Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? (7957 Views)

Excitement In Borno As Troops Reclaim Gudumbari / If We Are To Reclaim The Futureā€¦ / Is It Possible For Pdp To Reclaim The South West In 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by T9ksy(m): 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2013
owobokiri: They will rather turn the whole of southern Nigeria into another Kwara than confront their colonisers at Ilorin. Witness how some posters above are trying to spin themselves dizzy, making it look like a simple issue. Kwara is an insult cowardly accepted, a diisgrace willfully ignored, a century old sore still festering. [b]Maybe the whole southern Nigeria should contribute troops to free kwara [/b]otherwise the fear of the fulani will always force our SW brothers into all sorts of unholy alliances with far reaching implications for every southern group.

Obviously, you motha fuvkin' Igbos have not learnt your lessons yet. If we see any ibo troops on any part of yoruba soil claiming to come to our unsolicited aid, we will panel beat your obdurate Igbos AGAIN, like we did at Ore.

Can you enlighten us on what forced you mischievous souls into an ungodly alliance with the hausa/fulanis in the first republic? Discerning minds would surely like to know seeing as these folks slaughtered you guys in 1945 and again in '53 but 6years later you couldn't wait to play second fiddle to your former tormentors.

6 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2013
Is it suffice to say that Lagos is under benin control because the ruling houses of: Eshilokun, Adele-Ajosun, and Akitoye are all descendants of Ologun kutere, the daughter of Ado, a benin prince? Can we also say that Lagos is subjugated by the benins because the Eletu odibo's, Obanikoro's and other king makers in Lagos are descendants of Benin chiefs. CERTAINLY NOT!

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by superstar1(m): 8:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
hercules07:

The Emir is more yoruba than fulani, infact it has been that way for a long time but our friends from the east do not know this. Ilorin is a yoruba town and the state is led by a yoruba man.

You hen. You are too nice to be in politics session. Those Igbos don't appreciate this your gentlemanliness.

They are savages and barbarians and should be treated as such.

7 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by superstar1(m): 8:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
They are looking for another round of pounding tonight.

2 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
http://www.kwarastate.gov.ng/main/article/Kwara-State-Government-Executive-Council

principal officers in ilorin.
read and digest and tell me again how the hausa/fulani owns ilorin

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by oduaboy1: 8:57pm On Dec 28, 2013
emmalexabl: That is mission impossible.
When descendants of usman dan fodio conquers you.,u remain a slave til infinity.. grin
knowing yorubas so well, i know they wont dare..
The same way the descendants of dan fodio conquered you lots in the civil war abi!!!.Ibos shall remain slaves forever.

2 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by ezeagu(m): 9:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
KIRIJI: Is it suffice to say that Lagos is under benin control because the ruling houses of: Eshilokun, Adele-Ajosun, and Akitoye are all descendants of Ologun kutere, the daughter of Ado, a benin prince? Can we also say that Lagos is subjugated by the benins because the Eletu odibo's, Obanikoro's and other king makers in Lagos are descendants of Benin chiefs. CERTAINLY NOT!

The comparison doesn't show us anything, and for several reasons:

1. The Benin kingdom is far less powerful and influential than the high seat of Sokoto.
2. The Benin kingdom is no longer militaristic and aggressive, unlike elements of the Fulani militias that have terrorised Nigeria recently.
3. The Lagos Benin connection is closer because of culture, and the history is also very old so the families have been assimilated.
4. The politics of both relationships are very different, in present day Nigeria where there exists a dangerous extremist Islamic threat to national security and who are funded by the unknown, and where we have dagger-wielding Fulani farmers decimating communities because of one cow, having a stronghold for a kingdom who are suspected to be even close to these threats in your home is not ideal.

4 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by collynzo2(m): 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
Saraki ("I am Abubakar Olusola Saraki, but that has not made me a Yoruba man. I speak Yoruba because it is my mother's tongue"wink
^
^
That is called sucking up to your slave master.

6 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
ezeagu:

The comparison doesn't show us anything, and for several reasons:

1. The Benin kingdom is far less powerful and influential than the high seat of Sokoto.
2. The Benin kingdom is no longer militaristic and aggressive, unlike elements of the Fulani militias that have terrorised Nigeria recently.
3. The Lagos Benin connection is closer because of culture, and the history is also very old so the families have been assimilated.
4. The politics of both relationships are very different, in present day Nigeria where there exists a dangerous extremist Islamic threat to national security and who are funded by the unknown, and where we have dagger-wielding Fulani farmers decimating communities because of one cow, having a stronghold for a kingdom who are suspected to be even close to these threats in your home is not ideal.
TRASH! 1817-2013 is not one week. That aside, The entire government cabinet of kwara is made up of yorubas. All the political office holders in kwara state starting from the Governor down to the local government ward coucillors are all yoruba's. So how is the fulani controlling them? Kwarans are even more yoruba-centric than Lagos yorubas, they speak a more deeper yoruba dialect than those at Lagos

7 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 28, 2013
Will this case ever be solved? you should watch when this Emir comes out, na so people go dey fall ontop each other shouting 'sheu' 'sheu'. An Ibo girl new in town then once asked me "why are they calling him eseu"grin I laughed my arss off. Am telling you those mumu in Ilorin don't wanna be free, they worship that man. Kwara is a notherner state, end of discussion.

