Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,478 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? (7958 Views)

Excitement In Borno As Troops Reclaim Gudumbari / If We Are To Reclaim The Future… / Is It Possible For Pdp To Reclaim The South West In 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 1:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
lagcity: Ilorin does not equal Kwara

Ilorin has an Emir, Kwara does not.

The Yoruba in Ilorin never lost their throne to anyone. They became muslims, abolished Yoruba "idol" worship and fought alongside Fulanis, Nupes and Kanuris to have their city under an emir, not a "pagan" Oba. For mischievous folks here to advocate a reclamation of Ilorin throne means that the majority of Yoruba people will have to sit down and decide that Ilorin Yoruba are to dumb to pick their own monarch. This is absurd! How do you even impose an Oba that no one wants? For foreign imposition to work, you need at least 50% of the Yorubas in Ilorin to support this.
Keep lying to yourself. All their emirs are Fulani. So we are not talking of an emir called Adewale whose ancestors were forced into Islam. In the event of Nigeria demice, Kwara/Kogi got one choice, they will go with the north. And if you dare want them with you, north will make it an Islamic issue, which will attract external foreign attention like Saudi money and militant Al qaeda. And in the end Kwara/Kogi will become a Kashmir. Your leaders knew this past and present, hence your sudden change of colour to support the north during the war and did everything during that war, from your politicians to your soldiers to impress the northern ruling establishment over your unequivocal loyalty. Let your leaders challenge this facts, many of them are now in Nairaland as a matter of fact.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: Who cares, what you eat for brealfast or how you dress for your owambe parties, the hard fact remain that your traditional ruler remained a Fulani Emir with a root to the Sokoto sultanate by DNA, biological sons of Usman Dan Fodio. Like I had said in the past and someone had already pointed out, your only chance of rescue from Dan Fodio clan is through referendum, which required the total and strong support from the rest of the south, especially Ndigbo to achieve such a constitution. Devious manipulation to keep Nigeria one so that Kwara will remain in the same nation as the rest of the Oduduwa kingdom is not the way in this 21st century. The rest of the south has figured out that your look like handcuffed to one Nigeria is simply the Kwara/Kogi question.
Pa Eziachi, i am sorry to say this, but you are extremely da.ft. You say Kwara is under fulani subjugation because the emir at Ilorin has links with the sokoto sultanate; Going by your ignorant and mischevious logic, can we also say Lagos state is under benin control because the monarch there are from the ruling houses of: Esilokun, adele-ajosun, and akitoye who are descendants of Ologun kutere, the daughter of Ado, a benin prince whose father built a benin war camp at Lagos?. I have asked you to mention one area in Ilorin and the entire Kwara state where the fulbe language is spoken
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
Pa Eziachi, all your prophecy of doom and gloom against Kwara and Kogi shall befall your own Home town. I am sure you havent been to Kwara before and the only knowledge you have about the place is based on what you have read.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
KIRIJI: Pa Eziachi, i am sorry to say this, but you are extremely da.ft. You say Kwara is under fulani subjugation because the emir at Ilorin has links with the sokoto sultanate; Going by your ignorant and mischevious logic, can we also say Lagos state is under benin control because the monarch there are from the ruling houses of: Esilokun, adele-ajosun, and akitoye who are descendants of Ologun kutere, the daughter of Ado, a benin prince whose father built a benin war camp at Lagos?. I have asked you to mention one area in Ilorin and the entire Kwara state where the fulbe language is spoken

