Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,019 members, 7,799,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) (38862 Views)

This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed / How My Faith & Prayers Helped Me Get A Very Good Job Through Nairaland Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by Talie2kiss(f): 9:13am On Dec 31, 2013
congrats dear, i tap from this testimony, Jan 2014 must be d end of job search in my life.amen

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by UnknownT: 1:05am On Jan 01, 2014
Ur very correct bro! For d aptitude test drop out, i am one of them. I havent passed any computer based test i have written, d two i have managed to pass were written with pencil or pen. For d interview drop out, i am also one. For one, i got pass d aptitude test, d 1st interview(after many blunders), then i was dropped after d 2nd interview. How did it happen? It was scheduled on a sunday afternoon, i didnt eat b4 going cos i thought it will be done early, but it got to my turn around to 11pm, i was hungry,famished etc, n i believe that was what made me to be dropped cos i performed extremely poor cos of hunger. For d 2nd one, after d aptitude test, they sent us a material to download n prepare for d interview, d period i downloaded mine, i fell sick! I couldnt study anything, even with d lil i tried reading n convalescing, i embarked on d trip 4rm ph to lagos. Long story cut short, it got to my turn, d format d chinese guys put d question threw me off balance(i got to find out in d course of d interview that i never knew d title of d material), since then its being computer based tests n i have not being succeeding. But i am optimistic dis 2014. Forgive my long story, just had to pour my heart out. Thanks. #UnknownT
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by chessguru1(m): 2:24pm On Jan 01, 2014
UnknownT: Ur very correct bro! For d aptitude test drop out, i am one of them. I havent passed any computer based test i have written, d two i have managed to pass were written with pencil or pen. For d interview drop out, i am also one. For one, i got pass d aptitude test, d 1st interview(after many blunders), then i was dropped after d 2nd interview. How did it happen? It was scheduled on a sunday afternoon, i didnt eat b4 going cos i thought it will be done early, but it got to my turn around to 11pm, i was hungry,famished etc, n i believe that was what made me to be dropped cos i performed extremely poor cos of hunger. For d 2nd one, after d aptitude test, they sent us a material to download n prepare for d interview, d period i downloaded mine, i fell sick! I couldnt study anything, even with d lil i tried reading n convalescing, i embarked on d trip 4rm ph to lagos. Long story cut short, it got to my turn, d format d chinese guys put d question threw me off balance(i got to find out in d course of d interview that i never knew d title of d material), since then its being computer based tests n i have not being succeeding. But i am optimistic dis 2014. Forgive my long story, just had to pour my heart out. Thanks. #UnknownT
I understand bro. Am extremely particular about my circumstances. That which I Can control, I do Every single thing to control, that which I can't control, I do every thing I can to adapt.
Preparation is Everything and is not only isolated to preparing by studying. Preparation also involves both mental and physical.
Your mood is vital in you having a good day, so try avoiding anything that will Add any form of stress or negativity on ur test Day by planing ahead.
Preparation is all encompassing...and it really helped me.
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by sweetkisses(f): 2:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
chess guru:
Hmmmmm brodaly what other choice do they leave us than 2 falsify our age cry
Its surprisingly easy 2 do it in a court.
Its not right but age restriction isn't used 2 screen best performers, but to help reduce number of applicants
What about a situation where the age is clearly written onur WAEC certificate?? How then can one falsify the age?
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by chessguru1(m): 5:15pm On Jan 01, 2014
sweetkisses:
What about a situation where the age is clearly written onur WAEC certificate?? How then can one falsify the age?
No idea dear
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by Mobi47(m): 8:33am On Jan 02, 2014
@CHES GURU. Pls what grade did u finish wt in uni. is it 1st class or 2-1
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by Anurugwo(m): 8:36am On Jan 02, 2014
How about d BBM group? Hw we go take join?
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by adadadon(m): 8:38am On Jan 02, 2014
great advice .... really appreciate and congratulations to you once again
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by pjecly: 8:46am On Jan 02, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
It's a gr8 priviledge for u bro. I hardly comment on NL but this thread is so inspired that I cant just beaf it. Congrat!!!
It shall be a long last job 4 u bro. Dont 4get d dudes here NL. I pray I achieve my dream job soon cos am still in service.
More blessings!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by b3llo(m): 8:52am On Jan 02, 2014
This is time for seriousness
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 02, 2014
So incase you didn't know, PES 15 launched on Nov 11 and is right here on our shores. Grap a copy and talk amongst yourselves

