Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,804 members, 7,802,569 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? (3163 Views)

Wike Sacks Ndubuisi Nwankwo For Defecting To APC / Akala Meets With Tinubu & Wife After Defecting To APC (Photo) / Pondering Why People With No Conscience Are Defecting! Check Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by Turbocharged: 7:05am On Dec 28, 2013
In the recent past, we have seen some PDP governors, members of the house of representatives and other members of the party cross-carpeting. Let us discuss here some of our perceived reasons for these.

Plz. don't be partisan, just intelligent comments and observations.
Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 28, 2013
A
Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 28, 2013
Its simple,the northern leaders don't want GEJ to contest for the second term and other's like ameachi feels he's too weak and meek to rule effectively,his aides and cabinet feeds him with whatever idea.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by BrokenTV: 10:02am On Dec 28, 2013
the truth is that Islam don't want a Christian to lead this country that's why they have been fighting him with their APC they APC are. not fighting him because he is not a good leader they are fighting him because of there Islamic agenda.

10 Likes

Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by joyceok: 10:52am On Dec 28, 2013
Broken TV: the truth is that Islam don't want a Christian to lead this country that's why they have been fighting him with their APC they APC are. not fighting him because he is not a good leader they are fighting him because of there Islamic agenda.
Correct all the apc govs in southwest are muslims except Edo state,all the commissioners,reps and govt officials ing lagos have 90% as moslems

8 Likes

Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 28, 2013
This is what kwankwaso said today...."‘PDP no longer umbrella for everybody, now hat for one man"...

Jonathan isn't jst a smart politician. In as much as I dnt support his administration, the smartest way to acheive his aim would have being to play nice all along with all of them, disguise his ambitions as much as possible, and unleash his tactics at the last stage".

"Bring ur friends close, and ur enemies closer"-tsan su, the arts of war
Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by tfk08: 11:46am On Dec 28, 2013
[quote author=joyceok]
Correct all the apc govs in southwest are muslims except Edo state,all the commissioners,reps and govt officials ing lagos have 90% as moslems[/quote

U'r sick in ur brain. Av u 4gotten dat kayode Fayemi(ekiti) n amosu(ogun) r xtians. Religion Biggot
Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 28, 2013
Unbelievable!!!! What kind of minds do u guys own? The OP was aware of on coming comments like this, hence he clearly stated in bolds, NO partisan comments please, only intelligent comments..you folks have clearly fallen bellow the required intelligence to partake in this discussion

Broken TV: the truth is that Islam don't want a Christian to lead this country that's why they have been fighting him with their APC they APC are. not fighting him because he is not a good leader they are fighting him because of there Islamic agenda.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by solomon111(m): 11:54am On Dec 28, 2013
A.jeez:
This is what kwankwaso said today...."‘PDP no longer umbrella for everybody, now hat for one man"...

Jonathan isn't jst a smart politician. In as much as I dnt support his administration, the smartest way to acheive his aim would have being to play nice all along with all of them, disguise his ambitions as much as possible, and unleash his tactics at the last stage".

"Bring ur friends close, and ur enemies closer"-tsan su, the arts of war
Yes,keep looking for 'smart' politicians like the IBBs ,OBJs and the thiefnubus and not sincere individuals like GEJ that would stand for their beliefs at their own detriments instead of compromising.
The same 'smart' politicians that have smartly under-developed our country.
The fact that GEJ is not like the regular mischevious and cynical,diabolically calculative Nigerian politician is enough reason for any sensible person to support him.

12 Likes

Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
solomon111: Yes,keep looking for 'smart' politicians like the IBBs ,OBJs and the thiefnubus and not sincere individuals like GEJ that would stand for their beliefs at their own detriments instead of compromising.
The same 'smart' politicians that have smartly under-developed our country.
The fact that GEJ is not like the regular mischevious and cynical,diabolically calculative Nigerian politician is enough reason for any sensible person to support him.

