Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. (18821 Views)

Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Okays Military Checkpoint In 'frontline States' / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by HotPotato(m): 10:01am On Dec 28, 2013
Dear Nairalanders,

We've been held up for some minutes now, in a military checkpoint, reason being that a soldier confiscated the phone of a co-passenger cos she was answering a call.
Pls when did it become an offence for someone to answer a call at a military checkpoint?

1 Like

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 28, 2013
That's stupid... All these JJC soldiers sef... D work still dey shack them...

6 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Jakumo(m): 10:11am On Dec 28, 2013
My suggestion is that you disembark and deliver a resounding slap to the cheek of that cheeky soldier, but don't forget to ask him this question first - " Do you know who you are talking to ?"

Let me know how this procedure goes there. Thank you.

26 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by nku5: 10:14am On Dec 28, 2013
OP- abeg be as diplomatic as possible o. I almost got shot by soldiers in zaria because I was making a call and walking towards them. They have their orders o!

Be advised

2 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by MagicBishop: 10:26am On Dec 28, 2013
Because most of the IEDs deployed against them in the past were triggered remotely by cell phones.

In Maiduguri, when ever the JTF convoy were hit by a roadside bomb the soldiers will immediately fire sporadically and indiscriminately into the surrounding crowd. Their reasoning was that the ambush was carried out from the crowd.

Whenever you are at a check point switch off your phone , turn down the volume of your radio and on your cabin light (if dark) and most of all be polite to them.

These guys no get head at all!

68 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by donphilopus: 10:31am On Dec 28, 2013
Make U dey silent ur phone, whenever you're in a Military checkpoint, and they won't have problem with you!

2 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by cannonnier(m): 10:31am On Dec 28, 2013
Magic Bishop: Because most of the IEDs deployed against them in the past were triggered remotely by cell phones.

In Maiduguri, when ever the JTF convoy were hit by a roadside bomb the soldiers will immediately fire sporadically and indiscriminately into the surrounding crowd. Their reasoning was that the ambush was carried out from the crowd.

Whenever you are at a check point switch off your phone , turn down the volume of your radio and on your cabin light (if dark) and most of all be polite to them.

he's said it all

4 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Coolboi05(m): 10:37am On Dec 28, 2013
So u neva knw b4??
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by kokoA(m): 10:38am On Dec 28, 2013
One secret of pulling through these guys is hailing.. Once you are stopped, always start your conversation with these magic words "officer weldon o.. Kai! Dis una work no easy o". It's always working for me sha o. I'd end up spending few minutes gisting and laughing with them and dats all grin. When dey ask for "kola" I'd always form "student" for dem.. Lol. They'd be like "oya oya carry your papa motor dey go jare.. Yeye" grin

68 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Dondave11: 10:53am On Dec 28, 2013
Coolboi05: So u neva knw b4??
Abeg help me ask am..
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by nanizle(m): 10:53am On Dec 28, 2013
One secret of pulling through these guys is hailing.. Once you are stopped, always start your conversation with these magic words "officer weldon o.. Kai! Dis una work no easy o". It's always working for me sha o. I'd end up spending few minutes gisting and laughing with them and dats all grin. When dey ask for "kola" I'd always form "student" for dem.. Lol. They'd be like "oya oya carry your papa motor dey go jare.. Yeye" grin

datz all

Those guys no send your s4 or iphone5s

4 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by aieromon(m): 10:55am On Dec 28, 2013
Hot Potato: Dear Nairalanders,

We've been held up for some minutes now, in a military checkpoint, reason being that a soldier confiscated the phone of a co-passenger cos she was answering a call.
Pls when did it become an offence for someone to answer a call at a military checkpoint?

Be careful before yours is confiscated as well.

4 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by lafuria1(m): 10:55am On Dec 28, 2013
I was surprised too. In my case, i had my ear phones on my ear and the small soldier boy asked me to remove it, I quickly obeyed. Who want trouble before you hear one accidental discharge towards you.
To be on a safe side I put my phone on silent through out the journey.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by lonelydora: 10:56am On Dec 28, 2013
Just obey the checkpoint rules whether it is lawful or not. U should try and beg the soldiers that u were ignorant of the rule, that u won't try it again. They have human sympathy more than the police.

