Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno - Phones (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno (49773 Views)

9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android / 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone / The List Of Tecno Phones That Would Have BBM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by matoyeh(m): 8:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
phemswag: Dats soo true!

But leave us alone, we like am like dat!
Android na Android.
Even if na Samsung or Seunsing, Gionee or Gineoo, HTC or HCT, I-Tel or J-Tel,....Android na Android.

Case Closed!!!

#TeamTecno#
gbam!!!!!

Thats all. Leave that advertiser for his blatant lies!!! Mmmcchheewwww
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by saiddigge(m): 8:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
indigold2010: l

These are the kind of lawyers our system keeps producing. Incompetent fools that claim to be learned.

Oga, this is a very unfair generalisation. Because he chooses to communicate in pidgin, use abbreviations on an informal forum and calls himself a lawyer you decided to use this to classify the kind of lawyers produced. I'm a law student myself and statements like this irritate me to my bones. It is with sheer force of will I'm refusing to respond in like tones right now.

As for topic, Tecno phones give a good bang for the buck. Chikena. Mediatek or Qualcomm Snapdragon or Exynos or Amoled or whatever, it doesn't matter in the end.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Jimmyo3(m): 8:54pm On Dec 30, 2013
indigold2010: Lol. Those asking money to buy Samsung. Read the concluding part of my post. It reads if u can't afford Samsung then buy tecno. And for the poster using foul words like tiger battery or what did ur head say? Am laughing at ur joke seriously. If u have more foul words use them. And I didn't say u must buy Samsung. Nigerians read clearly before making comments because Internet is cheap. Did some one just say tecno has amoled display? My brother they don't. And as for ota I will check on that. And even if u get an ota update it won't be a major update like a new Android version it may be just a small update to apps and fixes nothing. And I wasn't paid to say all this. Samsung won't pay u to say all this, their device speaks for itself. I wil still say buy tecno if u can't afford Samsung, it still gives u a taste of Android
should i call u a fool? NO IT Not right...but u r totaly wrong 4 comparing tecno display wit dat of a wrist watch.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by franzis(m): 9:12pm On Dec 30, 2013
Even with all these I still dey gbadun my china branded android tablet pc..who needs a samsung anyway
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ibietela2(m): 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
indigold2010: This is an antutu benchmark for an undercooked Samsung galaxy note 2. This benchmark shows u the top players. I will still say buy tecno if u can't buy Samsung. But stop comparing

Oh the UK used
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ibietela2(m): 9:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
indigold2010: This is an antutu benchmark for an undercooked Samsung galaxy note 2. This benchmark shows u the top players. I will still say buy tecno if u can't buy Samsung. But stop comparing

Oh the UK used.... In the meantime I am waiting for proof of the Samsung octa core poop
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Leonidas8(m): 9:33pm On Dec 30, 2013
indigold2010: Can a tecno user please post his antutu benchmark screenshot
Guy post ur own benchmark ss 1st. Ok, Seen it
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Leonidas8(m): 9:42pm On Dec 30, 2013
indigold2010: This is an antutu benchmark for an underclocked Samsung galaxy note 2. This benchmark shows u the top players. I will still say buy tecno if u can't buy Samsung. But stop comparing
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by afrikanns: 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
indigold2010: Lol. Those asking money to buy Samsung. Read the concluding part of my post. It reads if u can't afford Samsung then buy tecno. And for the poster using foul words like tiger battery or what did ur head say? Am laughing at ur joke seriously. If u have more foul words use them. And I didn't say u must buy Samsung. Nigerians read clearly before making comments because Internet is cheap. Did some one just say tecno has amoled display? My brother they don't. And as for ota I will check on that. And even if u get an ota update it won't be a major update like a new Android version it may be just a small update to apps and fixes nothing. And I wasn't paid to say all this. Samsung won't pay u to say all this, their device speaks for itself. I wil still say buy tecno if u can't afford Samsung, it still gives u a taste of Android
TECNO battery is superb and can never ever be compared to so samsinnnnnnnngggggg for ever in this aye

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
afrikanns: TECNO battery is superb and can never ever be compared to so samsinnnnnnnngggggg for ever in this aye
what niggas wont say.. smhh

