Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,861 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:01 AM

How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help (19372 Views)

How To Lock A Folder On Your Pc Without Using Any Software / How Do I Restore A Hidden Folder On My Flash Drive? / How to Recover My Lost RediffMail.com Password (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by domack99(m): 6:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
Four days ago, i was transfering a folder that contains movies on my External Hard Drive (Transcend 500GB) to a laptop (Window 7) and i notice that the process was taken more than usual, i tried all that i could to abort the procee but the time remaining kept on increasing. I also tried task Manager but that didn't work either, eventually i pull out the USB cable from the laptop and the task ended. I later found out that all the folders on the drive has disappearred leaving only item that were not in any folder.

I have tried Reuva software i downloaded from piratebay but could not recover those folder but was able to recover some old deleted files but not the folders, few folders that were found using the Recuva software were tag UNRECOVERABLE.

Please if anyone has any idea or better recovery application should please help out
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by domack99(m): 6:32am On Dec 28, 2013
Any info please
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
Try to Find it.
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by AK481(m): 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
Try window.....
I dey come

Try disk recovery and backdate it to before u carried out the ops
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by rodeo0070(m): 6:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
Check the show hidden
files / system files box. If that one no work, try this simple method:

Run chkdsk
Go to a cmd prompt type in
chkdsk c: /r
NOTE if the drive is g or whatever
than instead of c: type g:
it will take a while wait it out it will
fix it all. Let me know how it goes...

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by Lachimex(m): 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
Wait o! Na me u wan ask?? Ok wait mak i cum, let me go consult babalowe.
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by Elgaxton(m): 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
Hi, I have the solution full time.

The folders are still in the drive.

Send me a mail : elgaxton at gmail dot com
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by Netz4(f): 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
I have this kinda problem...let someone help
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by Uchwilliam(m): 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
n
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by CYBERCRIME(m): 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
Learn how to buy .com name for free and how to get free 5GB on etisalat,mtn free. Reach mr via:08132328683.............@cyber PURE
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
Recur a is free for starters - so why download it from the pirate Bay?

Get eases data recovery or run times get databack
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by CYBERCRIME(m): 6:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
[color=#000000][/color]

Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by bigv(m): 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
Simply help a brother in need if you've got the solution. Why all the unnecessary comments to the OP.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by lifestyle1(m): 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
The folder could be hidden, try this out first before you use any recovery software.

Click on my computer

Click on Organize

Click on folder and search option

Click on View

Then select show hidden files, folders or drive.

and apply, check if this will help.
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by jaymezzz(m): 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
E no go happen...its like tryin to put a baby back to its mother's womb

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
jaymezzz: E no go happen...its like tryin to put a baby back to its mother's womb

It is possible though (to put a baby back into a mothers womb)
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by AK481(m): 7:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
rodeo0070: Check the show hidden
files / system files box. If that one no work, try this simple method:

Run chkdsk
Go to a cmd prompt type in
chkdsk c: /r
NOTE if the drive is g or whatever
than instead of c: type g:
it will take a while wait it out it will
fix it all. Let me know how it goes...

This is just to repair a disc,this case is a lost file an unexplained delete.
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by seunowokade(m): 7:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
It may be a Virus. Use Smadav Antivirus, its very good for recovering hiden files. Scan your whole Hard disk as external disk on another system with d above mentioned antivirus.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by Yemike(m): 7:15pm On Dec 29, 2013
It's quite simple, we normallyuse a bootable disc called Hiren and a software on it called Recuva with this all deleted and formatted file can be recovered.
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by gaburiel(m): 7:21pm On Dec 29, 2013
Try running command prompt (DOS) on a different laptop, (Press down the Windows key and press R, in the dialog box, type cmd.exe and press enter). When the dos window opens (a black screen with a blinking cursor), type the following command attrib -s -h -r f:/*.* /s /d, replace the f with the letter for your drive, you can check for that through windows explorer and note the alphabet in bracket that represents the drive (e.g. if your drive name is transcend, in windows explorer, it will be displayed with Transcend (H: ), so in this case the H replaces the F, then press enter. What the command does is that it changes the attribute of the files and folders on your hard disk from hidden to visible.

If what am thinking is right, a common virus that hides all folders and files on a disk and replace them with shortcut is what hid the folders, probably couldn't do it to the files because you removed it before it was through, in most cases the virus leaves shortcuts to the files on the drive, that was why I recommended a different system instead of using the same virus infected laptop.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by Greaaat: 7:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
Need help here

www.nairaland.com/1573087/please-friend-
need-gurus-house
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by imsuboi(m): 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
Dude, search for [size=50pt] "iCare Data Recovery" [/size] on that same "pirate bay" or www.kat.ph

It has helped me a lot.

#swear down
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by ask4double(m): 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
So long as ur external hdd can still be detected on a pc u've got no issue, all files, both deleted and existing are still very much intact. U can simply recover these files using a software called "file scavenger". This software is a monster as regards recovering lost files and folders in good and healthy condition.
PLS NOTE: DO NOT TEMPER WITH THE PARTITION OF THE HDD IN QUESTION, ELSE ALL FILES AND FOLDERS WILL BE PERMANENTLY DELETED.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by rashmanovic: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2013
Wrap it in Nylon and put it in a refrigerator for 20minutes!!! It works if d damage is nt dat serious

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by AdekunleSegun(m): 7:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
@op where are you now?
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by alotofgrace(m): 8:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
that's y copy n paste options r on ur menu
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by mykel25(m): 8:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
Install tune up nd use d recover file option
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by TheArbiter: 8:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
Hi.

Try GetDataBack. It has both FAT and NTFS (file system) versions. It can recover files even from formatted drives with its 4 step process. Its disadvantage: it requires time to scan the drive on first use.The bigger the drive the longer it takes.

PM me if you cant get it and i'll see what i can do.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by adadadon(m): 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2013
If ur initial recuva can't recover your files then sorry its gone for life you can try
File scavenger
I care data recovery
Or recover my files
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by dave247(m): 8:40pm On Dec 29, 2013
Put back the xternal drive n Refresh... It might work sometime... I hav done it before.... It a work or no work tin... Wish u well...

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Fix Blue Screen Of Death & System Auto Restart Issue / Anyone Has Product Activation Key For Office 2016 / Problems Of Cyber-cafe Computers (And Solutions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.