Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,809 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc (63669 Views)

Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc / Hnd Is Now B.tech Degree In All Nigerian Polytechnics / Hnd Is Better Than Bsc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by kennytidistar(m): 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2013
Soyedele1: Well, a question for you.. Can a poly graduate do masters without passing tru PGD? My bro, uni n poly aint d same and will neva be d same.. We can argue further

YES YOU CAN, MANY HND HOLDERS RUNNING MBA PROGRAM AT UNIVERSITY OF BALTIMORE, BOTH HND AND BSC TAKE GMAT .
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by akposking(m): 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2013
Nice concept
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by dahmie2013: 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2013
I don't see d reason 4 d discriminatn eida, sincerely haven interracted with persons 4rm both degrees, I see no difference. To be candid, dey are sometimes in some vocatns better dan d bsc grads.

D irony is, not only do emoployers discriminate, even amongst ourselves as students or job seekers, we tend 2 see dem am as inferior while d bsc's see demselves as superior.

As far as I'm concerned wealth is no respecter of degrees, its only ur money dat can give u a voice in dis dispensatn.

7 Likes

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by destino24(m): 3:59pm On Dec 30, 2013
destino24:

Accountants no dey do practical, whether in a university, polytechnic or monotechnic.

In the Engineering field, they do more of practicals than theory.
In a university, all engineering students will take a course called "ALGEBRA" (both basic and advanced) in first year (first semester).

In a polytechnic, mechanical Engineering students take this same course as "ADVANCED ALGEBRA" in their final year

^^^^^

U09ce:
Which maths is that?

I'm so sure of the post above
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Pain(m): 3:59pm On Dec 30, 2013
zebra: Please, if World Educational Services (WES), a US educational evaluation agency could evaluate a Nigerian HND certificate and say it is equivalent to a 4-year Bsc Degree, what then is the problem of Nigeria and Nigerians? Many HND holders have had their transcripts evaluated by WES and the outcomes have been that the Nigerian HND is equivalent to a Bsc Degree. What then is making Nigeria to still discriminate against Nigerian HND holders? Try evaluating ur Bsc or HND certificate with www.wes.org and see. Or, is it that they don't know what they are doing?

You are most likely an HND holder..Nevertheless, your point is open to debate.

1 Like

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by FKMagazine(m): 4:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
dejt4u: Op, dnt deceive urself..polythechnics nd universities curriculum in Nigeria is very different and dat is what is makin it unequivalent..
What shld be done nw is to upgrade ur curriculum in polytechnics

what do u mean by curriculum? abi u be olodo ni
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by engineerboat(m): 4:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
Mr man try again next time, give the example of dat ur maths u solve.
destino24: Maybe in another profession but in Engineering, its a NO!

The kind maths wey we solve for first year, dem dey do am for final year

1 Like

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by destino24(m): 4:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
abacus Cm: I am both B.sc and HND graduate.I discovered that HND courses are more technical and practical than B.sc courses.Both suppose to be equivalent and this discrimination should stop henceforth.

What field, sir?
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
kennytidistar:

YES YOU CAN, MANY HND HOLDERS RUNNING MBA PROGRAM AT UNIVERSITY OF BALTIMORE, BOTH HND AND BSC TAKE GMAT .

I mean in Nigeria.. We r in Nigeria, so let use Nigeria as a case study..
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by destino24(m): 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
engineerboat: Mr man try again next time, give the example of dat ur maths u solve.

Check my post in the first and second page
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by bjodus(m): 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2013
There is no point wasting time on this issue.The simple question for the op is,why are polytechnic graduates admitted into the second year in a university if their certificate is equivalent to a B.sc?

1 Like

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Olugbenger(m): 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2013
I can only pity HND folks here. Most of them are chaps the univeristies reject and they knew what they got into exactly. So why all these complaints now? What is WES? What is the Op saying?

The employers decide the judgement and we all know what it is.
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by destino24(m): 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2013
FKMagazine:

what do u mean by curriculum? abi u be olodo ni

In Engineering, the guy is right
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by kennytidistar(m): 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
destino24:

Nigeria doesn't run her HND program what way?

Where in that link did they say HND is not 4years plus 1 year IT

We are not running the US system of education, we are running the UK's, and if they don't accept it then we don't accept it too. Maybe when we start running the US system then we can accept it as being equal

TRY LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL AND SEE IF YOU WILL NOT BE OFFERED A MASTERS ADMISSION WITH YOUR HND, ALL YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT ALL STRONG AND HIGH RATED SCHOOL IN THE WORLD RECRUIT THEIR STUDENTS THROUGH WES AND USING WES EVALUATION STANDARD.

2 Likes

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by hyelhira: 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
Smug ignorance! The NBTE website is free to assess. Read and learn before you indulge in fallacy of hasty conclusion.

dejt4u: Help me tell this guy ooo. What are dey doin in polytechnics... Jst practicals..na only practical we go eat?? Abeg, 4get dis shit nd face d reality of life.. No wonder my parents hate polytechnic...
Na naija we dey ooo.. Polytechnic ko monotechnic ni

1 Like

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 30, 2013
zebra: Please, if World Educational Services (WES), a US educational evaluation agency could evaluate a Nigerian HND certificate and say it is equivalent to a 4-year Bsc Degree, what then is the problem of Nigeria and Nigerians? Many HND holders have had their transcripts evaluated by WES and the outcomes have been that the Nigerian HND is equivalent to a Bsc Degree. What then is making Nigeria to still discriminate against Nigerian HND holders? Try evaluating ur Bsc or HND certificate with www.wes.org and see. Or, is it that they don't know what they are doing?

SIGNED HND HOLDER
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by kennytidistar(m): 4:07pm On Dec 30, 2013
Olugbenger: I can only pity HND folks here. Most of them are chaps the univeristies reject and they knew what they got into exactly. So why all these complaints now? What is WES? What is the Op saying?