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by dannyz(m): 10:09pm On Dec 30, 2013
i dont blame u brother,that is how man is. If tecno phones prices were high,u wouldnt insult them. The guys offered u somtin beta n u dont like it.imagine 15-30k and 30-100k. Alrit d chipset,mp,blablabla u r counting except d ota what do they add to our lives as individual?u dont think far. Browse d early samsung android n compare them with early tecnos n lets know whos growing in technology.i c no reason ì will spend 80 -100k on samsung,htc etc when theres an alternative. Na watin b d main function of phone?text,call,browse,big phones with big wahala.abeg stop comparing phones o.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by indigold2010(m): 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2013
This should be a ground to air ur views and not insult people. Some comments here are so dumb. Filled with insults. Really a shame.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by geebehn(m): 10:14pm On Dec 30, 2013
A disappointing thread.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by tonychristopher: 10:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
leggo:
lol..illiterate who can't spell right.
you and your boss are ignorant people

i think i made a simple statement and submission not abuse anyone and not you in particular. i see people that use techno as tasteless and classless. forget my typo error and digest the diseminated info bro...

are you among the crowd...instead of buying a techno i buy zinox joypad which i will do soon cause he is nigerian and igbo .... keep helping asians

ode ni
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by nani667: 10:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
oddly enough this has become the fastest growing thread in this section..... Joblessness toh behd
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by lezz(m): 10:31pm On Dec 30, 2013
[quote author=indigold2010]I just ran into this topic. And if with all my years of working on the Android platform and I don't comment then I have left most Nigerians mislead. The name is techno the other is Samsung. And for those of u even comparing that name to techno to the name Samsung, I guess u have been paid by techno to help promote their cheap hardware. Now let's start with hardware.

Samsung hardware is far too superior for techno, techno have to sell their phones cheap so they don't have to spend too much money on making a hardware to compare with the likes of Apple Nokia Sony or HTC. But that's the category Samsung belongs, the competitive zone. Samsung has to build their hardware to meet the standards of other oem's but techno don't have to cos they believe Nigerians are dummies that will use anything sold for a price that equals a waste product. Samsung uses some of the best chips in the mobile industry, the exynos chip and the snapdragon, what those tecno use? Some worthless chip with bad processing power. Samsung uses some of the best display technology in the super amoled display, what those tecno use? Some screen looking like a phone of the early 2000. And for the battery Samsung phones pack very powerful chipset which requires good energy to process data at a fast pace so the battery has to be at his best. Techno phones don't really need powerful batteries cos they already have a chip of no value and display is like a wrist watch. As for the cameras, Samsung packs some very good cameras that can compete with Apple Sony and other oem. But tecno 5mp equals the 3mp on a Nokia Asha phone, what a shame!.

Now let's look at their software, the only reason why apple(crapple) keeps taking Samsung to court in my own thinking is cos they can't cope with the kind of innovation Samsung brings to software design. Smart stay, smart pause, smart scroll, air gestures, smart commands, multiwindow, pop-up play, spen innovations and many others. My friend tecno phones lacks innovation all they do is pack an unbacked Android os into some cheap hardware.

Now let's talk about updates. When u buy a Samsung device at a high price it is because u are paying for other services as well which includes updates. Tecno doesn't care about updates. If u buy a Tecno device on Android 4.2 that's the end of the life of the Android os.

So my fellow nairalanders am not pushing Tecno of the way totally, if u can't afford a Samsung device then buy a tecno device to get a taste of Android but when u decide to compare Samsung to Tecno that's were u been very ignorant and very biased.

The Nigeria market isn't wanna of Samsung strong hold so Tecno innovation doesn't really bother them as a company. All you said about Techno and Samsung are true. But you don't compare Samsung to Apple which you infamously called ''crappy''. Firstly, every thing in an iphone-well, almost everything- is produced in-house by Apple. Samsung like every damned company from Asia are imitators and copy cats. Samsung uses Android which is owned and developed by Google. So Samsung waits for Google to finish baking the cake and they add a little sugar and then sell it to end users. So Samsung cannot even make its own OS. Prior to 2007 before Android was born, Samsung were paying Nokia to use the Symbian OS . Android came and they jumped ship. Only difference is android is absolutely free. Thanks.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by sparkboy4122: 11:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
e-freaky:
After going through this thread, the only thing I can say is GOD PUNISH POVERTY ! AMEN !
God bless u sir .... Very well .... Very soon they go compare techno with nexus 5
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by donhils: 11:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
indigold2010: I just ran into this topic. And if with all my years of working on the Android platform and I don't comment then I have left most Nigerians mislead. The name is techno the other is Samsung. And for those of u even comparing that name to techno to the name Samsung, I guess u have been paid by techno to help promote their cheap hardware. Now let's start with hardware.

