Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Need advice on Toyota Camry 2008 At 70,000km to purchase - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Need advice on Toyota Camry 2008 At 70,000km to purchase (2336 Views)

Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 / Pic Fake Timing Belt@ 6months 10,000km / Advice Needed On Toyota Sienna Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need advice on Toyota Camry 2008 At 70,000km to purchase by uchedydy: 9:54am On Dec 28, 2013
Hello House, I need advice on a car. I have been shoping for a car and dnt wanna make a mistake, i saw a car ,nigerian used camry 2008 at 70,000 km milleage for 2m, tho the seller said its negotiable. But my challenge is abt the milleage and the soundness of the car, is the milleage to big for me to buy the car, and hw much wud one suggest i offer seller.......plz am open to great advice...plz help me get a good car.
Re: Need advice on Toyota Camry 2008 At 70,000km to purchase by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 28, 2013
The mileage of that car is just okay when you consider its a 5year old car and an average of 12000miles is driven a year. 5x12,000 =60,000miles.

But now yours is 70,000 which isn't too high and I feel its odometer has not been tampered with. What you have to check are the previous history, service history, drivin habit, and performance of various components such as brakes performance, engine performance, stress and load (on AC and off AC, is the "check engine" light showing or not), transmission efficiency and effectiveness (how smooth the gear changes),
Check how frequently he changes engine oil and ATF, the type of oil he uses in replacement, smoothness of the steering and its degree of free play, check all hinges for corresponding VIN placad/sticker/stamps etc.
If you are satisfied, strike a good bargain and purchase...
Good luck
Re: Need advice on Toyota Camry 2008 At 70,000km to purchase by uchedydy: 11:32am On Dec 28, 2013
Tnx man, I appreciate hw abt the price of it.
Re: Need advice on Toyota Camry 2008 At 70,000km to purchase by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 28, 2013
uchedydy: Tnx man, I appreciate hw abt the price of it.
Its left for you to do a little research first or bargain the price down.

NB: if a car have a good resale value, and it is in high demand, has been maintained very well (is in great condition) that car will have a high price tag
Re: Need advice on Toyota Camry 2008 At 70,000km to purchase by abatically(m): 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
If the mileage is indeed 70,000km, then that is about 43,000 miles and very good for a 5 year old car. You can go with a mechanic though to see if the car is in top notch condition, if there's a check engine light on then go with a portable obd2 scanner to know what to be fixed. Otherwise its very good. The price is on a high side though since its Nigerian used, 1.8m should be enough especially if fg are placing a hold on the import tariff. Also it would be good to ask the owner the at used, if its not the recommended one then flush and replace with the recommended one . good luck.
Re: Need advice on Toyota Camry 2008 At 70,000km to purchase by uchedydy: 5:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
Cant tnk u enof for ur efforts and concerns, i have gone to see the car, the interior is ok,so is the exterior, agian is xle,full option,lether seat, i ddnt go with a mechanic tho,bt wd do that tomoro, the seller says its 1.9 last ,bt i told him mine is 1.8 last, bt pending wen the mechanic checks it, sure he will be willing for us to share the outstanding 100k ,i.e 50-50. That is 1.850. is the bargain okay, pkz tell me. Again the car has been registwrd, if i pay how do i do a change of ownership ,hw is dt done, i wud apprwciate some more infomation .
Re: Need advice on Toyota Camry 2008 At 70,000km to purchase by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2013
uchedydy: Cant tnk u enof for ur efforts and concerns, i have gone to see the car, the interior is ok,so is the exterior, agian is xle,full option,lether seat, i ddnt go with a mechanic tho,bt wd do that tomoro, the seller says its 1.9 last ,bt i told him mine is 1.8 last, bt pending wen the mechanic checks it, sure he will be willing for us to share the outstanding 100k ,i.e 50-50. That is 1.850. is the bargain okay, pkz tell me. Again the car has been registwrd, if i pay how do i do a change of ownership ,hw is dt done, i wud apprwciate some more infomation .

Well, when 1.850 is good bargain, you should check it with your mechanic (hope your mechanic is good) also check if the CHECK ENGINE light is on in the dashboard.
Not too long ago, I sold my infiniti and I effected it with a lawyer, the buyer, his witness, the lawyer, i and my witness signed the agreement. I also handed all the original document/particulars of the car to the new owner but I kept dublicate copies.
I decided to sell the car off with the number plate, but some people will detach their number plates.

