Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

A Promise To My Future Wife. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Promise To My Future Wife. (1272 Views)

My Future Wife Must Be From The Village. / To My Future Wife / To My Future Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Promise To My Future Wife. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
I just composed it right now, and i decided to share this with the world. It goes this way. I PROMISE TO 1)Always put you in particular, and our family in totality first before myself, (your interest is of foremost importance to me). 2) Be your rock, comforter when you mourn, protector in time of danger, companion in times of loneliness, bring warmth to you in the cold weather tongue and pillar to make you upright (you are my sunshine and deserve this and much more). 3) To put the happiness of our family above Material things, no job or contract will take me away from you for so long, it's better for us to soak garri and groundnut from the same plate in love than to have a banquet without me present to eat with you and the kids. 4)Be the best father to our kids, be always present in those precious moments, to be involved in their upbringing, to train them as upright people in a morally bankrupt world. 5) Draw us closer to God as a family under my leadership 6)Never abuse my God given authority as the head of the family. I will NEVER be a tyrant oppressor or a thorn in the flesh. 7) love you as my own body. Since i would not beat up myself, exploit myself or subject myself to physical, mental or emotional abuse, i would NEVER do same to you. (cool To love you despite your imperfections and faults. I am not perfect and thus do not expect perfection from you, just be the best wife, and mother to us. 9)Be with you in challenging times, when you need me the most, be it during the birth of our child, when you will need my support, or when sick and need my attention, time and love, or during old age, when you need my support the most. In short, our marriage will be FOR BETTER FOR WORSE in the real sense of it. And finally 10) To be your listening ear, the one you can pour your heart to, share problems with, and listen to your challenges as well. To summarise this, I PROMISE TO BE THE SOURCE OF YOUR HAPPINESS. So help me God.

4 Likes

Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by bluuu: 11:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
huuuh so cute and nice smileysmileysmileysmileycheesycheesygrin
Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by Maipride(f): 12:27am On Dec 30, 2013
Hmmm.... Love..??

@op, all the best.
Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by senorova(m): 12:44am On Dec 30, 2013
You have a good heart.
I hope your wife will have one too.

#amen

1 Like

Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by naijacutee(f): 6:41am On Dec 30, 2013
May you be blessed with a wife that appreciates these, and who is also ready to make sacrifices for you regardless of financial status - amen.

1 Like

Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by greatgod2012(f): 9:17am On Dec 30, 2013
It is better not to make a vow than making a vow and not fulfilling it. Im sure you know what it entails before making promises, and i pray that God will give you the grace and power to fulfill your vows as well as bless you with the woman that will make it easy for you to fulfill your promises. Amen.

I also pray to be a better wife to my husband and a better mother to my children. May God help me. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by jumzzy448: 9:23am On Dec 30, 2013
Hope all dis tin wey u write no be for mouth.
Try and fulfil this promise and see the way your marriage turns out beautifully.

1 Like

Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by Dexmars(m): 9:32am On Dec 30, 2013
If the Op can achieve 60% of what he just wrote down, He should be able to join me in the top 10 best husbands of Nigeria grin
Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by apoti(m): 9:52am On Dec 30, 2013
So help you God

1 Like

Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 30, 2013
Thank you for your responses. I had to be the husband to my mother (since the age gap is not too wide) because my own father was away for most part of my life. I got to know my father for the first time when i was about three or four years. I know the pain of not having your father arround you. I know the pain of eating dinner time and time again without your father on the table. I know the pain of a wife who spends night upon night without your man beside you, to talk to, to tell how your day was and to generally confide in. To make matters worse, no telephone then. I know the pain of seeing other boys playing soccer with their father, assisting them in learning how to ride a bycycle, and you look behind and see nobody. I had to be the listening ear to my mother, be the confidant (i tell you that my mother tells me things my father have no idea about) had to save up my pocket money to take my mother on an outing, had to buy the gifts and complement her when she makes her hair and the list is endless. My father and i today are trying to build a relationship today, and the same goes for him and my mother. Experiencing all that, i vowed not to make the same mistake, to be always there for my family. I overhead my father say some years ago that one of his biggest regrets is that he was not fully involved in my upbringing and formative years. House, is it advisable for me to make the same mistake?
Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 30, 2013
apoti: So help you God
mr apoti, long time! I followed your thread on the birth of your child and i must congratulate you once again. What is her name? And you were one of the people that inspired my #9. Good day and God bless.
Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 30, 2013
Grow up with ur kids. play and have fun with them as they grow up and they will have fun with you when u are old
Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by apoti(m): 10:13am On Dec 30, 2013
PocketEconomist: mr apoti, long time! I followed your thread on the birth of your child and i must congratulate you once again. What is her name? And you were one of the people that inspired my #9. Good day and God bless.

Thanks PocketEconomist, glad you were inspired. Her name is Esther
Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 30, 2013
apoti:

Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 30, 2013
apoti:

Okay. Miss Esther Apoti. That's good. May she bring joy to you and your wife. Amen!
Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 30, 2013
PocketEconomist: Thank you for your responses. I had to be the husband to my mother (since the age gap is not too wide) because my own father was away for most part of my life. I got to know my father for the first time when i was about three or four years. I know the pain of not having your father arround you. I know the pain of eating dinner time and time again without your father on the table. I know the pain of a wife who spends night upon night without your man beside you, to talk to, to tell how your day was and to generally confide in. To make matters worse, no telephone then. I know the pain of seeing other boys playing soccer with their father, assisting them in learning how to ride a bycycle, and you look behind and see nobody. I had to be the listening ear to my mother, be the confidant (i tell you that my mother tells me things my father have no idea about) had to save up my pocket money to take my mother on an outing, had to buy the gifts and complement her when she makes her hair and the list is endless. My father and i today are trying to build a relationship today, and the same goes for him and my mother. Experiencing all that, i vowed not to make the same mistake, to be always there for my family. I overhead my father say some years ago that one of his biggest regrets is that he was not fully involved in my upbringing and formative years. House, is it advisable for me to make the same mistake?

cry cry
God bless you and yours. May the best locate you. All the best .
Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 30, 2013
Chillisauce:

cry cry
God bless you and yours. May the best locate you. All the best .
Thank you very much.
Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 30, 2013
Very good post. My brother, it is important that you aspire very high so that if you don't meet all of it, you would still have done very well.

