Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,916 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) (47033 Views)

US Drone Crashes In Iraq Desert, Locals Pose For Selfies (PHOTOS, / PDP Rally In Ibadan (pictures) / Unknown Drone Crashes In Ibadan (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Kbraims(m): 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
guy u funny o,no b bird awon iya dey turn into
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by juman(m): 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
The law makers should stand up to their responsibility, there should be law on this kind of thing.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by victorazy(m): 1:31pm On Dec 29, 2013
homerac7: chai! a kid has lost his Christmas toy. sad

na who tell this oversabi reporter say US military drones dey fly all way from Texas to Ibadan ? :-/

grin is dat what u think? grin
APC is spying PDP I think
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Kbraims(m): 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
dis luk lyk a toy but sha I no trust America dey can do & undo
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Truckpusher(m): 1:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
lertee: Since it happened in Ibadan,it is most likely the work of 'awon iya ajibola edun' (terrestrial mothers),they now come like drones instead of birds.. grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin smh
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by danjalingo: 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2013
GEJ, must have changed tactics, instead of snipers he now wants to use drones to assassinate OBJ and 999 others.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by bodsibobo(m): 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
Jakumo:

I am but a lowly muff-diver, Ishilove, with a mad obsession for all things that fly.

Including winch tinz
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by kabba7(m): 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
[[size=8pt]javascript:void(0);b]i don't give a damn if this is a drone or not all I want Nigerians to know is there is an unholy pact between your government and some phony Isreali company so it is very possible this object might have come from the alliance I will very much advice people in the North East zone of the country to watch out for strange flying objects to increase by January 2014

Serious note could this be testings by Jonathan sippers beginning to practice
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by chino11(m): 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
They should have used that thing to bomb the entire ibadam..

1 Like

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Jakumo(m): 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
kabba7: [[size=8pt]javascript:void(0);b]i don't give a damn if this is a drone or not all I want Nigerians to know is there is an unholy pact between your government and some phony Isreali company so it is very possible this object might have come from the alliance I will very much advice people in the North East zone of the country to watch out for strange flying objects to increase by January 2014

You need to get laid more often, Kabba, to stop your mind from running wild like this.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Slatemsk(m): 1:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
Awon iyami oooooo
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by kennytidistar(m): 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
this device is USE for So many thing, you can USE it to monitor traffic, and other activity instead of using cctv camera. it's a great device using remote cameras.

1 Like

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by markdark(m): 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
Jakumo: If the quad-copter shown in the picture above IS the object that crashed through the roof in Ibadan Nigeria, then it was most certainly NOT launched from Texas, but from somewhere less than ONE mile from the crash site.

That is NOT a military "drone" but a hobbyist quad-copter with very limited range, that is available to anyone with $350 to spend, from numerous internet websites. Somewhere in Ibadan there is a hobbyist who has lost his aerial photography toy, and that is all there is to this story.

US drones that are designated for long-range operations are ALL fixed-wing airplanes, and NOT helicopter derivatives like the Walkera Model QRX350 shown in the above picture, which, by the way, looks suspiciously un-damaged, in the aftermath of a purported crash.

May God bless you, you are proof that not all nairalanders are brainless dim.wits.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Ishilove: 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2013
adefemi007: grin
witchcraft inclusive
Baba osoronga grin
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by crisycent: 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ignorance na bad tin o. How can dis toy fly frm America to ibadan on 5volts toy battery? And how can this toy that doesn't use fuel or diesel emit smoke? grin

I bought a huge toy helicopter for my 5 year old daughter frm England, whenever we want to cause problem in our neighborhood, we fly the helicopter and people gather to look at it grin. It is remotely operated and it's not being flown from America. grin

This type of toy drone was used in Egypt a few months ago during the military crackdown on protesters.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by tobex23(m): 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
When I said I do sight one at my end here, I was not blivd, I even went as fr as opening a thread! Now we see?
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by fankasibe: 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
One child's toy is Nigerians missile.
*Laughing like a terrorist*
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Jadeng: 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
Not again....SMH.
I recall how a guy on NL called this toy a drone; and when I tried to enlighten the clown, he attacked me.
I can bet he is the person posting this rubbish.

This is not a military drone from USA!
It is a toy!
You guys just want to create panic and fear in the minds of people.
All these half baked newsmen and reporters are misleading people abeg!

People should endeavour to check somethings out before writing about Please.

@ MOD, will be more than glad if you can edit the topic accordingly please.

Thank you.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Jakumo(m): 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
crisycent: Ignorance na bad tin o. How can dis toy fly frm America to ibadan on 5volts toy battery? And how can this toy that doesn't use fuel or diesel emit smoke? grin

I bought a huge toy helicopter for my 5 year old daughter frm England, whenever we want to cause problem in our neighborhood, we fly the helicopter and people gather to look at it grin. It is remotely operated and it's not being flown from America. grin

This type of toy drone was used in Egypt a few months ago during the military crackdown on protesters.

