Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,919 members, 7,799,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] (42131 Views)

Man Carries Crocodile On Okada In Abeokuta! See Pics! / Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed / Crocodile Bites Mans Arm And Performs Death Roll! (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by cash4nigerians(m): 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2013
A Mutoko father dived into a river and fought a crocodile with his bare hands to save the life of his 11-year-old son who had been seized while crossing Nyaitengwa River. Mr Tafadzwa Kachere and his son, Tapiwa (11) were both seriously injured in the battle and were yesterday admitted at Chitungwiza Central Hospital.

[img]http://.com/ads/leg3.jpg[/img]

Tapiwa’s left leg had to be amputated, while his father’s left hand is badly hurt. Mr Kachere, who stays in Katiyo 1 Village under Chief Nyajina, said the crocodile attacked while they were on their way home from his garden.

“When we were coming from the garden, I was walking in front and the boy was following me. After crossing the river, I heard the boy screaming for help and I rushed to rescue him. I could see him struggling to free himself as the crocodile kept on holding on to his leg.

“I took the risk and dived into the water and joined the fight trying to force open the jaws with my hands. I failed to open the crocodile’s mouth and resorted to poking its mouth with reeds while seated on its back. I instructed my son to hold on to the reeds as I continued poking into the crocodile’s mouth until it released the boy,” said Mr Kachere.

But when the reptile freed Tapiwa, it turned on the father.

"I struggled with it until we both got out of the water and I was still on top of it. I poked its eyes several times until it released my injured hand,” he said.

After the attack, the two were taken to Nyadire Hospital for emergency first aid before being moved to Chitungwiza Central Hospital.

Mr Kachere appealed for assistance to buy an artificial limb for his son.

“I appeal to well-wishers for assistance in the purchase of an artificial leg for my son. He still wants to go to school and up to now he still thinks he will get his leg back.

“We lied to him that the leg was temporarily being removed for treatment purposes and I do not know how to break the news to him.”

What a pitiable dismapisma displayed by a loving dad to a dieing son but still, this can only happen in Zimbabwe.

[img]http://1.1.1.3/bmi/www.africanspotlight.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Picture-1334-595x240.png[/img]

source: Here

42 Likes

Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by eluquenson(m): 2:30pm On Dec 28, 2013
Brave man

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by emmydaike: 2:30pm On Dec 28, 2013
This is serious......but the man.4 no.allow the.croc eat the guy leg now

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by professore(m): 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2013
Son be thankful u got a brave dad

15 Likes

Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by Harmvirus(f): 2:37pm On Dec 28, 2013
Wow.. The man Is really brave.
Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by borntobegr8t(m): 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2013
Wat a braggadocious act of bravery from the father lets all thank God as we join Christians in the celebration of Christmas, may we seminally and clinically reflect on the quintessential modus vivendi of Master Jesus the Christ who peregrinated his incarnation as an exempli gratia of eulogisable self abnegation, mental magnitude, spart an discipline, altruistic effusions, hiero phantic candour and puritanical. , the very qualities that have become a desiderata for our national resurgimento.

22 Likes

Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by homeboy205: 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2013
ok

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by Afrocatalyst: 3:25pm On Dec 28, 2013
Am inspired.
Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by codedflowz(m): 3:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
Brave Father.

emmydaike: This is serious......but the man.4 no.allow the.croc eat the guy leg now

Seriously

How is he supposed to do that?

9 Likes

Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by aventura: 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
Chinkele tin na
Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by Temismith(f): 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
lipsrsealed tank God d boy was wit d right person at dat monent. Na anoda tin for end d tory

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by ChiSun27(m): 6:05pm On Dec 28, 2013
This is a real hero. The world should celebrate this man and the son.

God please...provide helpers to them.

7 Likes

Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by stevecantrell: 6:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
“We lied to him that the leg was temporarily being removed for treatment purposes and I do not
know how to break the news to him.

No kid is that dumb.