Samsung hardware is far too superior for techno, techno have to sell their phones cheap so they don't have to spend too much money on making a hardware to compare with the likes of Apple Nokia Sony or HTC. But that's the category Samsung belongs, the competitive zone. Samsung has to build their hardware to meet the standards of other oem's but techno don't have to cos they believe Nigerians are dummies that will use anything sold for a price that equals a waste product. Samsung uses some of the best chips in the mobile industry, the exynos chip and the snapdragon, what those tecno use? Some worthless chip with bad processing power. Samsung uses some of the best display technology in the super amoled display, what those tecno use? Some screen looking like a phone of the early 2000. And for the battery Samsung phones pack very powerful chipset which requires good energy to process data at a fast pace so the battery has to be at his best. Techno phones don't really need powerful batteries cos they already have a chip of no value and display is like a wrist watch. As for the cameras, Samsung packs some very good cameras that can compete with Apple Sony and other oem. But tecno 5mp equals the 3mp on a Nokia Asha phone, what a shame!.

Now let's look at their software, the only reason why apple(crapple) keeps taking Samsung to court in my own thinking is cos they can't cope with the kind of innovation Samsung brings to software design. Smart stay, smart pause, smart scroll, air gestures, smart commands, multiwindow, pop-up play, spen innovations and many others. My friend tecno phones lacks innovation all they do is pack an unbacked Android os into some cheap hardware.

Now let's talk about updates. When u buy a Samsung device at a high price it is because u are paying for other services as well which includes updates. Tecno doesn't care about updates. If u buy a Tecno device on Android 4.2 that's the end of the life of the Android os.

So my fellow nairalanders am not pushing Tecno of the way totally, if u can't afford a Samsung device then buy a tecno device to get a taste of Android but when u decide to compare Samsung to Tecno that's were u been very ignorant and very biased.

The Nigeria market isn't wanna of Samsung strong hold so Tecno innovation doesn't really bother them as a company.

I conclude by saying buy Tecno if u can't afford Samsung but by Samsung if u can afford it and stop been mislead.
Tecno vs Samsung I guess. But have you considered my darling LG that there's none like it? Lest I forget, Samsung abi samdung packs all the claimed software and processors yet they lag and hang a lot. Some of them get so hot that u can just pour a lil oil and fry egg on it. Again the body build is very cheap and plasticy. The worst body build among its competitors.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Mustack: 11:45pm On Dec 30, 2013
xxxtedyxxx: Mumu people. Una go hate tecno tire...heheheh...

Its funny ow some dummies who aint even using a samsung gadget post trash on social forums. Na una papa get samsunG?

If u wanan compare fones, compare fones withing d same price range. Simple as abc

Weda I buy tecno or gionee..na ur papa money I take buy am?...#confused.

All I sense in dis thread is hate. No matter ow indomie do adverts reach, dem no fit sell like garri.
my brother you get mouth.,, watch out for another fray into the tech world, ''huawei honour 3c and 3x''
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Prince202020(m): 12:05am On Dec 31, 2013
naturalwaves:

Odeistein! When has phone become a definition of one's social or financial statues? The earlier you change your mindset, the better for you. So,.you think anyone that doesn't spend so much on phone cannot afford it? The problem is not even with the Tecno fans, it is with the Samsung fans. A lot of them feel bad inside that they wasted money on phones that do basically the same thing with a cheaper brand like Tecno. All the threads opened by Tecno fans were all about Tecno and Tecno alone but anytime such is done, the pained and disgruntled samsung fans will come attacking. If you use a Samsung, use it and be satisfied with it, if you use a Tecno, same should be done.

When a biased and senzeless post like this is opened just to rubish Tecno, that means the Tecno company is doing a good job and is on the right part. When you get to computer village, they will tell you which phone is the market leader when it comes to sales of Android devices. If it is not Tecno, I am sure it will be top two.

Moreover, they keep on saying Tecno is a China product, please, Samsung is a product of where? South Korea. Are they not both from Asia?
God Bless You for this piece, the most reasonable post so far.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Teejay4kell(m): 12:41am On Dec 31, 2013
just because yu av a little change in yo pocket to get somtn mor valuable doesn't giv yu d gut to speak anyhow to thos wu kant afford d higher price. yu dnt av to tell us all dis, we all knw Samsung is mor preferable to Tecno in 1 or 2 ways buh it doesnt concern yu in any way. #cut yo coat according to yo clot.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by adekayo1234(m): 2:40am On Dec 31, 2013
Teejay4kell: just because yu av a little change in yo pocket to get somtn mor valuable doesn't giv yu d gut to speak anyhow to thos wu kant afford d higher price. yu dnt av to tell us all dis, we all knw Samsung is mor preferable to Tecno in 1 or 2 ways buh it doesnt concern yu in any way. #cut yo coat according to yo clot.
gbam!
imagine someone starving himself just to get uk used galaxy s1, when he could have gone for cheap brand that would have done the same job and even better and still have some change..... truth is buy a phone that suits you and will do the job very well, not some overpriced and overated phones....Thank God my friends' eyes are opening bit by bit.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by tijanijude(m): 3:42am On Dec 31, 2013
redcliff:
Samsung did not come for the poor. They came for people who can afford their products. So nonbody is bringing its sale prices down. Sorry.

