Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,340 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

How To Stop Link Spamming & Bots Registration On Any SMF Powered Forum - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Stop Link Spamming & Bots Registration On Any SMF Powered Forum (1332 Views)

Is Your Blog Powered By Wordpress? / How Can I Embed Google Ads In My Smf Forum / How To Bypass Compulsory Registration On Any Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Link Spamming & Bots Registration On Any SMF Powered Forum by miracle4(m): 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
At last, I managed to figure out this new and improved method I used to block link spamming completely and prevented spam-bots registration on my SMF powered forum.

Every webmaster hates Spam, no doubt about that. Spam-bots has long remained the most significant problem of every webmaster; this is the reason why user’s experience is now taken as a second priority in most popular forums. Either there is one difficult to solve CAPTCHA there or one other complicated question to answer before you can become a member of the fora.

There wouldn’t have been the need for all this CAPTCHA in the first place, if not for the harm caused by the activities of this spam-bots. From posting nudes and unacceptable contents to advertising several useless services on your forum, these spammers will not stop but strive to drag down your website or leave them in the dustbin of Google’s tenth page.

We, having had a first-hand experience of bots-registration and post-link-spamming in the past have taken it upon ourselves to provide you with the three methods we used to combat spammers, and spam-bots registration on our Simple Machines (SMF) Software powered discussion board.

continue reading here
Re: How To Stop Link Spamming & Bots Registration On Any SMF Powered Forum by realugee: 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
I really need this...
Re: How To Stop Link Spamming & Bots Registration On Any SMF Powered Forum by miracle4(m): 2:13pm On Dec 29, 2013
real_ugee: I really need this...
sure bro, this has really saved me from having to spend my precious time approving real users

(1) (Reply)

If You Have 5k Right Now, Come & Carry This Blog I Want To Sell It ASAP! / How To Download Whatsapp Statuses And Save Locally / 2TB Western Digital Hard Drive For Sale @ Giveaway Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.