Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,766 members, 7,806,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Does Changing Of Timming Belt Affect Fuel Pump - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does Changing Of Timming Belt Affect Fuel Pump (590 Views)

Keke Operator Installs Seat Belt In His Tricycle (Photos) / (URGENT) How Much Does Changing The Cam Belt Of A Volkswagen Bora Cost? / How Does Burst Silencer/exhaust Affect Fuel Consumption? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Changing Of Timming Belt Affect Fuel Pump by sure4real: 6:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
Prof in the house kindly help,my timming belt got broken,after changing it,it works fine but observed the engine performance guage goes down beyond normal,trying to start the car after 12mins drive,it does not respond again.the mecho said the fuel pump had goes bad,as I had been experiencing jerking before.plz house,how much is the prize of new fuel pump.?does changing the Fuel pump guarantee correct performance?
Re: Does Changing Of Timming Belt Affect Fuel Pump by Ikenna351(m): 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
1. It's likely that your Camshaft and crankshaft sprokets were not properly timed, whenI the new belt was thread in. I would suggest you take it to someone that knows what he is doing to re-do the timing belt.

2. Also, it depends on your engine : interference or non interference. Whats the state of the intake and exhaust valves after the the belt failure ?

Ikenna

(1) (Reply)

2000 4runner Ignition Locking Momentarily! Please Advise / How Well Do You Know Your Peugeots? / I Need Advice With Regards To The RX 300

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.