Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,147 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:46 AM

First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics (60671 Views)

KAI & LASTMA Officials Drive Branded Cars (pics) / PHOTOS: Nigerian Made "Flying Car" Seen In Lagos Metropolis / Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by abatically(m): 3:43am On Dec 31, 2013
COOLDUN:

Ok , lets wait until he does that, then we can follow, did he make the promise before or after his wife imported the BMW cars with waivers?

It is not mandatory for govt parastatlas to use Nigerian made cars. Yes they might assign Nigerian made cars as official cars, definitely not the 1.2 million naira ones but the most expensive ones( really that is normal, they are rich so won't use the cheap ones). Then even at that, a minister might decide to leave his assigned Nigerian made car at home and move around in his own imported Mercedes or BMW that he bought by himself because he can afford it, even an ordinary man can afford it in this country. In Malaysia they have locally made cars as govt official cars, but it doesn't stop govt officials from driving imported expensive cars
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by oseo1(m): 4:02am On Dec 31, 2013
The first picture is of a Smart car which is a Daimler AG company, in other words it's produced by Mercedes, and yes it is safe and fun to drive. It may not look like much but it has a good safety rating. Don't judge a book by its cover. However I must say that there is no way we are getting any car in the smart family for 1.2 million nairaland.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Edmomd(m): 4:34am On Dec 31, 2013
MEILYN: At Last. I will be the first to launch this car oooo.

Beautiful, Gorgeous cars.

Thanks to Jonathan for bringing shame upon us.

I go first write my Will before i drive this wheel barrow oo. grin
My bro u are funny
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by jenuel: 6:41am On Dec 31, 2013
please let's not loose hope. Nigeria will produce car at 1.2m better than touted.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by ketoprofen(m): 8:28am On Dec 31, 2013
adconline:
Cos u are an ignoramus who does not know what it takes to build cars. I have been to Innoson factories and know a couple of his vendors. His Enugu plant alone has about 15 pcs of damaged 100-1500KVA gen sets. 45k litre tankers deliver diesel everyday to this factory. Dangote had to spend $million to build power plants for Obajana Cement plant. Folks like u who have not risked 50k in any investment love political statements like this. " knowledge is not enough , we must apply; willing is not enough, we must do"

so what are u blabbing?
that the guy was wrong?
Yorubas should learn to be more productive than thinking of what govt will do for them.
No advanced nation is based on expecting even air from the govt.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by ketoprofen(m): 8:41am On Dec 31, 2013
All these cowards with weak spirits are definitely not going to make naija better.
Its not as if u are innoson or dangote, y are u crying more than the bereaved?
Power supply has improved now than it was over years, and we are still counting.
it will only get better.
I don't understand where some ppls pessimism is coming from,
The same grp of ppl shouting no electricity can still not produce even a pin when given electricity 247.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by jibs4lv(m): 9:11am On Dec 31, 2013
hunnm encouragement at least but to say d fact, oyinbo ppl has gone far far ahead of us, lets just acept dat cos I cant imagine if Baba peace could use dis as official car or hw wud I burn my 1.2m on dis kind of car....? my little advice is government sud reduce d price to dat of korope/ keke napep so dat we nigerian can patronize d product.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by lawrenceunaa: 9:55am On Dec 31, 2013
Siena: I too would rather buy a 10-year-old Audi, than a brand new assembled-in-Nigeria car, regardless of how cheap it is.
that's why u re inferior for underating your country gosh Nigeria can never be one with people like your abi you think all your Italian shoes were imported sorry cos they re all made in Aba but because of people like u they had to imprint Italy on it.smh
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by adconline(m): 9:56am On Dec 31, 2013
ketoprofen:

so what are u blabbing?
that the guy was wrong?
Yorubas should learn to be more productive than thinking of what govt will do for them.
No advanced nation is based on expecting even air from the govt.

What a blatant display of arrogant idiocy!

1 Like

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by adconline(m): 10:00am On Dec 31, 2013
jibs4lv: hunnm encouragement at least but to say d fact, oyinbo ppl has gone far far ahead of us, lets just acept dat cos I cant imagine if Baba peace could use dis as official car or hw wud I burn my 1.2m on dis kind of car....? my little advice is government sud reduce d price to dat of korope/ keke napep so dat we nigerian can patronize d product.

" Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do" Naija lacks application and execution.. Happy New Year dreamer!
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Damsman10(m): 11:11am On Dec 31, 2013
BRAVO I LOVE INVENTIONS, i dont care if it luks like a matchbox as some of u are saying but i know we all have brains and we shud nt jst be users bt inventors.MORE GREASE TO YOUR ELBOW GUYS.

