Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Need A Developer For A Three Dimensional Store - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Need A Developer For A Three Dimensional Store (1129 Views)

How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? / Using 2-dimensional Array In C++ / Help With Fftw 3 Dimensional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need A Developer For A Three Dimensional Store by sabams08: 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2013
I am looking for a developer for my three dimensional store with this basic features

This application presents a 3D stores where the customer can navigate through the store like its real life counterpart, products are presented to the customer in their real form that is three dimensional, customers are free to touch and feel products, add products to cart and make purchases. If a customer is visiting the store for the first time a form is presented to the customers to obtain basic demographical information and for adapting the store. On subsequent visits the store is presented to the customer in an adaptive form based on the customer’s interest (this includes purchased, touched and examined products), sections of the store where the customers interest lies are presented before others.
An adaptive agent will also help customers in locating products and sections easily
The store owner is free to add more sections to the store, add products, remove products and place specials offers through banners and posters placed on the walls of the store

If you can, Please contact me through this mail address

sabams08@yahoo.com
Re: Need A Developer For A Three Dimensional Store by gameaddict(m): 10:55am On Dec 29, 2013
Find a 3d modeler to create re-usable modular 3d models of necessary brick and motar store components like shelves and large rooms. The modules can then be rearranged and reused for various store categories via 3d composition or via code or both(since it seems store owners can design their own stores) depending on how you want it. Also decide if the store navigation will be first person or 3rd person. Coder should be proficient in js or c# if you're using unity3d. If you prefer webgl, only js will be required.

You might also need an in-house modeler to create models of all your products if you want to go full 3d. or one that can just texture really well if you're going box-package style.

Finally, I hope you've considered the fact that your customers will require faster internet connections to be able to load your app? There are many things (esp. technical and usability issues) to consider in 3d apps and the fact that standalone 3d stores (in-game ones are okay) like this aren't that popular should tell you something. You're not the first to think about the idea or execute it but you might be the first to make it 'work'.

Good luck.
Re: Need A Developer For A Three Dimensional Store by Jeffahead: 2:55pm On Dec 29, 2013
Will you be presenting this work to the university as your own?
Re: Need A Developer For A Three Dimensional Store by kambo(m): 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
D bandwidth to run this your app alone wud need d customer to cut a deal for some custom data plan.
For provision stores it's pointless.
For other stores mayb.
Wud b much much better if u applied the concept to other domains like housg,real estate city layouts etc.
Or if u used 2 d animation like flash.its Lighter on everythg(cpu,bandwidth etc)
Re: Need A Developer For A Three Dimensional Store by sabams08: 12:15pm On Dec 30, 2013
Jeffahead: Will you be presenting this work to the university as your own?

I will be presenting it as my work
Re: Need A Developer For A Three Dimensional Store by sabams08: 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
gameaddict: Find a 3d modeler to create re-usable modular 3d models of necessary brick and motar store components like shelves and large rooms. The modules can then be rearranged and reused for various store categories via 3d composition or via code or both(since it seems store owners can design their own stores) depending on how you want it. Also decide if the store navigation will be first person or 3rd person. Coder should be proficient in js or c# if you're using unity3d. If you prefer webgl, only js will be required.

Can you help in implementing it, the project will not be deployed online, just need a prototype for my defense at school
Re: Need A Developer For A Three Dimensional Store by Jeffahead: 1:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
sabams08:

I will be presenting it as my work

Then perhaps you should do it yourself. What's the point of graduating with a qualification in Computer Science and not having actually done the computer science project yourself. Unless you want to be a graduate on paper only.

1 Like

Re: Need A Developer For A Three Dimensional Store by gameaddict(m): 12:02pm On Jan 01, 2014
@ sabams08: I am time-constrained by a competition I'm participating in and I have to focus on my final exams after that.

Advice: Since its a school project, you don't have to focus on having the most beautiful textured models, make use of free models on the web. For the items that will be sold, Make use of small planes facing the 3d camera directly. Texture each plane with a picture of the item it is representing.

Try looking for a 3d artist in your school/department. Maybe you can help each other out. 3D models for code/code for 3d model swap.
Re: Need A Developer For A Three Dimensional Store by BlueMagnificent(m): 3:43pm On Jan 02, 2014
Since its obvious that this is a final year project I'm sorry my assistance will be limited to instructions. First of all download blender 3d from blender.org this is to create ur 3d models including the store. You can get free models from blendswap.com registration is free. Blender has a game engine you can use in creating the virtual world with little or no programming. Or for the virtual world you can use any free game engine ( or premium ones if you gat tha bucks) to create it and then export models from blender to the game engine. For game engines you can checkout irrlicht, NeoAxis, Ogre, Unity3D etc. But to tell you the truth you have a lot of work to do so my advice would be to stick to the game engine incorporated with blender. Greetings
Re: Need A Developer For A Three Dimensional Store by csharpjava(m): 5:16pm On Jan 02, 2014
@OP

Here are some good links that will help you to quickly learn 3D modeling.

http://www.videotutorialsrock.com Video or text

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zylsMzCHmgA 3D Geometry

(1) (Reply)

Programming, Flash Animation And Webdesign Video Tutorials @500 / Get Unlimited Tutorials On Programming Through Your Mail / How To Add Page Title As H1 Tag On Wordpress Loop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.