Meanwhile where is 13volts??

2 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by kolomax(m): 10:56am On Dec 28, 2013
kokoA: One secret of pulling through these guys is hailing.. Once you are stopped, always start your conversation with these magic words "officer weldon o.. Kai! Dis una work no easy o". It's always working for me sha o. I'd end up spending few minutes gisting and laughing with them and dats all grin. When dey ask for "kola" I'd always form "student" for dem.. Lol. They'd be like "oya oya carry your papa motor dey go jare.. Yeye" grin
grin
kokoA: One secret of pulling through these guys is hailing.. Once you are stopped, always start your conversation with these magic words "officer weldon o.. Kai! Dis una work no easy o". It's always working for me sha o. I'd end up spending few minutes gisting and laughing with them and dats all grin. When dey ask for "kola" I'd always form "student" for dem.. Lol. They'd be like "oya oya carry your papa motor dey go jare.. Yeye" grin
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Ramcie(f): 10:57am On Dec 28, 2013
Jakumo: My suggestion is that you disembark and deliver a resounding slap to the cheek of that cheeky soldier, but don't forget to ask him this question first - " Do you know who you are talking to ?"

Let me know how this procedure goes there. Thank you.

gringringringrin Guy ur wickedness no get duplicate. u wan make dem kill OP

2 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by habex050: 10:57am On Dec 28, 2013
na so now.....
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by VeeVeeDee: 10:58am On Dec 28, 2013
shocked
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by OCTAVO: 10:59am On Dec 28, 2013
Booked wink
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by F22RAPTOR(m): 11:00am On Dec 28, 2013
@op..the deed has been done. y'all should beg and make sure the culprit ( the call girl) is in front. because I know she could be the type dat will want to claim innocence and will see no reason for that. do this if u value your time...
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Davo93(m): 11:00am On Dec 28, 2013
Which state OP? Somehow funny tho
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Andyblaze: 11:00am On Dec 28, 2013
if u ask me, na who I go ask angry angry

1 Like

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Lordseyad(m): 11:01am On Dec 28, 2013
!

~MILITARY ZONE~
BEWARE cos I was here..

1 Like

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by OCTAVO: 11:01am On Dec 28, 2013
Hot Potato: Dear Nairalanders,

E don tey small sha

1 Like

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Summersland(m): 11:02am On Dec 28, 2013
cheesy :DMay b is their new rules 2 deal with civilian,dnt disobey them on check point ooo unelse u'll chop koboko cheesy
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by OCTAVO: 11:03am On Dec 28, 2013
Summersland: cheesy :DMay b is their new rules 2 deal with civilian,dnt disobey them on check point ooo unelse u'll chop koboko cheesy
And do frog jump grin
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 28, 2013
Caveat emptor
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Okijajuju1(m): 11:06am On Dec 28, 2013
Magic Bishop: Because most of the IEDs deployed against them in the past were triggered remotely by cell phones.

Well said sir..

It's common knowledge that IEDs are mostly remotely detonated by phones. These soldiers are also humans and are afraid for their lives as well. You can't blame them. Just because today she was answering a harmless call, does not mean tomorrow someone else's call might not ba a deadly one.

I have learnt to be polite to these officers at checkpoints. I always advise people to do the same things you have advised in your post. That call wet dey so important can be made a few seconds later after you have crossed the checkpoint. No need antagonizing a man with a gun who is on edge.

12 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by olumaxi(m): 11:06am On Dec 28, 2013
Am short of answers
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by zuma4k(m): 11:07am On Dec 28, 2013
I just dey observe...
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by bimbor(m): 11:07am On Dec 28, 2013
nanizle:

datz all

Those guys no send your s4 or iphone5s

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today / Lagos 2019: APC Kingmakers Who’ll Shape The Polls (pics) / Presidential Election Results Were Doctored In My Presence In Kaduna —PDP Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.