Benin kingdom established Lagos as a war camp and named it Eko when it was sparsely populated and did not depose any ruling monarch as there were none. Ilorin is different. A ruling Yoruba dynasty seem to be deposed forever.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
KIRIJI: Is it suffice to say that Lagos is under benin control because the ruling houses of: Eshilokun, Adele-Ajosun, and Akitoye are all descendants of Ologun kutere, the daughter of Ado, a benin prince? Can we also say that Lagos is subjugated by the benins because the Eletu odibo's, Obanikoro's and other king makers in Lagos are descendants of Benin chiefs. CERTAINLY NOT!
My good friend, Binis are Yorubas by lineage, the Gambaris in Kwara are not Yorubas, they are Fulani, exercicing the right to rule over a Yoruba land conquered by the forefathers. The ruling family in Opobo are Igbo through their forefather Jaja Who originally came from Amaigbo in the present Imo. According to your reasoning, does That make Opobo Igbo land? Kwara is Yoruba land but you guys go and tell northerners That and see what happened. Despite all your bravados, the fact remains that you needs the rest of the south with you in Nigeria, especially Ndigbo, the only group in Nigeria the core north seriously thinks twice about in their Nigeria n chess game.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
Mzsolex: Get ur facts right, Kogi state is not a nothern state.
By virtue of geographical arrangement, Kogi State is a northern state.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: My good friend, Binis are Yorubas lineage.
Point of correction. This isn't true. One visible evidence of this is how the males of the tribes greet their elders. Yorubas lie flat on the ground I.e dorbale while Binis like much of the rest of the south south kneel down to greet. There are however close affinities between both groups because of proximity and a mutual respect for each other's culture.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: I bet they did, I went to school in Scotland with an Austrian, he hated the Germans, but that does't mean, they are not Germans. The original point I want make is your obsesión about who is an Igbo and Who isn't, when you have your own issues with Ilorin to occupy your attention with. When the time comes, Ikwerre, Kafanchan or anyone else will have the right to be what they want to be. Ikwerre not important in any way to the progress of the Igbo nation in the past, now or in the future or will they add any sort of value to it. So stop all this your obsession with who is Igbo and who is not. Emmanuel Adebayor of Togo are Yorubas, are you worrying that they chose to be Togolese than Yorubas? So Why are you going gaga all over the choice Ikwerre may or may not make? Its because your secret love of Ndigbo, that you cannot resist seeing or hearing their name. Zip up mate.
It is obvious you don't know what you are saying. Ask yourself why Ikwerre people always deny being Ibo, and why on the other hand, different Yoruba groups outside the SW always identify with the SW, and Ile-Ife in particular.
On Togo, I want you to know that there is a difference between nationality and ethnicity. There are Togolese that are Yoruba by ethnicity. On two different occasions, I saw the President Boni Yayi of Republic du Benin in Ile-Ife: in the Ooni Palace and OAU, speaking Yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: You see how it hurt when people dare tell you that Kwara is a Fulani enclave with a strong case of citing the Emir of Ilorin. But you lot on the other hand made it a past time deciding who is Igbo and who is not as part of your breakfast menu. Junaid Mohamed made the statement earlier this year that in the event Nigeria seizes to exist, that Kwara is part of North and will remain so. How many of your so called Yoruba Kwara politicians including Lai Mohamed challenged him? Where were they when Saraki, their demi god said that having a Yoruba name does not make him one, that he is a northerner. When was the last time Kwara was controlled by a typical Yoruba's two digit alphabet political party like AG, AD, AC and even UPN?
I expect you, going by your age and "exposure", to know that there is a difference between Kwara and Ilorin. The former is the name of a state, and the latter the capital. While there is an Emir of Ilorin, there is no Emir of Kwara. In Offa, a town of advanced education in Kwara State, their traditional ruler is Yoruba, and goes by the title of Olofa of Offa.

3 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:30pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: Who cares, what you eat for brealfast or how you dress for your owambe parties, the hard fact remain that your traditional ruler remained a Fulani Emir with a root to the Sokoto sultanate by DNA, biological sons of Usman Dan Fodio. Like I had said in the past and someone had already pointed out, your only chance of rescue from Dan Fodio clan is through referendum, which required the total and strong support from the rest of the south, especially Ndigbo to achieve such a constitution. Devious manipulation to keep Nigeria one so that Kwara will remain in the same nation as the rest of the Oduduwa kingdom is not the way in this 21st century. The rest of the south has figured out that your look like handcuffed to one Nigeria is simply the Kwara/Kogi question.
It is obvious that when Ibo people get old their reasoning stop "plumbing" accurately. I have noticed it in DeludedGull. The person you quoted said he is Igbomina, not in Ilorin; and you are saying he is being ruled by the Fulani Emir of Ilorin.

