Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' (3310 Views)

See The Kind Of Picture A Guy Took With His Mom (photo) / How My Stepsister And Her Husband Tricked Me And Took Egg From My Ovaries / My Corp Member Niece Gave Her Brand new Car As Seed Of Faith In Her Church (2) (3) (4)

''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
Good evening, fellow NLers. I watched a family show on AIT this afternoon, ''Mini Jojo'' which comes on air by 3pm on Sundays.

The issue raised was that of a man who discovered that his wife actually took the Plasma TV @ home to the church as a seed offering. I will try to re-create the scenes that played out based on my imaginations. Lest I forget, let me add that the husband is an itinerant businessman who checks on his wife and kids twice in a month, mostly @ two weeks intervals.

WIFE: Darling, welcome. How was the journey?

HUSBAND: Stressful, dear. Can I have a glass of cold water?

W: Sure. I will be right back.

H: (becomes unsettled
as he notices that the Plasma TV is no longer in its usual position)
Darling, hold on! What happened to the TV?

W: (Wife becomes fidgety at this point, stutters)

Errm...The TV...actually...you see..Yes, Junior and his friend where throwing objects @ each other...the electric voltage was flunctuating yesterday. So it damaged the TV. We took it to the technician's shop.

H: Hmmm...Are u sure? O.K. No problem, make sure you remind me about it so that I will give you the money for the repairs before I leave tomorrow

Husband comes on after two weeks only to find out that the Plasma TV is not yet back from its ''FOREIGN MEDICAL CHECK-UP'' @ the technician's shop.

H: Darling, why is the TV not back?

W: I didn't want to bother you about it on the phone. The money you gave me is not enough for the repairs.
Husband gives her additional cash in the spirit of not wanting the children to venture out of the house and mingle with bad company.

Fast forward to a month after

H: What is the meaning of this rubbish? Who is the silly and lazy technician you took my TV to? We're going there now!

W: (goes on her knees)
Darling, I didn't know how to say this all this while but the truth is I actually gave out the TV to our church as a seed offering.
After church service next Sunday:

PASTOR: My brother in the Lord, the TV is actually been used in South Africa presently for the propagation of the gospel

H: (visibly angry and irritated by Pastor's remark)
That is your cup of tea, Sir! What I know is that she better make this church her permanent residence as long as it takes for my TV to return to my sitting room!

PASTOR: (sounding cocky)

She is most welcomed! That is not a big deal! *Can you imagine such arrogance*

Abeg, if you are in his shoes, what will you do?

P.S: In my own opinion, the above story is 95% real.
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by adezjamz(m): 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
weed

Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by oladistinct(m): 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
I ll get my tv back. Period.

I ll use force even if it means beating the sh1t out of the pastor.

Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by bukatyne(f): 9:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
LOL!

How would the wife have sown the Tv without hubby's knowlegde/ consent?

How would the pastor collect such from one party? Judging from the story, the hubby would not be frequent in church
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by vickz: 9:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
Nice one.....bringing back my tv wil b d last bus stop.
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
adezjamz: weed

Oga na wa for u o..so na weed you won type wey u reserve space like say you won do crusade...lol
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by tobillionaire(m): 10:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
sowing bountifully... to reap bountifully
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
I no fit talk anytin
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by Munner(m): 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
I dey come.
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
Let me consult the council of elders first!
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by tpia5: 10:55pm On Dec 29, 2013
nutty_hnic: I ll get my tv back. Period.

I ll use force even if it means bearing the sh1t out of the pastor.

anger management classes in order.
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by tpia5: 10:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
@ topic

go to the pastor/church and explain you want your tv back.

that is all, no need to table the matter on the internet.
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by tosan200(m): 11:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
tpia@:

you sound like you have anger issues and are just walking around looking for who to use violence on.
What's this one yarning? undecided

Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by Dollarjunkie: 12:16am On Dec 30, 2013
The family seems comfortable. So what's the wife's reason for sowing the seed? Cuz I was meant to believe that one sows seed in expectation of something.
To me, the pastor asked the wife for the TV. They both have some skeleton in their cupboard which can be noticed in the pastors reply.
The man should forget the TV and go buy another one. Of course not without stopping his family from attending to that church and putting it to the wife never to sow seed with his property again, her belongings inclusive.
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by gabbytabby: 12:17am On Dec 30, 2013
Withdraw pocket money until the money complete to buy another TV. Na madam wan sow seed so let her seed be sown dont forget the repairs money she also collected under false pretense.

Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by Nobody: 4:03am On Dec 30, 2013
@all: thanks for your comments. If i was the husband, I will simply go along with two mopol officers to the church in mufti the next sunday. As soon as the offering and other contributions are collected, we will count it to determine the remaining balance left to make up for the TV and repairs fees. Forget say na church we dey o. Desperate situation requires desperate action. Then the Pastor will be the guest of the police station for as long as it takes for the church members to raise the remaining balance.

Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by Nobody: 4:06am On Dec 30, 2013
tpia@:
@ topic

go to the pastor/church and explain you want your tv back.

that is all, no need to table the matter on the internet.
sis/ma'am, kindly read the original post LINE BY LINE! The matter in focus didn't happen to me o.
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by pickabeau1: 5:08am On Dec 30, 2013
bukatyne: LOL!

How would the wife have sown the Tv without hubby's knowlegde/ consent?

How would the pastor collect such from one party? Judging from the story, the hubby would not be frequent in church

The pastor will not know it was the wife's decision...

