Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? (121559 Views)

I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad / I'm Too Skinny, What Can I Do To Add Weight? Food's Not Working..any Help? / To Gain Weight, What Medicine Can I Use? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Booty4me: 9:17pm On Jan 02, 2014
ekoson95: Hello Nairalanders, Please I want u guyz to help me on this issue.
It frustrates me when I see myself in the mirror how skinny i am, my wrists are slender and tiny. In fact, in one word "Bonny". People jokingly make fun of me and it really pisses me off.
I am 18 years old, about 170 cm (5.6"wink tall, and 55kg weight.

I want to gain more weight, please, what do i do?

Picture of yourself or your lieing
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by pembisco(m): 9:17pm On Jan 02, 2014
As a medical student, let try and help in a way i can, thers a test called BMI (Body Mass Index) this will determine weda u need to add weight or not
BMI= weight(kg) divide by square root of your height (m) and from your data,
weight=55kg
height= 5.6m.....square root of 5.6 =2.4 appxm
BMI = 55 divide by 2.4 = 22.9
Note. Normal of BMI is between the range of 19-24
25-29 is over-weight
30 and above is considered as obesity
so my broda..your weight is proportional to your heigh and you dont need to add more weight. its normal, forget abt those calling you names

4 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Wizdray: 9:17pm On Jan 02, 2014
Heyah, let's accept our fate
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Xtaceeey: 9:17pm On Jan 02, 2014
Niqquh I fil ur pain.. Jst take syrup or supplements dat can make one eat well. Don't ever play wt ur breakfast, eat as early as possible evry mrning nd mak sure u take mor cereals.. Do it judiciously 4 3mnths nd see d result.. If u av opportunity 2sleep during d day, pls do too...

Don't come bac 2ask4 how 2lose weight wen u eventually gain it, remember 2 always exercise too 2mak ur body fit
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by bluerange(f): 9:19pm On Jan 02, 2014
Do not force anything on yourself with good diet & positive mindset, you will notice a transformation. l had a classmate in high school who was very skinny & he was nicknamed "skin bogo" & years later his photos on facebook is a shock to many of us!
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Codedboy95(m): 9:19pm On Jan 02, 2014
i'm also 18 and skinny but no amount of food I eat will make me fat because mine is heredity
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by 190theclown: 9:20pm On Jan 02, 2014
and try to carry ashawo's more often it helps undecided
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 02, 2014
NessaFresh: Not again
u sound so sad,..alert me if u need help dear
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 02, 2014
Nostradamus: Please everyone,how do i open a thread??

Nostradamus, you disappoint me!

How can you see soo far into the future, but can't see what's right in front of you

Anywho, just go the section you want your topic to be located, then just above the topics, you should see a "Create New Topic" link, right next to the page numbers.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Caracta(f): 9:20pm On Jan 02, 2014
2buff: LIFT angry
and eat lots of protein angry
Then LIFT some more angry

Lift what?
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by koboko69: 9:21pm On Jan 02, 2014
If u knw ow old i am...and i just weigh about ur weight. Learn to love ursef. Dont bother about the babes...trust me, u will still find 1 or 2 attracted to u. I bleep quality babes even with my size....and they love my tiny waist grin my current gf is even taller, bigger than me. And she still grabs me tight in public...

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Youngchukky245(m): 9:21pm On Jan 02, 2014
Hence you're sure you ate adequately,create a gym timetable for yourself
Either every morning or evening. After three months if people no begin call you johnny bravo then just know that your problem na spiritual one

306591bd. Bbm tinz
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Ediss(m): 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2014
U mean u are like tooth pick
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by claremont(m): 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2014
Your current Body Mass Index (BMI), calculated using the data you provided, is 19.6. The WHO guidelines for a healthy BMI range for a man of your age is 17-22, which means that you are at the healthy weight range for your age and sex. Relax!
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by trendycubicle: 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2014
Originalsly: Why try to force weight on yourself? Allow your genes to have control....in time you will muscle up. For now just exercise to keep fit and have good blood circulation. If you use steroids to bulk up...your heart would be stressed and that can lead to a stroke or death. Accept and love yourself.

Very lovely input!
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2014
I m 24 and i weigh 50kg ,u re jux 18 and u weigh 55kg.are u an attention seeker?

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Caracta(f): 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2014
@OP, I don't even weigh up to that. I envy you small o
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by nickz(m): 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2014
drink a lot of 'zobo'gringrin
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2014
Do something if you won to learn, you know what i mean?
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Sike(m): 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2014
jmoore: Why the headache? You are only 18.
iWonder O!
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by philusaau(f): 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2014
My guy, this is a simple matter..Go de carry weight.....shey u say u wan gain weight
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 02, 2014
190-the-clown:
and try to carry ashawo's more often it helps undecided
ur words irritate me,..stop taking weed,.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 02, 2014
Originalsly: Why try to force weight on yourself? Allow your genes to have control....in time you will muscle up. For now just exercise to keep fit and have good blood circulation. If you use steroids to bulk up...your heart would be stressed and that can lead to a stroke or death. Accept and love yourself.

While there is some good in that advice, we should all know that our wills are powerful things.

So if something can be changed, and you want it changed, and you have the will to make the change, then I see no reason why one wouldn't go for that change.

3 Likes

dude I wont lie to you, just buy the bigger jar of bama mayonnaise always mix it with 2boiled eggs. and rub it on your bread. instead of drinking coffee drink milk with it. 2:.eat shawama with maltina not amstel, everyday for a week. dude your friends will start to wonder if you have hammer. I do dis once a year and the outcome is so so obvious. people around u will notice.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by breadtom: 9:27pm On Jan 02, 2014
Caracta: @OP, I don't even weigh up to that. I envy you small o
so u are even skinny self hope u are not as tiny like a broom abeg go chop make dem no come dey tink say nah ur village pple dey do u or u carry aids my 2kobo.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by 2busy: 9:28pm On Jan 02, 2014
ekoson95: Hello Nairalanders, Please I want u guyz to help me on this issue.
It frustrates me when I see myself in the mirror how skinny i am, my wrists are slender and tiny. In fact, in one word "Bonny". People jokingly make fun of me and it really pisses me off.
I am 18 years old, about 170 cm (5.6"wink tall, and 55kg weight.

I want to gain more weight, please, what do i do?
BE THANKFUL
We are never happy with ourselves. Short people want to be taller, tall people want to be shorter; skinny people want to be fatter, and fat people want to be skinnier. The happiest people on this planet do not have the perfect body, face, or size. Their secret? NO MATTER WHAT, they are always grateful about something. They are grateful about their ability to smile, talk, see, listen, move, feel, etc. Though we rarely attach value to these qualities, our lives will be hell without being able to see or hear. Let’s focus on what we like about ourselves, instead of what we do not like about ourselves. Let’s take a minute and think about, “What can we be grateful for in our lives?” Write down five meaningful things. Let’s post these qualities in a dailyvisible place. “Since we cannot have what we like, let us like what we have.” ~Spanish Proverb

4 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by NaLaugh: 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2014

Just look into the future.

abi no be u be the man who saw tomorrow?
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
Nairaland is boring dis days sha
Who noticed

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nostradamus: 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
Uchiha Madara:

Nostradamus, you disappoint me!

How can you see soo far into the future, but can't see what's right in front of you

Anywho, just go the section you want your topic to be located, then just above the topics, you should see a "Create New Topic" link, right next to the page numbers.
madara,i see into d future but can't open my thread due to absence of fuel Lol...thanks man,am gr8ful
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by chefdoeuvre: 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
4 gals..slim z a +..but 4 skinny guys..being muscular z da goal....

@OP... Hit d gym,eat right n slp well..
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by rockstar99: 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
Eat at least 2 meals a day and 2 big bottles of beer every night before going to sleep. I added 8 kg in 3 months and another 9kg in the next 2. I am now struggling to come down to 78 from 88.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 02, 2014
get yourself the medic name is weight on... drink it regularly.. be careful, as too much will result to a rickross bro..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Girl Born With Hands Joined / 10 Health Benefits Of Plantains You Need To Know / Coronavirus: Robots Spraying Disinfectant In China (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.