Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. (7314 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons / What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 11:38pm On Dec 30, 2013
Image123:

hopefully, you now see why i said that they are not saved and their Mo was not assured of salvation. What you called aimless link is an online koran.

Sahih International
Or do they say, "He has invented it?" Say, "If I have invented it, you will not possess for me [the power of protection] from Allah at all. He is most knowing of that in which you are involved. Sufficient is He as Witness between me and you, and He is the Forgiving the Merciful."
46:9
to top

Sahih International
Say, "I am not something original among the messengers, nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am not but a clear warner."

those are Mo's words from the koran, not just some vision in some hadith.

You have failed to show me where it i written that he will not be saved. . .He says he doesn't know what will be done with him or them. . .The passage doesn't mention after life, doesn't mention anything. . .Its possible he was talking about a situation that is different from what you want me to believe. . .Where does it state in the koran that he is not sure of going into paradise?. . .SHOW ME!!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 31, 2013
@Image123 again. The unrepentant public liar and tithe collector. You won't go and study your bible first before jumping into an argument. Always running from one thread to the other arguing about everything without presenting facts.

Dude you better go and do something reasonable with your life before you regret it on your death bed. Pastoral work is not your calling. With the way you lie shamelessly, you would have a wonderful career being a liartologist. Nonsense!!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by peterphd(m): 12:40am On Dec 31, 2013
Image123:

And who says i'm not or have not? You like most atheists are just shooting blanks running from pillar to post. Do you have any one important thing to say, or yet another question pulled out of the pocket?

Firing blanks? Naa, I'm not a Chelsea striker.You haven't answered how you know yahweh is God and The Flying Spaghetti Monster (PBUH), alusi, alekwu, olodumare are "gods".So its like you're the one doing a Torres here until you answer the question.

PS: please when you tell us how you know, tell us why yahweh created the gods.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 1:30am On Dec 31, 2013
mazaje:

You have failed to show me where it i written that he will not be saved. . .He says he doesn't know what will be done with him or them. . .The passage doesn't mention after life, doesn't mention anything. . .Its possible he was talking about a situation that is different from what you want me to believe. . .Where does it state in the koran that he is not sure of going into paradise?. . .SHOW ME!!

i alrady did, you said they are christian apologists. i'm not interested in copy and paste or reinventing the wheel as it were, the link is still there. i guess this is your new fixation.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 1:34am On Dec 31, 2013
peterphd:

Firing blanks? Naa, I'm not a Chelsea striker.You haven't answered how you know yahweh is God and The Flying Spaghetti Monster (PBUH), alusi, alekwu, olodumare are "gods".So its like you're the one doing a Torres here until you answer the question.

PS: please when you tell us how you know, tell us why yahweh created the gods.

Deu 4:28 And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men's hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell.

most gods are the works of men. i know God is God for many reasons, one is because He is true and has saved me.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 3:32am On Dec 31, 2013
Image123:

i alrady did, you said they are christian apologists. i'm not interested in copy and paste or reinventing the wheel as it were, the link is still there. i guess this is your new fixation.

You did no such thing. . .This is what you posted from the koran. . .

Say, "I am not something original among the messengers, nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am not but a clear warner."

This lacks details. . .It does not mention the afterlife, does not mention paradies, does not mention anything. . .He could be talking about anything. . .I do not know what will be done with me or you where?. . .On what issue?. . .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 3:48am On Dec 31, 2013
mazaje:

This lacks details. . .It does not mention the afterlife, does not mention paradies, does not mention anything. . .He could be talking about anything. . .I do not know what will be done with me or you where?. . .On what issue?. . .

Dude, you should leave image123 alone, he lies at any given opportunity. And believe me, you thought you've brought proof that he didn't write? Wait and see how he's going to deny it once again even with your proof.

Let's bet on this and see.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by peterphd(m): 8:47am On Dec 31, 2013
Image123:

Deu 4:28 And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men's hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell.

most gods are the works of men. i know God is God for many reasons, one is because He is true and has saved me.

