Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. (34177 Views)

10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! / Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by tellwisdom: 1:30pm On Dec 28, 2013
I hear about S.A. where is that?? wetin dem dey do fr there??
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Btruth: 1:41pm On Dec 28, 2013
emmaduks: my brother why are you waisting your money for nothing, what is in SA that we Nigerians go looking for in there? Dont you know that they call us ATM thinking that all Nigeria are into drug and we carry dollar around, ok now what did you gain in SA tell us? Many of my friends in SA are looking for means to come back and look at you runing up and down, i'm very sorry for you.

A bi oooo. If only we have

- good roads.
- security.
- power supply.
- good health facilities.
- & others too.
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by mu2sa2: 1:53pm On Dec 28, 2013
[quote author=Cubeet][/quote]It's true bros.l asked the friend why he didn't call for help, he said he was afraid the policeman might shoot him. That was his first trip outside Nigeria and he traveled alone.
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 28, 2013
I have admired that country in the past for their courage to co-exist with others. NOT now! I look to Mandela for inspiration. Only to find out presently the citizens of that country are bent on humiliating Nigerians at any cost, even when it is not necessarily required of them. Imagine this thread's airport case as an example of unneeded mistreatment.That is frustrating about the way things are done in that nation. Jeez!

South Africans should be careful with the way they deal with Nigerians in their country. I can not think of how people would go to a dangerous length as to rob a famous writer like Wole Soyinka in his hotel room and also shot at a Nigerian High Commissioner to that country. That is preposterous to say the least! It is getting out of hand and becoming a disturbing thing to hear about. What is wrong with South Africans? Can't they just act in a civilized manner for once? Jeez!

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 28, 2013
Joyeux: Nigerians are hated and treated like slave in southafrica but they reverse is the case in nigeria southafricans are like king in our country i thinks it time we match their hatred with more hatred let us deal with them in all negative way possible that is the only way to make them to change.
we're good people abeg #teamshowmorelove
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by CyberG: 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
Rossy_Bentley: This is my experience to my last trip to south africa, i have been to some other counties in europe and asia.....my first trip to south african was in november, i booked ticket and got on this flight thinking it gonna be a sweet journey.

When getting to OR tambo international airport, we cued for our passport to be stamped on arrival, it's my turn to get my passoort stamped....the immigration officer collected my passport, my new yellow fever card and my hotel reservation.....the next thing he said was that how did i managed to book the hotel, and i replied, my agent booked it for me, the next thing he said was step aside....he did the same thing to another 2 nigerians......the rest of the immigration stamped everyone on the line apart from this cruel guy who refused the 3 of us (nigerians).

Then they took us to a room, we sat there for 2 hours, they did not respond to us, the immigration later guy later came out and took us upstairs where he said we should come sign a paper 1 by 1, they don't even want to hear a word...we all signed and they took us to a detention room where we found some other guys with different storied including 3 nigerians...me i just can't start writing there own side of story too....but i must tell you the south african men don't like nigerians and you need to be aware of this when going there...cuz the immigration office told me that you nigerians come here to take our girls, you going (beck)...ahahahah i was just laughing, they put us back on the afternoon flight to lagos...handed our passport to the pilot, but thank God the visa is still valid and they did nothing to the passport.

When i got to lagos i booked another ticked the next day, i did my hotel reservation at the airport which cost me 50k and i also request a friend who is using the south african passport and also a business owner over there to send me an invitation letter which i print out and his data page, but when getting back to south africa, i was on the same cue again and i quickly sighted a free woman immigration office as a sharp 9ja boy, the lady just asked how long i'm i staying and she stamped my passport without asking for any other thing.....i stayed there for 6days as i have no intention of living in south africa, not even in europe.

I see you only wanted to visit for a few days and imagine the hassle you had to go through? There is something definitely attractive in SA to want Nigerians to want to go there so had but when it comes to their own country, Nigerians want to remain a one-party state, but like to run to countries that have evolved politically which has helped to grow their countries. Anyway na una sabi oh
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
They should know that is their ladies that is after us. I hv three girls from SA on my facebook begging me to love them and that they want to visit me, one of them is from limpopo province
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by iconize(m): 2:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
Cubeet, hope you can see?
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by kgr28(m): 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2013
fvcking BS story! you were sent back to lagos because they told you that nigerian men take SA women?? immediately you were back in SA next day?? why were you so desperate to come back, when you were treated like that. dont make up stories!!

