Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! (5056 Views)

17 Pictures That Will Only Make Sense To People Who Grew Up In Nigeria / For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by pickabeau1: 6:38pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ewuro707: I doubt it, not this crane. cheesy
Nice one.. . cheesy
Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by pickabeau1: 6:40pm On Dec 29, 2013
steph7: family section posters like JK and CC have discussed how they had issues in the early years of their marriages. for instance JK discussed her temper and how her husband helped her work through it. there is no such thing as a perfect partner or marriage. but there are great relationships out there and it takes two. you for instance, how many times have u been on the receiving end for you views on NL?
why don't the females attack posters like bellong or nashville , are they not men... I always thought bellong was female till recently?
Treat women like your equals and life will be a whole lot easier.

Not sure i get this...receiving end of wat
Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
Steph you gat time, Pick's just whining you cheesy
Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
pickabeau1:

Not sure i get this...receiving end of wat
I meant heated online debates and e-fights for your views
Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ewuro707: Steph you gat time, Pick's just whining you cheesy
lol, I have the time grin
Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
Pickabeau,Kanwulia is really a person of interest, i don't think I ll call that fascination, curiosity is more like it and her warped sense of humor??scary!!If she is real,she is living a life many ll only dream of,no scruples, no inhibition,just enjoy the ride...

She says things that people conceive in their minds but to scared too air ....she is just...intense in an unusual way.
Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by pickabeau1: 6:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
steph7: I meant heated online debates and e-fights for your views

Haha...no b dis land...
Not to generate a debate though
To answer that there is a lot of 'mainstreamism' around this here parts...
Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by pickabeau1: 6:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
byvan: Pickabeau,Kanwulia is really a person of interest, i don't think I ll call that fascination, curiosity is more like it and her warped sense of humor??scary!!If she is real,she is living a life many ll only dream of,no scruples, no inhibition,just enjoy the ride...

She says things that people conceive in their minds but to scared to air ....she is just...intense in an unusual way.

True for some of your points....warped?.. More like hyper contorted grin

Some stuff she says are only shared by a minority and I feel she just lives up to an e-rep

1 Like

Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
pickabeau1:

Haha...no b dis land...
Not to generate a debate though
To answer that there is a lot of 'mainstreamism' around this here parts...
.... what's your stand on feminism or is it bs or women looking for an excuse to be stubborn ?
Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
pickabeau1:

True for some of your points....warped?.. More like hyper contorted grin

Some stuff she says are only shared by a minority and I feel she just lives up to an e-rep

100% Igbos / easterners
Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by pickabeau1: 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
steph7: .... what's your stand on feminism or is it bs or women looking for an excuse to be stubborn ?

It had its usefulness to provide suffrage n equality in the workplace but now it has lost focus

The focus should be on human rights...not one gender claiming superiority over another
Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
pickabeau1:

It had its usefulness to provide suffrage n equality in the workplace but now it has lost focus

The focus should be on human rights...not one gender claiming superiority over another
Spot on!!
Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by pickabeau1: 6:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ewuro707:

100% Igbos / easterners

Haha....

Shes a Funny woman though...
Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by bukatyne(f): 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
Dear Royal Roy/Tgirl4real,

why are some of my posts hidden?
Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by sapiosexual(f): 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
my dear you are not a feminist don't come here and blame ur bad attitude on feminism. feminism does not in anyway teach people to be disrespectful. change ur attitude. you are welcome

3 Likes

Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by sapiosexual(f): 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
pickabeau1:

the women that should be screaming feminism are the women in Saudi Arabia that r not allowed to drive.

3 Likes

Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by pickabeau1: 9:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
sapiosexual:

the women that should be screaming feminism are the women in Saudi Arabia that r not allowed to drive.

Lol..they love their head
Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by pelepeleb: 12:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
DarqChild:
@ OP, Its a beautiful thing that you have figured out your mistake and I really love your courage. In the world today the white man basically has turned into a shadow replica of what a real man should be and that's why America seems to have the highest rate of divorce and everywhere is in total chaos and you have high rate of homosexuality which is slowly creeping into the African continent. Really sad if you ask me. A man can't control and teach his kids simple manners because the law he created for himself restricts him from doing so. that's totally absurd and stupid. I'm not an expert in relationships but I think you should first start your research by reading up what the whole feminist propaganda is all about...understand it perfectly and then disassociate yourself from the ideology. As a Nigerian young 20 year old man I can deduce that when a man wants to get married/get in a serious relationship he looks for certain attributes in a potential wife/woman.
i. A woman who respects him and loves him. A woman who he loves unconditionally too and whom he can trust. The whole idea of prenuptial came up in marriages with the introduction of the whole feminist bullcrap. When a man asks for a prenup before getting married that means he doesn't trust his wife and the love really isn't there and I can authoritatively say that he may wake up tomorrow and decide to call it quits. Thats the world we live in today and I myself will definitely get a prenup too not because I won't trust my wife....but to be on a safer side. The whole world is going crazy these days with stupid ideas flying around.
How can you trust someone with your biggest secrets and your innermost heart desires if you can't trust her with something as fickle as material gain? How can a man really bring a woman he calls his wife closer to his heart if he doesn't trust her with his money? A woman should respect her man.
ii. A woman who defers to him when it comes to decisions in the family and respects his finally decisions even though it may not be in accordance with hers and trusts that her husband will protect and provide for her. You should learn to let a man do his duty as a man. In the Igbo tribe where I come from the men go to war, do the most strenuous jobs in the family, are the bread winners literally, go to the farms and if he has a bigger farm then and only then does the wife support and stuff like that. I know this doesn't happen today in Igboland since everyone is educated and seems to take up office work but that is really the basics of the whole thing. Even when you earn better than your hubby you shouldn't rub it in on him. He is your husband for crying out loud and the man of the house. If you should start spewing insults at him and then start treating him like the woman thereby taking the pants from him a real man will break and if he is not careful he will be so shaken up in his core and definitely some day the whole bottled rage with spill someday. Defer to the male in the relationship because he is the head. Well frankly American men these days tend to prefer it when the women are in charge so I don't know how it works for you guys over there. But whenever I'm in a relationship with a woman even if she is older than me and I perceive any atom of condescending attitude from her I'll calmly call her to it and if she doesn't desist from repeating her actions she will find herself out of the door pronto and most real men are like that. A nagging wife is a headache. men don't like nagging women around them.
iii. Know your duty as a wife/woman in the relationship and don't try to do his as the man unless he specifically asks you to help him and believe me, before a man would ever beg you to do his duty....a real man that is, then know something is really wrong.

