Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? (7950 Views)

Excitement In Borno As Troops Reclaim Gudumbari / If We Are To Reclaim The Future… / Is It Possible For Pdp To Reclaim The South West In 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by superstar1(m): 4:31pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: So because Hausa dominated Ama-Awusa areas in Umuahia and Owerri, therefore those areas are no longer Igboland? Try reason with your brain, not your backside. You should be addressing issues like, the pronoucements the northern establishment had made many times over Kwara and why these areas never vote for any Yoruba dominated parties like AG, AD, AC or even UPN in the past?

They have the right of choice to vote In any direction and they are allowed to exercise their right.

So, because ondo voted for LP, that means ondo is not part of yorubaland again? See, alaigbo warped logic.

The bottomline is, a yorubaman is the governor.

That is the most important thing and that is what it is.

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
KIRIJI: I tire for the old man o. This is the third page now and they are yet to answer my question
I dont care one bit. As long you still listen to your man, I will take it that age is not equal to tiredness, unless where you comes from it is different. I never ask for a special treatment because of your age, so this is nairaland, not an age comparing website. grin
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 29, 2013
emiye:

if we are to follow the warped logic that an emir in ilorin, means the fulani now owns ilorin/ kwara, then oba of benin also means, yoruba owns benin /edo.

The Binis have their own version of this event which quite frankly sounds more plausible than the Oduduwa fell from the sky myth.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: Try to be honest to yourself, how many Yorubas dead or alive knew any ruler called Olofa, let alone non Yoruba? Ilorin and Kwara are like Lagos and Eko, what's the difference? Potato and Potatoe. Olofa is as insignificant as Peter Obi is to PDP.
Cease from disgracing yourself. The number of people that know or do not know the throne of the Olofa of Offa does not legalize or otherwise the throne.
For your information there is a difference between Eko and Lagos. Eko is mainly Victoria Island and parts of the mainland. For those that stay in Lagos, it is not uncommon to hear bus conductors in Oshodi to be heard echoing "Eko!" right in Lagos. Eko is as different from Lagos just as the Lagos of upto 1991 was not the same as Lagos State.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 4:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
superstar1:

They have the right of choice to vote In any direction and they are allowed to exercise their right.

So, because ondo voted for LP, that means ondo is not part of yorubaland again? See, alaigbo warped logic.

The bottling is, a yorubaman is the governor.

That is the most important thing and that is what it is.
True , they have the right to choose and so do Ikwerre. As long as am concernened based on your creative theory, Kwara is a tribe, not Yoruba and Ikwerre is a tribe, not Igbo. We don't care what languages they speak, if you decide to change your theory again, let us know.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: Don't divert us from the main issue-Kwara. What makes those You are calling Yorubas in Kwara Yoruba? Is the language they speak or their supposed blue eyes?
Agadi nwoke, Kwara is never the issue but Ilorin.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by superstar1(m): 4:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: True , they have the right to choose and so do Ikwerre. As long as am concernened based on your creative theory, Kwara is a tribe, not Yoruba and Ikwerre is a tribe, not Igbo. We don't care what languages they speak, if you decide to change your theory again, let us know.

Have you ever seen kwara being listed has part of the over 250 tribes in Nigeria.

Bros, your argument is baseless.

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 4:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Cease from disgracing yourself. The number of people that know or do not know the throne of the Olofa of Offa does not legalize or otherwise the throne.
For your information there is a difference between Eko and Lagos. Eko is mainly Victoria Island and parts of the mainland. For those that stay in Lagos, it is not uncommon to hear bus conductors in Oshodi to be heard echoing "Eko!" right in Lagos. Eko is as different from Lagos just as the Lagos of upto 1991 was not the same as Lagos State.
grin Eko is mainly Victoria Island. So you dont know when one is pulling your leg? grin I have two houses in Victoria Island, since 1982, so I knew the place three times more than you. The name Eko is synonimous to Lagos and thats the point I was hoping to make earlier.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by emiye(m): 4:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
jerseyboy:
The Binis have their own version of this event which quite frankly sounds more plausible than the Oduduwa fell from the sky myth.

stay in line with the discussion.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
superstar1:

Have you ever seen kwara being listed has part of the over 250 tribes in Nigeria.

