Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan (65441 Views)

Wole Soyinka & Wife Folake, Step Out For Mo Abudu's Movie / Wole Soyinka Daughter Dies!!! / Wole Soyinka's Daughter, Iyetade Dies At 48 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by Brimmie(m): 10:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
This is sad.. Wole Soyinka's Daughter Dies!!

Daughter of Nobel Prize winner Wole Soyinka, Iyetade Soyinka has passed on at the age of 48, Sahara Reporters report. Ms. Soyinka, who was born June 6, 1965, died at the University of Ibadan Teaching Hospital where she was being treated for an undisclosed ailment.

The death was disclosed in a statement signed by Jahman Anikulapo, an aide to Mr. Soyinka, one of the world’s foremost dramatists and winner of the 1986
Nobel Prize in literature. The statement noted that the late Iyetade Soyinka was a student at the Staff School and Queens School, Ibadan before she studied Medicine at the University of Ibadan.

Mr. Anikulapo’s statement described the deceased as “affable, intelligent and sometimes capricious,” adding that she
“struggled with her health in recent years.” Despite her health woes, the late Iyetade Soyinka “greeted every day with a smile and doted on her two children.”

The statement, which was issued on behalf of the deceased’s family, revealed that Ms. Soyinka “took ill quite suddenly and passed away while being treated at UCH, Ibadan. “Iyetade leaves behind two children, both parents, numerous siblings, nieces and nephews.”

[url=http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nobel-laureate-soyinka%E2%80%99s-daughter-dies]Source: SaharaReporters[/url]

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by talktimi(m): 11:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
Painful exit

4 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by BMZK: 11:02pm On Dec 29, 2013
Rip

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
Source?
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
R.I.P!

I hope this doesn't turn to hate filled place in few minutes/hours.

Respect the dead......

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by physise(m): 11:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
R.I.P
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by kerijay(m): 11:13pm On Dec 29, 2013
RIP....

75 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 29, 2013
RIP
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by taharqa: 11:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
Condolences to d Great Prof and d Family, Friends of d late lady..

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by seanet02: 11:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
kerijay: RIP....I will Live long to buried my Parents in Jesus Name..Amen
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by jmaine: 11:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
Such a sad news . . . sad
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by lincolnj88: 11:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
Rip....
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by agbameta: 11:30pm On Dec 29, 2013
RIP.

Sorry for your lose Prof. Wole Soyinka.
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by Clerverly: 11:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
May The Spirits Of The Forgone Terrors Smile On Her Soul......AWUMEN!!!

14 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by Italiano1: 11:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
RIP

Commiserations to Professor Oluwole for his loss. May her soul rest in peace!

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by franklinnnoli: 11:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
Rip
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by Italiano1: 11:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
pistol: Maybe she went for abortion to abort rotimi Amechi illegimate baby...
Anyway RIP.

I just want to notify you and members of your family that you are an i.diot!

250 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by oduaboy1: 11:38pm On Dec 29, 2013
Anyway RIP.
Kindly permit to say this sir.
You are a fuckingg moro'n

71 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by Longeria(m): 11:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eyaa, it's painful to die because of sin of the father....................

Yes, Soyinka wickedly transformed another man's daughter to SHEPOPOTAMUS.

8 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by oduaboy1: 11:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

I Can imagine how devastated the prof would be...

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by angelTI(f): 11:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
RIP Madam

Condelence to Prof and family

So sad; so so sad
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by JulianBond007: 11:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
Anyway RIP.
You deserve to be castrated for such a silly comment. Stoopid!! sad

RIP ma'am! My condolences to the Soyinka family.

22 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by Dollarjunkie: 11:44pm On Dec 29, 2013
RIP to the dead.

But I think it's suppose to be the deceased pix in the news not that of the bereaved.

11 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by MayorofLagos(m): 11:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by oduaboy1: 11:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
Longeria: Eyaa, it's painful to die because of sin of the father....................

Who unleashed mad men on nairaland today?.Someone lost his daughter and this is all you have to say.So in your warped and myopic mind soyinka daughter died because the prof called your jesus "shepopotamus".

You must be having a good laugh at your extreme display of stupidity.

46 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by LordMecuzy(m): 11:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
Clerverly: May The Spirits Of The Forgone Terrors Smile On Her Soul......AWUMEN!!!

Nyben Y Echo on a Cyber Island Filled with Lobbers

14 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
Anyway RIP.

You are a despicable human being! I hope your people condemn your stupidity. I won't be surprised if they support your stupidity because some of your people already liking your post. A thug like you should be in a locked box somewhere in Russia. Disgusting people.

30 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by Dhurmynick(m): 11:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
I actually feel sorry for someone for the first time in my life.
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by oladoya(m): 11:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
chai!! I wonder what her family will look like now. I pray this will not be our portion in the remaining days of this year. May God console her family.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
Longeria: Eyaa, it's painful to die because of sin of the father....................

Disgusting human being you are!

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Cossy Orjiakor Meets Pete Edochie (photo). / Obasanjo Is My Father-In-Law - Tonto Dikeh / Teni Pulled Out Of Car Through The Window After Getting Stuck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.