Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics (1816 Views)

Nigerian Women Are Bad Drivers!!! / Lagos Restricts Danfo Drivers To 8-Hrs Of Work / New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics by cescky(m): 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2013
Yesterday,while driving through cele,I was alone in the car,and there was hold up,a shabby guy crossed my front and pointed to my bumper and said"smoke they comot for ya car" about 3 other guys all crosed the front at various times and made the same statemnet.the first two guys looked rough,but the last guy looked ok.

When the first guy pointed I switched off my ac and wound down.I tried to look for spot to park,but I thank God I got none so idecided to risk it and drive to festac my destination.when I got home I touched my bonnet etc,next day checked my fans,radiator etc and I found out evry thing was still intact.after telling people my ordeal.....our conclusion is that those people that crossed my path and said my car was removing smoke are robbers..supossing I stoped it would have been another story,another thing is I was alone in the car(they purposely target lone drivers)

Moderators pls let nigerians see this(front page).
May God protect us all from evil.
Re: Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics by Hadeyemy: 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
How come did they cross your front. Na bicycle u dy drive??
Re: Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics by KenJak(m): 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
All right bro. Thanks for the info.
Re: Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
Hadeyemy: How come did they cross your front. Na bicycle u dy drive??

If you took time to read what Cesky posted, (slowly too) you'll find he was driving in dense traffic.

3 Likes

Re: Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics by Hadeyemy: 10:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
Nd u probably think dy wil rob sumone in such a situation
Re: Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics by adezjamz(m): 10:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
Since when?

1 Like

Re: Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics by rottable(m): 10:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
Op, they can't rob inside traffic because they can't escape
Re: Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics by CharLee22: 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
Op, u didnt giv us any fact, u jst dey assume. U were in a traffic jam, so wit a gun, dey'l rob ur ass.
Re: Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics by magicfingers009: 12:36am On Dec 30, 2013
rottable: Op, they can't rob inside traffic because they can't escape
Don't be ignorant sir, They rob well in traffic. Nigerians would be watching while it happens, some would even bring out their phones to record and none would help out. Always WIND UP in traffic.
Re: Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics by inze(m): 1:04am On Dec 30, 2013
magicfingers009:
Don't be ignorant sir, They rob well in traffic. Nigerians would be watching while it happens, some would even bring out their phones to record and none would help out. Always WIND UP in traffic.

word
Re: Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics by ziccoit: 6:17am On Dec 30, 2013
magicfingers009:

Some people don't know seemly Impossibile things happen until they fall victim. These men of underworld can do anything. May God be our protector.
Re: Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 30, 2013

Char Lee 22: Op, u didnt giv us any fact, u jst dey assume. U were in a traffic jam, so wit a gun, dey'l rob ur ass.

adezjamz: Since when?

Don't be ignorant. Learn to take advices and make amendment before the "unneedful" (sic) happens
Re: Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics by CharLee22: 8:45am On Dec 30, 2013
lomomike:
Don't be ignorant. Learn to take advices and make amendment before the "unneedful" (sic) happens

U seem nt 2 knw d meaning of d word IGNORANT or u lack basic understanding 2 follow an arguement logically. From d gist d op gave, he couldnt actually tell dat dose guys were robbers. Ok wat if dere was smoke like dey said n Godforbid sometin happens 2 d car while he is on d hi-way? Who u go com call ignorant? undecideduse ur head
Re: Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 30, 2013
Char Lee 22:

U seem nt 2 knw d meaning of d word IGNORANT or u lack basic understanding 2 follow an arguement logically. From d gist d op gave, he couldnt actually tell dat dose guys were robbers. Ok wat if dere was smoke like dey said n Godforbid sometin happens 2 d car while he is on d hi-way? Who u go com call ignorant? undecideduse ur head

O yeah, like seriously are you for real? undecided stop spewing your ignorance. Thanks for following my advice boy!
Re: Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics by erniok(m): 12:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
cescky: Yesterday,while driving through cele,I was alone in the car,and there was hold up,a shabby guy crossed my front and pointed to my bumper and said"smoke they comot for ya car" about 3 other guys all crosed the front at various times and made the same statemnet.the first two guys looked rough,but the last guy looked ok.

When the first guy pointed I switched off my ac and wound down.I tried to look for spot to park,but I thank God I got none so idecided to risk it and drive to festac my destination.when I got home I touched my bonnet etc,next day checked my fans,radiator etc and I found out evry thing was still intact.after telling people my ordeal.....our conclusion is that those people that crossed my path and said my car was removing smoke are robbers..supossing I stoped it would have been another story,another thing is I was alone in the car(they purposely target lone drivers)

Moderators pls let nigerians see this(front page).
May God protect us all from evil.
What time of the day did this incident occur. This could help people that ply that route.
Re: Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics by erniok(m): 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2013
Char Lee 22:

The question you need to ask yourself is why non of the indicators on his dashboard warned him of the said smoke and why he also did not see any wisp of the smoke.
Re: Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics by cescky(m): 1:14pm On Dec 30, 2013
erniok:
What time of the day did this incident occur. This could help people that ply that route.

At night,Between the hours of 8-9pm
Re: Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics by cescky(m): 1:46pm On Dec 30, 2013
For those that can't deduce the logic behind their tactics ill simplify to your level(at the point they crossed my front the holdup was easing up,so their tactics was for me to clear and park a few feets ahead so that they can pounce...then it four against one)

What they probably wanted was the car,not just mare phones etc.

peps shouldn't be ignorant people get robbed in traffic and I mean serious traffic,fast food joints etc

Word is enuff for those that are wise.afterall no one is charging for the advice.
Re: Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics by femmy2010(m): 6:18am On Dec 31, 2013
Hadeyemy: Nd u probably think dy wil rob sumone in such a situation

Certainly they can.
Re: Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics by Exponental(m): 6:35am On Dec 31, 2013
are u a jjc?
1st time I saw it was at charity b/stop oshodi, directly opposite d military school/base about 7yrs ago....... E don tey!

(1) (Reply)

Misfire Issue On 2008 Honda Accord V6 With VCM Engine. / Tin-Can Cleared 2007 Toyota 4-runner For Sale For #4m (Negotiabl / I Need A Good Tokunbo Engine For This Daihatsu Mini Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.