Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor (3968 Views)

There Is Great Danger Ahead For Nigeria, Gowon Warns / Azubyke Wanjoku RVHA Kelga APC Aspirant Threatening "Dem Go See Danger" / I See Danger Ahead If N5000 Note Is Introduced --ICAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by kglamour(m): 12:55am On Dec 29, 2013
My grouse against northern governors’
As the world celebrated Boxing Day, National President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, played host to two Niger Delta governors, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State and his Akwa Ibom State counterpart, Obong Godswill Akpabio, among others at the 8th edition of Word of Life Bible Church/Eagle Flight Micro-Finance Bank poverty reduction programme where he gave out six brand new cars, 15 tricycles and 100 grinding machines. Impressed by the gesture, the two governors and Mr. Erhuani Godbless donated the sum of N30 million to assist the next poverty alleviation programme. While Akpabio gave N250,000 each to the first four persons who won cars, Uduaghan opted to buy fuel for the six persons who won cars in a process described as a free and fair election. Before the programme that took place on Ajamimogha Road, Warri, the CAN President spoke on the essence of Christmas and some national issues. Our SAM EYOBOKA was there. Excerpts:
This is Christmas, a season of love, giving and the rest. What is the essence of the season?
The most powerful verse in the Holy Bible is John 3:16: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him will not perish but have everlasting life”. Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given. Basically, Christmas is about giving. God gave His son to man, that’s why Jesus came. He came on a mission to rescue man from obvious destruction. Man had fallen, now God wanted to restore man. But in restoring man, He didn’t just say He wanted to rescue man, He set a precedence—He gave.
So if you are going to celebrate Christmas properly, we must put in focus the main issue about Christmas, and it’s giving. So, first of all, He gave His son so that we may be saved and know that heaven is secure. But while we are in this world, how do we genuinely celebrate what God gave? Wise men came and they also gave. So if we are wise today, what we must do is to give; give to the less privileged, give especially to those who will never be able to probably give back to you.
To me, that is the giving that touches God most. When you give to people who don’t have the capacity to give you back; it shows that you believe that, first of all, what you are doing is right, also you know that it’s only God that can reward you.
It’s very painful and pathetic for me to see what Christmas has become, but that must not stop us from celebrating. It’s sad, because it has become a commercial venture, where people sell this and that.
The worst of it is not just even the selling, it’s the killing and the maiming and destruction. People get drunk and do all kinds of crazy stuff in the name of Christmas. Yesterday, Christmas day, some people died; they didn’t die because they were sick, they died because they were stupid.
In the name of Christmas, people get drunk and have accidents that take their lives. In my own opinion, 99 per cent of people in this world, either they don’t understand what Christmas is, or they don’t want to understand what Christmas is, because when you see the way people do certain things, the extent which they go….People literally don’t go to church on Christmas day. It’s surprising to me that the person you are celebrating is the Church Himself, and yet you won’t go to Church on Christmas day, so what exactly are you celebrating?
The essence of living is to touch lives, and this is an incredible opportunity and season to do just that, and that is why we do what we do every December 26, apart from all what we do throughout the year. The painful thing sometimes is that, Nigeria does not know what we do; I still open newspapers and read where people are saying Pastor Ayo doesn’t care about anybody. I ask myself, are these people normal?
Marginalisation
For example, two weeks ago, the Christian Association of Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, led by Rtd Gen Piko, visited me in Abuja on a solidarity visit. I didn’t even know they existed, and in the spirit of Christmas, when they shared how pathetic their situation is today in Nigeria, I wept. I had to look for two million naira to give to them to start something like a revolving loan. Some things that certain people do appear on front pages, but 99 per cent of Nigerians don’t even know what happened.
These people came from Jigawa, Sokoto, Kano, Kaduna, Zamfara. They are the real core northerners that we are talking about. They lamented that the Federal Government is spending huge sums establishing Almajiri schools across the North, asking what about our own children? ‘Our children can’t go to those schools. We are more marginalized than anybody else, we are seen as Fulanis, we are seen as Hausas, Kanuris, but we are not treated as such; even by our own people, just for the single reason that we are Christians’.
• Oritsejafor
• Oritsejafor
And I asked a question, ‘where are the civil rights groups in this country?’ Where are all these groups in Nigeria? What is their mission? Because, sometimes, when I see them go after certain issues, forgive me but sometimes I feel like these are paid events that they do.
‘Bauchi govt illegally altered LGA’
Five days ago, the Sarawa nation, an ethnic nationality from Bauchi State, in the Tafawa Balewa Bogoro local government area, also paid me a solidarity visit. They have chosen their paramount ruler, but the governor refused to give him a staff of office. Why? Because they are Christians.
The headquarters of their local government was removed. That should not be because, according to the 1999 Nigerian Constitution, nobody except the National Assembly can alter local government headquarters. Bauchi State government did it. They moved it. The only girl secondary school in their area was closed down by the governor and Muslim girls were moved to other schools, but Christian girls were left to roam the streets.
People are celebrating Nelson Mandela, do they tell the full story of Mandela? They say Mandela was a man of peace, a man of forgiveness, that’s wonderful. Is that all that Mandela represented?