Dude..I dnt wanna derail this topic. I coulda given u one hundred and one reasons y GEJ isn't a good president. For one, the first and utmost responsibilty of a president is by all means, the security, defence and protection of lives and property of his entity, home and abroad, all other acheivments, infrastructure, education or whatever are secondary, and we all know jonathan has failed completely on his first responsibility.

Anyway, jst to remind you, the OP simply asked my intelligent opinion on why the defection from PDP, and I made my point
Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by solomon111(m): 1:13pm On Dec 28, 2013
A.jeez:

Dude..I dnt wanna derail this topic. I coulda given u one hundred and one reasons y GEJ isn't a good president. For one, the first and utmost responsibilty of a president is by all means, the security, defence and protection of lives and property of his entity, home and abroad, all other acheivments, infrastructure, education or whatever are secondary, and we all know jonathan has failed completely on his first responsibility.

Anyway, jst to remind you, the OP simply asked my intelligent opinion on why the defection from PDP, and I made my point
I want you to tell me what GEJ should have done about the security issues that he has not done,given the dynamics and the pecuilarism of the terrorist attacks in Nigeria.
It's not just enough to critize anyhow.

5 Likes

Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by SuperSuave(m): 1:27pm On Dec 28, 2013
Wetin consine me with pdp? Make I juz comment cos of fp jare
Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by IbokUtoroh(m): 1:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
@A.jeez pls can u tell us the approach the president shud use in the bokoharam issue? just put urself in thr n tell us the tactics u would ve employed against them. please try any be precise, thnx

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
No..am not gonna tell. Open a thread for that, and I'll tell u exactly what I would have done, if I were the president. But let me point out to you that securing, defending and protecting the entity called nageria, doesn't start and end with boko haram, although they are the major crux ryt nw..it also involves tackln all other vicses against the people he gorverns, from the boko haram, incissent kidnapping, day by day continous raping of minors, to the ill treatments/ brutal murder of Nigerian citizens abroad

And as for the boko haram issue, let me give u a bite. Now, if u could recall, during the time when
the news went about shekau's death, and when journalist asked the chief security officer of the nation, to confirm if actually shekau was has been killed or not? His response was that he doesn't know if shekau is dead or not because he has never seen him, and the journalist should be in a better position to tell if shekau was dea
d or still alive" that alone, in a sensible state, should have warranted the immediate resignation of the president, because he has bluntly and clearly shown that in all ramifications, he doesn't even know his utmost responsibilty as a president.
I remember a ghanian proffesor once lebelled GEJ as a joke..the above incident clearly justifies the proffesors statement

IbokUtoroh: @A.jeez pls can u tell us the approach the president shud use in the bokoharam issue? just put urself in thr n tell us the tactics u would ve employed against them. please try any be precise, thnx
Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by ratiken(m): 1:51pm On Dec 28, 2013
@A.jeez, Despite the grand plan by the evil politicians to destabilize the polity under GEJ using boko haram, He has diplomatically foiled all their plans. I want you to tell me what else he should have done realistically without building castles in the air.

To the question, they are defecting because its not business as usual. The money that normally goes to their pockets are now channelled to infrastructure and gainful ventures. Its no more business as usual so they want to unseat him by all means. Nigerians are nor fools anymore. This administration is the closest to good governance we have ever witnessed as a nation.

For all the previous criminals in power ranging from OBJ IBB TINUBU ATIKU etc to gather to work against means he is doing something right outside their normal looting spree.

If we ever let them succeed, then the next two generations including ours are doomed.