See someone that probably can't afford to live in his own rented apartment talking about using Samsung. I think Seun should upgrade this forum to display the kind of machine one is using to connect to nairaland. That way most people will stop posting rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by GamaG(m): 4:45am On Dec 31, 2013
na u dey buy am for me? Wht is ur stress?
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by MANOSUB(m): 4:45am On Dec 31, 2013
What's the meaning of this? If you have been paid by samsung to come here to rant nonsense you better know that you have failed. Techno, to me is one of the best phones in Nigeria market. If you have a problem with that its simple, look around for a transformer to hug.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by SimplySEA(m): 6:34am On Dec 31, 2013
balogunsam:

I love you man...#nohomo

I root for affordability and functionality....if tecno gives u,buy it....but deep down u,you know samsung is a better manufcturer with better devices...den wen ur ready,upgrade! Kids just waste time arguing crap and disrespecting one another...I don't use any of the two..I used a samsung s2,den got a Jiayu G4...it serves me and I love d phone madly for many reasons one of which d topmost is battery! That's for me...u know urs,there's no need to get violent defending ur tecno n3,A+,galaxy S3,S4 and co...except maybe u av a serious complex issue!
pls sir, can u explain the manufacturing fault with galaxy SL? or u don't know about it.......? with all the superior hardware and chipset claim' I only used that phone for 3 months or less. Go online and see world wide complain about it....! my fren , I will use Samsung now only if I received it on Xmas or my Birthday. Buy with my hard earn money, no way!
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by indigold2010(m): 7:33am On Dec 31, 2013
Keep pouring the insults u soon run out of words. I started this thread with just trying to draw a line between 2 oem and at the end of the day it's insults. I never called tecno users poor, I never said u must buy Samsung, I didn't say throw ur tecno phones away, I didn't call tecno users fools either. That's how very insensitive some people can be. We need to talk and text like our ages really are, once more I just think nairaland should review the age thing on nairaland, maybe make it 30 years and above as perquisite to join cos they are so many people who their hands can't still touch their ears here. If u like insult, kill urself, write rubbish, it won't make tecno better than Samsung and am sure even tecno knows they are not better. I have a note 2 am so so proud of cos it serves me so well. If ur tecno serves u well then fine. Device choice is an individual thing. And as for u talking about LG, that's the worst company when it comes to updates, most of their phones died with gingerbread, even those with very good specs. U should be praying ur g2(if that is what u have) dosent die with jelly bean. Let's type maturely and look our age. Good morning
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by AKJA(m): 7:53am On Dec 31, 2013
Sometimes it is not even a matter of affordabiliy, but personal ideosyncracy. I for one will prefer to stick to tecno as it effectively does all I need with a phone. I Will rather donate the balance saved instead of buying samsung to the needy. Moreover tecno is very prolific and improving their innovativeness by the hour. The power pack/torchlight that comes with some tecno products is most relevant for third world countries. Due to tecno's dynamism, haters surely will put to shame in no distant future. By the way, Chinnesse tecnology has met up with the SPACE realm. We are yet to see S/Korea archieve this.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Sirevansgen(m): 8:25am On Dec 31, 2013
Bros allow them to make mouth because of common techno android,abeg samsung,Nokia,HTC always the best,I don't use android but My E5 beat techno android what a shame to techno product.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by klens(m): 1:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
check it up here, hottest selling Tab to rock this season, get our Ainol Ax1 Poseidon quad core MTK 6586,
16GB ROM, 3G, HDMI, with keyboard, leather case, OTG, pen, pouch, etc for only N33000, and w450
Android smart phone, 1GB RAM, 8MP, Quad core MTK 6582 ,supports OTG, 4.5 inch HD, 16000000 colours,
240dpi, benchmark score 17000 plus price so cheap via https://www.nairaland.com/1507902/hot-selling-ainol-ax1-poseidon#19363147 , 08108131920 , BBM 7523226E .
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by 2B1ASK1(m): 4:25pm On Dec 31, 2013
sparkboy4122: God bless u sir .... Very well .... Very soon they go compare techno with nexus 5
are you insinuating that LG is better off ?
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Chk17: 4:33pm On Dec 31, 2013
How much is d latest phantom A3. ? I hope it has dropped. Samsung ko, Samsung ni.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. / How To Know You Have Been Blocked On Whatsapp By A Fellow User / Many People Won't Understand This Picture Of Two Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.