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Iykeponti(m): 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2013
Its not all abt crime.... Infact dis's the major problem we face..outside nygeria, especially in Europe nd Asia... U know most nygerians carry conrod 4waist... nd most women r ready to die 4it (-.-)
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by solomon111(m): 2:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
CyberG:

I see you only wanted to visit for a few days and imagine the hassle you had to go through? There is something definitely attractive in SA to want Nigerians to want to go there so had but when it comes to their own country, Nigerians want to remain a one-party state, but like to run to countries that have evolved politically which has helped to grow their countries. Anyway na una sabi oh
SA is a one party state.
Infact,Nigeria has a much active opposition compared to SA.
Your analogy does not follow.
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by danielonyisi(m): 2:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
dowai: They should know that is their ladies that is after us. I hv three girls from SA on my facebook begging me to love them and that they want to visit me, one of them is from limpopo province

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by danielonyisi(m): 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
iconize: But why NL just dey delete all my posts, cubeet bear mee witness oooh.
NAWA O.DEM NO WANT MAKE YOU TALK AGAIN
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
kgr28: fvcking BS story! you were sent back to lagos because they told you that nigerian men take SA women?? immediately you were back in SA next day?? why were you so desperate to come back, when you were treated like that. dont make up stories!!

It could be he wanted to explore the country for what he had heard about it. That is likely the cause of the curiosity in this case, I guess.
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by kgr28(m): 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2013
Cubeet: SA DESERVES THE HATRED
nigeria deserve the most horrible treatment you can imagine!!
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Cubeet: 2:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
iconize: But why NL just dey delete all my posts, cubeet bear mee witness oooh.
LOOL.NASO DEM DEY DELETE MINE TOO
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by kgr28(m): 2:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
all4naija:

It could be he wanted to explore the country for what he had heard about it. That is likely the cause of the curiosity in this case, I guess.
explore? my azz. he heard what? that could make him so desperate??
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by iconize(m): 2:16pm On Dec 28, 2013
Cubeet: LOOL.NASO DEM DEY DELETE MINE TOO
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
kgr28: nigeria deserve the most horrible treatment you can imagine!!

Can you tell us why Nigerians deserve bad treatments? We can understand why South Africans need to be hated. For being xenophobic to foreigners, HIV/AIDS, loudmouth and bragging,for crimes,behaving like animals,etc when you expect them to be different for coming from the most developed nation of Africa. You can see where the anger is directed at here. Your post is not helping matter nor is it in the favor of your people. It is right time you condemn the evils by your people.

Thank you.
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 28, 2013
kgr28: explore? my azz. he heard what? that could make him so desperate??

Yes! Everybody is not the same.I can do something of that nature just to prove a point.

Thank you.
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
all4naija:

Can you tell us why Nigerians deserve bad treatments? We can understand why South Africans need to be hated. For being xenophobic to foreigners, HIV/AIDS, loudmouth and bragging,for crimes,behaving like animals,etc when you expect them to be different for coming from the most developed nation of Africa. You can see where the anger is directed at here. Your post is not helping matter nor is it in the favor of your people. It is right time you condemn the evils by your people.

Thank you.
you forgot to add paedophile / rape
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 28, 2013
kgr28: explore? my azz. he heard what? that could make him so desperate??
simple, go to your ministry of tourism and tell them to stop advertising your shiithole .. people visit Nigeria too, we don't treat them that way
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by kgr28(m): 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2013
scipher: you forgot to add paedophile / rape
is nigeria in any way better?? if thats so why the hell cant you stay in nigeria, and leave us with our ill mannerd behaviour? surely you are running from something, something very unbearable.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
kgr28: is nigeria in any way better?? if thats so why the hell cant you stay in nigeria, and leave us with our ill mannerd behaviour? surely you are running from something, something very unbearable.
whats this one saying? Nigeria is the second most visited destination on the continent.. even your colonial masters keep coming in... smh for you lost causes , SA blacks
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
kgr28: is nigeria in any way better?? if thats so why the hell cant you stay in nigeria, and leave us with our ill mannerd behaviour? surely you are running from something, something very unbearable.

If you are to be correct. Why are there still over hundred million people unwilling to travel out of the country? I saw a South African in Tokyo wnd she refused to go back to SA. Does that mean she is running away from something unbearable in your country?
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by kgr28(m): 2:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
scipher: simple, go to your ministry of tourism and tell them to stop advertising your shiithole .. people visit Nigeria too, we don't treat them that way
owww flip.. funny i have never seen nigerian tourism ad, your gov knows they can never advertise that thang you call a COUNTRY..any way whats there to advertise??
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
all4naija:

If you are to be correct. Why are there still over hundred million people unwilling to travel out of the country? I saw a South African in Tokyo wnd she refused to go back to SA. Does that mean she is running away from something unbearable in your country?
there are over 5thousand afrikanners in Nigeria,( based on 2011 figures )..I'm sure those poor folks are running away from rape and shiit
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Cubeet: 2:41pm On Dec 28, 2013
DISGRACE TO AFRICA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Shoot Us- Nigerians Shout As They Clash With Police In Pakistan / DEPORTED From The UK!! / Beautiful City Of Abeokuta, Ogun State (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.