Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / . (1191 Views)

My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / Schooling In Georgia Tbilisi / Schooling In Cyprus For International Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by tdayof(m): 1:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
Re: . by tdayof(m): 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
reply o
Re: . by Seun(m): 6:39am On Jan 01, 2014
Can someone please help this guy out?
Re: . by tdayof(m): 9:00am On Jan 01, 2014
Seun: Can someone please help this guy out?
thanks have been asking and seems no1 is interested
Re: . by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 01, 2014
tdayof:
thanks have been asking and seems no1 is interested

I am interested in the answer as well. I am presently planning on quitting a job and furthering. However I have more questions:

is it easier to get a job during schooling in Canada than UK?(Masters Programme)
is it easier getting a job after the MAsters programme in canada than UK?
what is the likelihood of securing a job in both countries?
i know UK is now a fiish-school-and-go-home country but I am thinking there could be some requirements that could make one have staying power?
Re: . by justwise(m): 12:43pm On Jan 01, 2014
Phinalphantasy:

I am interested in the answer as well. I am presently planning on quitting a job and furthering. However I have more questions:

is it easier to get a job during schooling in Canada than UK?(Masters Programme)
is it easier getting a job after the MAsters programme in canada than UK?
what is the likelihood of securing a job in both countries?
i know UK is now a fiish-school-and-go-home country but I am thinking there could be some requirements that could make one have staying power?

Don't quit your job yet, take a study leave, i'm not sure about Canada but getting a graduate job in the UK after graduation is tough, getting part time job while studying is not too difficult but it will get a lot harder as Bulgarians and Romanians get full right to live and work in the UK from day, so part time jobs will be a hot cake and preference will be given to EU citizens.
Re: . by justwise(m): 1:00pm On Jan 01, 2014
tdayof: I need different opinion

I'm not surprised that people are not answering your question which is unusual here in travel section considering the fact that those two countries have a growing number of followers here.

You don't show courtesy in your questions, you need to appreciate the fact that people are helping you, don't throw question at people and seat back and expect responses to start flooding in.

That said^^.....what level of studies are going for? I asked because different level attract different school fees and duration in each country.

1 Like

Re: . by Horus(m): 1:09pm On Jan 01, 2014
tdayof: I need different opinion

Yes schooling in Canada is cheaper than in the Uk. The quality of education and living standards in Canada are amongst the highest in the world, and the cost of living and tuition fees for international students are generally lower than in other countries such as the United States and the United Kingdom. In Canada you’ll be earning a very high-quality education that will open doors for your future. A Canadian degree, diploma or certificate is globally recognized as being equivalent to those obtained from the United States or Commonwealth countries.
Re: . by claremont(m): 1:21pm On Jan 01, 2014
If your intention is to study, get a good degree, and then go back to Nigeria, I would recommend UK; but if it's to settle afterwards, don't come to UK, go to Canada or USA. As for which is cheaper, I think it varies based on the schools you apply to. The cost of living in most of these countries is about the same, the only difference might be the tuition fees being charged students. That said, the likelihood of getting a fully funded PhD position after your Masters is by far greater in Canada as compared to the UK.

1 Like

Re: . by dridowu: 3:44pm On Jan 01, 2014
No idea @ all cos all my education are in 9ja, so until i study in d either con3 then i will gve confirmatory answer
Re: . by tdayof(m): 5:00pm On Jan 01, 2014
justwise:

I'm not surprised that people are not answering your question which is unusual here in travel section considering the fact that those two countries have a growing number of followers here.

You don't show courtesy in your questions, you need to appreciate the fact that people are helping you, don't throw question at people and seat back and expect responses to start flooding in.

That said^^.....what level of studies are going for? I asked because different level attract different school fees and duration in each country.
undergraduate

(1) (Reply)

10 Worst Plane Crashes Involving Nigeria / The Bridge Linking Igando To Ipaja Ayobo / Star Struck? 5 Best Places To Spot A Nigerian Celebrity In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.