#amayorobaboi

6 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
ezeagu:

Democratic Republic of Congo = 5 times the size of Germany.

Irrelevant information.

I thought you guys will see beyound you nose. But i guess not.

The SW has MORE THAN ENOUGH LAND in case something happens to Nigeria. Just tell me what natural endowment we don't have? Nothing! We have it all.
Gold,
uranium
oil
arable land
sea
platinum
copper
human capital
infact most metals
Rivers for inland water ways
forests for sustainable development

we've got it all Baby!

whatever else we don't have can be built within 2 years.

So YORUBAS have absolutely no reason to be afraid of any other tribe. And this here friends is the CRUX of the matter!

6 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 28, 2013
Kwara state, just like every other yoruba state has a considerable mixture of christians and moslems. The assertion that kwara state is an islamic state is false, kwara has a huge christian population. Pastor Tunde Bakare is from kwara state, pastor David abioye is from kwara state, Bishop David Oyedepo, the owner of winners chapel and covenant university is also from kwara state.

5 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2013
KIRIJI: Kwara state, just like every other yoruba state has a considerable mixture of christians and moslems. The assertion that kwara state is an islamic state is false, kwara has a huge christian population. Pastor Tunde Bakare is from kwara state, pastor David abioye is from kwara state, Bishop David Oyedepo, the owner of winners chapel and covenant university is also from kwara state.
what are you saying? Didn't read d topic?

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
T9ksy:

But why is it any concern of you Igbos? Don't you guys have better things to occupy your minds with? Like why are your youths deserting your homeland in droves to become nuisances all around the world.
Good questions. Ask your brothers Why they are so obsessed with Ikwerre is not Igbo This and That and other nonsense about Biafra make up. while You had Ilorin colonisation to keep them busy.

4 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 28, 2013
Akinmail:

OYO state's land mass = the whole SE's land mass.

No fighting o. Just stating facts.
Correct. KWARA STATE= Thrice the size of the entire iboland put together
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
superstar1:

You hen. You are too nice to be in politics session. Those Igbos don't appreciate this your gentlemanliness.

They are savages and barbarians and should be treated as such.
By Igbo do you mean this?

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:03pm On Dec 28, 2013
Eziachi: Good questions. Ask your brothers Why they are so obsessed with Ikwerre is not Igbo This and That and other nonsense about Biafra make up. while You had Ilorin colonisation to keep them busy.
I've live with Ikwerre people from birth, they hate being associated with Ibo.

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 28, 2013
collynzo2: Saraki ("I am Abubakar Olusola Saraki, but that has not made me a Yoruba man. I speak Yoruba because it is my mother's tongue"wink
^
^
That is called sucking up to your slave master.
Yoruba PEOPLE WILL REMAIN HAUSA/FULANI SLAVE FOR LIFE.

6 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mzsolex: Will this case ever be solved? you should watch when this Emir comes out, na so people go dey fall ontop each other shouting 'sheu' 'sheu'. An Ibo girl new in town then once asked me "why are they calling him eseu"grin I laughed my arss out. Am telling you those mumu in Ilorin don't wanna be free, they worship that man. Kwara is a notherner state, end of discussion.

#amayorobaboi
GOD BLESS YOU MIZSOLEX. KEEP ON EXPOSING EM

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 28, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
By Igbo do you mean this?
lol where did u get dis pix, a typical igbo head... So identical!grincheesy

2 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 28, 2013
I challenge all you mischievious ignorant dolts, that claim Kwara is under fulani control, to mention one fulani political office holder in Kwara state. Even if it is a local government ward councillor. I also challenge you to mention one area in the whole Kwara state where the fulbe language is spoken.

2 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
KIRIJI: I challenge all you mischievious ignorant dolts, that claim Kwara is under fulani control, to mention one fulani political office holder in Kwara state. Even if it is a local government ward councillor. I also challenge you to mention one area in the whole Kwara state where the fulbe language is spoken.
I pray 9ja doesn't disintegrate, but if it does you're a northerner bro 'cuz dat's where they'll throw ur state. No hard feelings

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mzsolex: I pray 9ja doesn't disintegrate, but if it does you're a northerner bro 'cuz dat's where they'll throw ur state. No hard feelings
I pray Nigeria disintegrates. You havent answered my question; Mention the name of one fulani political holder in Kwara state, mention one area in the whole Kwara state where the fulbe language is spoken. Even at the palace at ilorin, yoruba is the language spoken

