Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics (2242 Views)

Obasanjo In Auto-Crash, Escapes Unhurt - Today.ng / How Politically Marketable Is Osibanjo? / Who Is Gen. Muhammed Buhari ? Detailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 29, 2013
Obasanjo inherited the saddle of power in 1976 after the assasination of Gen mohammed,he subsequently handed over power to Shagari in 1979 and thereafter wielded little or no political power until he was released from power and foisted on the nation by the duo of Generals IBB and Abdulsalami.He used his power of incumbency to win re-election to the presidency and handed over to Yaradua in 2007.

In 2011 out of power his political irrelevance was exposed by the dismal outing of his candiates in Gen Tunji Olurin and Daughter Iyabo alongside other PDP candidates losing woefully to the then CAN

Today I am suprised that the same Obasanjo who could not even secure a senatorial seat for his daughter is now been touted as a political juggernaut strong enoug to frustrate GEJ's re-election.I wonder how he intends to wield this political influence having lost the PDP political structure in his zone and state.

Obasanjo in my opinion is an overated politician with little or no influence and only good at theatrics.2015 will determine how politically relevent he really is.

7 Likes

Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 29, 2013
^^You posted and liked it with your second handle.

Obj was the only politician from nigeria invited to mandela's memorial service and also Jonathan who wont have been invited if he was a past president.

Mention someone from alaigbo dat as achieved half of what baba has achieved. Dont mention dat runaway soldier o!

7 Likes

Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 29, 2013
Segeggs: ^^You posted and liked it with your second handle.

Obj was the only politician from nigeria invited to mandela's memorial service and also Jonathan who wont have been invited if he was a past president.

Mention someone from alaigbo dat as achieved half of what baba has achieved. Dont mention dat runaway soldier o!

Olodo who told you I am the one who liked it?

Continue fooling yourself with the slowpoke attending madiba's burial.Even his moronic ex-deputy also boasted of occuppying front row seat @ madiba's burial.Typical mindset of morons instead of thinking about how to get a similar recognition there are gloating with mere burial attendance smh for idiots

4 Likes

Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 29, 2013
^^^mention one ibo man dat is as great as OBJ.

Dont mention the runaway soldier o!

1 Like

Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
Segeggs: ^^^mention one ibo man dat is as great as OBJ.

Olodo igbo soldiers are not as cowardly as diya and other cowards.Ojukwu is much more greater than what ever Obasanjo is or will ever be

1 Like

Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Garrithe1st: 12:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
More relevant than Ojuiku who led millions of your people to their early graves....

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by twkalio(m): 12:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
Politcal relevance is dependent hw many votes u can (muster, provide, influence). Obasanjo in my own opinion isn't as influential as he was wen he had power of incumbency, if he culdnt ensure his daughters succes @ d senate, and lost his own state to d opposition den he is just anoda ex-president wielding as much power as his predecessors.

2 Likes

Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
Segeggs: ^^^mention one ibo man dat is as great as OBJ.

Can you compare Ojukwu with that partially educated buffoon. There is no basis. OBJ equivalent in Igbo land include Chris Uba, Rochas Okorocha, etc,
Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by jamace(m): 12:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
OP, I agree with you that OBJ's influence is over rated in Nigerian politics. OBJ is having a semblance of relevance today because of the fact that he took over from the military juntas. OBJ's democratic sins were not noticed because of the fact that Nigerians were still jubilating the exit of the military from governance of the nation.

If I tell you that OBJ is the main cause of unemployment in our country today will you believe me? Do you know that the military left some ailing industries like the textile industries behind?. Do you know that he allowed the ailing industries left behind by the military rulers to finally collapse thereby putting many workers out of job? Do you know that GEJ has resuscitated the moribund textile industry and the railway corporation back on course thereby creating employment for thousands of Nigerians?

See our refineries. OBJ turned NNPC into a personal goldmine with himself as both President and Minister of Petroleum and instituted the subsidy regime which we are suffering to date. In fact, Nigerians should hate OBJ with a passion for underdeveloping Nigeria and putting us in the mess we are today. At the same time, I will plead with Nigerians to exercise patience and team up with GEJ to clean up OBJ's mess.

2 Likes

Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by khamas19: 12:48pm On Dec 29, 2013
..if you have to ask then you should not be discussing politics...

..that is how relevant he is...

but then again this is just my opinion..

1 Like

Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
jamace: OP, I agree with you that OBJ's influence is over rated in Nigerian politics. OBJ is having a semblance of relevance today because of the fact that he took over from the military juntas. OBJ's democratic sins were not noticed because of the fact that Nigerians were still jubilating the exit of the military from governance of the nation.

If I tell you that OBJ is the main cause of unemployment in our country today will you believe me? Do you know that the military left some ailing industries like the textile industries behind?. Do you know that he allowed the ailing industries left behind by the military rulers to finally collapse thereby putting many workers out of job? Do you know that GEJ has resuscitated the moribund textile industry and the railway corporation back on course thereby creating employment for thousands of Nigerians?

See our refineries. OBJ turned NNPC into a personal goldmine with himself as both President and Minister of Petroleum and instituted the subsidy regime which we are suffering to date. In fact, Nigerians should hate OBJ with a passion for underdeveloping Nigeria and putting us in the mess we are today. At the same time, I will plead with Nigerians to exercise patience and team up with GEJ to clean up OBJ's mess.

That fool has no influence and that is why GEJ is calling his bluff.he is only good for selling newqspapers nothing else
Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
khamas19: ..if you have to ask then you should not be discussing politics...