Bro, but allah has also saved many people too and allah is also true.The bible and isn't the oldest book and Hebrew isn't the oldest language.Those that used older languages had gods they worshipped so tell me how yahweh isn't a Jewish concept.Read your bible, Moses' trick from "God" of turning a stick to serpent was matched by the Egyptians and their Gods...so much for how real yahweh is and the Egyptian gods aren't.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 8:52am On Dec 31, 2013
mazaje:

Read the links i gave you, especially the one you complained of being by christians, i'm also a christian. The explanation is there.

http://www.answering-islam.org/authors/shamoun/
muhammad_salvation.html
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 8:57am On Dec 31, 2013
peterphd:

Bro, but allah has also saved many people too and allah is also true.The bible and isn't the oldest book and Hebrew isn't the oldest language.Those that used older languages had gods they worshipped so tell me how yahweh isn't a Jewish concept.Read your bible, Moses' trick from "God" of turning a stick to serpent was matched by the Egyptians and their Gods...so much for how real yahweh is and the Egyptian gods aren't.

Dunno about allah saving anybody. i'm told(even by mazaje) that muslims simply do not know if they are saved. It is left for allah to decide at the end whether they will be saved or not. That end has not come.
The older language folks are not atheists, what is your point?Can atheists perform Moses' tricks whatever that is?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 9:23am On Dec 31, 2013
mazaje:

Sure, he is presently in paradise with Allah. . .The hadith says so. . .He was taken into paradise on the back of a winged horse from the al'aqsar mosque. . .He was saved from the fires of hell to which you will go into for not accepting islam as the true path. . .

Again time to read what the muslin view is in the yahoo link
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090830185320AAtaIxt

The hadith was a vision purportedly. He came back to earth and as a good muslim did not know if he would be saved when he died. Any s Linda can have a vision, not the same as being presently in paradise, understand?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 9:34am On Dec 31, 2013
mazaje:

Sure, he is presently in paradise with Allah. . .The hadith says so. . .He was taken into paradise on the back of a winged horse from the al'aqsar mosque. . .He was saved from the fires of hell to which you will go into for not accepting islam as the true path. . .

All the hadith links and koran links are on the internet. Hear from Mo himself in this hadith. Check up those links and the hadiths and koran passages quoted.

http://www.quranexplorer.com/Hadith/English/index.html
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 9:35am On Dec 31, 2013
dp]
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 1:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
Alexk2: I dont think angry is the correct word, bro....itz 'pity' d fellow.
talking from experience, i pity whoever think/blv there is no God.
how can u watch the intelligent design of the earth and all itz skies, the plants and man and still think there is no intelligent brain(God) behind all that...'a fool say to themselves, there is no God' psalm 14:1...

By 'God' you should first understand that it/they are not of human nature or physic but unseen forces that sustain the universe. Many of you Abrahamics are so into this 'skydaddy' thing that intelligent people can't take you seriously.
True God doesn't have a brain, leg, hand or butt to sit on a throne.
These are mere personified figures to give meaning and better understanding of the universe especially in the Old days as this method made it easier to explain creation and nature.

Your Bible God doesn't exist, and until you realize that No God choses a people above others, or originates from the middle east or begats a human child you might never know Who God truly is. And you would keep living an illusion
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 1:53pm On Dec 31, 2013
Image123:

Google is still free in case you cannot read a koran. Try
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090830185320AAtaIxt

also, try http://www.answering-islam.org/authors/shamoun/muhammad_salvation.html

That is just to start with. You can do your research. What makes a believer not corrupt as an unbeliever is that the blood of Jesus has washed him and made him a new man. Its like formatting a corrupt file, or using an antivirus.
Smh this is really sad and degrading for the human brain to give this kind of output
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 2:00pm On Dec 31, 2013
Atigba: i intend asking the same question,there is a colleague of mine who doesnt believe in God, majority of people in my office hate him for that but he is nice.He is the most truthful and sincere person i have ever come across in my life..All the religions people in my office steal government money he is the only one that believed in doing the right thing i love him for that.

Goodness is of the heart(not literal), The most religious Christians are horrible hypocrites who are far from what they preach.
A God is not responsible for Your deeds, only You are, and all deeds are recorded and rewarded by the Universe itself. It's wise to always exchange and interact with positive energies while trying to keep your world in balance with good character. Bad deeds only destroy the soul(not literal)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 2:05pm On Dec 31, 2013
vizkiz: Only a FOOL wuld look in2 d heavens n say there is no God...Only MAD MAN wuld look in2 d sea n say dt d fishes are a mistake...even d babalawo can testify that there is only one Jehovah. So who r u 2 tell me dt my God no dey exist?undecided
Pls stop your dumb fingers from typing this rubbish next time.

Babalawo have no business with Jehovah
Orunmila baba Ifa is the patron of All Babalawo
And Yes Your skydaddy god doesn't exist
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 2:08pm On Dec 31, 2013
Mzsolex: now it's obvious you've lost it... Where on this forum did i ever say there's no Zeus, I don't know dat thing I don't wan't to and I don't give a f.uck about it existence.