3 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by geeez: 11:20pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mzsolex: I pray 9ja doesn't disintegrate, but if it does you're a northerner bro 'cuz dat's where they'll throw ur state. No hard feelings

The Fulanis will claim Anambra, Nnewi and Ebonyi before they will ever consider laying siege on Ilorin

They know who the real cowards are

They've seen which farmers react when their crops are destroyed by the Fulani herds men's cattle

They know where to draw the line(s)

5 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
geeez:

The Fulanis will claim Anambra, Nnewi and Ebonyi before they will ever consider laying siege on Ilorin

They know who the real cowards are

They've seen which farmers react when their crops are destroyed by the Fulani herds men's cattle

They know where to draw the line(s)
am not an ibo fah! Abi ki lon se eleyi?

2 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
KIRIJI: I pray Nigeria disintegrates. You havent answered my question; Mention the name of one fulani political holder in Kwara state, mention one area in the whole Kwara state where the fulbe language is spoken. Even at the palace at ilorin, yoruba is the language spoken
who care's 'bout the language spoken, what am saying is Kwara is a nothern state. answer this question, why is the title of your king referred 2 as 'Emir' and not 'Oba' and 'shue' instead of 'kabiyesi' just like other yoruba lands. Ilorin particularly is sold-out, igbominans and other towns are still better.

2 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 29, 2013
Mzsolex: who care's 'bout the language spoken, what am saying is Kwara is a nothern state. answer this question, why is the title of your king referred 2 as 'Emir' and not 'Oba' and 'shue' instead of 'kabiyesi' just like other yoruba lands. Ilorin particularly is sold-out, igbominans and other towns are still better.
KEEP ON THE GOOD WORK MAN grin

5 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by abdulkayus(m): 4:12am On Dec 29, 2013
KIRIJI: I challenge all you mischievious ignorant dolts, that claim Kwara is under fulani control, to mention one fulani political office holder in Kwara state. Even if it is a local government ward councillor. I also challenge you to mention one area in the whole Kwara state where the fulbe language is spoken.

no stress urself abeg. Dey like lookin for trouble where its nt. We agree that d origin of emir of ilorin is frm d sokoto fulani bt go and ask him now if he can speak fulani or he is a fulani. He will tel u he is more Yoruba than fulani, dey dont even speak fulani at d emir palace, its pure yoruba dey speak. Ilorin is a pure Yoruba townm d only different is cos of the emirship inwhich d ilorins prefer that cos of islam. Havin obaship in ilorin will bring back all dos idolatery practise which is forbidden in islam. And even if 9ja divide 2day, be rst assure that Ilorin will never follow the north. Dey rather form alliance wit d rest of d middle belt or mostly follow d south west since dey are yoruba. Its only like d kwara north (Nupe), that may follow north.

I am proud ilorin and a Proud Yoruba.

Dont knw y dis igbos like takin panadol for someone headache.

4 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by abdulkayus(m): 4:14am On Dec 29, 2013
Mzsolex: who care's 'bout the language spoken, what am saying is Kwara is a nothern state. answer this question, why is the title of your king referred 2 as 'Emir' and not 'Oba' and 'shue' instead of 'kabiyesi' just like other yoruba lands. Ilorin particularly is sold-out, igbominans and other towns are still better.

so, let say cos Niger, Benue state are in the north, that make them to be hausa fulani. So, u are dis dull.

3 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by owobokiri(m): 4:42am On Dec 29, 2013
Who killed Dele Giwa? Na Baba, if you put am 'ngida', na you sabi...

jerseyboy:

Are you suggesting that cowardice is what is driving Tinubu and his co travelers into this alliance with the caliphate?

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by owobokiri(m): 4:55am On Dec 29, 2013
Explain to us why kwara state attends the northern governors forum.. Why is kwara, a yoruba dominated state firmly part of the 17 northern states group why do they attend ACF meetings and not Afenifere gatherings? A governor called himself a dan fodion scion irrespective of the yoruba names. put bluntly; kwara is a firm fulani conqured territory. You can have a million yorubas in government but it will always be the fulani boy that wiill be in power. It is called INDIRECT RULE! Thats right, the minority fulani is playing Lord Lugard on you in this age and you are too cowardly dense to even notice.

KIRIJI: I pray Nigeria disintegrates. You havent answered my question; Mention the name of one fulani political holder in Kwara state, mention one area in the whole Kwara state where the fulbe language is spoken. Even at the palace at ilorin, yoruba is the language spoken

9 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:44am On Dec 29, 2013
Kwara and Kogi states, though have Yoruba in them, are northern states based on modern political arrangement. Ethnically the are Yoruba, and see the Yoruba in the SW as being more closer to them than the northers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Due In Kenya To Bolster Ties / Fashola's Twitter Account Hacked / National Mourning: Photo Of Buhari Removing Late COAS Cap From His Head.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.