Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,798 members, 7,806,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? (48051 Views)

Which Country Do You Prefere To Imigrate To USA Or UK? / A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) / What Are The Most RACIST Countries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by niyitogun(m): 6:09pm On Jan 02, 2014
PocketEconomist: you may be right, but from my experience, the chinese co operate, the indians/pakis co operate, but the Nigerians? I don't go near, they are nothing but trouble, always trying to show off and prove they've arrived. Smh, inferiority complex. I have more hispanic/asian/white friends than Nigerians/black and to be truthful, i feel more comfortable this way.

LOL!....Exactly the same here. Feels like you took the words out of my mouth

1 Like

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by sethken: 6:56pm On Jan 02, 2014
tensor77:
But truly slavery can no longer be held as an excuse. I don't know of any serious intellectual in America uses that as an excuse. We shouldn't get things twisted and be very honest. Forget about the extreme views of posters like Cap28.
The single cause of the challenges in black America is neither racism or slavery but the breakdown of the family unit.

And you seriously don't believe that slavery and systematic subjugation has a hand in the breakdown of the AA family? I believe it does. Whites in America post slavery, employed and continue to employ to this day, systematic policies designed to perpetually subjugate and keep especially African American males economically subordinate to their White male counterparts. The election of Barack Obama has not made things better, it has deepened the divide between Whites and Blacks. Whites understand that when you empower the man economically, you empower the society. Empowerment of the Black man carries along with it familial stability, and the overall growth of the black family. The White man understood this from slavery, and continue to understand this to date. The White man in America is also afraid of reprisal from the wrongs of the past. So, it is better to keep the Black man where he is, so that he will not lash out. Economic despondency in most Black communities brings about infighting among Blacks, in other words, divide and conquer. The Black man in America is his own worst enemy. The White man sees a bit of the lashing out in Obama's affordable health insurance act. Most Whites believe that Obamacare Care is a social welfare program designed to favor Blacks at the expense of the tax paying Whites. Most Whites are miffed at the election of Obama, a bi-racial man who is sympathetic to the Black struggle. Remember, Mitt Romney, received 61% of the White votes to Obama's 39%, so go figure.

1 Like

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by rhames(m): 7:52pm On Jan 02, 2014
All of the above countries are racist. grin

"If you are told to chose between two evils: a great one and a lesser one' dont choose any."- Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by cap28: 8:30pm On Jan 02, 2014
dasparrow: @Post

I lived in England briefly as a young child but have lived in America for quite a long time as an adult. I am not sure whether US or UK is more racist. Personally, I think that both countries are equally racist but go about racism in different ways. I know for a fact that USA is a very racist country. My goodness! The racism there can make one loose it if one is not careful.

@Cap28

Happy new year and I enjoyed reading your contributions on this thread and agree 100& with your point of view as always. Keep up the good work!

Many thanks bros and compliments of the season , hope you had a good xmas.
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by rafcrown(m): 8:59pm On Jan 02, 2014
boss1310: my answer is also a question.can a black man be a prime minister in uk
GOOD QUESTION
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by cap28: 9:09pm On Jan 02, 2014
tensor77:
But truly slavery can no longer be held as an excuse. I don't know of any serious intellectual in America uses that as an excuse. We shouldn't get things twisted and be very honest. Forget about the extreme views of posters like Cap28.
The single cause of the challenges in black America is neither racism or slavery but the breakdown of the family unit.

Tensor what is your understanding of the word "legacy".

the dictionary defines legacy as anything handed down from the past, as from an ancestor or predecessor for eg: the legacy of ancient Rome.

