Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

New Rule For 2014 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Rule For 2014 (2645 Views)

Full Text Of Apostle Suleman's Prophesies For 2014 / The Golden Rule For Christians / Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 4:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
I think it is morally and ethically reasonable that anyone who comes to this religious forum to debate or discuss important or controversial religious topics should write a short disclaimer if he or she makes a living off, or earns any income from religion or a religion affliated body.

1 Like

Re: New Rule For 2014 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
Lol, do you think they'd be honest enough to admit it?
Re: New Rule For 2014 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2013
grin I don't think we have lots of those people here. They are too busy thinking of which tactic and tragedy to squeeze money off their members.

Majority of people are in my opinion don't live off peoples income.

1 Like

Re: New Rule For 2014 by frodobee: 5:24pm On Dec 27, 2013
I second this proposition. Those who lie will surely be exposed someday.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 27, 2013
It is not necessary

"yeye dey smell"

They will expose themselves under scrutiny.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 6:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
Logicboy03: It is not necessary

"yeye dey smell"

They will expose themselves under scrutiny.... cheesy

He he he. grin
Re: New Rule For 2014 by okeyxyz(m): 6:43pm On Dec 27, 2013
grin grin grin It's funny that you guys think it's somehow shameful to make a living from practicing one's doctrines. Duh!!! You are supposed to profit from exercising your doctrines/beliefs. How else do you prove it's truth to yourself, let alone to others
Re: New Rule For 2014 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 27, 2013
okeyxyz: grin grin grin It's funny that you guys think it's somehow shameful to make a living from practicing one's doctrines. Duh!!! You are supposed to profit from exercising your doctrines/beliefs. How else do you prove it's truth to yourself, let alone to others

Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 6:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
okeyxyz: grin grin grin It's funny that you guys think it's somehow shameful to make a living from practicing one's doctrines. Duh!!! You are supposed to profit from exercising your doctrines/beliefs. How else do you prove it's truth to yourself, let alone to others

Ahaa! It has been finally confessed.
Religion and religious doctrines are for profit, or, as you put it, expected to yield material profits.
Thanks for your honesty.
It seems that we had Been deceived in Sunday school that religion was about the salvation of our souls.

Pope Leo V said it well when he said " This myth of Christ has served us most PROFITABLY".

1 Like

Re: New Rule For 2014 by Joshthefirst(m): 6:59pm On Dec 27, 2013
plaetton:
Religion and religious doctrines are for profit, or, as you put it, expected to yield material profits.
Thanks for your honesty.
It seems that we had Been deceived in Sunday school that religion was about the salvation of our souls.

Pope Leo V said it well when he said " This myth of Christ has served us most PROFITABLY".
you have truly been decieved if you think religion is for the salvation of your souls.

Look at all the religions in the world and tell me if their subscribers have their souls saved.

Christ saves the soul. Not religion.

1 Like

Re: New Rule For 2014 by Joshthefirst(m): 7:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

grin grin

Read it again, this time slowly. grin
Re: New Rule For 2014 by okeyxyz(m): 7:04pm On Dec 27, 2013
plaetton:
Thanks for your honesty.

Obviously, you have no idea whatsoever about this christianity you so readily criticize and ridicule. In your purporting to be smart, you expose your ignorance. Even @logicboy who claims he used to be a christian, now we know he was just pretending to be christian, cos he has no knowledge of it's principles grin grin grin. I give you just one passage, though there are many:

31“Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ 32“For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you(matthew 6:31-33).

1 Like

Re: New Rule For 2014 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 27, 2013
^ ^ ^ what is this one saying?
Re: New Rule For 2014 by okeyxyz(m): 7:20pm On Dec 27, 2013
rationalmind: ^ ^ ^ what is this one saying?

Perhaps your brain is not developed enough to grasp my point, that one's doctrine is supposed to enable him to live a profitable/prosperous life. Sorry, I can't remake you to be smart, wish I could but meh..
Re: New Rule For 2014 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 27, 2013
okeyxyz:

Perhaps your brain is not developed enough to grasp my point, that one's doctrine is supposed to enable him to live a profitable/prosperous life. Sorry, I can't remake you to be smart, wish I could but meh..

And if the above is all your developed brain could come up with. I'd rather have my brain undeveloped.

1 Like

Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
@okeyxyz
The bible passage you quoted above actually supports my argument and repudiates yours.

You Christians are a funny lot. You are so used to claiming things, that you even hastily claim a passage that clearly contradict your warped views.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by okeyxyz(m): 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2013
plaetton: @okeyxyz
The bible passage you quoted above actually supports my argument and repudiates yours.

You Christians are a funny lot. You are so used to claiming things, that you even hastily claim a passage that clearly contradict your warped views.