Mandela didn’t go to jail because he was shaking the hands of white men! Mandela went to jail for exactly the reason I’m explaining here now. Mandela was, at a point, labeled a terrorist. Mandela, at a point, refused to dialogue with these people because he said anybody who doesn’t see him as a human being, he would not sit and discuss with him. He did what I would rather not do; he took up arms.
There was division in his ANC, but his own side opted to take up arms and he did and he was arrested and jailed for treason and other things. He stayed in jail for 27 years. Why did he stay in jail? Because he was fighting for the freedom of the marginalized, persecuted, dehumanized people. Mandela would never have come out of prison if apartheid did not stop. It was because apartheid came to an end that he accepted to come out of jail, if not; he would have stayed in prison. But when he came out of prison, he forgave. Why? His forgiveness shows that what he was doing, he was not doing it because he hated the white man, but because he hated what they were doing.
Discrimination
When I say things like this, people say ‘oh he hates Muslims’ , no! I don’t hate Muslims, but I hate this discrimination which started long before Boko Haram.
I gave the Sarawa people N2.5 million. Bishop John Praise was there when they visited and he added N500,000 to make it N3 million that we gave to start a revolving loan scheme. You can go to the states where these people are, the governors will spend N300 million to build mosques and yet churches are destroyed, and they will not pay compensation or rebuild the church buildings or help rehabilitate lives; widows, orphans.
These governors squander huge sums of money on different things and don’t really care about these indigenous people. These are voiceless people; I have a calling to be a voice for these people who no one else will hear or even know that they exist. The first step to their liberation is recognition. This nation must recognize that these people do exist all over the North. Yes we have in the South, but its a serious issue in the North. These are people who nobody cares about. As we speak, there are people who are refugees in Cameroon and they are from Gwarzo in Borno State.
What is the governor doing? Why can’t he bring them back? Why can’t he rehabilitate them and take care of them? Just because they are Christians.
There are few who are Muslims, but about 80 per cent of them are Christians. They are in camps. I was told that there are some government officials who were even denying that they existed, and yet United Nations are doing their best, going to some of these people and trying to give them helping hands.
Yes, the Federal Government must get involved, but it is in Abuja. There is no voice, nobody is saying anything. I am doing my best to say something but they are drowning my voice! Certain persons want to divert attention by making it look like I’m wining and dining with government and that’s why I sleep in Aso Rock, that is my home.
‘Where are the govs’?
Let’s get back to the topic, this is a season of giving and I’m doing my little best. Now I’m helping Gov. Yuguda to take care of his people, I’m not a state governor. How much do I have? I’m helping Borno State governor to take care of his people.
If you know how much I’ve sent to those refugee camps. I bought grains for them about a month ago worth N1 million; two weeks ago, I gave out money to buy them things for Christmas in four different camps. There was a group that was displaced from Yobe State who are now being camped in Jos as we speak for at least two years. They had to run for their lives. They are in one abandoned hotel. Somebody appealed to me, so I’m trying to look for something to send to them for Christmas. Where is the governor of Yobe State? Does he care? Because they are Christians. So nobody will do or say anything. It’s pathetic. We are doing our best to try and touch people and change lives. This is that season.
You spend so much money every year for this empowerment program. Year in year out, you have refused to disclose how much you spend. What are you giving out this year?
Well, we are giving out six brand new cars, that people who get them will use as taxi. Yesterday, at the Christmas service, a couple came to me and gave me a gift. The young lady said she was the first lady that won a car a few years back. And here she was with her husband, coming to give me Christmas gift. What that tells you is that their lives have changed. I was so touched that tears came to my eyes. I said to myself, it’s worth it. And she kept saying ‘I was the first person that won a car’, now she’s married and their lives have changed, they are living like human beings, because, through that one car, they have been able to do other things. But, basically, they are able to have an income; things are going very well for them now. I am hoping again that six persons lives will be changed today.
Then we have 15 tricycles. Then we have about 100 grinding machines. We have people whose lives have been transformed through ordinary grinding machine. Some of those who won’t be able to get these things, I might be able to share about 100 bags of rice as well. Some people who couldn’t get anything naturally will feel a bit depressed. I can’t help everybody. We have a hundred bags here; probably we’ll share into two, two to one bag, that gives you about 200 people who will be able to share 100 bags just at least to give them some hope and joy that at least they got something out of the process. These are some of the things we are doing today.
It is obvious you are so passionate about the plight of the less privileged. In your interactions with the president of Nigeria and the governor of this state, for instance, do you try to let them know what the people are going through?
I do. I don’t speak for government but I noticed that they have tagged the federal budget of 2014 as budget of employment. I don’t know whether it’s for some of the things that some of us keep saying that has led to this, because the situation is really bad. People are hungry and are suffering. I think, apart from education, unemployment is probably a major challenge in this country today. People need to be gainfully employed.