5 Likes

Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by kenny091(m): 1:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
If u want a.jeezs opinion den vote him as president. If u cant tackle opposition 2 ur goverment,u r nt fit 2 rule. D only battles jona can fyt is inciting 5 lawmakers against dier governor.
Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by UyiIredia(m): 2:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
I am an outsider like many Nigerians to the political process. But then the public has attimes witnessed scandals (such as the fairly recent one in the PDP party with Bamanga Tukur as a prominent actor) which give insight into the system. That said, I agree with PDP stalwarts in Nairaland on two things. One, APC is no different from PDP (at best they are slightly better) moreso since a good number of their members were players in PDP. Two, they don't have a wide grassroots political structure as PDP. In fact, inasmuch APC especially as AC has years of growing dominance in the NASS, they haven't distinguished themselves except in 3 notable cases of state governance in Lagos, Edo and Osun. And while that has gotten them support in the South-West, it really won't translate to good federal governance where the gameplay changes. Bottomline is: while APC has done well in some states, their growing romance with PDP stalwarts doesn't augur well for a party that claims to be progressive.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by cyril10(m): 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
Selfish interest nothing more, Nigerian politicians are only interested in remaining relevant in the running of the affairs of the country.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
Dude..I'll advise you go back, and find your old primary school notes. When you teachers were out lining the qualities of a good leader.

Secondly, you asking me what else he should have done? And even using the phrase building castle in the air? You folks are un imaginably funny and blinded with sentiments. For one, tackling terrorism isn't jst abt brute force, declaring state of emmergency on nation wide t.v with a pretence of strong face, bla bla bla..what happened to the use of intelligence, infiltration of the enemies camp, know how they operate, identify who they are, prempt their next move and counter attacking them?
"Infiltrate the enemy, and attack when he least expected"- tsan su- arts of war..nw this is exactly how america opperates, and that's how they got bin laden.

rati ken: @A.jeez, Despite the grand plan by the evil politicians to destabilize the polity under GEJ using boko haram, He has diplomatically foiled all their plans. I want you to tell me what else he should have done realistically without building castles in the air.

To the question, they are defecting because its not business as usual. The money that normally goes to their pockets are now channelled to infrastructure and gainful ventures. Its no more business as usual so they want to unseat him by all means. Nigerians are nor fools anymore. This administration is the closest to good governance we have ever witnessed as a nation.

For all the previous criminals in power ranging from OBJ IBB TINUBU ATIKU etc to gather to work against means he is doing something right outside their normal looting spree.

If we ever let them succeed, then the next two generations including ours are doomed.
Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by BrokenTV: 2:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
A.jeez:
No..am not gonna tell. Open a thread for that, and I'll tell u exactly what I would have done, if I were the president. But let me point out to you that securing, defending and protecting the entity called nageria, doesn't start and end with boko haram, although they are the major crux ryt nw..it also involves tackln all other vicses against the people he gorverns, from the boko haram, incissent kidnapping, day by day continous raping of minors, to the ill treatments/ brutal murder of Nigerian citizens abroad

And as for the boko haram issue, let me give u a bite. Now, if u could recall, during the time when
the news went about shekau's death, and when journalist asked the chief security officer of the nation, to confirm if actually shekau was has been killed or not? His response was that he doesn't know if shekau is dead or not because he has never seen him, and the journalist should be in a better position to tell if shekau was dea
d or still alive" that alone, in a sensible state, should have warranted the immediate resignation of the president, because he has bluntly and clearly shown that in all ramifications, he doesn't even know his utmost responsibilty as a president.
I remember a ghanian proffesor once lebelled GEJ as a joke..the above incident clearly justifies the proffesors statement

what is this one saying
Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 28, 2013
OshiOmoOle
Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 28, 2013
Broken TV:
what is this one saying

Lols..your name says it all."Broken T.v". Didn't expect you to understand
Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 28, 2013
Uyi Iredia: In fact, inasmuch APC especially as AC has years of growing dominance in the NASS, they haven't distinguished themselves except in 3 notable cases of state governance in Lagos, Edo and Osun. .

