Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

She Locks Her Phone - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Locks Her Phone (3947 Views)

Is This Right? Nigerian Mum Locks Her Kids At Home & Goes 2 Work Daily(pics / My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? / Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Locks Her Phone by longthinx: 1:00am On Dec 28, 2013
My
wife puts password on her phone, she claims its because of the kids. I
dont believe, phone has bn our greatest source of conflict. Should i
quarel wit her over it.
Re: She Locks Her Phone by longthinx: 1:04am On Dec 28, 2013
Should i ask for the password. This act makes me uncomfotable. I as a man do not keep my phone frm her or put password. What else can cause this apart from keeping dirty secrets.
Re: She Locks Her Phone by longthinx: 1:06am On Dec 28, 2013
Pls peeps how do i handle this issue maturely.
Re: She Locks Her Phone by belamour(m): 1:16am On Dec 28, 2013
longthinx: Pls peeps how do i handle this issue maturely.
Start by locking your phone also and if she feel comfortable about it then no cause for alarm.

1 Like

Re: She Locks Her Phone by ifex370(m): 1:20am On Dec 28, 2013
gbam... dnt even bother her again... js let her be,since d issue z already bringing some misunderstandin btw u two... js act matured n treat her like a kid... cos,obviously,shez still one
Re: She Locks Her Phone by zaziakoni(f): 1:32am On Dec 28, 2013
ask for d password or lock urs as well
Re: She Locks Her Phone by longthinx: 1:42am On Dec 28, 2013
I dont have any reason (No skeleton) to lock my phone. Nothing is secret or shady in my phone. That is why it bother me, wives are not expected to be too secretive abt phone
Re: She Locks Her Phone by Oluomo6: 3:18am On Dec 28, 2013
She might be hiding something from you undecided . If you really trust her, forget it and move on!
Re: She Locks Her Phone by Nobody: 3:28am On Dec 28, 2013
longthinx: My
quarel wit her over it.

longthinx: Should i ask for the password. This act makes me uncomfotable. I as a man do not keep my phone frm her or put password. What else can cause this apart from keeping dirty secrets.
longthinx: Pls peeps how do i handle this issue maturely.

Are you serious?
Your greatest marital conflicts are over a freaking phone shocked shocked shocked
Eziokwu

Why are you trying to start something where there is nothing
Most kids play with mom's phone not dad's so it is normal for a woman to put a lock to keep children from it
She gave you that explanation and in your mind that couldn't be true
Why are you acting so insecure?
Are you threatened that she may find someone better than you
Please grow up jor
What's next?
Start following and trailing her to know where she's going to
Or calculating the mileage on the car after she returns from the market to make sure she went where she told you
Inspect and Sniff her underwear when she comes home?
You will soon stroke out from bothering yourself over non issues
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: She Locks Her Phone by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 28, 2013
My phone is locked.

Now if there is something like double lock, I will do that.
Almost everything has been deleted.
My baby has called even my enemies, those u never want to call but hv their numbers.
Abeg, I had to lock to avoid such again.

By d way, don't u hv ur own phone?
U can exchange phones .
Give her ur own to use for like 2 weeks and take her own. No locking. Collect ur sim.
After two weeks, collect ur phone back from her. And don't complain when u do so!

If u wanna floricate outside, do but don't bring ur wife into it.
Making mountain out of molehill.
U r yet to c marital wahala. U no go thank God for ur family.
Re: She Locks Her Phone by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 28, 2013
longthinx: Should i ask for the password. This act makes me uncomfotable. I as a man do not keep my phone frm her or put password. What else can cause this apart from keeping dirty secrets.
Bring down urself from that high tower.
I hope this is not how u communicate at home?
Re: She Locks Her Phone by dinachi(m): 6:59am On Dec 28, 2013
It is very simple! OP simply lock your own phone too!
Re: She Locks Her Phone by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 28, 2013
longthinx: , wives are not expected to be too secretive abt phone
Says who?
The marriage constitution?
Re: She Locks Her Phone by olymurphy(f): 7:46am On Dec 28, 2013
She might be saying the truth. I had to start locking my phone when my daughter started playing with my phone . The only solution to this is for her to give you her password cos that what I did. If she refuses then know that something is wrong.
Re: She Locks Her Phone by ITbomb(m): 7:51am On Dec 28, 2013
If you have asked her for the password and she is still adamant then forget it and also password your entire devices even if you have nothing to hide.
The mirror effect often works
Re: She Locks Her Phone by longthinx: 7:52am On Dec 28, 2013
I always find suspicious sms from men on her phone
Re: She Locks Her Phone by ednut1(m): 7:54am On Dec 28, 2013
if she cannot gv u d password. means she chats bad about u nd d marriage to pple. or shes cheatin or about to cheat dats all
Re: She Locks Her Phone by trixandra(f): 8:13am On Dec 28, 2013
This is not even supposed to be a big deal. She locks her phone with password, her reason being the kids right? I agree with her because kids can be pretty destructive. Nothing stops you from asking her kindly for her phone. 'Honey, please can I make use of your phone? She will unlock it and give it to you. If she doesn't' just follow her in a matured manner. An ordinary phone is not even supposed to be a matter of conflict. Where we not surviving before the coming of mobile phones?
Re: She Locks Her Phone by babyme1(f): 8:15am On Dec 28, 2013
Most mothers i know lock their phones because of kids. I lock mind too and my hubby has never bothered to ask for d password.