2 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: Saraki felt too big to be an ordinary state governor, so he rather remain in the position of appointing the governors. Their elections are rather a democratic culture or norm that had to be fulfilled.
It is obvious you do not know Olusola Saraki. He was a Senator in the Second Republic.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
KIRIJI: Pa Eziachi, i am sorry to say this, but you are extremely da.ft. You say Kwara is under fulani subjugation because the emir at Ilorin has links with the sokoto sultanate; Going by your ignorant and mischevious logic, can we also say Lagos state is under benin control because the monarch there are from the ruling houses of: Esilokun, adele-ajosun, and akitoye who are descendants of Ologun kutere, the daughter of Ado, a benin prince whose father built a benin war camp at Lagos?. I have asked you to mention one area in Ilorin and the entire Kwara state where the fulbe language is spoken
Eziachi and Dede 1 aka DeludedGull have, due to their age, been unable to reason properly. Could it be in the DNA of old Igbos to get senile with age?

4 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by jude2011: 2:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
We yorubas are too SOPHISTICATED and EDUCATED. We know that any attempt to reclaim the illorin throne will make our masters, (the fulanis)to be very angry and this can lead to total destruction of our land.which we don't pray for. We know that any territory captured by the fulanis can not be reclaimed. The truth is that the hausas have similar traits with the fulanis, which is bravery and an unforgiving spirit, thats why they where assimilated by the fulanis. They joined forces and became known as the hausa/fulani tribe. It is my prayer and I will be very glad if my people in ilorin don't ever contemplate to displease our master,the fulanis. My ultimate dream is that one day, our masters will find it in their heart to assimilate us so that we can be called the HAUSA/FULANI/YORUBA tribe instead of being just a colony of the fulanis.
My brothers and sisters,my fellow afonja descendants in ilorin, please don't mind the igbo boy that opened this thread. He wants to incite us against our master. Well, we won't mind him,this will only make us to be more loyal and faithful to our masters. Our fathers served them diligently, we and our unborn generation will also serve them till eternity.

7 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 3:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
KIRIJI: Pa Eziachi, all your prophecy of doom and gloom against Kwara and Kogi shall befall your own Home town. I am sure you havent been to Kwara before and the only knowledge you have about the place is based on what you have read.
In a developed world, this will be deemed a debate, but like a typical Nigerian, once reality hits, you have rather resort cursing me, when you realised the truthfulness of what am saying. If am wrong, please kindly rebut me with your own facts. I do not lose sleep over human cursing.

4 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by true2god: 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
superstar1:

You too you are happy that you have posted something that sounded reasonable to you.

Your id1otic post is nothing but shit, from an igunnuko Igbo that is devoid of brain.

Treat your greedy nature and covetousness first, before you get back to us.

By the way, recover your father's hijacked properties and streets in PH first.
The FG conqured PH from the Igbos during the civil war, the natives were forced to renounced their Igboness (and claim their fellow Igbo property as abandoned property) in order to get favour from the victorios power (FG) which they fearfully did. They become non-Igbos under duress, add Rs to all Igbo town and villages eg (R)umuola, (R)umuokoro, (R)umukurushi etc. They changed Obigbo (heart of Igbo) to Oyingbo then back to Obigbo as they gradually come to their senses that there enemy are the hausa\fulanis. It is a gradual process, Igbos shall claim evry inch of their lands with their brothers.

The case of PH and Ilorin are different. The north specifically told the yorubas that in the event of Nigeira break-up, kwara\ilorin will be part and parcel of northern territory. In the event of Nigeria break up, you and i knw that PH will be part of Igboland irrespective the present condition of PH.

