Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Obasanjo Letter Producing Results. PDP Makes U Turn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Letter Producing Results. PDP Makes U Turn (2401 Views)

PDP Makes Ali Sheriff Chairman / PDP Makes U-turn, Passes Confidence Vote On Jega / PDP Makes U-Turn, Denies Saying APC Has Islamic Agenda. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Letter Producing Results. PDP Makes U Turn by FreeGlobe(f): 12:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
PRESS STATEMENT
Anambra Guber: PDP NWC Backs Nwoye’s Suit
Challenging Result

The National Chairman of the Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Bamanga Tukur has restated the commitment of the National Working Committee (NWC) to abide
by laid-down electoral processes and the rule of
law which forms the fulcrum of the party’s
participation in elections across the country.
PDP National Publicity Secretary Chief Olisa
Metuh, in a statement on Sunday said the NWC is therefore in total support of the suit filed by
its candidate, in the November 16, 2013
Anambra governorship election, Comrade Tony
Nwoye challenging the result of the poll.
It described the action of the candidate as a
“step in the right direction and an acceptance of the directive of the National Working Committee earlier communicated to him to pursue the mandate in accordance with established democratic procedures and rules".
“The PDP is totally committed to democracy and
electoral processes as stipulated by the constitution and laws of our and. This explains why we remained steadfast to the processes outlined for the Anambra governorship election and the reason for our earlier stand and directive to our candidate and
members to participate in the Supplementary
Election as directed by INEC.
“As a party committed to strengthening the
institution of democracy, we believe that due process must be followed at all times to allow the laws and electoral rules run their full courses without any interruption. It is in this regard that we commend our candidate for conforming with the ideals of our great party in seeking redress at the right time and through the appropriate democratic channel”, the
statement said.
Expressing optimism that “justice will prevail at
the end of the day”, the statement said the PDP “remains impressed by Nwoye’s credible
outing, resilience and grass root appeal which
brought him to the forefront in the race despite having only two weeks to campaign”. It therefore charged all PDP members close ranks and remain focused in supporting the party and the candidate.”
The statement also urged the people of Anambra state to “continue to resist attempts by the APC to turn the state into a theatre of violence and bloodshed typical of desperate politicians and bad losers who do not have the interest of the people at heart”.
It further observed that the Anambra election
and others so far conducted have shown that the PDP is still the preeminent party with
genuine followership across the country
irrespective of its challenges and the heinous designs by enemies of
democracy to weaken its support
base.
Noting that it remains the “only party committed to national interest and unity, the PDP said it will continue to uphold the principles of justice and equity and ensure good governance for the welfare,
prosperity and happiness of all Nigerians across
board.

Signed
Chief Olisa Metuh
National Publicity Secretary

https://facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=593980227317247
Re: Obasanjo Letter Producing Results. PDP Makes U Turn by FreeGlobe(f): 12:44pm On Dec 29, 2013
The issue of Anambra election is the only area I support obj's letter. I'm glad the letter is yielding results. PDP, APC, LP in court.
Re: Obasanjo Letter Producing Results. PDP Makes U Turn by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
FreeGlobe: The issue of Anambra election is the only area I support obj's letter. I'm glad the letter is yielding results. PDP, APC, LP in court.
PHOOL

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Letter Producing Results. PDP Makes U Turn by maasoap(m): 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2013
PDP as a party is a goner. Its leaders are lost, members are lost. Who could have believed that these hypocrites could make this u-turn? As a party, you had candidate for election. Your candidate eventually lost that election which was full of strange incidences and you still came out only to laud the election as free and fair. What type of party abandon its own candidate?
Re: Obasanjo Letter Producing Results. PDP Makes U Turn by psucc(m): 2:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
If going to court is the desired result, what will the outcome of the court proceedings be?
Re: Obasanjo Letter Producing Results. PDP Makes U Turn by Gamji007: 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
They are scared of mass defection to APC! cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Letter Producing Results. PDP Makes U Turn by theoctopus: 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
How does OBJ's letter connect with Nwoye going to court? He has already gone to court long before OBJ's letter. You guys are idle. Find some work bro grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Letter Producing Results. PDP Makes U Turn by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2013
OP. your hatred for Peter Obi is blinding. Just take a look at your supporting cast and reflect.
Re: Obasanjo Letter Producing Results. PDP Makes U Turn by FreeGlobe(f): 4:30pm On Dec 29, 2013
theoctopus: How does OBJ's letter connect with Nwoye going to court? He has already gone to court long before OBJ's letter. You guys are idle. Find some work bro grin grin grin
spin doctors like you should get a life. fyi this press statement was released today. in any case why is PDP now going to court after hailing the polls as free, fair and credible. You think we are foolish people you can easily deceive. Accept it or not, obj's letter is working

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/anambra-guber-pdp-hails-polls-conduct/

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Letter Producing Results. PDP Makes U Turn by FreeGlobe(f): 4:31pm On Dec 29, 2013
jerseyboy: OP. your hatred for Peter Obi is blinding. Just take a look at your supporting cast and reflect.
I don't get you
Re: Obasanjo Letter Producing Results. PDP Makes U Turn by fajoren: 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
In order words you believe. mumu
Re: Obasanjo Letter Producing Results. PDP Makes U Turn by Demdem(m): 7:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
FreeGlobe:
spin doctors like you should get a life. fyi this press statement was released today. in any case why is PDP now going to court after hailing the polls as free, fair and credible. You think we are foolish people you can easily deceive. Accept it or not, obj's letter is working

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/anambra-guber-pdp-hails-polls-conduct/

u have a good point no doubt. however is the killer party sincere about this? Time will tell.
Re: Obasanjo Letter Producing Results. PDP Makes U Turn by fajoren: 7:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Power Of OBJ - PDP Makes U-turn On Oyinlola / Crisis Hits Senate, Reps Over Sharing Of Posts •pdp Makes U-turn, Accepts Tambuw / Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb (1) (2) (3) (4)

If you reading this thread,look at the the top, pdp makes u-turn,u-turn and u-turn again
how many more u-turns you guys need after 2015?
Re: Obasanjo Letter Producing Results. PDP Makes U Turn by victorjam(m): 10:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
Well am in anambra nw and i can tell u dat al indigenes of dis state have accepted willie obiano as its next governor. Apc go and die. Tinubu u can choose a governor for lagos state but nt for anambra. GEJ we love u and would make sure u stay till 2019 or d worst happens. Obj mess you
Re: Obasanjo Letter Producing Results. PDP Makes U Turn by victorjam(m): 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
I wrote obj f u c k you but instead i saw mess you? Y is dat? Let me write it again even if dey ban me i go open anoda account OBJ f u c k you bia tch
Re: Obasanjo Letter Producing Results. PDP Makes U Turn by FreeGlobe(f): 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
victor jam: Well am in anambra nw and i can tell u dat al indigenes of dis state have accepted willie obiano as its next governor. Apc go and die. Tinubu u can choose a governor for lagos state but nt for anambra. GEJ we love u and would make sure u stay till 2019 or d worst happens. Obj mess you
is it the same Anambra I'm currently in? Willie Obiano has not been sighted and still not know ever since inec crowned him. Maybe he is getting ready for a long court action

(1) (Reply)

Gaza Invasion by Israel is One Hell Of A Pin-point Operation / Are These Cars Really Made In Nigeria? / (photo) APC Campaign In A New Dimension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.