Modern Pastors are collection points
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by greatgod2012(f): 6:18am On Dec 30, 2013
This is where some people, mostly xtians usually get it wrong, how can someone sow offering without the approval of his/her spouse, such offering is not even acceptable before our Holy God.
To make the matter worse, look at the way the pastor responded to husband's question, as if that was what God called him to do.
Well, I'm aint surprised, most pastors we have in this present age are businessmen, and most of the members are gullible set of people.
What seed was she even sowing, this is part of the things they use to cajole them, is it not this NL that we read how a pastor collect a car from a youth corper as a seed offering?
Sowing seed is good but should jointly be done by and with the approval of the couple. Giving is generally good, but not with stu pi dity.
My people perish for lack of knowledge, many people can not pray, study the word of God themselves, they want the pastors to be doing all of these for them, and since they can't study what is in the word of God, how can they understand, if they can't understand, how can they put it into use, how will their pastor not use their gullibility to his own opportunity?

I just hope what happened in that family will not break that family up, and if it does, the pastor has kuku promised that there is no big deal, there is a place for her in the church.
I just wish everyone will learn from this and start doing things right.
Giving is good, but if you're married, and you want to give, especially in the church or to your pastor, let it be with the permission and approval of each other, that is when I believe that your giving would be acceptable by our Holy God.
May God help us all.

Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by rodeo0070(m): 7:08am On Dec 30, 2013
Judging from pastor's reply, I suspect the woman and him have skeleton in their cupboards...
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by bellong: 9:21am On Dec 30, 2013
It is not biblical for a wife to give offering in the church without the consent of the husband. If the husband demands the TV back, he has sinned against nobody.

It is very very wrong of the Pastor not to ask if the woman's husband is in the know of the offering. It shows that he is only interested in the gift not the wholesome spiritual development of the sheep. Pathetic.

This is a call to husbands to be the priest of their own house rather than allow their wives to be tossed about with every wind of doctrine.
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by jaz(m): 11:14am On Dec 30, 2013
I'm simply lost for words.
but really, after the pastor's comment that my wife is welcomed to stay in the church I'll mostly likely have beaten him up right there on d spot. what nonsense. is that her house or did he pay the bride price for me wey him wan dey stroke my wife under pretense of "she's in the church" I'll also have the pastor arrested for fraudulent activities (419 tinz)
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by Dhelake: 11:16am On Dec 30, 2013
The woman has been brainwashed by the pastor... if not, Why would you sow your TV when you don't presently have another to replace it and she even sowed the TV without telling the who seems to be the one who bought the TV originally... the worse was lying to him again.. that is so bad.. and it could cause serious crisis in their home
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by adegwurulez(m): 11:59am On Dec 30, 2013
Like seriously this ish is getting out of hand. Nowadays, the so called pastors only preach about sowing, whatever happen to the real gospel of Jesus is no beef of theirs, as long as the 'magas' keep paying.

Gone are the days when their taxing tactics was centered on 'sow something that will provoke the lord'. This days it's now 'give something that will provoke your husband. Who knows, the woman must have been praying for a particular blessing and it wasn't forthcoming so the pastor only gave a simple advice, "Give something that will provoke your husband"
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by pickabeau1: 12:39pm On Dec 30, 2013
funny guy,,,,

adegwurulez: Like seriously this ish is getting out of hand. Nowadays, the so called pastors only preach about sowing, whatever happen to the real gospel of Jesus is no beef of theirs, as long as the 'magas' keep paying.

Gone are the days when their taxing tactics was centered on 'sow something that will provoke the lord'. This days it's now 'give something that will provoke your husband. Who knows, the woman must have been praying for a particular blessing and it wasn't forthcoming so the pastor only gave a simple advice, "Give something that will provoke your husband"
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by tpia5: 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
bheegsam:

P.S: In my own opinion, the above story is 95% real.

Is it?

If its true then the church should return the tv.
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by gedtalks(m): 4:08pm On Dec 30, 2013
Christ embassey/ BLW things........that reminds me; 2003 my sister asked me to sew my nokia 1100 to their fellowship as ''seed''. My reply to her was ''even if your BLW pastor cuts his hands and places it in front of me to beg me. I WILL SHOUT NO!!! to his face .... She got my point and never tried me with that again.
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by bukatyne(f): 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
pickabeau1:

The pastor will not know it was the wife's decision...

Modern Pastors are collection points

Shouldn't the pastor ask after the husband even if it is stylishl?

How dare the pastor say the wife is free to sleep in the church? Someone who should even apologize to the hubby and tell madam to return the tv and use style to collect brand new from oga

Most Christians don't read or practice what is in ther Bibles anyways so one jump up pastor can direct their lives anyhow

Some pastors are out there to destroy families
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by dayokanu(m): 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
Simple i would pack all her clothes and jewelries or things she cherish and go sow it at another church

That kain woman very soon she would sow her toto as a seed

Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by pickabeau1: 5:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
bukatyne:

Shouldn't the pastor ask after the husband even if it is stylishl?

How dare the pastor say the wife is free to sleep in the church? Someone who should even apologize to the hubby and tell madam to return the tv and use style to collect brand new from oga

Most Christians don't read or practice what is in ther Bibles anyways so one jump up pastor can direct their lives anyhow

Some pastors are out there to destroy families

You are making two points which may or may not be interrelated

Asking a woman if her spouse is in support of an offering is optional

However it is evident that the pastor is a flippant character n a 'mouth runner'
Re: ''help! She Took Our Plasma TV To Church As Seed Offering!'' by bukatyne(f): 5:38pm On Dec 30, 2013
pickabeau1:

You are making two points which may or may not be interrelated

Asking a woman if her spouse is in support of an offering is optional

However it is evident that the pastor is a flippant character n a 'mouth runner'

It depends on the offering

If it was monetary, he might be pardoned but tokunbo TV?

Haba!

HELP: My 2 Months Old Baby Took Her Own Selfie With My Phone... / My Wife Still Uses Her Maiden Name To Open Bank Account / .

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51