Accept this facts and work out a way of liberating ur kinsmen from the fulanis instead of you consoling yourself by bringing up PH issue here.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 3:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Eziachi and Dede 1 aka DeludedGull have, due to their age, been unable to reason properly. Could it be in the DNA of old Igbos to get senile with age?
You seem to have lost words and a lot to say for once, because this thread is not about. GEJ, Ndigbo, Ikwerre or Biafra. Funny.

3 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 3:48pm On Dec 29, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
It is obvious you do not know Olusola Saraki. He was a Senator in the Second Republic.
In the second republic, many of the master chose senate than being confined to their state. Men like J.S Tarka, Obi Wali
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by superstar1(m): 3:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
true2god: The FG conqured PH from the Igbos during the civil war, the natives were forced to renounced their Igboness (and claim their fellow Igbo property as abandoned property) in order to get favour from the victorios power (FG) which they fearfully did. They become non-Igbos under duress, add Rs to all Igbo town and villages eg (R)umuola, (R)umuokoro, (R)umukurushi etc. They changed Obigbo (heart of Igbo) to Oyingbo then back to Obigbo as they gradually come to their senses that there enemy are the hausa\fulanis. It is a gradual process, Igbos shall claim evry inch of their lands with their brothers.

The case of PH and Ilorin are different. The north specifically told the yorubas that in the event of Nigeira break-up, kwara\ilorin will be part and parcel of northern territory. In the event of Nigeria break up, you and i knw that PH will be part of Igboland irrespective the present condition of PH.

Accept this facts and work out a way of liberating ur kinsmen from the fulanis instead of you consoling yourself by bringing up PH issue here.

Oga, they are not different. PH is FG bounty harvest of Biafra war.

Organise massob to chase the okrika rocking your streets and houses in PH.

If it works, we will also adopt the same strategy in ilorin.

Meanwhile, the emir in ilorin is yoruba, the Governor in kwara state is Yoruba. Same with Rivers I guess. Don't give us the amaechi being igbo talk. He is ikwerre and ikwerre people have been denying any lineage with igbos.

So spare us that.

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 3:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
I expect you, going by your age and "exposure", to know that there is a difference between Kwara and Ilorin. The former is the name of a state, and the latter the capital. While there is an Emir of Ilorin, there is no Emir of Kwara. In Offa, a town of advanced education in Kwara State, their traditional ruler is Yoruba, and goes by the title of Olofa of Offa.
Try to be honest to yourself, how many Yorubas dead or alive knew any ruler called Olofa, let alone non Yoruba? Ilorin and Kwara are like Lagos and Eko, what's the difference? Potato and Potatoe. Olofa is as insignificant as Peter Obi is to PDP.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: In a developed world, this will be deemed a debate, but like a typical Nigerian, once reality hits, you have rather resort cursing me, when you realised the truthfulness of what am saying. If am wrong, please kindly rebut me with your own facts. I do not lose sleep over human cursing.
Your argument is ridiculous, preposterous and higly mischeivious. I have told you to mention one predominant fulani quarters in the entire Kwara state.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 4:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
superstar1:

Oga, they are not different. PH is FG bounty harvest of Biafra war.

Organise massob to chase the okrika rocking your streets and houses in PH.

If it works, we will also adopt the same strategy in ilorin.

Meanwhile, the emir in ilorin is yoruba, the Governor in kwara state is Yoruba. Same with Rivers I guess. Don't give us the amaechi being igbo talk. He is ikwerre and ikwerre people have been denying any lineage with igbos.

So spare us that.
Don't divert us from the main issue-Kwara. What makes those You are calling Yorubas in Kwara Yoruba? Is the language they speak or their supposed blue eyes?
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by superstar1(m): 4:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
KIRIJI: Your argument is ridiculous, preposterous and higly mischeivious. I have told you to mention one predominant fulani quarters in the entire Kwara state.

