Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles (2892 Views)

Iheanacho To Join U20 AYC Final Squad / Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City / Siasia Rules Out Return Of Yakubu And Martins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by denniece1(m): 12:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
With Kelechi Iheanacho's move to Manchester City seemingly on the collapse, Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi has ruled out any possibility of recalling the 2013 FIFA U-17 best player. Keshi expressed disappointment at the development, adding that Iheanacho would have made the team to the CHAN tournament in South Africa.
“Am not sure that can happen; there is no chance of it because he has lost almost a week since he left us and we don’t have time on our hands”
“When he was here he was already picking up, doing well and he would probably have made the team with the prospect of more exposure for him at the tournament”
Kelechi who is still in Nigeria is in a big dilemma with the Manchester deal still on the cards but the player is reluctant to join such a big club as he fears little playing time. He is now mauling over a deal with Portuguese giants FC Porto.
Keshi also reiterates that Kelechi is still young and should not be pressured into joining a club as big as Manchester City.
“It is a shame that we cannot have him and he cannot go to Manchester City but I am disappointed because he is a good player and he should be with us right now” he told brilafm.net
Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by denniece1(m): 12:10pm On Dec 27, 2013
Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by safarigirl(f): 12:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
I feel bad for him, the CHAN would've been great for him, and who knows? Keshi could've taken him to the World Cup too. Neymar wasn't dumb to have remained in Brazil after the World Cup that brought him to limelight, National assignments always increase the value of young players. Hope this isn't the beginning of the end for the kid, that's why it's not good to make hasty decisions. On a good note, Awoniyi, my love is still there

3 Likes

Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 27, 2013
was just about to post dis........
Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by denniece1(m): 1:01pm On Dec 27, 2013
safarigirl: I feel bad for him, the CHAN would've been great for him, and who knows? Keshi could've taken him to the World Cup too. Neymar wasn't dumb to have remained in Brazil after the World Cup that brought him to limelight, National assignments always increase the value of young players. Hope this isn't the beginning of the end for the kid, that's why it's not good to make hasty decisions
this is what greed 4rm his fathers side caused...i wuld av loved to see him @d chan..
Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by denniece1(m): 1:02pm On Dec 27, 2013
mr ryon: was just about to post dis........
grin
Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by stalyf(m): 4:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
His father is been carried away with the success of his son. He's so much in a haste. I support the big boss decision but if Keshi wishes, he could tamper justice with mercy.

1 Like

Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
That boy papa too like money..................dream of europe bigger clubs, bigger money....mtcheew....he's a good footballer with fresh talents, let him start from somewhere rather than chosing is point of career for him.
Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by lexyman(m): 6:22pm On Dec 27, 2013
This Keshi decision is harsh! but it's d best way to instill discipline , no one is indispensable .

Pls big boss , give him a second chance .

1 Like

Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by MaziOmenuko: 9:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
Its obvious keshi was not in support of his proposed move to City; and with good reason.

The lad disobeyed him when he took the trip to City in the first place. Its good he booted him out. Let him concentrate in his quest for Europe football. Keshi may let him in and, in the eve of the kickoff, the guy may bolt to another European club for a deal

1 Like

Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by denniece1(m): 9:26pm On Dec 27, 2013
^^^ kelechi would have been a fantastic inclusion but I doubt keshi would include him since there are still 30players in d camp fighting 4 the 23slots..he can't just eat his cake nd have it.
Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by Jakeattah(m): 6:24am On Dec 28, 2013
Very good
Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by nanizle(m): 8:16am On Dec 28, 2013
Good decision by Keshi. Young man, don't mess with the SUPER EAGLES.

Kelechi's father tho... I don't blame him sha. He wants to blow like mikels dad grin
Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by joseph1013: 8:20am On Dec 28, 2013
I feel so sad for him. May God not bless us with such a greedy basta.rd as a father. I'm feeling bad sef. Mtschew...
Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by Adeebiwa09(m): 9:16am On Dec 28, 2013
I dey observe
Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by denniece1(m): 10:49am On Dec 28, 2013
joseph1013: I feel so sad for him. May God not bless us with such a greedy basta.rd as a father. I'm feeling bad sef. Mtschew...
lol...take it easy na grin
Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by dotcomnamename: 2:33am On Dec 29, 2013
safarigirl: I feel bad for him, the CHAN would've been great for him, and who knows? Keshi could've taken him to the World Cup too. Neymar wasn't dumb to have remained in Brazil after the World Cup that brought him to limelight, National assignments always increase the value of young players. Hope this isn't the beginning of the end for the kid, that's why it's not good to make hasty decisions. On a good note, Awoniyi, my love is still there

[size=25pt]Fell bad for who? Hell nooooo

When Nairalanders, Ex-super Eagle players, some NFA committees, football mates, Newspaper, Facebookers, Original Indigbos was telling his greedy father to stop been after money money money but to care for his son's career and future, did he feel sorry for his son then?

The fake Indigbos on nairaland that said his father has made the right decision to let his son join Man City, the same fake nairalanders should go find club for him and beg Keshi to take him back.

Some fake Igbo people can destroy their children's future and career in the name of MONEY...