1 Like

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by abatically(m): 11:23am On Dec 31, 2013
lawrenceunaa: that's why u re inferior for underating your country gosh Nigeria can never be one with people like your abi you think all your Italian shoes were imported sorry cos they re all made in Aba but because of people like u they had to imprint Italy on it.smh

i guess u are one of those who cant differentiate between an aba made sure and Italian
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by jy2kbeyond(m): 11:25am On Dec 31, 2013
myads890: Pathetic. That's not a car, its a match box
at least dem begin somewhere. loolz
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by kolaaderin: 11:34am On Dec 31, 2013
adconline:
1st paragrahp: Low skilled labor is cheap in Naija,but highly skilled workforce is scarce let alone industrial manufacturing with high tech and optimization systems. Why is it that foreign skilled and trained workforce is still exploring and drilling our oil after over 50 years of oil majors in Naija? The cost of hiring and retaining expats to work in auto industry in Naija would wipe out whatever gain u might have made in hiring low skilled labor like security and drivers. Naija universities are teaching Fortran77 while we are talking about folks who are qualified as automotive manufacturing engineers.. Does any Naija university offer automotive engineering?
Nobody is against Naija building her own car but build the infrastructure first.It's like trying to do a heart suggery on a patient when there are no hospitals and doctors. Why can't govt ban foreign medical trips and in order to " force" Cleveland Clinics" to come to Naija?
Same way GSM companies came and charge the most expensive fees and offer the crappiest service.

Thanks Jare, this will just endup like that of GSM. we will be buying cars at exorbitant price with lowest quality u can think of.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by khollzz: 11:57am On Dec 31, 2013
FG don strt dia exploits again,aw can I buy dis crap 4 1.2m...rubbish its nt even worth 200k
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by farolee(m): 12:09pm On Dec 31, 2013
ndu_chucks: All things being equal, these Smart cars which are abundantly available in India, Brazil, and even the USA, in my opinion, are the only cars which can be assembled in Nigeria and sold to the public profitably, at the N1million - N1.2million price range.

Nwanne m, I'd rather but a 1998 Toyota Corolla brought in from Benin than any of these cars. What about you?

This one was spotted in the USA

This one in India

May God keep trailers in their paths when Nigerians start using these cheap, locally made vehicles. SMDH

Can you imagine Molue or one of this mad Trailer behind you along Apapa/wharf road, when driving this funny thing?
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by farolee(m): 12:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
Damsman10: BRAVO I LOVE INVENTIONS, i dont care if it luks like a matchbox as some of u are saying but i know we all have brains and we shud nt jst be users bt inventors.MORE GREASE TO YOUR ELBOW GUYS.

ASSEMBLING PLANT IS DEFERENT FROM MANUFACTURING PLANT.WE NEED TO MANUFACTURE AUTOMOBILE NOT JUST ASSEMBLING THEM.YOU CAN NOT MANUFACTURE AUTOMOBILE WITHOUT DEVELOPING YOUR STEEL/METAL INDUSTRTY AND THAT TAKE US BACK TO OUR AJAOKUTA.ASK TATA OF INDIA HOW THEY DO IT.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by ketoprofen(m): 12:20pm On Dec 31, 2013
farolee:

ASSEMBLING PLANT IS DEFERENT FROM MANUFACTURING PLANT.WE NEED TO MANUFACTURE AUTOMOBILE NOT JUST ASSEMBLING THEM.YOU CAN NOT MANUFACTURE AUTOMOBILE WITHOUT DEVELOPING YOUR STEEL/METAL INDUSTRTY AND THAT TAKE US BACK TO OUR AJAOKUTA.ASK TATA OF INDIA HOW THEY DO IT.

most plants overseas don't produce all their parts.
nnewi is coming up to that challenge by setting up car parts industries.
The same way nnewi made cables are the best around, better than the foreign made cables, so will the automobile parts be like.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by yolanda233(m): 3:16pm On Dec 31, 2013
I can't pay more than 250k for this thing!
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 31, 2013
ketoprofen: most plants overseas don't produce all their parts.
nnewi is coming up to that challenge by setting up car parts industries.

You're very correct. The difference however, between overseas automobile manufacturing plants and the Nnewi operation, is parts like engine and drivetrain castings are manufactured to THEIR own spec. So they hold the blueprints, the R & D is carried out by their own engineers.

It's worth noting not all foreign automobile manufacturing plants are as rich in resources like Nigeria, like steel and iron ore. So they WILL outsource to countries where steel is readily available. But the countries where their engines and transmission components are cast, including the casings, can NOT lay claim to these parts. Neither can they supply these components to any other manufacturer.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by olumide4christ: 3:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
Raggedy_Ann: Hyundai and Kia cars start below 1.2m even without assembling them in Nigeria and they are becomIng IncreasIngly popular amongst the mIddle class. The picanto starts at N1, 179, 000 the i10 starts at about 1m, while the getz and accent are roughly 1.4m for low trim levels. Nissan is a brand of repute and they're capable of doing what the Koreans are mastering- combining economy with class.