I threw a challenge at the October 1 service held on September 28 or 29 or thereabouts at the National Christian Center with several state governors and the president were seated. I said I would like a situation where all elected and appointed office holders in Nigeria across the board, from local government to the Presidency, forfeit half of their salaries for one year, and such money should be put into a dedicated account, to be manged by credible Nigerians. The money should be used to create employment.
Do you know it didn’t appear in any newspaper the next day? I’m the only one that has been brave enough to make such a statement but nobody carried it. I wonder sometimes what the media really wants to report. Do you know that if that thing was carried, it becomes an editorial issue, and there was a lot of pressure from the press, public, everywhere, probably by now it would have materialized? Do you know how much that would amount to? It would run into billions and that could be helpful on one side that could be used to establish medium scale industries across the country that would create employment for a lot of young people.
Since no paper carried it the next day, the story ended, because it’s coming from Pastor Ayo. It’s like the press has made a pledge that anything I say or do that will benefit the ordinary people must not be carried. But when they perceive or think that this will put him in bad light, they put it on front page. I’m just giving you an example of what I did publicly, not even privately.
Would you therefore say you are disappointed by the attitude of government to the plight of the ordinary Nigerian citizens, because there’s no reason why the Delta State government, for instance, should not collaborate with you?
There is no reason they should not. But a few years ago, the governor gave us N10 million to assist in what we were doing. This was about three or four years ago. I don’t want to sound like I’m pulling people down, I want to encourage them to be able to do as much as possible, but there’s a lot they can help us to do, especially those of us who have the heart to do some of these things. I have discovered that government alone can’t do these things, they need private partnership. I think there should be a partnership between the private sector and the public sector, the government and philanthropic organizations, genuine NGOs. A lot of NGOs are fake. But I think there should be a partnership so that government can be relieved of certain things so they can concentrate on other things. And they can take credit for a lot of it too, because they can finance some of those things and it will go a long way to help the average Nigerian. So government can do more, much more than what they are doing. I’m hoping and believing that 2014 will be better, because I’ve heard a lot from government. So lets wait and see. They need to do something and they need to do it fast.
We are moving into 2014, the centenary anniversary of the nation’s amalgamation, and there has been issues concerning this amalgamation, whether we should continue as one. From your own point of view, what do you think?
I think from all what you are saying, that’s the more reason the national conference is extremely necessary. You could call it any name you want. Let me go to the extreme to say if even what is done or said is not adopted anywhere, but it will give Nigerians an opportunity to talk. We need to talk. In my own opinion, the level of impunity, pride by certain group of people, some almost feel like they own Nigeria, all kinds of things are going on. So I think that is the more reason the national conference is absolutely necessary, because, as far as I’m concerned, at the national conference, everything should be on the table, nothing should be left out. One of the things it will do, it will heal people, because they will be able to speak their minds.
Anything that is bottled in will either implode or explode. But when you are able to say it, you are relieved. In the process of saying it, you’ll really know what is on my mind and I’ll know what’s in your mind and we can agree or disagree. I think we have reached the point where just a group of people should not determine the destiny of the nation; I think Nigerians should decide what they want and how they want it. In my own opinion, it is a part of the democratic process and we must do it very quickly. I’m glad I hear that it’s going to take place in February; that, to me, is one of the legacies of Jonathan’s administration and he should make sure it is guided properly so that it takes place in a wide atmosphere for people to really speak their mind. I think it’s the right step in the right direction.
If you look at what is going on in the polity today, there is a kind of gang-up between the Muslim South- west and the North-west that is predominantly Muslims ahead of 2015. What is your concern? Do you think they are up to something?
To be honest with you, I’m very troubled. They don’t like people like us saying certain things. At the end of the day, they look at us and say ‘you are the one that is heating up the polity’, but it is strange because all we do is react to the reactions of other people. What you have just described is exactly what some of us are seeing that is very frightening. Are we aligning along religious line? Because if that is what is happening, it is very dangerous for Nigeria. Obviously, it is not all of the South-west, it is like the Muslim South-w est, the far North Muslims. It is very frightening, it shouldn’t be, and they shouldn’t pretend about this, they should come out and tell the truth because that’s what we see here. I don’t want to comment on political parties because I’m not a politician, I’m not going to that extent, but we should not do that. We should please allow Nigeria be and allow the people to decide what they want. It’s a very dangerous direction if we go that way. The body language we see is not good for this nation, and I think the media must help us to get the message across that this is very dangerous for the unity of this nation and I pray that it shouldn’t go that way so that we can come today and not try to divide this nation. I’m being very selective in my words. I wish Nigeria well. I believe that 2013 was a year of discovery, 2014 for me is a year of recovery. I see Nigeria being able to recover. We have an incredible opportunity to recover and I hope and pray and believe God for recovery.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/2015-see-danger-ahead-oritsejafor/
http://naijapolnews..com/2013/12/2015-i-see-danger-ahead-oritsejafor.html

Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by Nobody: 1:51am On Dec 29, 2013
Bling bling bling 50 Carat pastor should sell his private jet and use the money to build churches that were destroyed by Islamists. He complained throughout the interview but he has the resources and connection to do right by those people who he claims had been suffering for years in the North. If he can sell his jet today, the proceeds from the jet can be used in building churches and turning the lives of the poor around. Wouldn't that be a noble course?

8 Likes

Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by FunnyPikincom(m): 3:30am On Dec 29, 2013
[b]Pastor OritseJETfor is a known Alarmist. Must you tell the whole world what you have done for christian communities in the North?
Is there anything bad in sharing the loot he swapped from his Co-Criminals in Govt Houses across the country?
And If i may ask, What impact does his Thieving GOV have on Muslims Native of Agbor in his own Delta state, How many of them has he helped. I have an Deltan Muslim Guy as friend, he studied Petro-chemical engineering and yet to secure juicy job like his peers in oil company just because he is a Muslim. Its everywhere and not peculiar to North alone.
How many Southern Muslims are in GEJ cabinet? Are you telling us that there are no Muslims in the south?
Someone should tell this Merchant of Gospel to be very careful with his Unguarded utterances as it does no Good but accumulate more enemies to his Political Mentee in Aso-Rock
Im sure he was high on Warri made undilluted Ogororo while making this statement and i wont take him serious
[/b] undecided undecided
Nonsense angry angry angry

17 Likes

Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by Infomizer(m): 3:39am On Dec 29, 2013
Yeye dey smell!
Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by CircleOfWilis: 3:42am On Dec 29, 2013
he has lost his relevance as CAN president, he toks alot, toks on every silly tin, he supports GEJ with all his might while forgettin the place of constructive critisicism........
.adonbeliv the guy is represntin Christians!

7 Likes

Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by Wsdm: 3:54am On Dec 29, 2013
It is clear to me that this man does not even know the North. Taraba state, Plateu state and benue state respectively are presently been ruled by Christians; there are commissioners, reps, senators and even deputy governors all Christians from the same north that this man is claiming have been marginalized. Because few hungry people came to beg you for money using hypnotic theories you now start to talk any how. If you are truly not partisan, why have you not seen any thing wrong in Jonathan's mountainous misdeeds in Nigeria?

12 Likes

Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by edo3(m): 4:31am On Dec 29, 2013
His yeye belle is potruding day in day out..must u disclose wt u give out n d recipient name?? God please do somtn to stop ds so called men of God dt are usin ur name 4 selfish purposes..

6 Likes

Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by maxwellsmith: 4:53am On Dec 29, 2013
Jesus is too much Bling Bling!!!** singing in mentain's voice*
Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by IleIfe2(m): 5:13am On Dec 29, 2013
Spiritual swagger. 1 chain, 2 chain's brother.
Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by sammyzacks(m): 6:21am On Dec 29, 2013
God bless you Pastor. You seem to be the only southerner who understands the plight of norther Christians.
One day Everybody's eyes will open and we will see that the true problem of Nigeria is religious intolerance.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by POPEII: 6:31am On Dec 29, 2013
May God protect our Christian brothers who are being persecuted and living in Fear in the North. I hope they won't misuse the money, they need to settle a local radio in order to spread the gospel and voice their opinions or talk about the daily persecutions they face.

Meanwhile why do muslims hate this man? And CAN in general?

3 Likes

Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by Jman06(m): 6:38am On Dec 29, 2013
The condition of the christian northerners is truely worrisome, especially those of them in the northwest and northeast. Prior to my sojourn in the north, i thought all northerners were muslims like some people try to make it seem. But my first and best friend on campus happened to be a christian from nasarawa state. I got to know that even in far away sokoto and borno states, a handful of christians exists. However, all these christians have one thing in common, and that is, marginalization or betterstill, enslavement by their muslim neighbours. It is appalling that some people here have resorted to castigating the CAN president instead of making useful contributions on how to address the issues raised in the interview. We should be talking about how to rehabilitate those Nigerians in refugee camps in Cameroun and other places, how to build schools for those christian youths just like the FG is building almajiri schools for their muslim counterparts, how to get the Bauchi state government to reinstate the removed headquarter of Balewa local government area and present staff of office to the elected paramount ruler of Sarawa nation, how to address the various injustices against northern christians just like southern muslims are treated with equality despite being in clear minority.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by egift(m): 6:44am On Dec 29, 2013
Ayo Oritsejafor if Jesus could say these to the Pharisees, I wonder what he will say to a PDP stooge like you.

23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.
Matt 23 v 23

2 Likes

Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by Tuntheycr7: 7:14am On Dec 29, 2013
I beg someone shud summerize this joor.