Hope my little explanation helped?
Re: Need advice on Toyota Camry 2008 At 70,000km to purchase by uchedydy: 6:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
Tnx a lot, whose responsibility is it to get the lawyer and foot the bills? The seller or me? And hw Much do lawyers take for such agreement...u have been so helpfull.
Re: Need advice on Toyota Camry 2008 At 70,000km to purchase by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
uchedydy: Tnx a lot, whose responsibility is it to get the lawyer and foot the bills? The seller or me? And hw Much do lawyers take for such agreement...u have been so helpfull.
It was the buyers responsibility in my case
Re: Need advice on Toyota Camry 2008 At 70,000km to purchase by uchedydy: 9:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
lomomike:
It was the buyers responsibility in my case
tnx a whole lot,u have been so so helpfull
Re: Need advice on Toyota Camry 2008 At 70,000km to purchase by sultaan(m): 9:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
OP's mind is already made ul on buying without stating why the seller wants to sell. If you likely and vin comes out clean buy it

1 Like

Re: Need advice on Toyota Camry 2008 At 70,000km to purchase by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 02, 2014
@op it is obvious you don't much about cars cos you never mentioned checking the Vin which I think is the most important factor to consider to be sure you're not buying a flooded or accident which might be the reason why the seller wants to sell the car.

You didn't mention the size of the engine also and 1.850 for a naija used is on the high side check the auto section some are going for 1.5 to 1.6 clean as well.

Checking the vin will also help you confirm if that is the actual mileage.

With the FG import tariffs and what not you need a good car to last Years don't rush get the vin checked and beat down the price.

My 2 cents
Re: Need advice on Toyota Camry 2008 At 70,000km to purchase by ExpressBooking(m): 7:00pm On Jan 02, 2014
uchedydy: Cant tnk u enof for ur efforts and concerns, i have gone to see the car, the interior is ok,so is the exterior, agian is xle,full option,lether seat, i ddnt go with a mechanic tho,bt wd do that tomoro, the seller says its 1.9 last ,bt i told him mine is 1.8 last, bt pending wen the mechanic checks it, sure he will be willing for us to share the outstanding 100k ,i.e 50-50. That is 1.850. is the bargain okay, pkz tell me. Again the car has been registwrd, if i pay how do i do a change of ownership ,hw is dt done, i wud apprwciate some more infomation .

Please a lawyer cannot effect change of ownership of a car. I think you should go to Motor licensing office or Central Motor Registry to effect the changes in Names and address of owners. This will result in the issuance of a Change of Ownership document (Usually a GMR document), a corresponding mandatory renewal of Vehicle license, proof of ownership and insurance titles only. Every other vehicle documents remains valid once there is a binding purchase agreement between you and the previous owner as well as Authority to change ownership.
Re: Need advice on Toyota Camry 2008 At 70,000km to purchase by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 02, 2014
If you're out have N1.85 to buy the car, I can't understand why you can't add another 300k to get a tokumbo which will serve you better. Nigerians sell their car due to one fault or the other and may never tell the buyer.
Re: Need advice on Toyota Camry 2008 At 70,000km to purchase by Exponental(m): 11:28am On Jan 03, 2014
chibabe3: Nigerians sell their cars due to one fault or the other and may never tell the buyer.
this is not true.
Though she made a point on going for a fresh deal but I will advice u beat down d price if truely difference is about 300k.
Re: Need advice on Toyota Camry 2008 At 70,000km to purchase by chucky234(m): 4:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
A registered 2008 camry at N1.850m is certainly on the high side as tokunbo goes for N2m - N2.5m depending on your negotiation power.
You should have priced the car for N1.5m if the car is well maintained, a friend of mine recently bought a 2007 toyota Avalon in Festac from the owner for N1.5m and the car is still in mint condition. He has driven it for a month and yet to fix anything as everything works just fine, use another person to help you negotiate the price down.
Good luck bro.

1 Like

Re: Need advice on Toyota Camry 2008 At 70,000km to purchase by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2014
chucky234: A registered 2008 camry at N1.850m is certainly on the high side as tokunbo goes for N2m - N2.5m depending on your negotiation power.
You should have priced the car for N1.5m if the car is well maintained, a friend of mine recently bought a 2007 toyota Avalon in Festac from the owner for N1.5m and the car is still in mint condition. He has driven it for a month and yet to fix anything as everything works just fine, use another person to help you negotiate the price down.
Good luck bro.
Okay, lets accept that the ride is actually on the expensive side unless it is less than 3 months used. all the best

https://www.nairaland.com/1585916/superclean-07-camry-ce-muscle

You can try the link above and I am sure you can get it for N2m
Re: Need advice on Toyota Camry 2008 At 70,000km to purchase by anyijoe: 12:32am On Oct 10, 2015
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Ten Cars You Can Buy From Nigeria For Less Than Ngn1million / 4LO Sign On Lexus Lx460 / How Much Does A 2018 Toyota Hilux Cost? (SOLD!!!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.