Bros, your argument is baseless.
No, Kwara and Ikwerre are two brand new tribes created by Yoruba. Got nothing to do with history or me. So dont ask me please.

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by emiye(m): 5:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: True , they have the right to choose and so do Ikwerre. As long as am concernened based on your creative theory, Kwara is a tribe, not Yoruba and Ikwerre is a tribe, not Igbo. We don't care what languages they speak, if you decide to change your theory again, let us know.

which creative theory made Kwara a tribe ?

Kwara state was one of the 12 states in 1967, and parts of the old kwara state are now in benue, niger, kogi
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: grin Eko is mainly Victoria Island. So you dont know when one is pulling your leg? grin I have two houses in Victoria Island, since 1982, so I knew the place three times more than you. The name Eko is synonimous to Lagos and thats the point I was hoping to make earlier.
The word, "Eko" is mainly used by Yoruba people to refer to Lagos State, not just Victoria Island but even at that you hear bus conductors echoing "Eko" when they are going to VI, Obalende and Ikoyi.

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Agadi nwoke, Kwara is never the issue but Ilorin.
It is now! Whether you love it or not.
If you are in in doubt ask Junaid Mohamed or ask yourself why Sunday Awoyini was a chieftain of Arewa Consultnative Forum instead of Afenifere? This threat has for once shifted attention to your own door steps and you dont like it one bit and wished it was about GEJ or Biafra grin
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by superstar1(m): 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: No, Kwara and Ikwerre are two brand new tribes created by Yoruba. Got nothing to do with history or me. So dont ask me please.

Ikwerre said they are not ibos.

How was that yorubas creation bros?
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: It is now! Whether you love it or not.
If you are in in doubt ask Junaid Mohamed or ask yourself why Sunday Awoyini was a chieftain of Arewa Consultnative Forum instead of Afenifere? This threat has for once shifted attention to your own door steps and you dont like it one bit and wished it was about GEJ or Biafra grin
Sunday Awoniyi, from Kogi State was the leader of the Arewa Consultative Forum on account of his state being one of the 19 northern states. Anybody that is northerner, whether he is Hausa/Fulani or not, is entitled to be a member of the ACF.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by collynzo2(m): 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
5 pages yet no one has answered the simple question asked by the OP. I will rephrase the question; can we ever see an Oba / Ooni of Ilorin?

5 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by superstar1(m): 6:15pm On Dec 29, 2013
collynzo2: 5 pages yet no one has answered the simple question asked by the OP. I will rephrase the question; can we ever see an Oba / Ooni of Ilorin?

Gaze into the crystal ball seer and tell us.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 6:19pm On Dec 29, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Sunday Awoniyi, from Kogi State was the leader of the Arewa Consultative Forum on account of his state being one of the 19 northern states. Anybody that is northerner, whether he is Hausa/Fulani or not, is entitled to be a member of the ACF.
So state determines who you are or your tribe? One day I will remind you this your own words. But just to remind you, Ralph Uwechue was Ohaneze president based on his tribal lineage not his state. Based on your own words, there are Yorubas now considered northerners but on the other side of the coin, you hypocrite had consistently told us that to be an Igbo you have to be in SE only.Hypocrites!

2 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 6:30pm On Dec 29, 2013
superstar1:

Ikwerre said they are not ibos.

How was that yorubas creation bros?
I agree with you. The same way Kwara and Kogi has said that they are not Yoruba. There is nothing you or me can do about it.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by superstar1(m): 6:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: I agree with you. The same way Kwara and Kogi has said that they are not Yoruba. There is nothing you or me can do about it.

Kwara and kogi are states with a larger population of yorubas in kwara and a sizeable population in kogi.

They have never denied being yorubas. They found themselves in NC based on the geopolitical division of Nigeria.

Ikwerre is a tribe and kwara and kogi are not tribes. Get it straight bro.