I think you and your wife have a deeper issue than the phone ish. Go learn how to communicate better with her.

1 Like

Re: She Locks Her Phone by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 28, 2013
Most times posters come out with half stories.
When d heat is on, they will start opening up.
Why didn't u include this latest part in ur previous post when its d core problem?

It seems u guys have issues.
Re: She Locks Her Phone by EfemenaXY: 8:33am On Dec 28, 2013
longthinx: My
quarel wit her over it.

That sounds really mature of you. You sure you're married?

Only a man with filthy thoughts will assume such of his wife, even though she's explicitly told you the reason why.

longthinx: I dont have any reason (No skeleton) to lock my phone. Nothing is secret or shady in my phone. That is why it bother me, wives are not expected to be too secretive abt phone

The heck! What a vein bursting, high BP inducing comment you've just made there.

Pls kindly enlighten us on what wives are 'expected' to be? You think because a woman gets married she loses her individuality? For your information, I lock my phone well-well. There are many reasons why my phone is password set up. Apart from not wanting my kids to access my private stuff, I also have that security measure in place, in the event of theft. I don't need to explain to you that personal data such as bank account details, and other sensitive information are not what you want getting into the hands of strangers. There is a reason why these security measures were inbuilt and you'll only have yourself to blame if you don't make use of them and the worse happens.

I think it's disappointing that a man will stoop so low to accuse his wife of infidelity without any proof simply because she chooses to activate the password security tool on her phone.

smh!
Re: She Locks Her Phone by onegig(m): 8:37am On Dec 28, 2013
Why are all the ladies being one sided?

She locks her phone and doesn't give out the pin and you say he is making a molehill out of nothing. What is wrong with her giving out the password? why must a phone be the cause of their problems?

Why isnt she sensitive to her hubby's fears? Simply give him the password and put his mind at rest.

I may not give out my phone naturally not because i have something to hide but when its causing disagreements why wont you just show him the contents and let things rest?

Is it that hard?

6 Likes

Re: She Locks Her Phone by EfemenaXY: 8:43am On Dec 28, 2013
onegig: Why are all the ladies being one sided?

She locks her phone and doesn't give out the pin and you say he is making a molehill out of nothing. What is wrong with her giving out the password? why must a phone be the cause of their problems?

Why isnt she sensitive to her hubby's fears? Simply give him the password and put his mind at rest.

I may not give out my phone naturally not because i have something to hide but when its causing disagreements why wont you just show him the contents and let things rest?

Is it that hard?

It's hard because it shows lack of trust - a basic foundational ingredient for successful marriages!

What makes you think giving him her password so he hungrily thumbs through the contents of her phone like his life depends on it, will stop his insecurities? If anything, that'll feed them even more.

First phone, then what next? Email account? Facebook / twitter access? Opening up every single one of her mails that come through the post? Bugging her phone and listening in on all her conversations? Hiring a private eye / detective to follow her movements and record everything she does on video?

Where does it end, if ever? The guy's got serious problems and he needs to sort them out first.

1 Like

Re: She Locks Her Phone by onegig(m): 9:00am On Dec 28, 2013
Efemena_xy:

It's hard because it shows lack of trust - a basic foundational ingredient for successful marriages!

What makes you think giving him her password so he hungrily thumbs through the contents of her phone like his life depends on it, will stop his insecurities. If anything, that'll feed it even more.

First phone, then what next? Email account? Facebook / twitter access? Opening up her mails that come through the post? Bugging her phone and listening in on all her conversations?

Where does it end, if ever? The guy's got serious problems and he needs to sort them out first.

He never accused her of infidelity. Let us be realistic here. You have a spouse who locks his phone always and any enquiry about such is always met with fights and disagreemenets. What would you conclude?
You can conclude from her body language and actions that the excuse of locking the phone because of the kids is a facade.