But goin by the topic, he shud starts praying na abi E no de chop money from politics ?
Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by Garrithe1st: 7:16am On Dec 29, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=B5GStiYnAf4

One thousand five Naira bling-bling wen some boy dem dey wear........ Late Mallam Spicey

cheesy
Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:39am On Dec 29, 2013
Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:40am On Dec 29, 2013

1 Like

Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 29, 2013
pastors ought to the optimistic in any situation,how come our so called pastors always see doom,instead of boom.
All his braggings lack any virtue of humility,why tell the public what you have done,afterall you are doing God's work,let God reward you secretly.
Nigerian pastors will fit as WWE superstar,they have sweet mouth.
Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by omenka(m): 7:42am On Dec 29, 2013
I don't bother myself reading anything that comes from this gangster. He's an embodiment of disgrace to christiandom in Nigeria. The only danger I see ahead is him and his cohorts winding up in kirikiri maximum after 2015.

Effing troglodyte.

5 Likes

Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by Tsmooth1(m): 7:48am On Dec 29, 2013
Oritsejafor is right in some aspect. The way North (Hausas) are treating thier minority you will think they are less of human than there other counterparts. I believe they should be equality for everybody. They should see far beyond religion and know that diversity is a strength and not problem. On the other hand Oritsejafor as a leader should also criticise this gov't for it encouragement of corruption.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by CHAIRMAN1(m): 7:52am On Dec 29, 2013
When Mallam spicey die? Abi na you kill am? Take your time, this man undecided angry
Garri the 1st: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=B5GStiYnAf4

One thousand five Naira bling-bling wen some boy dem dey wear........ Late Mallam Spicey

cheesy
Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by Gamji007: 8:03am On Dec 29, 2013
I wish to know, how many times has this Ayo been to the northern states to commiserate with his christian community?

Just because some group of 419ners come to you with rumours, you begin to utter nonsense.

He sits in his comfort zone and tries to instigate others to resort to violence.

I call on all christians(sensible) to look for ways to tame this gangstar for his continual disgrace to the christian community.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by egift(m): 8:10am On Dec 29, 2013

1 Like

Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by alaoeri: 8:17am On Dec 29, 2013
Jman06: The condition of the christian northerners is truely worrisome, especially those of them in the northwest and northeast. Prior to my sojourn in the north, i thought all northerners were muslims like some people try to make it seem. But my first and best friend on campus happened to be a christian from nasarawa state. I got to know that even in far away sokoto and borno states, a handful of christians exists. However, all these christians have one thing in common, and that is, marginalization or betterstill, enslavement by their muslim neighbours. It is appalling that some people here have resorted to castigating the CAN president instead of making useful contributions on how to address the issues raised in the interview. We should be talking about how to rehabilitate those Nigerians in refugee camps in Cameroun and other places, how to build schools for those christian youths just like the FG is building almajiri schools for their muslim counterparts, how to get the Bauchi state government to reinstate the removed headquarter of Balewa local government area and present staff of office to the elected paramount ruler of Sarawa nation, how to address the various injustices against northern christians just like southern muslims are treated with equality despite being in clear minority.
Which southern muslims are treated equally with their xtian counterpart? Have u ever heard or visited Agbor or Auchi areas of Delta & Edo states respectively and see how injustice is being melted on the muslims minority? Am very sure bling bling pastor is aware of these happening in his domain yet he kept mute just because they ain't ppl of the same faith with him & accusing the northerners what he's also guilty of, political man of GOD. smh

3 Likes

Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by Brimmie(m): 8:19am On Dec 29, 2013
Hey Guys!!

Remember, touch not my anointed? cheesy cheesy

Yeye dey smell!
Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by otokx(m): 8:49am On Dec 29, 2013
The title is misleading and has little relationship on the body.
Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by Garrithe1st: 8:55am On Dec 29, 2013
CHAIRMAN1: When Mallam spicey die? Abi na you kill am? Take your time, this man undecided angry

His music career is dead!!!!

tongue tongue
Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by jamace(m): 9:00am On Dec 29, 2013
Nigeria has been living dangerously right from inception. What has kept us together has been the fact that a part of Nigeria has been doing the slapping while the other has been doing the turn the other cheek. But right now, the turn the other cheek group is tired of being treated like slaves in their land and are ready to do it slap for slap.