Wealth can be handed down to future generations and poverty, ignorance, illiteracy and backwardness can also be handed down - now if your ancestors were discriminated against, banned from educating themselves by law, banned from owning land by law, banned from setting up businesses by law, banned from voting in order to change their situation by law, what kind of legacy do you think you would inherit from such ancestors?
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by misskaedy(f): 10:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
How come in the UK, they play afrobeats on the radio? You know, FUSE ODG is topping the music charts in the UK. In America, you would never hear a Nigerian song on the radio. Additionally, America is very racially segregated. How come in England, you can have a diverse group of friends. Go to colleges in America, and you will only see people of the same race hanging out with each other. In America, its not surprising if you only have friends of the same race. Additionally, many non black people degrade blacks in America because of our stereotype. In England, there is no such thing as acting as "Ghetto." People in America are generally closed minded, whilst people in England are more open minded. Remember the fool that got away with in the Trayvon Martin case? In America, there are racist websites such as: http://chimpout.com/ and http://niggermania.com/

Do not get me wrong, America has its good aspects. Like how you are not discriminated in the work place unlike England. How there is affirmative action. It's wrong for the admissions of Cambridge and Oxford to favor whites over blacks.

I live in the south of the U.S. and I have heard a racist comment to my face(I am Nigerian by the way). Rather, I feel racial tension. You know instinctively that the whites are racist. I have relatives in England and I have been to England only once. I feel that blacks in England have more interaction with people of different races. I know that England has its own form of racism but I do not think it is as bad as America.

1 Like

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 02, 2014
Europeans have always been more tolerant than Americans.
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by shine12: 11:14pm On Jan 02, 2014
You can't use the fact that there are loads of black actors and sport men in the USA for the reason why it's racially tolerant,black Americans are attracted to physical sports and the colleges do recruit them to play sport and they find themselves in professional sport because they are good at it.
Having said that do you realise that majority of top blockbuster movies that is headlined by blacks are mostly slave/help/poor kids/inner city family/biography of a black sportsmen and musicians type of movies. Movies like The Help was was huge at the box office;storyline:A Black maid working Her ass off for white women,Precious,12 years a slave,The Butler,Ray,Django Unchained etc.Don't be fooled by Denzel,Will smith,50 cent and co they worked hard to become what they became, not because America allowed them to.Every year loads of black kids are shot by white police in the US.

My verdict:a black person will make it anywhere in the world if He or She is diligent enough, the chancellor of University of Exeter is black,hardly will you find a hospital in the UK without a highly regarded African Doctor.It is time for "blacks" to own the UK like the Indians,Pakistani,Bangladesh do and stop whining about whether they will accept them racially.
Also the US will have more blacks at top positions like a black being a CEO of Fortune 500 companies solely due to the slaves that stepped off the ship in the 1700s to 1850s who paid the price with their lives,blacks started living in the UK in huge numbers as recent as mid 50s,blacks are new to the UK while US blacks are fully integrated in the US. Even the African blacks that migrate to the USA can easily be taken as an African American and not as "Nigerian or Ghanaian" etc

Also a black child can easily end up not going to the University if He/She's parent does not have enough money in the US (Imagine how can being able to afford a University education depends on you being able to jump high like a chimpanzee and dunk a basketball that 99.9% of the fellow spectators are white any ways, this is modern day gladiators man), in UK you are guaranteed a government loan if you are a citizen and all you need is your grade.

Also, I know loads of black people in the UK doing really great and making a difference.

People will always be racist,so as Nigerians and the last time I listened to some Nigerian parents, they confessed how they will never allow their kids to marry people from a particular part of the country or the world.

2 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by ibkonekt(m): 12:24am On Jan 03, 2014
Usa is better than uk in most cases.
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by MrGattuso(m): 9:16am On Jan 03, 2014
checkdate: honestly,i have not been in any of those countries before.
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by otokx(m): 10:00am On Jan 03, 2014
There is no place like Africa, our own dear native land.

1 Like

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 03, 2014
sethken:

And you seriously don't believe that slavery and systematic subjugation has a hand in the breakdown of the AA family? I believe it does. Whites in America post slavery, employed and continue to employ to this day, systematic policies designed to perpetually subjugate and keep especially African American males economically subordinate to their White male counterparts. The election of Barack Obama has not made things better, it has deepened the divide between Whites and Blacks. Whites understand that when you empower the man economically, you empower the society. Empowerment of the Black man carries along with it familial stability, and the overall growth of the black family. The White man understood this from slavery, and continue to understand this to date. The White man in America is also afraid of reprisal from the wrongs of the past. So, it is better to keep the Black man where he is, so that he will not lash out. Economic despondency in most Black communities brings about infighting among Blacks, in other words, divide and conquer. The Black man in America is his own worst enemy. The White man sees a bit of the lashing out in Obama's affordable health insurance act. Most Whites believe that Obamacare Care is a social welfare program designed to favor Blacks at the expense of the tax paying Whites. Most Whites are miffed at the election of Obama, a bi-racial man who is sympathetic to the Black struggle. Remember, Mitt Romney, received 61% of the White votes to Obama's 39%, so go figure.
Oga, you are not entirely correct. White man afraid of reprisal? For your information, most of the white americans you see today are descendants of Europeans who emigrated to the USA long after the end of slavery, so how would they pay for a sin their ancestors didn't commit? When i find the graph, i will post it here. And for the record, not all whites are racists. My German american friend told me of how his ancestors suffered in North Dakota, working long hours and earning barely enough, i know many others whose ancestors suffered this way, and they are all white, how did this set of people benefit from slavery? Only a neglible percentage of white people own the means of production in this country (those who their ancestors came first and obtained land bx hook or crook) the vast majority of the white folk are just struggling. Black america has faced challenges, true, but now is the time tn be resolute to succeed. Good day.
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by ludot(m): 10:44am On Jan 03, 2014
In US..., they still regret stopping slave trade. That is how racist they are!
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by MRL1MPoPoTM: 11:35am On Jan 03, 2014
otokx: [s]There is no place like Africa, our own dear native land.[/s]
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by tensor77(m): 2:15pm On Jan 03, 2014
sethken:
And you seriously don't believe that slavery and systematic subjugation has a hand in the breakdown of the AA family? I believe it does. Whites in America post slavery, employed and continue to employ to this day, systematic policies designed to perpetually subjugate and keep especially African American males economically subordinate to their White male counterparts. The election of Barack Obama has not made things better, it has deepened the divide between Whites and Blacks. Whites understand that when you empower the man economically, you empower the society. Empowerment of the Black man carries along with it familial stability, and the overall growth of the black family. The White man understood this from slavery, and continue to understand this to date. The White man in America is also afraid of reprisal from the wrongs of the past. So, it is better to keep the Black man where he is, so that he will not lash out. Economic despondency in most Black communities brings about infighting among Blacks, in other words, divide and conquer. The Black man in America is his own worst enemy.
No I don't believe it for one salient reason . This breakdown of the family is a relatively recent phenomenon. It occurred in the post civil rights era of the 1970s and 1980s
Hitherto there is no evidence of the kind of breakdown we are witnessing today
Breakdown was and is mainly due to the flourishing drugs and narcotics trade which has proved a massive distraction for young black men in the inner cities. Its not just the temptation of beinng able to make quick money on the streets but the use and availability of these drugs to males of high school age has invariably affected school achievement and high school completion
(Note that in grade school blacks don't exhibit any deficiencies)
It becomes a vicious circle because without a high school diploma the possibility of getting a proper job of work and career is very diminished hence the ever present temptation to continue making quick paper on the streets . Consequence of this is incarceration and street combat with competitors in the illegal drug market.
However I must emphasize that this applies mainly to young black males living in the inner cities not blacks in the suburbs.
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by tensor77(m): 2:25pm On Jan 03, 2014
cap28:
Tensor what is your understanding of the word "legacy".
the dictionary defines legacy as anything handed down from the past, as from an ancestor or predecessor for eg: the legacy of ancient Rome.
Wealth can be handed down to future generations and poverty, ignorance, illiteracy and backwardness can also be handed down - now if your ancestors were discriminated against, banned from educating themselves by law, banned from owning land by law, banned from setting up businesses by law, banned from voting in order to change their situation by law, what kind of legacy do you think you would inherit from such ancestors?
Well my issue with you is that you hold on to this idea of perpetual victimhood. I believe that the African Americans have been able to overcome this legacy of slavery even if some of their adversaries don't stop reminding them of it. Playing the victim card leads nowhere.
We have had the Martin Luther King civil rights movement which led to the ending of segregation, we have had the affirmative action which is a form of quota system favourable to ethnic minorities.
The legacy they should inherit is the legacy of an overcomer.

2 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by hiuser(m): 2:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
Balt in bed! Playing ball in bed!
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by tensor77(m): 3:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
shine12:
Also a black child can easily end up not going to the University if He/She's parent does not have enough money in the US (Imagine how can being able to afford a University education depends on you being able to jump high like a chimpanzee and dunk a basketball that 99.9% of the fellow spectators are white any ways, this is modern day gladiators man), in UK you are guaranteed a government loan if you are a citizen and all you need is your grade.
Also, I know loads of black people in the UK doing really great and making a difference.
People will always be racist,so as Nigerians and the last time I listened to some Nigerian parents, they confessed how they will never allow their kids to marry people from a particular part of the country or the world.
Very misleading account as to how the funding of university/college education in US works. There is no way a US black student would be denied admission for lack of funds if he makes the grades. There are loads of scholarships available to poor students in what is a very philanthropic country as well as there being federal backed student loans which operate similarly to the Student loan system in England. It does not have to be a sports scholarship.

1 Like

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by muktar9: 3:05pm On Jan 03, 2014
uk
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by jesuspikinjp(m): 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2014
Nelly Ghenghen: Here we go again! black man with s.tupid talks on racism. really who is more racist than Africans? would we allow a white man to be the president of Nigeria? Can we allow a white man/woman to be a minister or a senator in Nigeria? or even local govt chairman?? Can a white person win MBGN? most times you even hear stuff like "she's too light skinned, she shouldn't win MBGN, she doesn't rep Africa".

Few months back your coach told someone to go back to belgium "white dude" and it was okay, if reverse was the case you'll see all black people crying offence.

We Africans are racists too, the only thing is other races don't give us the opportunity to shi.t them.

The topic is not about Africa countries but comparison is btween USA and UK. Hope you get it?
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Upaka(f): 7:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mr Knowitall:

lol I guess you got me this time. We shall meet again... am using my phone browse thats why.
u mean browser?
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by cap28: 10:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
tensor77:
Well my issue with you is that you hold on to this idea of perpetual victimhood. I believe that the African Americans have been able to overcome this legacy of slavery even if some of their adversaries don't stop reminding them of it. Playing the victim card leads nowhere.
We have had the Martin Luther King civil rights movement which led to the ending of segregation, we have had the affirmative action which is a form of quota system favourable to ethnic minorities.
The legacy they should inherit is the legacy of an overcomer.

And my issue with you is that you prefer to live in denial. A person who has experienced trauma, exploitation and abuse as a result of white supremacy IS BY DEFINITION A VICTIM.

There is no shame in admitting that one is a victim of circumstances that he or she has no control over.

To say that I hold on to victimhood is to deny reality and seek solace in a world built on fantasy.

The beginning of wisdom is the acceptance of reality, clearly your vision and your sense of reality is distorted.

Martin Luther King's civil rights movement did not end de facto segregation, notice that I said de facto which means "in actual fact" , the fact that all black people can now eat in the same restaurant as a white person does not change the fact that a white person with the same educational qualifications or less is likely to earn more than a black person with the same abilities.
It also does not change the fact that for a black person to be considered for a job he has to be twice as competent as a white person and willing to take a pay cut.

Here is a video clip for you to ruminate over - this is how the white man's mind works, this is why he continues to outwit many of us including you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVj2j45iScQ

1 Like

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by joshd1: 10:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
Well for the UK in history segregation or racism has not been blatant like the US or SA but it is there nonetheless..
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Commander007: 11:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
USA is least racist due to 3-4 big diverse cities. Promimently white states are very racist and will make it known to your face if they don't like you. I have seen open hatred and dislike from white Americans but not so much in places like Chicago.

UK is least racist in big cities especially London where there is more diversity. UK is very politcally correct and craves immigration and foreigners for money and business. Also UK government give you citizenship or legal right to be there but cannot tell you about culture or social rules. In USA, you are made to feel unwelcome as a sign you don't belong here.

Also Africans, Indians and Asians cannot be openly refused work or opportunities or be bullied because it would be too obvious. English in my experience are so much worse. They pretend to be your friend and they act fake and two faced but will never openly admit they hate you because of your race and they are racist. It is so weird when they say they are not racist but whole school and town ignore you. Make subtle and underhand comments, arrogant condescending attitude and genuinely treat you like you are a second class citizen. Block opportunities at school, social and work but keep it quiet and covered. So they can satisfy the law and not get sued and still get away with it. Pretty much, baring you and tell you to know your place.

Racial tolerance is not only defined by monetary success but social acceptance and equality in dating and friendships. Better off staying in world cities and diverse areas and suburbs then fighting underhand racist idiots that are too cowardly, ignorant or arrogant to admit it. The law or good job might let you into a country or area but does not mean the locals or culture will accept and include you.

Personally I prefer USA because you know where you stand whether it be Chicago, areas in Wisconsin or Alabama. In the UK or England you would never know right away until they say or do something obvious. I have had a multitude of comments and underhand remarks. With me, no one can spot where i am from. English are against all other nationalities regardless of merit, character or tenure in country. In Europe outside of big cities, you are at their mercy and culture.

Don't forget the British led an evil sick empire of colonization and slavery. They founded the US on same values and ideals. But it did turn into an immigrant melting pot and left its past behind in some areas. With this past, it made them believe they were superior to all other nations and to look down on.

Bottom line is that UK and US racism is a lie when so manhy great ancient civilizations ruled long before.

2 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 09, 2014
You guys are not serious.you guys won't talk about africans who tribalize their fellow country man.only africans will favor their village man.
Now you are pointing fingers at US and UK.why won't they be racist when it comes to africans when we don't care about ourselves especially Nigerians.
Nigerians will bring in factors such as same tribe,same village,family,same name just to employ/promote your fellow country man at your place of work.whereas,in UK and US they put in their countryman first before any person.and you all are upset you have no right to compare.instead learn and pratice.
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by dare2think: 1:18am On Sep 19, 2014
cap28:

That's not true, Africans are entrepreneurial especially Nigerians, but the problem is that we are living in a world where the odds are stacked against us.

The bottom line is that the European would rather aid the progress of an Asian rather than an African.

I will use South Korea as an example - in the 1950s the united states actively assisted this country in its economic development in order to ensure that it did not fall under communist control from china, compare that to the US's involvement in DRC in the 1960s.
DRC has an estimated mineral wealth of $24 trillion, the US rather than aid in the development of that country preferred instead to overthrow a democratically elected prime minister (Lumumba) and impose a corrupt dictator (MObutu) who presided over the economic destruction of that country for over 30 years - what stopped the US from applying the same economic policies that they applied in South Korea to DRC? It is apparent that the Europeans do not want to see the progress of the black African race but would rather over see the wholesale destruction and ra.pe of us and our resources.

Blacks historically are hardworking people, we were instrumental in building the white man's industrialised societies.
Lazy people are not enslaved.

The issue of Asians opening shops in black areas is a big problem which needs to be addressed by black people, as far as I am aware no black person can set up shop in an Asian neighbourhood and expect to be successful so I see no reason why Asians should be allowed to run flourishing businesses in black neighbourhoods, especially given the fact that Asians can not stand black people.

I think the reason blacks patronise Asian shops in black areas goes back to the low self esteem we collectively suffer whereby we accord more respect to foreigners than to each other - this is a legacy of slavery and colonialism.

I don't always agree with some of your posts. However, you have hit the nail here.

'Lazy people cannot be enslaved'
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 29, 2017
ITbomb:
Everybody who comments on the pages of this thread must go to either USA or UK this wonderful year 2014 IJN Amen.
Click like to claim it
grin grin
I just saw 390 likes.
All the people wey like this post, how market na?

1 Like

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by jesmond3945: 10:36am On Oct 30, 2018
More
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by KiNg0G: 6:03pm On Sep 02, 2021
I like this thread
an eye opener
6years plus still things hasn't changed a bit

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa / Nigerian Men Placed In Handcuffs As They Are Deported From China. Photos / Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.