As a reward for this confession of yours, Chris, the Asipa of Ibadan has ordered your arrest as a suspect. Send me 20 naira right now to free yourself from this predicament.

2 Likes

Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by badmeat(m): 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2013
This must be the handiwork of witches!sad
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by bigcycs: 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
Same gizmo folks be flying all over the air in calabar during the carnival..

And did they say US drone??(Lol) somebody please kill me now!!!(Ha ha ha)
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Horus(m): 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2vu32f2FvE

[size=17pt]Drone helicopter toy with camera[/size]
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by whatofyou: 2:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
Seriously, wetin man no know plenty o. But which set of people go buy this kind thing begin use am play as toy? I don even begin plan how I go fabricate digital motor-harness, carry video camera put on top for aerial video coverage. The harness go carry up and down and side-ways settings.
Wetin I been dey wan go see for Sokoto, dey my shokoto since! Naija tv stations wey no go fit afford high-tech instruments go fit dey use this one manage. Make I go even tell Paul my cameraman friend about this plan. U sef fit donate money to make this project a reality.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by IAMBREEZY: 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
lertee: Since it happened in Ibadan,it is most likely the work of 'awon iya ajibola edun' (terrestrial mothers),they now come like drones instead of birds.. grin grin grin grin grin grin
you ain't serious gringrin
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by whatofyou: 2:15pm On Dec 29, 2013
kennytidistar: this device is USE for So many thing, you can USE it to monitor traffic, and other activity instead of using cctv camera. it's a great device using remote cameras.

The thing don get camera too? Oh no!These guys are always very 'fast.'
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Philipmems(m): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
As I said someone has lost his toy, I have a prototype of a home made quadcopter k... Runs on 9v lite weight rechargeable battery parallel combo and has a small functional solar cell attached , two if the motor as an alternator charges the batteries so i have a longer air time when testing . Just go on youtube and see what techgeeks are doing with with quads i assure you will be speechless....Oga jakumo
Jakumo:

Oga Philip your grammar dey too much. The Lipo batter in that bird can only keep it in the air for less than TEN minutes, so it did NOT come from Texas or Las Vegas, but from inside Ibadan, no more than 200 meters from the crash site.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by Jakumo(m): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
whatofyou: Seriously, wetin man no know plenty o. But which set of people go buy this kind thing begin use am play as toy? I don even begin plan how I go fabricate digital motor-harness, carry video camera put on top for aerial video coverage. The harness go carry up and down and side-ways settings.
Wetin I been dey wan go see for Sokoto, dey my shokoto since! Naija tv stations wey no go fit afford high-tech instruments go fit dey use this one manage. Make I go even tell Paul my cameraman friend about this plan. U sef fit donate money to make this project a reality.

You are on the right track dude. These birds are used extensively in film making now. Check out Top Gear on TV sometime, and note all that footage shot from above. It is all done with RC helicopters like the one all these people are hyperventilating over here.

By comparison, rental of a full-sized helicopter in Nigeria, for aerial photography or any other purpose, STARTS at one million naira PER HOUR, and goes up from there.

@Philips. Lipo batteries, in their current state of evolution, will give you LESS than ten minutes of flight time in ANY multi-rotor craft, though that will certainly change in the coming months and years as battery technology evolves. Fixed-wing RC powered gliders like the Bixler2, can stay aloft much longer than multi-rotor craft such as this crashed Walkera quad, and some hobyists are currently getting close to one hour of flight time with those birds, but with slow cruising speeds averaging 30 mph or thereabouts.

I am very conversant with the current state of advancement in this field, if I may brag a little, so I will have to reach for my bullchit whistle regarding your claim about solar panels, which are exceedingly rare in the RC world today.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by johnwell(m): 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
kabba7: [[size=8pt]javascript:void(0);b]i don't give a damn if this is a drone or not all I want Nigerians to know is there is an unholy pact between your government and some phony Isreali company so it is very possible this object might have come from the alliance I will very much advice people in the North East zone of the country to watch out for strange flying objects to increase by January 2014

Sometimes it's better to comment on what you know. Do you realy know who a snipper is & what they use when they have their target?
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by kennytidistar(m): 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
whatofyou:

The thing don get camera too? Oh no!These guys are always very 'fast.'

are you just seeing it for the first time? I saw it in south Africa in the year 2008. it's a very good equipment.
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by adeonikan: 2:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
grin
Tuntheycr7: So USA has been spying us too

In Labaran Maku's voice. We don see you...........
grin grin grin
Re: Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) by duni04(m): 2:48pm On Dec 29, 2013
See ibadan people calling a toy, drone. It always has to b ibadan. Small time now someone in ibadan again will see fish with human leg. I was still trying to recover from the ibadan airport pics I saw last week n now dis. That town is a disgrace to yoruba people worldwide.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Nigerian Soldiers Sleep On The War Field / Vice President Shettima Officially Assumes Office (Video, Photos) / How Reno Omokri Silenced Tolu Ogunlesi With One Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.