Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,012 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. (2955 Views)

What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication / Where Do Black People Come From If Adam And Eve Were White...? / "Adam Didn't Die The Day God Said He Would!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. by vickyO(f): 10:47am On Dec 28, 2013
Hearing the pleadings of his wife to eat the forbidden fruit. What form her arguments took, how Adam met them, or to what extent he resisted before he yielded is not known. The theory that he would have been required to live seperate from Eve and not have any children by her is not biblical. If he had lived true to God, he could have had children and they would have been accounted sinless, for it was reckoned that sin passed to others by the father, not the mother (Ex. 20:5;Ezek.18:2-4;Rom.5:12-21). The mother would have merely been the means of bringing sinless children into the world in the same sense that Christ was born sinless by a sinful mother and a sinless father (Rom.8:5)

Note that during pregnancy, the mother's blood doesn't get into the child, the placenta only transfers nutrients and minerals to the child.

Lastly Adam was there when Eve ate the fruit. Why he didn't caution her, is unknown to me but why he followed suit shows the great extent of man's vulnerability to a woman's persuasive nature.
Gen.3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food....and also gave it to her husband with her; and he did eat.
Re: If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. by Ranchhoddas: 11:10am On Dec 28, 2013
If i have to believe this story,then i have to believe that snakes once had legs#confused#

1 Like

Re: If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. by HarryPotter22: 11:38am On Dec 28, 2013
Eve fall my hand gan, I swear.
Re: If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. by markjoshua(m): 11:49am On Dec 28, 2013
That is †ђξ genesis or origin of our sin
Re: If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. by vickyO(f): 11:51am On Dec 28, 2013
Harry_Potter22: Eve fall my hand gan, I swear.

Na Adam suppose fall youR hand pass.
If he hadn't acted the follow follow part, things would have been different.
Re: If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. by HarryPotter22: 12:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
vickyO:

Na Adam suppose fall youR hand pass.
If he hadn't acted the follow follow part, things would have been different.

He clearly loved his wife hence, he didn't argue with her before taking a bite of the fruit.

By the way, I'm not sure Adam was there when Eve was eating the fruit. It was only after having eaten out of the fruit that she sought out Adam to share in her 'iniquity'.
Re: If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. by Joshthefirst(m): 12:24pm On Dec 28, 2013
I do not know the details of what happened. The bible just said she gave to her husband. It didn't even say if adam was there or not.
Re: If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. by vickyO(f): 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: I do not know the details of what happened. The bible just said she gave to her husband. It didn't even say if adam was there or not.

He was there, read the Bible passage I gave.
Re: If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. by vickyO(f): 12:43pm On Dec 28, 2013
Harry_Potter22:

He clearly loved his wife hence, he didn't argue with her before taking a bite of the fruit.

By the way, I'm not sure Adam was there when Eve was eating the fruit. It was only after having eaten out of the fruit that she sought out Adam to share in her 'iniquity'.

He was there and he should have exercised his authority as a man..Don't blame the woman alone blame tha man also.
Re: If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. by whatofyou: 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
lf Adam had not eaten of the fruit the wife gave to him, then Eve would discontinue being our mother. In fact she and satan would have died the moment God passed judgement on them only. Adam would have fallen asleep and another woman made for him. Sometimes I think we are all the same Adam come on Earth to show where our allegiance belongs. That is, you and I are the same Adam of Eden- now imperfect- with freewill.
I don't think Eve ate that fruit in the presence of satan. After the brief argument with satan, she must have kept thinking of her coming godship, because it was the 'You will be like God' utterance that broke her defences. It could have been an hour later that she did the act (and with Adam by her side).
Whether Adam was with her or not does not matter much. The fruit was distinct from other nearby fruits, so there was no excuse to save Adam's head. Adam could have resisted a little, then fell for godship bait. Both of their eyes were opened at the same time. Take time to read God's sentence on Adam and you will arrive at this conclusion.
Re: If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. by dorox(m): 4:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
You could check out this post I made a while back addressing some part of your original post.
https://www.nairaland.com/1256822/adam-eve-tragic-love-story
Re: If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. by dagr8(m): 6:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
If Adam didnt eat the forbidden fruit shocked....But Adam ate the Forbidden fruit....

We thank God for the second Adam,who hath come to give us abundance of life ... ( Rom 5:17-19)...

EDITED
Re: If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
Would have been fun 4 every one. Den der wont be need uploadin dat pix, u would have jst oploaded ur normal nude pix cus u wont reali knw ur nude.
Re: If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ranchhoddas: If i have to believe this story,then i have to believe that snakes once had legs#confused#

grin grin
Re: If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. by texanomaly(f): 12:15am On Dec 30, 2013
hansobuks: Would have been fun 4 every one. Den der wont be need uploadin dat pix, u would have jst oploaded ur normal nude pix cus u wont reali knw ur nude.

You wouldn't exist.... undecided smh You wouldn't be downloading any pix. Clad or unclad.
Re: If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. by Afrobasic(m): 12:17am On Dec 30, 2013
Wow.. I'm kind of surprised.

People arguing over bed time stories cry undecided tongue

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Church Posters / To All God-believers / I changed my mind.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.