Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. (34197 Views)

10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! / Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 27, 2013
This is my experience to my last trip to south africa, i have been to some other counties in europe and asia.....my first trip to south african was in november, i booked ticket and got on this flight thinking it gonna be a sweet journey.

When getting to OR tambo international airport, we cued for our passport to be stamped on arrival, it's my turn to get my passoort stamped....the immigration officer collected my passport, my new yellow fever card and my hotel reservation.....the next thing he said was that how did i managed to book the hotel, and i replied, my agent booked it for me, the next thing he said was step aside....he did the same thing to another 2 nigerians......the rest of the immigration stamped everyone on the line apart from this cruel guy who refused the 3 of us (nigerians).

Then they took us to a room, we sat there for 2 hours, they did not respond to us, the immigration later guy later came out and took us upstairs where he said we should come sign a paper 1 by 1, they don't even want to hear a word...we all signed and they took us to a detention room where we found some other guys with different storied including 3 nigerians...me i just can't start writing there own side of story too....but i must tell you the south african men don't like nigerians and you need to be aware of this when going there...cuz the immigration office told me that you nigerians come here to take our girls, you going (beck)...ahahahah i was just laughing, they put us back on the afternoon flight to lagos...handed our passport to the pilot, but thank God the visa is still valid and they did nothing to the passport.

When i got to lagos i booked another ticked the next day, i did my hotel reservation at the airport which cost me 50k and i also request a friend who is using the south african passport and also a business owner over there to send me an invitation letter which i print out and his data page, but when getting back to south africa, i was on the same cue again and i quickly sighted a free woman immigration office as a sharp 9ja boy, the lady just asked how long i'm i staying and she stamped my passport without asking for any other thing.....i stayed there for 6days as i have no intention of living in south africa, not even in europe.

13 Likes

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by KingDerailer: 12:28pm On Dec 27, 2013
O'boy eh ! Fest a la Commentus. La fest la historia.
Man utd should defeat Norwich, another 3 points in the pu§§y, sorry kitty.
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by henrychubayo: 7:47pm On Dec 27, 2013
Hahahahaha. This is real cruel. Even Britons and the states even EU never deport anyone like these.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 4:47am On Dec 28, 2013
Before I arrived I had heard stories bout hw they dnt like naija,while on d immigratn queue I scanned d faces of all d officers n located a female who ws smilin.

I jus went straight to her it took less than 3mins to clear me.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 28, 2013
that was what i did the second time too...
fonzie2u: Before I arrived I had heard stories bout hw they dnt like naija,while on d immigratn queue I scanned d faces of all d officers n located a female who ws smilin.

I jus went straight to her it took less than 3mins to clear me.
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 28, 2013
My brother i dey tell you.....
henrychubayo: Hahahahaha. This is real cruel. Even Britons and the states even EU never deport anyone like these.
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Olugbenger(m): 11:26am On Dec 28, 2013
cuz the immigration office told me that you nigerians come here to take our girls, you going (beck)...ahahahah i was just laughing

This is fast becoming the popular accusation and it's extremely silly. Now we don't have to believe every lie about Nigerians being criminals in some countries grin grin

Nigerians please stop taking their girls na....

grin grin

From Benin, Ghana....the same complaint. Nigerians marrying all their women and leaving left overs for them. grin

Pity the Nigerian men aren't even valued much at home undecided

Nigerian men, pls have mercy and stop taking all their women!
grin

14 Likes

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by lonelydora: 11:30am On Dec 28, 2013
I can only go there for a business. What did u go there to do? If we all run away from Nigeria, who will stay here to watch GEJ and jesus of Evans Bipi do all the nonsense they r doing?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Lanceslot(m): 11:32am On Dec 28, 2013
Chai! We (Nigerians) don suffer oo, just imagine how small this country is treating us.smh
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Ghadafy(m): 11:33am On Dec 28, 2013
You should go to a meaningful country next time.
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Boss13: 11:34am On Dec 28, 2013
Moral of story - Guys queue up with immigration ladies and not a guy when going to south africa

11 Likes

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by ikuku(m): 11:34am On Dec 28, 2013
What are you looking for in South Africa? Why don't you stay back in your country.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Okijajuju1(m): 11:35am On Dec 28, 2013
What was written on the paper you signed?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:35am On Dec 28, 2013
Don't worry, they are being insecure and you should have reported them to higher authorities.