Y'all just frustrated mofo's. #peacez
Actually you know Zeus but don't just know that it's Zeus.
Go outside and look at the sky especially towards the top a mountain that's were Zeus lays sustaining the earth from above
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 2:09pm On Dec 31, 2013
weed-taker:
Because they want you to know that they are truly worshiping God and not that native doctor that you think they are worshiping. grin
Who worships native doctor
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 2:12pm On Dec 31, 2013
peterphd:
Same way olodumare is universal.he created the world.just ask macof
True
Olodumare is the Great Creator above All Gods- others are his heavenly children including Yahweh
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2013
Image123:

No, He's not Jewish or any tribe. He is Lord of heaven and earth.

Read your Bible probably, Yahweh is made to look like a racist evil demon father of the Hebrews
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 2:16pm On Dec 31, 2013
Image123:

No contradiction. There is one God and many gods. Beside God, there is no other God. Would be stunning if you understand this line.
There is nothing like gods or God
All are Gods
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 31, 2013
macof:

Goodness is of the heart(not literal), The most religious Christians are horrible hypocrites who are far from what they preach.

I 100% agree. See how Josh for example shamelessly lies on this thread.

www.nairaland.com/1574104/did-god-create-galaxies-blackholes/1

Read my exchanges with him.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 2:37pm On Dec 31, 2013
Mzsolex: enforced you say?, if 1/4 of these things are enforced you think you'll still be who you are now... Ofcourse there's freewill, reason why a xtrian won't force xtianity down ur throat(that is not thesame 4 a particular religion). @homosexuallity, ]b]even a Sango worshipper will frown at that one.[/b] It has a lot 2 do wit morality than wit religion. Lemme ask you this question, can you hold down a human and slit his throat?
Wrong! Spirituality doesn't determine your way of life neither does it dictate how to live it. tradition does.
A Sango worshiper to me doesn't have be Yoruba, because Sango is For All.
Understanding him is what makes the difference, As Germans call Sango Thor, Igbo call him Amadioha. Sango exists everywhere in every pagan society.
now to tradition- homosexual is a taboo in Yoruba customs but in Most parts of Europe it is not.
Now an European Sango worshipper(who calls Sango another name) would not have anything against homosexuality because their tradition allows it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by peterphd(m): 2:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
Image123:

Dunno about allah saving anybody. i'm told(even by mazaje) that muslims simply do not know if they are saved. It is left for allah to decide at the end whether they will be saved or not. That end has not come.
The older language folks are not atheists, what is your point?Can atheists perform Moses' tricks whatever that is?

Good! Muslims don't know if they're saved.how about Buddhists and other religious people?The older language folks had gods that could perform the same alleged tricks as your god so why should I believe you if an Egyptian can do a stick-serpent jig which is yahweh's trump card?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by peterphd(m): 2:40pm On Dec 31, 2013
macof:
True
Olodumare is the Great Creator above All Gods- others are his heavenly children including Yahweh

True only to yoruba history and literature same for the bible (Jewish literature)
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2013
Image123:

John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Including planet Saturn which happens to be the symbol of The Greek God Cronus?
I doubt that your Bible knew anything about outer space
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 2:52pm On Dec 31, 2013
mazaje:

Another contradiction in the bible , eh?. . .

Isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me,

From there is no god but me to i am the god of gods or the best of the gods. . . grin
grin grin
like Someone said "Bible is a book that turns people to crazy idiots"
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 2:53pm On Dec 31, 2013
Image123:

Who is this Jewish god? If you're referring to Jehovah, He is the Lord and Creator of all. BTW, have atheists stopped doubting the existence of a creator or wetin be "you say". i don't know who is olodumare. i would not be surprised though if it is yet another of Jehovah's names. In that case, He created all things.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wikI/Olódùmarè
Now you know Olodumare
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
peterphd:

True only to yoruba history and literature same for the bible (Jewish literature)

You right though, even the Hebrew ancestors knew there were other Gods and El Elyon was the supreme, Yahweh was a mountain God.
The Bible is a corrupted book

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 3:13pm On Dec 31, 2013
Image123:

Answer his question.
Were the Egyptians serving a God or not?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
Image123:

I don't know how this makes sense to you. But if You think some Gods can be created by men then I fear you have lost ur senses.
Fastest way of becoming an atheist is listening to people like you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Africans And Superstition / Top 10 Churches You Would Find At Every Corner In Nigeria / Ifa Divination For A Client In My Shrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.