These are just a tip of the whole iceberg my dear beautiful sister and I hope other men around who know there onus and are much more experienced than I am will be able to help you out. HUMILITY and RESPECT is the watch word girl. With this being said I believe also that you are wise enough to know when wolves come in "men's" clothing claiming to be the real deal. Take care my Dear and once again, congratulations in advance on your successful endeavor. I wish you the best.
In addition to these get NIV Bible and begin to study it. Read this verse too. Proverb 31:1-9, then 10- 31 take these characters. It is well with you.
Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by red101(f): 12:30am On Dec 28, 2014
coogar:

at 35?
i'm afraid, that ship has sailed. you should have joined this forum 7 years ago. grin

her problem is not feminism. her problem is desperation
Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by red101(f): 12:35am On Dec 28, 2014
ReLearning:
I read a post that someone put up about her husband slapping her after something she said and he was mad at her for 3 days. Oh boy, so I started reading the comments. What I thought I was going to read were the typical comments

Instead of those comments I was reading words of wisdom from women that were more forgiving, humble, focused on keeping a happy home, praying for her husband...

And when I look at my life, I know that I'm lost. If I was with an African guy, I would get worse than a slap. I probably wouldn't have any teeth.

Please give advice on

-how do you handle situation when you feel like your husband has disrespected you.
-when your husband or boyfriend has done wrong by you....and what to do instead of yelling, cursing, trying to get him back, or hitting
-how and what is being humble?? Give examples.
-how to respect your husband and make him feel great as a man.
-how to respect your husband even when he has disrespected you.

Signed,
Your Feminist sister.....that's SICK of this feminist mess!

Help.

so in your mind, successful relationship is being able to turn the other cheek when your husband is using you as a punching bag or knocks out all of your teeth?
Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by red101(f): 12:53am On Dec 28, 2014
ReLearning:
What you will see glorified in America are women who
- don't take no mess from there husbands
-make 6 or 7 figures a year
-don't need no man to "do their thang"
-will tell you like it is if you say something out of line
-constantly says "YOU CANT TELLLLLLLLLL ME WHAT TO DO"

What you will no longer see glorified here are women who
- allow the men to lead their household
-decide to live on what he makes and cut back on the higher lifestyle
- stay home and raise her children so that she can teach them boundaries instead of being taught by the wicked world at a young age.
-learn humility and respect and know that it's about her and her family, not just her.
-learn how to use her femininity to change a situation instead if a nagging mouth and pride which would only make matters worst.

if you move among the upper middle or upper class, you will see that being a housewife to a rich, generous man is glorified.
Re: I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 28, 2014
ReLearning:

And when I look at my life, I know that I'm lost. I know there is a reason that I'm 35 and single. It took me until now to stop blaming other people and look at me. My mother is a head strong woman. She has a beautiful heart and loves people but she runs the household. She tells her husband what to do. They bicker all the time. Any time she feels he's not doing something right, she begins nagging him. It's all about how she feels. She cooks for him when she feels like it. If he doesn't fix up the house or comes in from work and watch movies while home, she gets mad because he isn't working. Unfortunately I am the same way, probably worst. I don't nag as much because I saw my mother doing it and I hate it.....but I am head strong and have no self control. Meaning, I always make sure that I don't have to depend on a man. I make sure to make my own money and when it boils down to it, I can take care of myself. I have no self control over my mouth or actions. If I get really mad, I say disrespectful things and if it gets too bad and my feelings are really hurt I start hitting. I can lose respect for him in a second. When I look at myself in the mirror, I see a pretty FOOL. If I was with an African guy, I would get worse than a slap. I probably wouldn't have any teeth. And to make matters worst, when you feel bad and you go and talk to your girlfriends here for advice, many if them laugh or don't see a problem with it because we all act like fools over here. It's all about us....and making sure we get respect. It's EVERYWHERE AROUND US. The other advice that you would get is what I listed above, when I thought this was an American site. (Girl, just leave him....it's so many other men out here.)

I hate the way that I am. I don't want to be like this. You think this feminine crap is cool at first until all of these feminine women begin to really act like men. It's not cool. I'm so sick of it. I wish I could be like some of you women in this forum. I wish I grew up around the wisdom that you all give to your daughters, sisters, and friends. I'm thirsty for true guidance and to see how a NON FEMINIST operate. I'm determined to make a change in my life....no matter how hard. I want to learn self control, and compassion, and humility, and I guess I can start by reading some of your advice in this forum.
honestly speaking i think the problem is not feminism or your mother, grandmother blah blah blah because there are many feminists out there that are happily married. Feminism is not the problem, your attitude and character is. smiley

Its time you stop blaming your flaws on other people or ideologies. What you need to do is look at what you are doing wrong and try to fix.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet The Eldest Son Of Pastor E.A Adeboye / Women: Have U Secured Your Future? / Am In Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.