He should just mention one fulani dominated street in ilorin.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by superstar1(m): 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: Don't divert us from the main issue-Kwara. What makes those You are calling Yorubas in Kwara Yoruba? Is the language they speak or their supposed blue eyes?

So in your lame and lazy man logic, so they don't speak yoruba, tell us what they speak then?

So, ifes, ijebus ijeshas ekitis egbas, okun and aworis are not yorubas too going by your baseless alaigbo logic.

Don't even talk of kwara, just restrict yourself to ilorin, the bone of contention here.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 4:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
KIRIJI: Your argument is ridiculous, preposterous and higly mischeivious. I have told you to mention one predominant fulani quarters in the entire Kwara state.
Ok professor Awojobi, why don't you make the unridiculous one? Quarters my azzs.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
superstar1:

I tire for the old man o. This is the third page now and they are yet to answer my question
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: Quarters my azzs.
Is that the name of the fulani quarters at Ilorin? 'Quarters my azzs' Lol. According to pa Eziachi, the name of the fulani quarters at Ilorin is Quarters my azzs cheesycheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 4:15pm On Dec 29, 2013
superstar1:

So in your lame and lazy man loguc, so they don't speak yoruba, tell us what they speak then?

So, ifes, ijebus ijeshas ekitis egbas, okun and aworis are not yorubas too going by your baseless alaigbo logic.
Because Ikwerre speaks Igbo and you claimed they are not Igbos but a new tribe called b Ikwerre. So what makes you in reverse thinks that Kwara/Ilorin is Yoruba just because they are spoke Yoruba language? It hurts now, does'nt it?
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: You seem to have lost words and a lot to say for once, because this thread is not about. GEJ, Ndigbo, Ikwerre or Biafra. Funny.
You have lost touch with reasoning else I see no reason why you should be allowing your emotion dictate for you.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by superstar1(m): 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: Because Ikwerre speaks Igbo and you claimed they are not Igbos but a new tribe called b Ikwerre. So what makes you in reverse thinks that Kwara/Ilorin is Yoruba just because they are spoke Yoruba language? It hurts now, does'nt it?

Are we their megaphone? Why should we say they are not.

They specifically said they are not ibo. If that is what they tell the world, that means they are not. No ione can know the identity of a man more than himself.

When they said it, you never argued with them. That means it is an established fact that they are not. Sort it out with them first, before the world will believe you that they are not ibos. For now, they are not.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by emiye(m): 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
Traditional titles in nigeria are ceremonial ! What is the fuss about an emir with virtually no political might. ?

Geopolitical classification placed kwara as North central. Are all Igbos in the SE zone? Are some not in other geopolitical zones.

if we are to follow the warped logic that an emir in ilorin, means the fulani now owns ilorin/ kwara, then oba of benin also means, yoruba owns benin /edo.

Ilorin is with over 90% yorubas, Kwara state is made up of over 70% yorubas,

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING.

4 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
superstar1:

So because Hausa dominated Ama-Awusa areas in Umuahia and Owerri, therefore those areas are no longer Igboland? Try reason with your brain, not your backside. You should be addressing issues like, the pronoucements the northern establishment had made many times over Kwara and why these areas never vote for any Yoruba dominated parties like AG, AD, AC or even UPN in the past?
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: In the second republic, many of the master chose senate than being confined to their state. Men like J.S Tarka, Obi Wali
Imagine your insensitive excuse to hide your claim on Olusola Saraki. Was Joe Obasaju, a former Principal of St. Monica's College, Kabba and an indigene of Kabba, Kogi State as politically strong as Saraki and Wali? This man won a seat to the Senate as one of the four senators including Saraki to represent the old Kwara State.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why We Want N107 Billion World Bank Loan – Ogun Govt / National Mourning: Photo Of Buhari Removing Late COAS Cap From His Head. / Tinubu In French Airport Admiring His $38 Million Falcon VP-CBT Private Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.