Nonsense! [/size]

I beg, if u no buy your domain name away from my hand, i go sell am cheap quick o KelechiIheanacho.com sad grin

1 Like

Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by seyiphils: 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
Igbos wth greeds

1 Like

Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by ROCKJ1(m): 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
Since Sunday Mba has left for France, keshi had better bring iheanacho in to strenghten our attack.
Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by denniece1(m): 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
seyiphils: Igbos wth greeds
Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by LordCenturion(m): 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
I feel for the guy ,his family will ruin his career , ,,,,keshi should forgive him, I expect NFF to intervene ,so that keshi can pardon the guy .. ..........Chai ,IGBO and MONEY ... . ...Like father, like tribe

1 Like

Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by safarigirl(f): 5:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
ROCK-J:
Since Sunday Mba has left for France, keshi had better bring iheanacho in to strenghten our attack.
azzin eh. The position of attacking mid-fielder is now void. Mba was the strongest we had, as e don go, Keshi, abeg, kindly do the needful and re-call Kelechi, as it stands, he's the only capable person we know, make we no go CHAN yeye ourselves
Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by Snoggy(m): 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
Greed didn't let the father think twice. Now, his son is left with nothing.

gringrin Too bad Kelechi is being used as the scapegoat. This should serve as a warning to others.
Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by maingwaest(f): 9:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
Papa Kelechi, she u de see wetin u de course ba? This ur greed wey u want take destroy ur son life so na better thing? Ok o.
Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by dotcomnamename: 12:26am On Dec 30, 2013
[size=14pt]His father James Iheanacho and his unnamed agent have displayed their hunger for money at the expense of the boy’s career which should be uppermost in their mind.

Kelechi’s coaches like Nduka Ugbade and Emmanuel Amuneke and ex player of note, Victor Ikpeba, advised that the boy should not be rushed into some big clubs, especially to Manchester City football club but allowed to hone his skills in lesser clubs in either Belgium or Holland, but his greedy father refused to listen.

Iheanacho’s father and the agent who feel that they can’t afford to wait until late 2014 or early 2015 to start earning the big bucks, from the sweat of the innocent player, whose career is seriously being threatened now by the desperation of two adults. why would Kelechi’s father want to collect some percentage from the contract? As father of the player, will he not get a piece of the boy’s earnings when it eventually starts rolling in?

He should have learnt from the parents of other young players who became bread winners of their families after they hit it big in Europe by taking their time to grow.

His greedy father and his agent should also have allowed Kelechi to participate in the CHAN were he would most probably have put up a display that will help raise his profile more because clubs would see that he could also make an impact in a senior team.

If Nwankwo Kanu, Wilson Oruma, Jonathan Akpoborie, Joseph Yobo, Mikel Obi as well as a host of others had been too desperate to run to big clubs because of fat bucks, may be they would have been gnashing their teeth like a whole lot of others now stranded in Europe playing Sunday-Sunday street football or washing dishes in some obscure restaurants and too ashamed to return home. So be wise Kelechi, talk to your father and your agent.[/size]
Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by dotcomnamename: 12:29am On Dec 30, 2013
seyiphils: Igbos wth greeds

Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by deb(m): 10:34am On Dec 30, 2013
The big boss just impressed me again. Sory for the talented young man but this is Nigeria. We are bigger than any singular player. I'm sure the boy either disobeyed Keshi or did not sought advice from him before he left and Keshi also would not want to discourage him so people will not call him jealous; forgetting that keshi had seen it all in football. Keshi is even the first Nigerian player to play abroad and among the first few in Africa to first do so before we now have all these influx of players from Africa in Europe.

Next time Kelechi consult the experienced elders in Keshi. Again, nice decision from the Big Boss himself
Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by safarigirl(f): 10:45am On Dec 30, 2013
deb: The big boss just impressed me again. Sory for the talented young man but this is Nigeria. We are bigger than any singular player. I'm sure the boy either disobeyed Keshi or did not sought advice from him before he left and Keshi also would not want to discourage him so people will not call him jealous; forgetting that keshi had seen it all in football. Keshi is even the first Nigerian player to play abroad and among the first few in Africa to first do so before we now have all these influx of players from Africa in Europe.

Next time Kelechi consult the experienced elders in Keshi. Again, nice decision from the Big Boss himself
even if the young man wanted to stay, Keshi released him because his FATHER asked for him, even Keshi said it, that "the boy's father called and asked me to release him".

If Kelechi's father had asked him to stay in camp, even if the boy wanted to go, do you think Keshi would've released him? Like Keshi said, he's a minor, so only his father's word counts for anything, not even his own

1 Like

Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by slimthugchimee(m): 10:59am On Dec 30, 2013
Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by denniece1(m): 1:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
The kind of person keshi is..i dont tink he wil cal him bck..he evn told ideye dat he shuld fight 4 his shirt in d team A,cos there are talented players 4rm d homebased squad dat can replace him

1 Like

Re: CHAN 2014: Keshi Rules Out Return Of Kelechi Iheanacho To Super Eagles by bizibrain(m): 3:36pm On Dec 30, 2013
denniece1: The kind of person keshi is..i dont tink he wil cal him bck..he evn told ideye dat he shuld fight 4 his shirt in d team A,cos there are talented players 4rm d homebased squad dat can replace him
He wont call him back 4 any reason.D stipulated reasons ar simple nd straight forward, he missed out 1 week of football training lessons. It would av been better if he missed out in d early stage.

Eagles Chan squad ar on d verge of concluding dere training session b4 he opt out so he might nt fit in..

Moreover, stephen keshi is a disciplined disciplinarian who is zero tolerance 2 indiscpline, inconsistence nd most importantly insubordinate 2 superior.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

.. / Cristano Ronaldo Spotted At Bernabau During The El Clasico Match / Chelsea vs Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.