It's true that the average Nigerian would rather satisfy his craving for luxury than trade off for utility even if several others would afford their daily meals off that sacrifice. I'm sure most wealthy Indians didn't like it when Ghandi made them wear locally spun cloth but it was for the good of the Indian economy. The public needs to be educated and properly orientated - we are all responsible for building the nation.

Are you sure of this The last time I checked, a Kia Picanto was N1.8 million!! A Hyundai Accent was about N1.8 million at least while a Kia RIo was N2.2 million!! Check your facts very well from Dana motors, Stallion motors. If Kia & Hyundai cars were as cheap as you said, many people like us would have gotten them by now. If they were that cheap, the federal government would not be requesting car manufacturers to come to Nigeria to set up industries to produce cars that cost the same amount as Kia and Hyundai cars that are already world renowned brands!

Check your facts!
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by olumide4christ: 4:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

My first point was that: there is no way the cars for 1.2 would be as crude as those in the OP. The Picanto and the accent are decent enough and they come almost that cheap presently.

NEVER! PUT CALLS THROUGH TO DANA MOTORS AND STALLION MOTORS WHO ARE THE IMPORTERS AND DEALERS OF KIA & HYUNDAI CARS. THEIR RESPONSE WOULD PROVE YOU WRONG!
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by decision01: 4:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
the news na crab..visit innoson nnewi n see for yourself..ama shear the good news soon..gej is the best thing...
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by alsudaes1(m): 5:20pm On Dec 31, 2013
jaz: say whaaaaaaaaat!!!
how trailer wan no say car dey beside am. na to climb on top oo.
how many inches b dat rim sef. b like 9 inches. the car is empty inside.

Lol. . .
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by ebugliemo(m): 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2013
Hadeyemy: God I cnt buy this for 10k. I wud rather buy a bicycle than gettin this tortoise
u hav' nailed it.LOL
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by supereagle(m): 8:01pm On Dec 31, 2013
Aso Rock and the Executives should example and use first. Other patriotic Nigeria will start using it. But the people in Govt will not show example.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by stpat1(m): 10:06pm On Dec 31, 2013
Siena: I too would rather buy a 10-year-old Audi, than a brand new assembled-in-Nigeria car, regardless of how cheap it is.

@Siena, I still find it hard to believe that this is coming from you. Are you saying nothing good can come out of Nigeria? The cars to be assembled in Nigeria do not necessarily have to be these. You should know that any quality car can be assembled in Nigeria under the right environment and political backing.

Na wah o. I think I actually overrated and misplaced you. Well having said that, I believe as humans we are not perfect so I'll take this as one of your imperfect qualities.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by adconline(m): 1:33am On Jan 01, 2014
stpat1:

@Siena, I still find it hard to believe that this is coming from you. Are you saying nothing good can come out of Nigeria? The cars to be assembled in Nigeria do not necessarily have to be these. You should know that any quality car can be assembled in Nigeria under the right environment and political backing.

Na wah o. I think I actually overrated and misplaced you. Well having said that, I believe as humans we are not perfect so I'll take this as one of your imperfect qualities.

Cos Sienna knows the challenges of building a car manufacturing plant. IVM gets their powertrain from Cummins, USA and another Chinese maker. Someone who has never designed a house doesn't start making plans on building a skyscraper. Primary school before University!
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by kayultimate(m): 1:35am On Jan 01, 2014
God 4bid badt tin
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by stpat1(m): 1:47am On Jan 01, 2014
adconline:

Cos Sienna knows the challenges of building a car manufacturing plant. IVM gets their powertrain from Cummins, USA and another Chinese maker. Someone who has never designed a house doesn't start making plans on building a skyscraper. Primary school before University!

It has to start someday. The time is now
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 1:50am On Jan 01, 2014
lawrenceunaa: that's why u re inferior for underating your country gosh Nigeria can never be one with people like your abi you think all your Italian shoes were imported sorry cos they re all made in Aba but because of people like u they had to imprint Italy on it.smh

If Nigeria considers her citizens inferior for daring to have a choice (which human beings DO have) when it comes to spending their hard-earned money, then I'll happily remain inferior.

As for my shoes coming from Aba, I doubt it. When did Nigeria begin exporting shoes to the West?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) / "MMM Why?" Spotted On A Keke In Asaba Today. Photos / Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.