Why are you keeping quite about something so huge It could ruin the country's relationship with Naija if its not dealt with soon. Those guys are manipulating and misusing their power....

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by royalsweetness(f): 11:36am On Dec 28, 2013
What happens when the smiling lady gets tired of Nigerians too

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Hackerjay(m): 11:37am On Dec 28, 2013
ikuku: What are you looking for in South Africa? Why don't you stay back in your country.
see question...SMH

1 Like

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by ceejay80s(m): 11:37am On Dec 28, 2013
Dont blame them, blame our govt
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by royalsweetness(f): 11:37am On Dec 28, 2013
ikuku: What are you looking for in South Africa? Why don't you stay back in your country.
Stay back and do what?

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 28, 2013
Are you trying to impress someone?
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by emmaduks(m): 11:38am On Dec 28, 2013
my brother why are you waisting your money for nothing, what is in SA that we Nigerians go looking for in there? Dont you know that they call us ATM thinking that all Nigeria are into drug and we carry dollar around, ok now what did you gain in SA tell us? Many of my friends in SA are looking for means to come back and look at you runing up and down, i'm very sorry for you.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Hadeyeancah(m): 11:38am On Dec 28, 2013
Am proud to be a Nigerian.All other African country are envy us...We bad

1 Like

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by toluleke(m): 11:38am On Dec 28, 2013
I just hate when people blame govt,Stay in your country too...those blaming and they to doing this

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Theben(m): 11:39am On Dec 28, 2013
You just stylishly revealed to us that not all South Africans hate Nigerians. Just one bad head does not represent the whole country.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by lonelydora: 11:40am On Dec 28, 2013
Wicked racists. I hate SA with a passion

1 Like

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by whosefault(f): 11:40am On Dec 28, 2013
its our fault. if you see the way we respect these red necks at point of entry into Naija, you go feel sorry for yourself. even you when be citizen them go forget you dey ask visitors wetin dem bring come for them. things will change one day.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by danielonyisi(m): 11:41am On Dec 28, 2013
SA GIRLS LOVE NAIJA MEN SO MUCH AND NAIJA MEN USE DEM FOR PAPER

1 Like

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Vado(m): 11:41am On Dec 28, 2013
If you ain't the type they hating on, then you ain't doing it right. Nigerians stay killin these guys with envy.

Sorry op you had to go through such bs. The "you come here to take our women" part cracks me up. cheesy
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by whirlwind7(m): 11:41am On Dec 28, 2013
Your "story" left a lot of gaps. What document were you asked to sign? You didnt mention it's contents (assuming you actually read it prior to appending ur signature.)
After you were shipped back to Lagos, you quickly booked another flight next day.
What reason made you do this? Why did you need to go back immediately?
Your narrative made it seem like you went there for pleasure, not business

11 Likes

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by mrborntodoit: 11:41am On Dec 28, 2013
Even if they grant me a free south African passport, I won't live there, never been there and have no plans of going there. Their men are so lazy, that they can't even satisfy their babes,show them love or even make their dreams come true. They still feel threatened by foreigners especially our 9ja hustling bros (Igbo kwenu) .

I met a lot of south Africans in Europe and they are so proud but when we talked and partied, they confessed that Nigerians got swags but bitterly complained about our desperation to riches even though they are aware of their laziness. Their street boys live on bounty hunting Meaning that they hunt Nigerian dealers ,rob and kill them. They believe it's their birth right since the cash was made from their soil.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by misterh(m): 11:41am On Dec 28, 2013
You mean even if i am invited or i'm going for a business appointment, i should not honour it? You, sir, are not on making sense with this post.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Two Cars Collide At Airport Road, Oshodi Lagos (Photos) / Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria / Accident In Edo Involving Dangote Motor & Other Cars (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.