..that is how relevant he is...

but then again this is just my opinion..

I am not asking any question but rather just stating the obvious.Read through my write up again
Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
chukwudi44:

I am not asking any question but rather just stating the obvious.Read through my write up again
whats the title of your write-up?

you wont be asking if he was no more relevant.

2 Likes

Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
chukwudi44:

That fool has no influence and that is why GEJ is calling his bluff.he is only good for selling newqspapers nothing else
gej calling him bluff shows how silly gej is. Igbo smoking people are the major sycophants fooling gej.

1 Like

Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
Segeggs: whats the title of your write-up?

you wont be asking if he was no more relevant.

For the benefit of morons like you

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_question
Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
Segeggs: gej calling him bluff shows how silly gej is. Igbo smoking people are the major sycophants fooling gej.
GEJ is calling his bluff because he has now become politically irrelevent and cannot even afford to win a mere senaatorial election for his daughter.A man who sleeps with his daughter-in-law and cannot even control his own children is politically worthless.Were he to be an igbo man he would have been long ostracised and buried in the evil forest upon his death.
Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by luvmijeje(f): 1:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
OP,did you say irrelevant? Agreed that OBJ lost his Ward and In general his state to the opposition but if you can answer YES to the following questions then I will have to agree with you.

OBJ is not in charge of PDP structures in the south-west?

As useless as PDP is, in all the elections held so far in the south-west they are never in top 2?
Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
luvmijeje: OP,did you say irrelevant? Agreed that OBJ lost his Ward and In general his state to the opposition but if you can answer YES to the following questions then I will have to agree with you.

As useless as PDP is, in all the elections held so far in the south-west they are never in top 2?
luvmijeje: OP,did you say irrelevant? Agreed that OBJ lost his Ward and In general his state to the opposition but if you can answer YES to the following questions then I will have to agree with you.

I am sure you are mistaking PDP for your noisemaking CAN and APC which came third in the ondo and anambra polls respectively behind the PDP which came second

Yes OBJ has totally lost control of the party structures in the SW
Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by luvmijeje(f): 2:19pm On Dec 29, 2013
chukwudi44:

I am sure you are mistaking PDP for your noisemaking CAN and APC which came third in the ondo and anambra polls respectively behind the PDP which came second

Yes OBJ has totally lost control of the party structures in the SW
Then who is in charge? If I'm Jonathan, my next course of action will be in Ota farm in order to prostrate and ask baba for forgiveness.
Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
@Op

you havent answered my question.

For the 3rd time, Mention one ibo man/politician dat is as great and relevant as OBJ.

1 Like

Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by jamace(m): 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
luvmijeje:
Then who is in charge? If I'm Jonathan, my next course of action will be in Ota farm in order to prostrate and ask baba for forgiveness.

GEJ to prostrate and ask OBJ for forgiveness? LWKMD grin grin. My friend, let me reveal to you that, GEJ and Nigerians have since moved on. You and OBJ are on your own. grin
Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Ollymore(m): 3:38pm On Dec 29, 2013
Segeggs: ^^You posted and liked it with your second handle.

Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Ollymore(m): 3:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
sorry, it nt only obj dat was invited to mandella memorial, atiku was also invited although obasanjo still hv some political goodwill nd some loyalist esp in d north
Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 29, 2013
Segeggs: @Op

For the 3rd time, Mention one ibo man/politician dat is as great and relevant as OBJ.

Sorry igbo people cannever be 'great' and 'relevant' like OBJ.We don't sleep with our daughters-in-law

1 Like

Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by 99100(m): 4:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
Segeggs: @Op

And what is/are your description of a man?
Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
chukwudi44:

Sorry igbo people cannever be 'great' and 'relevant' like OBJ.We don't sleep with our daughters-in-law
what has dat got to do with politics? This is what i call "stylishly avoiding the question".

Answer the question he asked you.
Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2013
jamace:

GEJ to prostrate and ask OBJ for forgiveness? LWKMD grin grin. My friend, let me reveal to you that, GEJ and Nigerians have since moved on. You and OBJ are on your own. grin
which nigerians are you talking about?
Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by 99100(m): 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
99/100:

And what is/are your description of a man?
Talking of a great man; Chinua Achebe,Ojukwu etal comes to mind.
Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2013
99/100:

Talking of a great man; Chinua Achebe,Ojukwu etal comes to mind.
achebe na small boy compared to soyinka dat won a nobel price.

Ojukwu the runaway soldier grin yuck grin yuck grin yuck grin

OBJ, military president for 4yrs. Civilian president for 8yrs. Dats greatness dat can never be found in alaigbo.

1 Like

Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by atlwireles: 5:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
luvmijeje:

Thank God you are not Jonathan wink.
Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by emmatok(m): 5:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
chukwudi44:
GEJ is calling his bluff because he has now become politically irrelevent and cannot even afford to win a mere senaatorial election for his daughter.A man who sleeps with his daughter-in-law and cannot even control his own children is politically worthless.Were he to be an igbo man he would have been long ostracised and buried in the evil forest upon his death.

How is GEJ calling OBJ bluffs, when he was busy writing reply and doing meeting over OBJ letter.

Any politician who ignores OBJ does that at his own peril.

Yaradua tried it with Northern support, today he is sleeping.
Re: How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics by juman(m): 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
He is the navigator.

grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Named The 6th Richest African President / I Feel Sorry For Goodluck Jonathan- Etcetera / Asari Explodes Again: Jonathanmust Win Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.