Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi (773 Views)

PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi / How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 / PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by kglamour(m): 12:55am On Dec 30, 2013
AHEAD of the 2015 presidential election, the Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has said unless the Peoples Democratic Party embraces rigging, it can never win elections in the country.
The governor, who made this remark while speaking with newsmen in Port Harcourt on Friday night, said with the exodus of PDP members to the All Progressives Congress, the ruling party was on its way out of power.
He said, “Most of you may have known that I have since left the PDP to a better party called the All Progressives Congress because the PDP is a drowning party and the facts remain that PDP is a drowning party.
“Watch out before March if we don’t have the numbers that we are looking for. So, you can’t call us opposition anymore because there are three arms of government and only two are electable; the executive and legislature.
“Yes, the PDP has the national executive, but we are inching close to having the legislature. Who then would be called the opposition if we have it?”
Amaechi, who predicted that more governors would defect to the APC in 2014, disclosed that one of the reasons why he left the PDP was as a result of the attempt by President Goodluck Jonathan’s wife, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, to interfere in the governance of Rivers State.
He also cited the ceding of Rivers resources to other states, the absence of Federal Government projects in the state and bad governance as the reasons why he dumped the PDP.
“But the basic reason why we left is the resources of Rivers State. I have told all of you on several occasions that the wife of the President was not elected the governor of Rivers State. I am the governor of Rivers State and husband to Judith Amaechi.
“I left because of the attempt by the wife of the President to micromanage governance in Rivers. I said no, you can’t; so that if I fail, they will not say the wife of the President failed, Governor Amaechi failed. I am accountable to God and to men and women,” he added.
Amaechi, however, said Nigerian politicians were averse to telling the truth and blamed Nigerians for the lack of interest in knowing the truth.
Recalling his claim that the Federal Government could not account for the sum of $49.8 bn and N2.3 trn oil subsidy, Amaechi said governors, at a time, refused to collect their states’ monthly allocations for three months.
He said, “When the politician reel out numbers, you should hold him accountable to the numbers he has reeled out. If you don’t hold them accountable, he will just say anything he likes.
“When I said the Federal Government could not account for $49.8 bn, they said, Amaechi, how did you know and I pulled out the letter and said the authority is the CBN governor.
“So, let him deny it. When I said they could not account for N2.3 trn for oil subsidy, they say what is your source? I was in the meeting with the President. We told the President that under General Obasanjo, the total oil money was N300 bn. The first year of President Goodluck Jonathan, 2011, oil subsidy became N2.3 trn. Did we buy more machines, expanded Nigeria?”
http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-can-never-win-in-nigeria-again-amaechi/
http://naijapolnews..com/2013/12/pdp-can-never-win-in-nigeria-again.html
Re: PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by homeboy205: 1:16am On Dec 30, 2013
ok
Re: PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by waleadex(m): 2:26am On Dec 30, 2013
Let's just chill to see who wins and what happens after 2015 general elections.
Re: PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by fajoren: 3:03am On Dec 30, 2013
aha this time we don over do am. gej man gotta hav conscience. the truth, the whole truth so help me God. tell em rotimi.
Re: PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by mrking3(m): 7:12am On Dec 30, 2013
This dude called Amechi should shut up already!!!

1 Like

Re: PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by insideview: 7:40am On Dec 30, 2013
What Ameachi seeks is not commendation but attention. All his pronouncements are targetted at attracting attention. Hence he will do and say any and everything to attract attention. What destroys people like this is not retribution but not recieving the attention they crave. Notice how ridiculous his conduct and utterances in public has become since he stooped recieving the attention of his intended tagets. He now dances skelewu on the streets. Fortunately, someone must have pointed this out to GEJ hence the silence from his angle.

And before anyone starts attacking me, kindly note that Ameachi's differences with Mr President have nothing to do with politics but personal ego and an unwillingness to accept changing realities. Throw in a touch of hubris and malignant narcissitic personality disorder and you get the full picture.

GEJ now understands that all he needs to do is ignore Ameachi and eventually he will self destruct. He seems to be right on track here. With any luck he should become a candidate for SS1 Governement curriculum in the not too distant future. At the rate he's digging.....

2 Likes

Re: PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by jmoore(m): 7:52am On Dec 30, 2013
Does it make any difference if a prostitute relocates?
Ashawo na ashawo.
All I can see is prostitution politics.

1 Like

Re: PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 30, 2013
PDP has never won in Nigeria, the have a perfect riggin structure, but thank God Nigerians are wiser now save for some few faceless and senseless people, Wether they like it or not, Nigeria Must be great again!
Re: PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 30, 2013
Yoruba should go, Hausa should go, Igbo should go.
No one Nigeria. Some people wants other tribes to remain their slaves in a country jointly owned by all.

Nigeria is disintegrating soon. Let us see the tribe that will suffer it most.

Enough is enough.
Re: PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by VICTORCIZA(m): 12:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
Attention seeker!
Re: PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by Demdem(m): 12:18pm On Dec 30, 2013
Amaechi spoke excellently well.
I can't imagine Shepopo trying to use her cronies like Bipi and co to govern us here in ph.
Her affront on Amaechi publicly years ago exposed her animalistic tendencies.
The wind of change is gradually but surely blowing in Rivers.
Re: PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by Bensonite: 12:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
Amaechi needs to take a time out, say 5 weeks in a cool environment. He is gradually getting mad and I am curious for his BP. politics is not do or die, all the people you are quarrelling with keep silent most of the time except you.

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola's Bags Of Iresi For Voters Don Land / BREAKING: Jonathan Sacks NNPC Boss, Appoints Replacement / Ghana Records First Case Of Ebola. This Is Really Spreading Fast.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.