We should stop deceiving ourselves that we were meant to stay together. The national conference is a great avenue to discuss issues militating against the development and progress of this country. Suffering and smiling is no longer acceptable, therefore, I urge all Nigerians to embrace the dialogue for the good of this country. Forget those politicians who are condemning the national dialogue. Such politicians are selfish and are the ones benefitng from the confusion in the country.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by IAMBREEZY: 9:00am On Dec 29, 2013
Bling bling nigga
Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 29, 2013
I'm sure he saw it when flying wit his jet
Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by fiizznation: 9:25am On Dec 29, 2013
[s]
kglamour: My grouse against northern governors’
As the world celebrated Boxing Day, National President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, played host to two Niger Delta governors, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State and his Akwa Ibom State counterpart, Obong Godswill Akpabio, among others at the 8th edition of Word of Life Bible Church/Eagle Flight Micro-Finance Bank poverty reduction programme where he gave out six brand new cars, 15 tricycles and 100 grinding machines. Impressed by the gesture, the two governors and Mr. Erhuani Godbless donated the sum of N30 million to assist the next poverty alleviation programme. While Akpabio gave N250,000 each to the first four persons who won cars, Uduaghan opted to buy fuel for the six persons who won cars in a process described as a free and fair election. Before the programme that took place on Ajamimogha Road, Warri, the CAN President spoke on the essence of Christmas and some national issues. Our SAM EYOBOKA was there. Excerpts:
This is Christmas, a season of love, giving and the rest. What is the essence of the season?
The most powerful verse in the Holy Bible is John 3:16: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him will not perish but have everlasting life”. Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given. Basically, Christmas is about giving. God gave His son to man, that’s why Jesus came. He came on a mission to rescue man from obvious destruction. Man had fallen, now God wanted to restore man. But in restoring man, He didn’t just say He wanted to rescue man, He set a precedence—He gave.
So if you are going to celebrate Christmas properly, we must put in focus the main issue about Christmas, and it’s giving. So, first of all, He gave His son so that we may be saved and know that heaven is secure. But while we are in this world, how do we genuinely celebrate what God gave? Wise men came and they also gave. So if we are wise today, what we must do is to give; give to the less privileged, give especially to those who will never be able to probably give back to you.
To me, that is the giving that touches God most. When you give to people who don’t have the capacity to give you back; it shows that you believe that, first of all, what you are doing is right, also you know that it’s only God that can reward you.
It’s very painful and pathetic for me to see what Christmas has become, but that must not stop us from celebrating. It’s sad, because it has become a commercial venture, where people sell this and that.
The worst of it is not just even the selling, it’s the killing and the maiming and destruction. People get drunk and do all kinds of crazy stuff in the name of Christmas. Yesterday, Christmas day, some people died; they didn’t die because they were sick, they died because they were stupid.
In the name of Christmas, people get drunk and have accidents that take their lives. In my own opinion, 99 per cent of people in this world, either they don’t understand what Christmas is, or they don’t want to understand what Christmas is, because when you see the way people do certain things, the extent which they go….People literally don’t go to church on Christmas day. It’s surprising to me that the person you are celebrating is the Church Himself, and yet you won’t go to Church on Christmas day, so what exactly are you celebrating?
The essence of living is to touch lives, and this is an incredible opportunity and season to do just that, and that is why we do what we do every December 26, apart from all what we do throughout the year. The painful thing sometimes is that, Nigeria does not know what we do; I still open newspapers and read where people are saying Pastor Ayo doesn’t care about anybody. I ask myself, are these people normal?
Marginalisation
For example, two weeks ago, the Christian Association of Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, led by Rtd Gen Piko, visited me in Abuja on a solidarity visit. I didn’t even know they existed, and in the spirit of Christmas, when they shared how pathetic their situation is today in Nigeria, I wept. I had to look for two million naira to give to them to start something like a revolving loan. Some things that certain people do appear on front pages, but 99 per cent of Nigerians don’t even know what happened.
These people came from Jigawa, Sokoto, Kano, Kaduna, Zamfara. They are the real core northerners that we are talking about. They lamented that the Federal Government is spending huge sums establishing Almajiri schools across the North, asking what about our own children? ‘Our children can’t go to those schools. We are more marginalized than anybody else, we are seen as Fulanis, we are seen as Hausas, Kanuris, but we are not treated as such; even by our own people, just for the single reason that we are Christians’.
• Oritsejafor
• Oritsejafor
And I asked a question, ‘where are the civil rights groups in this country?’ Where are all these groups in Nigeria? What is their mission? Because, sometimes, when I see them go after certain issues, forgive me but sometimes I feel like these are paid events that they do.
‘Bauchi govt illegally altered LGA’
Five days ago, the Sarawa nation, an ethnic nationality from Bauchi State, in the Tafawa Balewa Bogoro local government area, also paid me a solidarity visit. They have chosen their paramount ruler, but the governor refused to give him a staff of office. Why? Because they are Christians.
The headquarters of their local government was removed. That should not be because, according to the 1999 Nigerian Constitution, nobody except the National Assembly can alter local government headquarters. Bauchi State government did it. They moved it. The only girl secondary school in their area was closed down by the governor and Muslim girls were moved to other schools, but Christian girls were left to roam the streets.
People are celebrating Nelson Mandela, do they tell the full story of Mandela? They say Mandela was a man of peace, a man of forgiveness, that’s wonderful. Is that all that Mandela represented?
Mandela didn’t go to jail because he was shaking the hands of white men! Mandela went to jail for exactly the reason I’m explaining here now. Mandela was, at a point, labeled a terrorist. Mandela, at a point, refused to dialogue with these people because he said anybody who doesn’t see him as a human being, he would not sit and discuss with him. He did what I would rather not do; he took up arms.
There was division in his ANC, but his own side opted to take up arms and he did and he was arrested and jailed for treason and other things. He stayed in jail for 27 years. Why did he stay in jail? Because he was fighting for the freedom of the marginalized, persecuted, dehumanized people. Mandela would never have come out of prison if apartheid did not stop. It was because apartheid came to an end that he accepted to come out of jail, if not; he would have stayed in prison. But when he came out of prison, he forgave. Why? His forgiveness shows that what he was doing, he was not doing it because he hated the white man, but because he hated what they were doing.
Discrimination
When I say things like this, people say ‘oh he hates Muslims’ , no! I don’t hate Muslims, but I hate this discrimination which started long before Boko Haram.
I gave the Sarawa people N2.5 million. Bishop John Praise was there when they visited and he added N500,000 to make it N3 million that we gave to start a revolving loan scheme. You can go to the states where these people are, the governors will spend N300 million to build mosques and yet churches are destroyed, and they will not pay compensation or rebuild the church buildings or help rehabilitate lives; widows, orphans.
These governors squander huge sums of money on different things and don’t really care about these indigenous people. These are voiceless people; I have a calling to be a voice for these people who no one else will hear or even know that they exist. The first step to their liberation is recognition. This nation must recognize that these people do exist all over the North. Yes we have in the South, but its a serious issue in the North. These are people who nobody cares about. As we speak, there are people who are refugees in Cameroon and they are from Gwarzo in Borno State.