Well, why don't you reveal this your alternative argument that contradicts living a prosperous christian life...
Re: New Rule For 2014 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 27, 2013
You accuse people of being conmen and he says they are only living a prosperous christian life.

So much for a developed brain. grin grin
Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 8:27pm On Dec 27, 2013
okeyxyz:

Well, why don't you reveal this your alternative argument that contradicts living a prosperous christian life...

Big laughs.
Your previous bible quotation in red clearly and unambiguously contradict your so-called living a prosperous christian life, most especially when such a prosperous christian life is based on a parasitic relationship between the often self-annointed/appointed leaders and the rest.

Big shame on such cretins.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by Joshthefirst(m): 9:57pm On Dec 27, 2013
I know one thing: life is more than material prosperity and money. Jesus and paul and others in the new testament treated material prosperity dismissively and treated covetousness disdainfully,

Luke 12:13 13 And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me. 14 And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you? 15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

I also know God fulfills all our needs when work hard and trust him. Simple.

We should not be greedy and covetous for money. Simple.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 10:12pm On Dec 27, 2013
So you agree with me on most points.
But who provides and rewards me when I don't even acknowledged the existence of god, let alone worship or trust him?
Re: New Rule For 2014 by texanomaly(f): 10:34pm On Dec 27, 2013

Huh?
Re: New Rule For 2014 by Joshthefirst(m): 10:35pm On Dec 27, 2013
plaetton: So you agree with me on most points.
But who provides and rewards me when I don't even acknowledged the existence of god, let alone worship or trust him?
you take care of yourself then. You trust in yourself. When problems arise, you have no god to ask for help.
But I hope you will not be decieved into thinking that those whose problems are too big for them and those who ask God for help are impotent sir. No. Humans are vulnerable. Its simple. There's no use denying it.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 11:20pm On Dec 27, 2013
^^^
I have a 5-step program for dealing with big problems.
1. Confront the problem head on and map out a possible solution.
2. Have a strong drink.
3. summon the mistress
4. If it gets worse, take a prozac
5. And if it gets even worse, grab the phone and call mom.
Mom is the final solution to every problem in life.
No god required.
grin

4 Likes

Re: New Rule For 2014 by Joshthefirst(m): 11:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
plaetton: ^^^
2. Have a strong drink.
3. summon the mistress
No god required.
grin
grin grin grin

Toh. When these things fail you, who will you turn to?
Re: New Rule For 2014 by MrTroll(m): 11:24pm On Dec 27, 2013
plaetton: ^^^
2. Have a strong drink.
3. summon the mistress
No god required.
grin

Who created your mom? angry
Re: New Rule For 2014 by MrTroll(m): 11:26pm On Dec 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: grin grin grin

Toh. When these things fail you, who will you turn to?
as yahweh and allah has continually failed Nigeria where will they turn to?

Bros, people succeed in life without your imaginary gods. Deal with it.

4 Likes

Re: New Rule For 2014 by Joshthefirst(m): 11:30pm On Dec 27, 2013
Mr Troll: as yahweh and allah has continually failed Nigeria where will they turn to?
yhwh has never failed anyone.

Bros, people succeed in life without your imaginary gods. Deal with it.
if you mean in terms of money, of course people succeed in life without God. They amass wealth. But as for me, when I accepted God, he became the center, and my definition of success became his, and is based on his rules and his ways.

1 Like

Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 11:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
Mr Troll:

Who created your mom? angry
Her mom

3 Likes

Re: New Rule For 2014 by MrTroll(m): 11:47pm On Dec 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: yhwh has never failed anyone.

if you mean in terms of money, of course people succeed in life without God. They amass wealth. But as for me, when I accepted God, he became the center, and my definition of success became his, and is based on his rules and his ways.
Yahweh and Allah has failed Nigeria. I'm sure even I tell you in detail you will still la la it away.

I don't only mean money. Whatever definition you use for success, people have it without god.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by MrTroll(m): 11:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
plaetton:
Her mom
who created her mom? angry
Re: New Rule For 2014 by texanomaly(f): 12:07am On Dec 28, 2013
okeyxyz:

Obviously, you have no idea whatsoever about this christianity you so readily criticize and ridicule. In your purporting to be smart, you expose your ignorance. Even @logicboy who claims he used to be a christian, now we know he was just pretending to be christian, cos he has no knowledge of it's principles grin grin grin. I give you just one passage, though there are many:

31“Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ 32“For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you(matthew 6:31-33).
I'm not sure that includes private jets, big houses and huge stadium sized chaples, while the people who are supposed to be served starve to death.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mary The New Jerusalem / Hot Prayer Against All Sickness/diseases. / Religious Facts You Dont Know(christ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.