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NGFNXJKhFQ

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by Tbillz(m): 9:05am On Jan 02, 2014
OLUWA SEUN OSEWA IS AN ANGEL IN HUMAN DISGUISE #THanks for tha idea of nairaland @ op U are speakin with a thousand voice #tanks bro

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by Jorian1(m): 9:10am On Jan 02, 2014
Thank you for the advice, at the same time I want to appreciate every individual who took it upon themself to feed the fellow Nigerian with accurate information in this forum. I ve heard of so many testimonies from people who gain from nairaland with the help of other, the one that suprise me is that of a guy that was stranded in lagos but with a fellow nairalanded he had a place to rest his head not under the bridge. Name cannot be mentioned because it will fill the whole thread, so all dedicated nairalanded is a winner. Thanks to every nairalanded. 2014 is gonna be double of last year achievement, so if u didn't get urs, wait and seeee.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by Learners04(m): 9:25am On Jan 02, 2014
This is another intelligent thread on Nairaland making fp. Congrats chess guru... You analysis on the different stages is so much on point. Am sure this will help a lot of applicants.
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by CaptJHMiller: 9:25am On Jan 02, 2014
chess guru:
Hey!! Congrats.. very happy for you.

Sorry bro, went through the thread for BAT and realized, a requirment.. must have finished NYSC by July 2013 and you said in a post u are 13B. So how did u manage thus condition?
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by chiogoezubem(f): 9:27am On Jan 02, 2014
Congratulations!!! This is indeed a great news and a good way of starting the new year.
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by Acedude: 9:34am On Jan 02, 2014
@ op thank you for inspiring us. It shows that with continuous adequate preparation & persistence, there's always victory at the end. ​thank you man

*pls BAT is one of my dream places to work buh really dnt have an idea when their recruitment is done & how its done. Wiil be glad if u can help with it.
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by olabode89(m): 9:35am On Jan 02, 2014
UnknownT: Ur very correct bro! For d aptitude test drop out, i am one of them. I havent passed any computer based test i have written, d two i have managed to pass were written with pencil or pen. For d interview drop out, i am also one. For one, i got pass d aptitude test, d 1st interview(after many blunders), then i was dropped after d 2nd interview. How did it happen? It was scheduled on a sunday afternoon, i didnt eat b4 going cos i thought it will be done early, but it got to my turn around to 11pm, i was hungry,famished etc, n i believe that was what made me to be dropped cos i performed extremely poor cos of hunger. For d 2nd one, after d aptitude test, they sent us a material to download n prepare for d interview, d period i downloaded mine, i fell sick! I couldnt study anything, even with d lil i tried reading n convalescing, i embarked on d trip 4rm ph to lagos. Long story cut short, it got to my turn, d format d chinese guys put d question threw me off balance(i got to find out in d course of d interview that i never knew d title of d material), since then its being computer based tests n i have not being succeeding. But i am optimistic dis 2014. Forgive my long story, just had to pour my heart out. Thanks. #UnknownT

Bro, I feel ur pain and I'm very sure that you can master the art of passing aptitude tests and interviews.

Firstly before I give some tips I'm going to state factors I think are important in passing aptitude tests
1. Raw intelligence
2. Speed
3. Commitment to the course.

Although raw intellingence is in-built, speed and the other factor can be replaced by practice and hardwork. I hope these tips will be very useful.

1. Be prepared
Do not wait for test invitation before u pick up materials. Make Gmat, SHL and co ur companion. Practice questions to improve speed, Learn skills and ways of tackling questions.

2. Information is vital
Although some companies do send sample or state the type of test to be administered others do not, therefore it's important to get info from friends and forums like nairaland, naijahotjobs etc.

3. Eat very well before attending test,buy some snacks if u feel hungry before d test, compose yourself, attack the questions you are familiar with first. Time management is vital, do not waste unecessary time on a question that is proving dificult! 'FREE IT' you can always come back to it. Attend test invitation with a positive mindset it helps a lot.

4. Pray and Fast if you are a believer.
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 02, 2014
Pls ,how can we join the bbm group on dis? Or is it restricted?
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by olabode89(m): 9:42am On Jan 02, 2014
Horayce: Pretty useless advice in an economy that cannot do basic things like, you know: generate 247 power, industrialize, conquer hunger&agriculture, foster a spirit of self reliance and enterprise in its citizens etc. Jobs will be aplenty if/when the basics are addressed, no need to write long sermons sis.