Am not advocating he starts scrolling through her mails and stuff but i believe in open relationships. What is so hidden and precious that someone she calls her husband cant see that is holed up in the phone.

Also, trust is earned not given.
Re: She Locks Her Phone by ITbomb(m): 9:02am On Dec 28, 2013
Efemena_xy:

What makes you think giving him her password so he hungrily thumbs through the contents of her phone like his life depends on it, will stop his insecurities? If anything, that'll feed them even more.

First phone, then what next? Email account? Facebook / twitter access? Opening up every single one of her mails that come through the post? Bugging her phone and listening in on all her conversations? Hiring a private eye / detective to follow her movements and record everything she does on video?

I doubt your logic. From my summation here, the man only got interested when he noticed the locked fone.
I too got apprehensive when I noticed that my gf had a password on her fone, we talked about it and she said it was because of her siblings and she gave me the password, since then I have not even bother checking the fone and my mind has been on rest.
Trust and openness is a vital component of marriage Sir
Re: She Locks Her Phone by EfemenaXY: 9:09am On Dec 28, 2013
ITbomb:
I doubt your logic. From my summation here, the man only got interested when he noticed the locked fone.
I too got apprehensive when I noticed that my gf had a password on her fone, we talked about it and she said it was because of her siblings and she gave me the password, since then I have not even bother checking the fone and my mind has been on rest.
Trust and openness is a vital component of marriage Sir

You doubt my logic, yet you concede that trust is a vital ingredient in a marriage? Aren't you contradicting yourself here?

A partner / spouse who wants to play the fiddle will do so, irrespective of whether you check their phone or not, or monitor their activities. They'll simply get smarter at covering their tracks.
Re: She Locks Her Phone by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 28, 2013
[b]...This phone issue isn't the genesis of your distrust in your wife. Its as a result of the seeds you had sown in your earlier posts...U better show your wife all these posts so she can lock you out of the house!!!

1. You saw this girl in your neighbourhood and you toasted her on dec 19, a few days before Xmas.
longthinx: Pls
advice me. i found this babe in my new location, she is new too.
Toasted her, she claims she cant visit(abt 20+yrs) and not free. She's
asking for xmax gift. What do i do.
U are a married man. And u have the guts to post here that ur wife is locking her phone. Pls forumites check this link
www.nairaland.com/1561104/what-wit

2. Will you deny you have never beat your wife before? You posted this on dec 21.
longthinx: I was hard on her initialy cos my expectation from my wife was high. During that period i beat her.
Forumites pls go thru this link meticulously.
www.nairaland.com/1563730/she-love-me-again

Man grow up. Half truth isn't acceptable; Are u sure you are living up to your responsibilities? I rest my case for now. By the way, I don't know you from Adam.

Wives absorb a lot of stress and become rebellious when things get unbearable. I tire for you honestly. gringringrin...
[/b]

4 Likes

Re: She Locks Her Phone by onegig(m): 9:19am On Dec 28, 2013
Efemena_xy:

You doubt my logic, yet you concede that trust is a vital ingredient in a marriage? Aren't you contradicting yourself here?

A partner / spouse who wants to play the fiddle will do so, irrespective of whether you check their phone or not, or monitor their activities. They'll simply get smarter at covering their tracks.

You are jumping the ball. He has not accused her of infidelity he is just wondering why she would lock her phone.

Lets forget about she covering her tracks or not. We are here and talking about the phone. When we get to the point of monitoring her activities we would cross that bridge. As of now, the question is why cant she reciprocate the gesture of her husband who leaves his phone open?

If it is because of the kids she passworded it, why can't he have the password? What is so special about her phone? What is the secret in there?

Efemena...........please we just want to know why?
Re: She Locks Her Phone by EfemenaXY: 9:21am On Dec 28, 2013
onegig:

He never accused her of infidelity.

Also, trust is earned not given.

No?

And what do you think was driving force that promoted this statement of his?

longthinx: I always find suspicious sms from men on her phone

You think a man who "trusts" his wife will utter such a statement??

They say an idle mind is the devil's workshop.

@OP: no offence intended but are you gainfully employed? Do you have a job or do you have excess spare time on your hands?
Re: She Locks Her Phone by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 28, 2013
@ Efemena.

^^^^^****Pls go through my earlier post*** with evidence. I dont think its the wife's fault. Longthinx has a lot of *** up his sleeves*** cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ever Gotten Employed As A Pregnant Woman? / 11 Reasons Men Leave Their Marriages / Why Are People So Rude On NL?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.