I understand what you mean in number 3, but my prayer for you is that you will never drink garri and groundnut with your family. You know children are also involved and lack may not just involve your and your wife but also your children. You want to live in a decent environment and be able to send your children to good schools, so it is important you can provide.

Sometimes leaving your family for a while for the overall benefit of the family is not necessarily bad as long as it is for a definite period and everyone agrees with it. Also it should not be very early on in the marriage. If say after ten years, your work transfers you to another city or you get a much better job there, you can work around it. Money is very important o and I say again, may you and your family never lack in Jesus name!
Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 30, 2013
Nashville: Very good post. My brother, it is important that you aspire very high so that if you don't meet all of it, you would still have done very well.

I understand what you mean in number 3, but my prayer for you is that you will never drink garri and groundnut with your family. You know children are also involved and lack may not just involve your and your wife but also your children. You want to live in a decent environment and be able to send your children to good schools, so it is important you can provide.

Sometimes leaving your family for a while for the overall benefit of the family is not necessarily bad as long as it is for a definite period and everyone agrees with it. Also it should not be very early on in the marriage. If say after ten years, your work transfers you to another city or you get a much better job there, you can work around it. Money is very important o and I say again, may you and your family never lack in Jesus name!
Thank you very much. The garri and groundnut part is figurative. What i meant was that A contented house with the basic things, food clothes house and a family car with me present is better than a mansion with exotic cars and exotic holidays in my absence.
Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
jumzzy448: Hope all dis tin wey u write no be for mouth.
Try and fulfil this promise and see the way your marriage turns out beautifully.
lol @ no be for mouth.
Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by bukatyne(f): 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
This is so sweet kiss

I pray you marry the bone of your bone so that you will do all these with joy and ease

PocketEconomist: I just composed it right now, and i decided to share this with the world. It goes this way. I PROMISE TO 1)Always put you in particular, and our family in totality first before myself, (your interest is of foremost importance to me). 2) Be your rock, comforter when you mourn, protector in time of danger, companion in times of loneliness, bring warmth to you in the cold weather tongue and pillar to make you upright (you are my sunshine and deserve this and much more). 3) To put the happiness of our family above Material things, no job or contract will take me away from you for so long, it's better for us to soak garri and groundnut from the same plate in love than to have a banquet without me present to eat with you and the kids. 4)Be the best father to our kids, be always present in those precious moments, to be involved in their upbringing, to train them as upright people in a morally bankrupt world. 5) Draw us closer to God as a family under my leadership 6)Never abuse my God given authority as the head of the family. I will NEVER be a tyrant oppressor or a thorn in the flesh. 7) love you as my own body. Since i would not beat up myself, exploit myself or subject myself to physical, mental or emotional abuse, i would NEVER do same to you. (cool To love you despite your imperfections and faults. I am not perfect and thus do not expect perfection from you, just be the best wife, and mother to us. 9)Be with you in challenging times, when you need me the most, be it during the birth of our child, when you will need my support, or when sick and need my attention, time and love, or during old age, when you need my support the most. In short, our marriage will be FOR BETTER FOR WORSE in the real sense of it. And finally 10) To be your listening ear, the one you can pour your heart to, share problems with, and listen to your challenges as well. To summarise this, I PROMISE TO BE THE SOURCE OF YOUR HAPPINESS. So help me God.
Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by bukatyne(f): 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2013
apoti:

Esther?

With all the Atinuke campaign? embarassed

She will be a star to her generation and just as Esther solved the problem of her nation, she will be a problem solver.
Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by bukatyne(f): 5:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
You too like money angry

I rather drink ga... with my bobo in my arms than chi.... with across the ocean loff lipsrsealed tongue

How is your family?

Compliments of the season

Nashville: Very good post. My brother, it is important that you aspire very high so that if you don't meet all of it, you would still have done very well.

Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2013
bukatyne: You too like money angry

I rather drink ga... with my bobo in my arms than chi.... with across the ocean loff lipsrsealed tongue

How is your family?

Compliments of the season

We are good my sister. How you and boo? Happy New Year to both of you. Una go become billionaires in 2014, after you get married!

Again I pray for you too that you will never drink garri in Jesus name especially when you have children. Its not too tough when it is two of you, but you do not want your unborn children drinking garri. Trust me, you dont want it!
Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by bukatyne(f): 6:03pm On Dec 30, 2013
Nashville:

We are good my sister. How you and boo? Happy New Year to both of you. Una go become billionaires in 2014, after you get married!

Again I pray for you too that you will never drink garri in Jesus name especially when you have children. Its not too tough when it is two of you, but you do not want your unborn children drinking garri. Trust me, you dont want it!

Amen!

Why is the billions after marriage na? embarassed angry
Re: A Promise To My Future Wife. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
Thank y'all once again.

(1) (Reply)

This Got Me Confused / 42 Exceptional Ways To 'kill' Your Husband / When A 10 Year Old Calls Her Mum silly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.