Uyi, you are one of the few Edo state indigenes who still thinks OshiOmoOle is a performer. Please place a call to 10 people resident in the state for a survey. That bubble busted a while ago only remains outside Edo state. As for Osun state where the next election will be much more competitive than most are expecting, the jury is still out on Ogbeni.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by hercules07: 2:30pm On Dec 28, 2013
jerseyboy:

Uzi, you are one of the few Edo state indigenes who still thinks OshiOmoOle is a performer. Please place a call to 10 people resident in the state for a survey. That bubble busted a while ago only remains outside Edo state. As for Osun state where the next election will be much more competitive than most are expecting, the jury is still out on Ogbeni.

They have outperformed the government they replaced in all of the states (Ekiti I do not know much about).
Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by DahomeyAmazon(f): 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2013
Igbos, everything is religious, Muslim vs xtian, Catholics 's vs Anglican. Whiteman' s slave.
Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by agbameta: 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2013
Laziness

Cluelessness

Incompetence and unfit for the office

Uninspiring

Corruption

Bigotry

Tribalism

Destructive and destabilizing agent in Rivers

The list goes on>>>>>
Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
hercules07:

They have outperformed the government they replaced in all of the states (Ekiti I do not know much about).
True but that standard is too low.
Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by ratiken(m): 2:46pm On Dec 28, 2013
A.jeez:
Dude..I'll advise you go back, and find your old primary school notes. When you teachers were out lining the qualities of a good leader.

Secondly, you asking me what else he should have done? And even using the phrase building castle in the air? You folks are un imaginably funny and blinded with sentiments. For one, tackling terrorism isn't jst abt brute force, declaring state of emmergency on nation wide t.v with a pretence of strong face, bla bla bla..what happened to the use of intelligence, infiltration of the enemies camp, know how they operate, identify who they are, prempt their next move and counter attacking them?
"Infiltrate the enemy, and attack when he least expected"- tsan su- arts of war..nw this is exactly how america opperates, and that's how they got bin laden.

I promised myself I'll never call names on this form and will stick to that for now.

All your suggestions are not new, they've been immensely used by the Military in this fight against Boko Haram. The only reason why Boko Haram is an issue is because these same guys sponsoring these terrorists who were working behind the scenes (though they have currenly unmasked themselves to an open fight and defection) have sworn to make the terror remain. These they have achieved through infiltration of the military and JTF as well as peddling classified info. Do not quote the US in this case, they are united against terrorists, in our case they enjoy significant sympathy by a section of the country.

NB: we can all pass our messages across without calling names. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by Kachi188(m): 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2013
The reason for the defection is simple- an unbridled lust for power to control the workings of PDP to suit their desire. When they failed to achieve this through blackmail, intimidation and threats, they had no other option but to decamp to APC. Throughout their G7 agitation, I strained my ear to hear cogent reasons for demanding the removal of a properly elected national chairman, and I found none.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by DahomeyAmazon(f): 3:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
Kachi188: The reason for the defection is simple- an unbridled lust for power to control the workings of PDP to suit their desire. When they failed to achieve this through blackmail, intimidation and threats, they had no other option but to decamp to APC. Throughout their G7 agitation, I strained my ear to hear cogent reasons for demanding the removal of a properly elected national chairman, and I found none.
Whine brother whine
Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by BrokenTV: 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2013
Dahomey Amazon:
Igbos, everything is religious, Muslim vs xtian, Catholics 's vs Anglican. Whiteman' s slave.

you know from the bottom of your heart that I am saying the truth
Re: The Real Reason PDP Members Are Defecting? by BrokenTV: 3:27pm On Dec 28, 2013
A.jeez:

Lols..your name says it all."Broken T.v". Didn't expect you to understand
sour grape that is because you did not make any sense in what you said

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scaling Of National Assembly Gate Our Lawmakers’ ‘finest Hour’ – Soyinka / Federal Government Not Paying Full Salary To Staff In February / Funny Photo Of Semi-literate People Who Ruled Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.