My friend close ya mouth!!!!

The basics have been adressed in Europe and North America for decades and they still have problem of unemployment.

If the government cannot help you, work smartly and help urself

3 Likes

Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 02, 2014
Chess guru please for the sake of Allah modify that your post. The one you adviced someone to falsify his age. Please you could lose your job. Do it fast before anyone quotes it. PLEASE and don't make comments like that again. You never know when your boss might be around.smiley
also you could go to jail

3 Likes

Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by bayulll01(m): 9:49am On Jan 02, 2014
Horayce: Pretty useless advice in an economy that cannot do basic things like, you know: generate 247 power, industrialize, conquer hunger&agriculture, foster a spirit of self reliance and enterprise in its citizens etc. Jobs will be aplenty if/when the basics are addressed, no need to write long sermons sis.
Pathetic the op gave advice and u are dizzzing we all know the situation of the country,but there is hope so run along and go hug transformer if u don't av any meaningful things to say shut up I would av advice u to go and DiiE but its new year.take ur time oversabi

3 Likes

Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 02, 2014
I agree 100%.

First time in my Nairaland history
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 02, 2014

^^^^^^
An example of the failures the OP asks people to stay away from. #NuffSaid
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by davide470(m): 11:18am On Jan 02, 2014
Capt. JH Miller:

Sorry bro, went through the thread for BAT and realized, a requirment.. must have finished NYSC by July 2013 and you said in a post u are 13B. So how did u manage thus condition?
Thanks in anticipation.
Chess guru was 12B..not 13B
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 02, 2014
CONGRAT!!!
PLEASE WHAT DID U BAG OUT OF SCHOOL AND UR COARSE OF STUDY

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by bayulll01(m): 11:35am On Jan 02, 2014
ayfat23: CONGRAT!!!
PLEASE WHAT DID U BAG OUT OF SCHOOL AND UR COARSE OF STUDY
BAG OUT and COARSE OF STUDY and u wana get job in 2014 God help u.smh

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by CaptJHMiller: 12:07pm On Jan 02, 2014
^^
grin grin
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by SurajTunde: 12:34pm On Jan 02, 2014
Good advice from chess guru. Your guru name really speaks volumes!
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by justiade4uu(m): 12:57pm On Jan 02, 2014
I am adding this to complement this good article.

What stage are you at?
Do any of the following sound familiar to you?
• I'm not sure what to write in my CV/Application form/covering letter
• I'm not getting any interviews
• I've had lots of interviews, but no job offers
• I don't know what to expect at an assessment centre
• The companies I want to work for never advertise
• I'm worried about constraints?
• I've been offered a job and don't know whether to accept it

NOTE THE FOLLOWING
 75% of job seekers can’t get a job because of their poor CV writing skill.
 60% of job seekers can’t get a job because of their unethical covering letter.
 79% of job seekers can’t get a job because they aren’t prepared for the interview and didn’t research the organization and its products/services, and they weren’t ready for the standard interview questions.

THE SOLUTION: Make personal efforts to put right the WRONG identified above. YOU ARE SURE TO GET YOUR DREAMED JOB IJN.
Meanwhile, while waiting, get something DOING...Here is one I suggest. Visit http://tlcgboard..com for free details.
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by bijouxcutey(f): 12:57pm On Jan 02, 2014
Thanks for this thread! Its inspiring. More powers to your elbow.
Please can you give us tips on how to write a cover letter.
Re: How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) by WebclickNG: 1:23pm On Jan 02, 2014
Although I am not a Fan of 9-5 job, I prefer working as a freelancer for companies in Nigeria and abroad and that is how I make my money. Who does not like to earn in dollar.

But I think job failure come from two major factors. First reason why many do not get called up for interview is because of the way they prepare their resume. While I was starting as a freelancer, I often find it difficult to find job just as traditionally. But then I went into research and finally come up with about 50 articles that show how my resume was responsible. When I apply the information I started getting jobs online. I tried the advise offline and I was invited for a couple of interview which I never honoured.

The other reason is because many do not follow the right ethical procedure during interview and they lost their opportunity to impress their employer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wema Bank Is Currently Accepting CV / How Do I Greet My Panel Of Interviewers / How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.