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by IAMBREEZY: 6:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
WoW
Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by kevoh(m): 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
Brave man! True Father!
Though should have started with damaging blows to the Croc's eyes first not do it last. The eyes seems to be a vulnerable part of the croc.
On a side note, make una dey watch Nat Geo and discovery channel oo no be every time english football and africa magic. There are lots of info available for survival in the wild.
I will post on how to survive a python attack in my next post.

8 Likes

Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by kevoh(m): 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
When a python attacks, you have about 14 to 15 seconds before you lose consciousness. That na very short time ooo. So you must act sharp sharp. Don't waste time trying to remove the snake's body from the center, it will only encourage it to tighten it's grip around you. Follow these steps :
1. Quickly remove your shirt and wrap it round the python's head.
2. Take a deep breath.
3. Get the python's tail and give it a big bite. Yes a bite! The type of bite that will cut off a large chunk of the tail off.
Na sharply bros python go release it's grip on you.

23 Likes

Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2013
kevoh: When a python attacks, you have about 14 to 15 seconds before you lose consciousness. That na very short time ooo. So you must act sharp sharp. Don't waste time trying to remove the snake's body from the center, it will only encourage it to tighten it's grip around you. Follow these steps :
1. Quickly remove your shirt and wrap it round the python's head.
2. Take a deep breath.
3. Get the python's tail and give it a big bite. Yes a bite! The type of bite that will cut off a large chunk of the tail off.
Na sharply bros python go release it's grip on you.

u mean like sandwich?? The bite part??

Ewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by Ruq: 8:21pm On Dec 28, 2013
That's some great rescue, on Natgeo I heard the croc jaws is the strongest of all and that when it claps the jaws it intends to crush bones and drown its prey, and that its eyes is the most vulnerable.
The pops really tried saving his kid from that jaw, its no small task to control fear in that situation and as most crocs attack end with a part being amputated. Sorry kid.

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by Emmy9ite(m): 8:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
A very brave dad... I wish them quick recovery

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by simdam500(m): 9:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
Aww!!! Very quick, fast recovery, wat a dad...

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by Lemonade01(m): 9:59pm On Dec 28, 2013
Blood indeed is thicker than water..[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by Jerrick(m): 10:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
Wow!!! I love the father's courage and braveness!!!! For I know, none of u potential or acting father(s) here can do that!!! Dispute me make I sound you undecided

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by Ekilandcom: 10:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
God is great. A brave dad indeed.
Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by kevoh(m): 10:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
DONkollione:

u mean like sandwich?? The bite part??

Ewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! undecided

There's no ewwwww in matter of life and death oooo. Only 15 seconds no time for ewwwwwwwwww!

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by fr3do(m): 11:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
Do u mind telling us the country this happen
Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by lilian0687(f): 11:19pm On Dec 28, 2013
That can never hapen in Nja.
Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by DocAdray(f): 12:08am On Dec 29, 2013
Brave father! Thank God for his son's life, God will surely make a way for the poor boy.

AMEN
Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by Decapo: 12:22am On Dec 29, 2013
This one is strong
Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by 80million1: 12:24am On Dec 29, 2013
Bravo
Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by donblade85: 12:26am On Dec 29, 2013
Get new mtn 5gb trick at b ' l ' a ' d ' y ' l ' o ' a ' d ' e 'd ; t ; k
Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by Peterpan1(m): 12:29am On Dec 29, 2013
born_to_be_gr8t: Wat a braggadocious act of bravery from the father lets all thank God as we join Christians in the celebration of Christmas, may we seminally and clinically reflect on the quintessential modus vivendi of Master Jesus the Christ who peregrinated his incarnation as an exempli gratia of eulogisable self abnegation, mental magnitude, spart an discipline, altruistic effusions, hiero phantic candour and puritanical. , the very qualities that have become a desiderata for our national resurgimento.
Are you okay?

8 Likes

Re: Man Fights Crocodile With Bare Hands To Save Son [PHOTO] by budusky05(m): 12:30am On Dec 29, 2013
Pity the poor boy,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Unlock Jiofi For Using Other SIM Cards 3G/4G Internet / Two Stray Elephants Found In Kebbi Community / Robots Promise To Not Steal Jobs & Rebel Against Humans At Robot Conference - PX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.