What is the governor doing? Why can’t he bring them back? Why can’t he rehabilitate them and take care of them? Just because they are Christians.
There are few who are Muslims, but about 80 per cent of them are Christians. They are in camps. I was told that there are some government officials who were even denying that they existed, and yet United Nations are doing their best, going to some of these people and trying to give them helping hands.
Yes, the Federal Government must get involved, but it is in Abuja. There is no voice, nobody is saying anything. I am doing my best to say something but they are drowning my voice! Certain persons want to divert attention by making it look like I’m wining and dining with government and that’s why I sleep in Aso Rock, that is my home.
‘Where are the govs’?
Let’s get back to the topic, this is a season of giving and I’m doing my little best. Now I’m helping Gov. Yuguda to take care of his people, I’m not a state governor. How much do I have? I’m helping Borno State governor to take care of his people.
If you know how much I’ve sent to those refugee camps. I bought grains for them about a month ago worth N1 million; two weeks ago, I gave out money to buy them things for Christmas in four different camps. There was a group that was displaced from Yobe State who are now being camped in Jos as we speak for at least two years. They had to run for their lives. They are in one abandoned hotel. Somebody appealed to me, so I’m trying to look for something to send to them for Christmas. Where is the governor of Yobe State? Does he care? Because they are Christians. So nobody will do or say anything. It’s pathetic. We are doing our best to try and touch people and change lives. This is that season.
You spend so much money every year for this empowerment program. Year in year out, you have refused to disclose how much you spend. What are you giving out this year?
Well, we are giving out six brand new cars, that people who get them will use as taxi. Yesterday, at the Christmas service, a couple came to me and gave me a gift. The young lady said she was the first lady that won a car a few years back. And here she was with her husband, coming to give me Christmas gift. What that tells you is that their lives have changed. I was so touched that tears came to my eyes. I said to myself, it’s worth it. And she kept saying ‘I was the first person that won a car’, now she’s married and their lives have changed, they are living like human beings, because, through that one car, they have been able to do other things. But, basically, they are able to have an income; things are going very well for them now. I am hoping again that six persons lives will be changed today.
Then we have 15 tricycles. Then we have about 100 grinding machines. We have people whose lives have been transformed through ordinary grinding machine. Some of those who won’t be able to get these things, I might be able to share about 100 bags of rice as well. Some people who couldn’t get anything naturally will feel a bit depressed. I can’t help everybody. We have a hundred bags here; probably we’ll share into two, two to one bag, that gives you about 200 people who will be able to share 100 bags just at least to give them some hope and joy that at least they got something out of the process. These are some of the things we are doing today.
It is obvious you are so passionate about the plight of the less privileged. In your interactions with the president of Nigeria and the governor of this state, for instance, do you try to let them know what the people are going through?
I do. I don’t speak for government but I noticed that they have tagged the federal budget of 2014 as budget of employment. I don’t know whether it’s for some of the things that some of us keep saying that has led to this, because the situation is really bad. People are hungry and are suffering. I think, apart from education, unemployment is probably a major challenge in this country today. People need to be gainfully employed.
I threw a challenge at the October 1 service held on September 28 or 29 or thereabouts at the National Christian Center with several state governors and the president were seated. I said I would like a situation where all elected and appointed office holders in Nigeria across the board, from local government to the Presidency, forfeit half of their salaries for one year, and such money should be put into a dedicated account, to be manged by credible Nigerians. The money should be used to create employment.
Do you know it didn’t appear in any newspaper the next day? I’m the only one that has been brave enough to make such a statement but nobody carried it. I wonder sometimes what the media really wants to report. Do you know that if that thing was carried, it becomes an editorial issue, and there was a lot of pressure from the press, public, everywhere, probably by now it would have materialized? Do you know how much that would amount to? It would run into billions and that could be helpful on one side that could be used to establish medium scale industries across the country that would create employment for a lot of young people.
Since no paper carried it the next day, the story ended, because it’s coming from Pastor Ayo. It’s like the press has made a pledge that anything I say or do that will benefit the ordinary people must not be carried. But when they perceive or think that this will put him in bad light, they put it on front page. I’m just giving you an example of what I did publicly, not even privately.
Would you therefore say you are disappointed by the attitude of government to the plight of the ordinary Nigerian citizens, because there’s no reason why the Delta State government, for instance, should not collaborate with you?
There is no reason they should not. But a few years ago, the governor gave us N10 million to assist in what we were doing. This was about three or four years ago. I don’t want to sound like I’m pulling people down, I want to encourage them to be able to do as much as possible, but there’s a lot they can help uswhere just a group of people should not determine the destiny of the nation; I think Nigerians should decide what they want and how they want it. In my own opinion, it is a part of the democratic process and we must do it very quickly. I’m glad I hear that it’s going to take place in February; that, to me, is one of the legacies of Jonathan’s administration and he should make sure it is guided properly so that it takes place in a wide atmosphere for people to really speak their mind. I think it’s the right step in the right direction.
If you look at what is going on in the polity today, there is a kind of gang-up between the Muslim South- west and the North-west that is predominantly Muslims ahead of 2015. What is your concern? Do you think they are up to something?
To be honest with you, I’m very troubled. They don’t like people like us saying certain things. At the end of the day, they look at us and say ‘you are the one that is heating up the polity’, but it is strange because all we do is react to the reactions of other people. What you have just described is exactly what some of us are seeing that is very frightening. Are we aligning along religious line? Because if that is what is happening, it is very dangerous for Nigeria. Obviously, it is not all of the South-west, it is like the Muslim South-w est, the far North Muslims. It is very frightening, it shouldn’t be, and they shouldn’t pretend about this, they should come out and tell the truth because that’s what we see here. I don’t want to comment on political parties because I’m not a politician, I’m not going to that extent, but we should not do that. We should please allow Nigeria be and allow the people to decide what they want. It’s a very dangerous direction if we go that way. The body language we see is not good for this nation, and I think the media must help us to get the message across that this is very dangerous for the unity of this nation and I pray that it shouldn’t go that way so that we can come today and not try to divide this nation. I’m being very selective in my words. I wish Nigeria well. I believe that 2013 was a year of discovery, 2014 for me is a year of recovery. I see Nigeria being able to recover. We have an incredible opportunity to recover and I hope and pray and believe God for recovery.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/2015-see-danger-ahead-oritsejafor/
http://naijapolnews..com/2013/12/2015-i-see-danger-ahead-oritsejafor.html
[/s]
rubbish•
Sorry I had 2 cancelled this epistle because it doesn't make sense•
Pastor ayo aka bling-bling is screaming abt the northen xtians being marginalize which r lies frm a suppose man of God. Is he trying to tell us all the senators, the governors, commissioners, the honourables members of d house both at the federal level and state level r all muslims?
He even mentioned the sarawa pple as being treated badly by the northern muslims.
My question here is:

Are these sarawa pple represented by a muslim in the NA ? Is it not a xtian that represent them?
Is pastor Ayo telling us that the muslims in the S/S r not also marginalized ?
He also said the northern governors r busy building mosques while churches r being demolished• He shd bring his proofs were a governor demolishes a church and built a mosque there•
In kaduna state for instance, the last mosque that the state government built was even projected by the late governor patrick yakowa which is about 2 or 3 years ago•

What is the pastor even saying?

Has he ever visited states like bauchi, sokoto, borno states that he keeps mentioning?

He said christians r being leached in north •

Does this pastor even hav an idea of the pple that they boko-haram r killing in the north east?

Are boko-haram killing muslims or xtians in borno/yobe states ?

Go to any state in the north today and u ll find churches there.

But go to the SE and u ll be surprised that u hardly find a single mosque there. Is the pastor telling us that the SE dnt hav muslims among the pple of the SE ?

Is this man even representing the xtians? He f00lishly said he bought cars and shared them to pple, was the money he used in purchasing those cars really his? And is that even the best way on allevating poverty?

U gave pple 30million jst because they lay a baseless complain to u, is the 30million even urs? And is that not even promoting corruption?

And why r u even telling the world how charitable u r? Are u planning to run for the office of the president someday?

Even the pope himself doesn't hav a private jet but this man owns one•

Is he even suppose to preach politics in the church?
He didn't preach against evil acts like:
1. Kidnapping
2. Corruption
3. Human Rituals
4. Prostitution
5. Fraud
6. Rape
7. Etc etc

but he jumped into preaching politics in the church because he has sold his soul to the devil and he is also a beneficiary of the looted money being stole by FG

pastor Ayo may God deliver u frm what u hav become

Amen

12 Likes

Re: 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor by fastguy10: 9:37am On Dec 29, 2013
grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Forget The Rumors: See The REAL Pics Of PMB Appointments - Cramjones / Senators Begin Moves To Impeach Saraki / Breaking News: 3 Ipob Members Shot Dead At Onitsha photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.