Stats: 3,148,508 members, 7,801,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. (34180 Views)

10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! / Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Cubeet: 12:39pm On Dec 28, 2013
mu2sa2: OP is even lucky. I know a friend who was robbed, yes ROBBED, by a policeman at the same J'bourg airport. He was returning to Nigeria after attending a workshop in Pretoria. The criminal South African policeman followed him to the toilet and extracted 200 dollars from him at gunpoint. Any Nigerian going to SA should be very careful because the security forces at J'bourg airport and criminals including robbers target Nigerians, maybe on the assumption that they carry large cash. As for me i will avoid South Africa because i dont know how one an escape those criminals.

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Cubeet: 12:43pm On Dec 28, 2013
iconize:
Abeg sharrap..'Dem dey karry wella' yes in terms of HIV.
ABEGG NO VEX O. NA PLAY I DEY
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by solomon111(m): 12:47pm On Dec 28, 2013
Joyeux: Nigerians are hated and treated like slave in southafrica but they reverse is the case in nigeria southafricans are like king in our country i thinks it time we match their hatred with more hatred let us deal with them in all negative way possible that is the only way to make them to change.
Southafricans are not taking our country.
They can't.
The few respected SAs here in Nigeria are investors,just like dangote and oando are respected over there.
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by POPEII: 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2013
mr_born_todo_it: Even if they grant me a free south African passport, I won't live there, never been there and have no plans of going there. Their men are so lazy, that they can't even satisfy their babes,show them love or even make their dreams come true. They still feel threatened by foreigners especially our 9ja hustling bros (Igbo kwenu) .

I met a lot of south Africans in Europe and they are so proud but when we talked and partied, they confessed that Nigerians got swags but bitterly complained about our desperation to riches even though they are aware of their laziness. Their street boys live on bounty hunting Meaning that they hunt Nigerian dealers ,rob and kill them. They believe it's their birth right since the cash was made from their soil.
You have never been there yet you are judging them, hearsay much? Blah blah if you are so hardworking why don't you fix naija

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by ibkgab001: 12:57pm On Dec 28, 2013
Oga game. I can feel u olowoaye#next time go with SAA there. Won't be any problem
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
Lol guy thats what i went with u dig?
ibkgab001: Oga game. I can feel u olowoaye#next time go with SAA there. Won't be any problem
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Blackvampire(m): 1:11pm On Dec 28, 2013
South african nigga's jus forming shit dey ain't got balls..fuckin rapists

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by elume2020(m): 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
While reading through the Original poster (OP) story, it reminded me my experience at the OR'Tambo International Airport, instead of the hate I was favoured kind off but some statement were made that shows some signs of hatred for citizens of Nigeria. First problem was actually noticed from the SA High commission office in Lagos, I got my study permit in August which was very unusual because a light complexioned Nigerian lady told me point blank to come back in November but while she was just talk without any sign of emotion a South African staff, short dark lady came to the cubicle and asked what i wanted, then i explained the admission process the research i was coming for to her and she ordered the lady to give me the necessary documents and form. Eventually i got the study permit within 9 working days. Problem, It has an expiry date of 13/12/2013 but the study permit conditions stated ... until 31/09/2015. Two expiry date. On arriving OR'Tambo, fortunately a female was the first to attend to me. On spotting the different date she called a senior colleague, who later spotted that September has only 30 days. Though i complained about the two different expiry date on the visa granted the lady that handed over the passport to me right there in the Embassy say it was perfect the the condition supersede the expiry day but i was worried. So at OR'Tambo i was taken to their boss. Then the question and answer session started, Thanks to God i have read some few literature about my research so they asked what the research is all about and I downloaded it. Now the lady said she is going to help me because i seems knowledgeable. Then she put a call through to the Institution and the institution said i was not registered with them. Another wahala. Immediately i pulled out all document from my bag, showed her the admission form i filled and the scanned reply that bears my student number. Also i showed her the admission letter then i mention the name of my supervisor. So they called the school again to know if the said supervisor is a staff of the institution and the response was to the affirmative. The immigration lady requested the number of the supervisor, placed a call to him and he confirmed he was expecting today as i have sent him my itinerary before departing Lagos and a car was already waiting for me at the airport. The lady collected my passport took somewhere stamped and wrote on it until 09/2015. She advise me to visit the home affairs office and make necessary correction. She ended the whole help with the negative comments about what Nigerians are doing in the country, advise me and said she will keep tab on me, that if my passport number appears on any negative scene she will track me down. i was huh. The truth is many South African has mixed feelings about Nigeria and about themselves from tribe to tribe. They like us and at the same time are scared of us both for our intelligence, smartness and our bad side as well. Once you pass through OR'Tambo its not an absolute hatred, its up to individuals to prove his or her worth. But I will encourage anyone coming here for academic to be honest with himself, make good use of that visa granted and other doors will open for you. For holidays, enjoy it to the fullest so many places to visit. For our politician don't just come here to look at infrastructure and return to Nigeria to build low class structure and say its up to international standard to deceive people. See what is spent on education, buses lifting student from a bus stop to school at no cost. Internet access for our institution, good hostels and scholarship incentives with equality and not political favoritism. ASUU is not asking for too much but the problem is now beyond the fund, as changing the ideology of money making tactics from student of some these lecturer will be difficult.

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by meforyou1(m): 1:18pm On Dec 28, 2013
lonelydora: I can only go there for a business. What did u go there to do? If we all run away from Nigeria, who will stay here to watch GEJ and jesus of Evans Bipi do all the nonsense they r doing?
did u read d post at all? He stayed there for only 6 days. Is that running away?
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 28, 2013
The worst thing about their unwelcoming behaviors in South Africa is that they are proud and loud to do it.These guys are very uncivilized to be living in that country. Please...!
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
They keep disgracing Africans and Africa routinely with their barbaric behavior without any remorse. I have nothing serious to do with these unclad and blinded m o r o n s who think too much of themselves! Psychologically, I think there is sense of insecurity they carry about themselves. Nonsense!
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Cubeet: 1:25pm On Dec 28, 2013
SOUTH AFRICA, is a very useless xenophobic country.
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:25pm On Dec 28, 2013
Pennywise: I like to travel, but SA never comes to mind. What with the violent robberies, very high incidence of HIV capped with hostile immigration and populace. Nigeria may be bad but we know how to navigate our way in this country. I find no real attraction at all for that country. Yes their women have good skin most likely bc of their near-temperate climate, are usually well endowed but most of the time they have faces like shiit. How dare they treat Nigerians that way.
so ya'll go to s.a for women SMH!
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by iconize(m): 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by cold(m): 1:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
Lmao @all4naija. Your hatred for everything SA though
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: so ya'll go to s.a for women SMH!
What is wrong in that anyway? Is that the reason why your silly immigration officers are disrespectful to Nigerians at the airports?!

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Cubeet: 1:30pm On Dec 28, 2013
cold: Lmao @all4naija. Your hatred for everything SA though
SA DESERVES THE HATRED
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Theben(m): 1:30pm On Dec 28, 2013
all4naija: What is wrong in that anyway? Is that the reason why your silly immigration officers are disrespectful to Nigerians at the airports?!
She's from Lesotho not SA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Shoot Us- Nigerians Shout As They Clash With Police In Pakistan / Two Cars Collide At Airport Road, Oshodi Lagos (Photos) / Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria