Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

How Do I Handle This Situation - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Handle This Situation (7299 Views)

How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? / I'm Attracted To My Driver. How Do I Handle This? / When Your Boyfriend Calls Way Too Much, Ladies How Do You Handle This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Handle This Situation by Tgirl4real(f): 2:07pm On Aug 05, 2008
Recently, I met a guy and we have been good friends from the beginning. I would say the attraction was there from the day we met. I don't have the intention of dating him cos i'm in a healthy relationship that is heading towards marriage.

However, he made his intentions clear from d day we met. He likes me and he wants to date me. I don't double date. I can't cheat on my partner. But, I must confess that i like this guy. We speak on fone often. We chat alot too.

I'm planning to cut him out. Honestly, it hasn't been easy. Today is the first day on my humble journey of cutting him out. We haven't interacted at all today and meen i'm feeling so bored already.

Do you think i will get over it soon? I need your opinions!!!
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by tope2000(f): 2:09pm On Aug 05, 2008
So God help you oo
I know what you mean tho but only you can make that decision
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by Gamine(f): 2:10pm On Aug 05, 2008
Get over it ooh.

come and chat with me, you no go bored tongue
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by karlken(m): 2:14pm On Aug 05, 2008
@poster; aren;t you being simply greedy?You are already in a r/ship that is heading towards marriage;meaning you are ok there.What are you now looking for outside? Women! greedy lot! embarassed embarassed
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by Tgirl4real(f): 2:19pm On Aug 05, 2008
karl ken:

@poster; aren;t you being simply greedy?You are already in a r/ship that is heading towards marriage;meaning you are ok there.What are you now looking for outside? Women! greedy lot! embarassed embarassed

So quick to judge!!!

May be i forgot to add that the guy isn't willing to let go. So, it's really a struggle pulling out considering the fact that there is an attraction already.

Can't people be honest again

I thought I was talking to matured folks.
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by tope2000(f): 2:25pm On Aug 05, 2008
You want honesty?? Ok
Stick with your boyfriend at least he let you know where you stand with him which is marriage
So the devil you know is better than the angel you just met
Security is important in every woman's life when she get to certain age and now you have it with boyfriend so dont throw it away over some guy you just met.

If you didnt know where you stand with him, then that is another different case
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by idupaul: 2:28pm On Aug 05, 2008
blank the relationship breaker, i know dem type the come break healthy relationships and move on to the next, leaving u the loser.
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by agaba123(m): 2:28pm On Aug 05, 2008
call your boyfriend and chat with him.

Make sure you have enough credit or telll him to call you.
In fact tell him what you are going through. He will help you overcome it.
Difficult but the best way
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 05, 2008
Take what i call a cold-blooded decision and delete this new guy.
let reason override sentiments.
make a conscious effort to spice up your present relationship. don't leave it to him alone.
goodluck.
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by segzicres(m): 2:37pm On Aug 05, 2008
if u don't give it a try you may end up leaving your man at a very wrong time, so it's best you give it a try, if it doesn't work you pull out,that will even catalyst the break.
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by konkocious(m): 2:39pm On Aug 05, 2008
well i advice you to think deeply, think the reason why you love both of them and compare the choose the one who you think will be right for you, may be the one you have before or the one you just met but dont rush

but maybe you give the new guy some hard time maybe he will relent
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by Feu: 2:40pm On Aug 05, 2008
Can you have double feelings at the same time? One must be lust and the other a genuine feeling.

I will allow you to figure out which is which though.
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by SOJ(m): 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2008
d decision shuldnt be difficult for you to make if u are really in an "healthy" relationship. i mean do u even talk/chat/gist/have fun with ur boyfriend(fiancee?) at all.ok, answer this;what will you call this guy - your pal or lover?
If u think your present relatinship is worth it, approach ur fiancee about this and trust me, u will get over it soon enough.
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by sistawoman: 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2008
Yes this will pass and he will be a fond memory.  Stick with the guy you r with the one you want to marry and forget the other guy.  Just remember in the future not to engage in relationships like this or you may do something that you will regret.

Please dont come back posting a topic "I cheated on my husband now i want to confess"
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by Gamine(f): 2:42pm On Aug 05, 2008
rotflmaosltnactp ;d ;d
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by Tgirl4real(f): 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2008
@ all

Thanks.

Idupaul, I don't get you.
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by SOJ(m): 2:50pm On Aug 05, 2008
@tgirl

i think idupaul means dat d other guy intends to break your relationship with ur boyfriend.
i get wat he means cos i personally detests guys who attempt to take a gal they know has a steady relationship angry
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by Tgirl4real(f): 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2008
sistawoman:

Yes this will pass and he will be a fond memory.  Stick with the guy you r with the one you want to marry and forget the other guy.  Just remember in the future not to engage in relationships like this or you may do something that you will regret.

Please don't come back posting a topic "I cheated on my husband now i want to confess"

lol.  cheesy grin

Thanks. I wont and i don't intend to leave my bf.

My boyfriend has a hint that i met a guy like dat. He just doesn't know that the guy is pestering me for a relationship.

I don't get you segzy. Are u saying i should date the guy.
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by lidbb2(m): 2:55pm On Aug 05, 2008
@poster
the fact that u r putting this post about him means that u have fallen in love with him (or falling for him).
God don catch u.
U wanted to eat ur cake and have it,but awoof don run belle.
all this ur "i dont want to contact him" again will only make you think of him more.
u better reestablish contact with him and let things be normal because
i'm sure this ur strategy will only make u fall in love faster.
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by Tgirl4real(f): 3:01pm On Aug 05, 2008
Thanks for clearing that up SOJ. That is one thing i find difficult to understand about some guys. Can't just have u as a friend. Must one date everyone u like or everyone that meets ur criteria of a guy/girl.

Is it a case of wanting to eat my cake and have it now. Cos i was hoping i can still remain his friend. smiley
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by agaba123(m): 3:01pm On Aug 05, 2008
I have said it before and another have all echoed it.
talk to your fiancee.

Even if you will not marry him again. It is either he helps you get over iut or you break it.

But tell me
who is more handsome?
who is wealthier?

who has a barritone voice?

who is sexier?

who is more romantic?
have yoiu had sex with both? who is better in bed?
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by Gamine(f): 3:02pm On Aug 05, 2008
See Question o grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by agaba123(m): 3:04pm On Aug 05, 2008
Gamine:

See Question o grin grin grin grin grin
yea question

If she answers we might be able to figure out some things
lust ? financial security?
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by Tgirl4real(f): 3:08pm On Aug 05, 2008
But tell me
who is more handsome?
who is wealthier?

who has a barritone voice?

who is sexier?

who is more romantic?
have yoiu had sex with both? who is better in bed?

Abi o Gamine.

It's not about looks @ all. It's u guys that trip for looks easily. As a matter of fact. I have never had sex with any of them
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by lidbb2(m): 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2008
@ poster,
but u are partly responsible for all this.
the man made it clear from the start he wanted a relationship.
you said no but encouraged the phonecalls,and even enjoyed the chats,bla bla bla.
dont you it can easily be interpreted any the guy that u r just playing hard to get?

look at it from this angle.
a girls fancies ur man right from the word go.he says sorry i'm involved,but he actively calls and encourages discussions with the lady,and enjoys the conversations.
what can you infer from the above scenario.

next time dont encourage such calls and closeness from men who make it clear they want you.
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by Gamine(f): 3:12pm On Aug 05, 2008
hmmm
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by segzicres(m): 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2008
@tgirl yes!! that's what i mean. if it doesn't work you can back out. from your post your man doesn't have much time for you but the other guy does. am i right?
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by Tgirl4real(f): 3:33pm On Aug 05, 2008
lidbb2:

@ poster,
you said no but encouraged the phonecalls,and even enjoyed the chats,bla bla bla.
don't you it can easily be interpreted any the guy that you're just playing hard to get?

a girls fancies your man right from the word go.he says sorry i'm involved,but he actively calls and encourages discussions with the lady,and enjoys the conversations.

next time don't encourage such calls and closeness from men who make it clear they want you.

hmm, I think you are right. thanks.
segzi cres:

@tgirl yes!! that's what i mean. if it doesn't work you can back out. from your post your man doesn't have much time for you but the other guy does. am i right?

Not really segzy. though we don't spend much time together we still keep in touch well. Thanks all the same.
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by SOJ(m): 3:36pm On Aug 05, 2008
lidbb2:

@ poster,
don't you it can easily be interpreted any the guy that you're just playing hard to get?

a girls fancies your man right from the word go.he says sorry i'm involved,but he actively calls and encourages discussions with the lady,and enjoys the conversations.

next time don't encourage such calls and closeness from men who make it clear they want you.

U know wat?i can relate to what u just said. recently, i had a row wit ma gal:she met a guy and the next day dis guy starts asking her out for a date.Now she states frankly enought dat she's not available and in a relationship. But the guy persists and refuses to back down;he keeps texting her and calling her.
Now i get to know this cos my gal told me about it (actually,she tells me almost evrytin wink  )
Well wat i did was to tell her to pick his calls no more since she cant stop his messages.U know wat? She gets angry and suggests dat am telling her wat to do and acting as if she IS the one encouraging the guy to keep persisting. I had to come to the terms wit it that she means well & she can handle such overtures that come her way.

There is a conflict here cos somtimes it appears the gal encourages d guy by allowing his calls and so on;it could be read as an encouragment to persist. But unfortunatey, gals dont ever see things this way. I wonder why we think diffrently
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by segzicres(m): 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2008
@tgirl that's what i mean! the new guy has all the time in the world for you. so give it a try, out of sight is definately out of mind.
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by shawamma(m): 3:44pm On Aug 05, 2008
[b]@ POSTER

my dear your case is very pathetic i must confess and i really know how you feel. This new guy swept you off your feet.
I want to tell one thing you have to help yourself in this. Please don't make the mistake of informing your fiancee about this because he might get jealous and have little distrust in you. You have to learn how to control your feeling. Dont allow your feeling to control you. You have to be proactive rather than been reactive. You really have to learn to love somebody rather than letting human feelings start making your decisions for you,

Try not to see this new guy often, because some guys can be so sweet that whatever they say will keep resounding in your brains and that will eventually lead to "wanting him the more"

Look for a way to spice up your relationship with your fiancee so that it remains evergreen.

This thing we call love should be seen as a verb- (a doing word.) You decide to love and don't let love control and rule your world.

Don't make the mistake of trying to compare both guys because the new angel would always win. When something appears too good just at the beginning it calls for questioning because it would not last. The more easier you fall for this new angel the more easier you fall out and you would be in tears and it will hunt you till jesus comes

Trust me you will get over it but;
Its going to be a gradual process because infatuation is worst than HIV,

ALL THE BEST GAL[/b]

NOTE: NO MORE CHARTS, PHONE CALLS, ETC
Re: How Do I Handle This Situation by chamotex(m): 3:47pm On Aug 05, 2008
the new guy just wants to mess grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can This Be Real? Checkout This Lady's Backside / Savage Trap Queen Last S£x Video Before She Quit 18+ / Viral Photos Of 52-year-old Woman Who Looks Incredibly Young And Beautiful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.