2 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by juman(m): 6:40pm On Dec 29, 2013
Another one nigeria problem.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by warlei(m): 6:40pm On Dec 29, 2013
collynzo2: 5 pages yet no one has answered the simple question asked by the OP. I will rephrase the question; can we ever see an Oba / Ooni of Ilorin?
As a smart yoruba boy lemme just drop a snippet here.
For us to reclaim sfonja's blood back to ilorins leadership...
Firstly we have to enlighten our ilorin brothers that they shouldnt be ensleved by religion..
Create chaos at the seat of the caliphate and spring up hausa/fulani divisions...
Mobilizing hausas has never been a problem to yorubas mobilise them to attack the caliphate,and make them see emirs as a form of slavery hidden under guise islam,even if it requires brainwashing.
When they start dismantling the emirates we wait patiently. Then we unleash the OPC... With full force. In ilorin...,

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by ba7man(m): 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: grin Eko is mainly Victoria Island. So you dont know when one is pulling your leg? grin I have two houses in Victoria Island, since 1982, so I knew the place three times more than you. The name Eko is synonimous to Lagos and thats the point I was hoping to make earlier.
Eko is Lagos Island. I'm a Lagos Island (Isale-Eko) indigene so i know. People just generalize the whole state with the name now.

You've had 2 houses on Victoria Island since 1982??

Hmmmm........ok ooo. Me too. I have 3 houses on Victoria Island since 1979.

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by juman(m): 7:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
What common man on the street wants is just to have good life.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 7:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
ba7man: Eko is Lagos Island. I'm a Lagos Island (Isale-Eko) indigene so i know. People just generalize the whole state with the name now.

You've had 2 houses on Victoria Island since 1982??

Hmmmm........ok ooo. Me too. I have 3 houses on Victoria Island since 1979.

I know you do in 1979. I bought it from you in 1980, knock it down to build a modern house in it in 1981and rented since then by Banks.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by ba7man(m): 7:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: I know you do in 1979. I bought it from you in 1980, knock it down to build a modern house in it in 1981and rented since then by Banks.
Sorry, you're talking to the wrong person.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: So state determines who you are or your tribe? One day I will remind you this your own words. But just to remind you, Ralph Uwechue was Ohaneze president based on his tribal lineage not his state. Based on your own words, there are Yorubas now considered northerners but on the other side of the coin, you hypocrite had consistently told us that to be an Igbo you have to be in SE only.Hypocrites!
Your disputing my position is not because you have any fact but because you have been told Ikwerre are not Ibo. Even if they are, they deny it and don't want to be associated with the SE.
What matters here is one's ethnic group, and not necessarily his state or geo-political zone. On May 27th Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State garthered all Yoruba traditional rulers from the SW, Benin Republic, Togo, Kogi and Kwara states. They all spoke Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: I agree with you. The same way Kwara and Kogi has said that they are not Yoruba. There is nothing you or me can do about it.
Eziachi, you have disgraced yourself enough on this thread. The Yoruba people of Kogi State in Kabba/Bunu, Mopa-Amuro, Yagba East, Yagba West and Ijumu as well as those in Ilorin and other LGAs in Kwara State found themselves in the north due to the Richard Constitution of 1946 which introduced regionalism.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
Omo, a ju won lo ko se wi l'ejo.
-Orlando Owoh in "Kennery de Ijoya."
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
ba7man: Sorry, you're talking to the wrong person.
Really, I thought it was you. Following me about, trying to sell, me the remainder of your inheritance. Now back to the main issue and don't change the subject. The subject is: When do we expect to see the crowning of Oba, alafin, Oni of IIorin?

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 7:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Eziachi, you have disgraced yourself enough on this thread. The Yoruba people of Kogi State in Kabba/Bunu, Mopa-Amuro, Yagba East, Yagba West and Ijumu as well as those in Ilorin and other LGAs in Kwara State found themselves in the north due to the Richard Constitution of 1946 which introduced regionalism.
Olorun! So you knew such a fact? Well, where I came from, it was done by no Oyibo constitution but by two Yorubas called Obasanjo and Ayo Irikife and they called it boundary adjustment. Bro we are in the same boat.

2 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by aljharem(m): 8:02pm On Dec 29, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin looool. I wonder why you people are paying these Igbos so much attention

Remember they have made similar remarks on lagos, koi and ondo so now it's kwara's turn so what's new

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See How Amaechi Humiliated Me Before My Wife – Magnus Abe / 2019 Budget Is Built On A Very Shaky Foundation – Atiku Mock Buhari / COVID-19: Tambuwal Self-isolates, Hands-over To Deputy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.