The employers decide the judgement and we all know what it is.

ONLY FEW ORGANIZATION RELY ON BSC FOR REASON WELL KNOWN TO THEM

1 Like

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by destino24(m): 4:08pm On Dec 30, 2013
kennytidistar:

TRY LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL AND SEE IF YOU WILL NOT BE OFFERED A MASTERS ADMISSION WITH YOUR HND, ALL YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT ALL STRONG AND HIGH RATED SCHOOL IN THE WORLD RECRUIT THEIR STUDENTS THROUGH WES AND USING WES EVALUATION STANDARD.

All my posts are centered on engineering
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Olugbenger(m): 4:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
kennytidistar:

kennytidistar:

oga pls shut the Bleep up. We are talking HND and BSC in Nigeria here, and are you restating your opinions based on foreign dispositions. What's our business with baltimore and london school?

What's our business with WES here?

Scream that in your interview and see if you would get employed.

Are those the organisations that would employ you here in Nigeria?
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Shollyps(m): 4:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
IT ALL STARTED RYT FROM JAMB CUTOFF MARK..Y WNT DER B DISCRIMINATION WEN DEY SEE D POLY STUDENT LESS BRILIANT AND ALSO 99%OF POLY STUDENT CHOSE UNI AS DER MOST PREFFERED INSTITUTE?POLY SHOULD UP DER CUTOFF MARK TO 18O TO 2OO ALSO.

1 Like

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by kennytidistar(m): 4:11pm On Dec 30, 2013
Soyedele1:

I mean in Nigeria.. We r in Nigeria, so let use Nigeria as a case study..

THIS IS WHY THE OP WAS ANGRY AS A NIGERIAN. BTW HOW MANY NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES ARE RATED AMONG TOP 100GLOBAL UNIVERSITY THAT ACCEPT HND?

4 Likes

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by derolemode(m): 4:11pm On Dec 30, 2013
destino24:

Accountants no dey do practical, whether in a university, polytechnic or monotechnic.

In the Engineering field, they do more of practicals than theory.
In a university, all engineering students will take a course called "ALGEBRA" (both basic and advanced) in first year (first semester).

In a polytechnic, mechanical Engineering students take this same course as "ADVANCED ALGEBRA" in their final year

Datz my 1st semester's ND1 mth112 work ok,in engineering poly is the best because we are always open to the field and encouraged to research work.All the engineering masters were all bred in polytechnics and monotechnics check it up!!

2 Likes

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by destino24(m): 4:11pm On Dec 30, 2013
hyelhira: Smug ignorance! The NBTE website is free to assess. Read and learn before you indulge in fallacy of hasty conclusion.

NBTE??
I'm not going to ask you to check the NUC website.

Check COREN's website.
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Olugbenger(m): 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2013
kennytidistar:

ONLY FEW ORGANIZATION RELY ON BSC FOR REASON WELL KNOWN TO THEM

From admission process and criteria, it's already been established.

What few are you talking about?

I advise you face reality.
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by hyelhira: 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
Are you an accountant? Did you study accounting?
destino24:

^^^^^

I'm so sure of the post above
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 30, 2013
Mr Man, I did same evaluation and this is what I got: a BSC degree in Geology is equivalent to a BSC degree in the U.S . So pls stop feeding us with false info.

Your Degree Equivalency

Now that you know what your education is worth in the U.S., get a WES credential evaluation to verify your credentials so they will be recognized by U.S. universities, employers and licensing boards.
Credential 1
Country of Education:Nigeria
Name of Degree:Bachelor of Science
Name of Institution:Ahmadu Bello University
Equivalency in U.S.:Bachelor's degree

NOTE: Any degree equivalency provided is based on the information you have entered. It is not based on verified information or documents and may not be used as proof that you attended an institution or earned a degree. WES may change this provisional degree equivalency upon document verification and analysis. To order a formal evaluation of your credentials, go to
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by destino24(m): 4:14pm On Dec 30, 2013
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by oluakadinma: 4:14pm On Dec 30, 2013
HND and B.Eng are not thesame and can never be.

The work of a B.eng can never be assigned to technologist even in US. Your comparison is liken to a brick layer who suddenly turn to contractor and can build a confortable four-storey building but that does not make him a civil engineer. Yes he does the work of a civil engineer but he has a limitations: he can't even think sky crapper! That's just the difference. They may be eQuivalent but not equal.
One has limit but the other is unlimited.

I Hope a cleared your doubts?
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by destino24(m): 4:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
hyelhira: Are you an accountant? Did you study accounting?

Engineering bro, everything i have said here is all based on my knowledge of engineering
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by destino24(m): 4:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
oluakadinma: HND and B.Eng are not thesame and can never be.

The work of a B.eng can never be assigned to technologist even in US. Your comparison is liken to a brick layer who suddenly turn to contractor and can build a confortable four-storey building but that does not make him a civil engineer. Yes he does the work of a civil engineer but he has a limitations: he can't even think sky crapper! That's just the difference. They may be eQuivalent but not equal.
One has limit but the other is unlimited.

I Hope a cleared your doubts?

#GBAM
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by segzytemi(m): 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2013
I don't believe in this equivalent or equality or whatever u might call it... If HND has to be compare to BSC then they need to be offering Economics, Law, Medicine, and many courses like that in poly just like the university.

1 Like

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by mubitechnology: 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
hnd and degree will not determine my destiny in life,am pround computer engineering student from kaduna polytechnic,and in regard to d issue of math,i did algbra in math112 during my first semester,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

How Going To University Was Like In Those Days (photos) / WAEC Result Of A Student From St. Francis Catholic College, Oyo. / Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.