Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,862 members, 7,806,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? (4321 Views)

Why Is The Most Religious Continent In The World The Poorest? / Top 10 Most Religious Countries In The World / Ghana Is The Most Religious Country On Earth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by sample042(m): 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
Yes! am a very curious person wen it comes 2 moral philosophy, am not a party 2 moral decadence bt it hurts me deeply whenever i think of Africa as d most undeveloped continent on earth yet ''WE'' are more religious than any other continent within this geographical location in d universe. Why should it be So

Hmmm! imagine, NIGERIA is d 2nd in d list while GHANA tops d list, i think this is alarming!
The world powers; Germany, Russia, UK, Japan, China, France n even U.S could not be traced in d list of most religious countries. Sincerely, am very angry over this. I think we(AFRICA) need a real CHANGE of mindset and thoughts.

Below are links to my prove;
www.therichest.com/expensive-lifestyle/location/top-10-countries-with-most-religious-people/

for the least religious;
www.therichest.com/expensive-lifestyle/location/top-10-countries-with-the-least-religious-people/

God please save Africa!

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by Demainman1: 3:05pm On Dec 30, 2013
Religion and 'brain using' does not go hand in hand.

Religion and under development are the same thing.

You can never be developed with religion because Religion breeds 'followers' and not 'doers'.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by sample042(m): 3:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
Demain_man: Religion and 'brain using' does not go hand in hand.

You can never be developed with religion because Religion breeds 'followers' and not 'doers'.

I weep 4 Africa n Nigeria at large, wish i have the ability to change the way we think. We envisage things in a very myopic way n dis is not a way forward.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by Demainman1: 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
sample042:

I weep 4 Africa n Nigeria at large, wish i have the ability to change the way we think. We envisage things in a very myopic way n dis is not a way forward.

I pray God gives us a free thinker (non-religious) person to be our president in Nigeria. Rapid development will follow. Religion houses will be made to pay heavy taxes which will be used for development the country.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2013
Because many are fanatics and religiously intolerant.there is a wide difference between religion and fanatism.

Fanaticsm is illitercy,ignorance and misguided zeal mixed with religion.many africans fall into this category

while religion broadens your spiritual horizons,helps you to tolerate and respect contrary beliefs,ideals,religions and ways of thinking.religion teaches you when to stop
Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by mazaje(m): 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
kulyie: Because many are fanatics and religiously intolerant.there is a wide difference between religion and fanatism.
Fanaticsm is illitercy,ignorance and misguided zeal mixed with religion.many africans fall into this category
while religion broadens your spiritual horizons,helps you to tolerate and respect contrary beliefs,ideals,religions and ways of thinking.religion teaches you when to stop

Religion promotes division because the conservative type is mostly fanatical. . .

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by sample042(m): 8:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
kulyie: Because many are fanatics and religiously intolerant.there is a wide difference between religion and fanatism.

sorry, i misunderstood u b4.
Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by Redlyn: 8:46pm On Dec 30, 2013
Religion promotes dogma, judgement and closemindedness. Countries that have a clear separation of church and state promote freedom and humanism. All atheist countries have a high standard of living except those like N. Korea which don't promote freedom. Countries like Uganda locking up homosexuals due to a god agenda will forever remain repressive and underdeveloped.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by sample042(m): 8:46pm On Dec 30, 2013
@Mazaje, I've gone through many of ur wryt ups n i'v thoroughly scrutinized ur judicious ways of laying emphasis in Nairaland topics, I must say u'r d real GUY! More ink 2 ur pen.

Am among d school of thought that feels dat Life issues should be tackled REALISTICALLY.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by mazaje(m): 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
Thanks. . .
Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by Gombs(m): 11:46pm On Dec 30, 2013
Because Africa is not poor, but Africans has a mentality of poverty... they love money so so much that it has corrupted their minds, and caused them to be wicked.... u see why we need preach the Gospel of Christ everywhere?

Democracy is a good thing, but Africa was not ready for it as at the time it came. Most of the folks in Africa then were illiterate and peasants, and the little educated ones took the whole continent for selfish and evil desires. The Electorate were massively mislead because they knew nothing about anything...and that seed of corruption n wickedness was sown, generations after took up from where their Fathers left off, till it got to a stage where evil was considered good in Africa... wars over nothing nothing, liberia, congo, Sierra Leone, guines, somalia, angola, rwanda, etc... and the rest of the world watched Africa destroy herself....but that was before the gospel was fully out as it is today...if we had the gospel of Christ then as we had today...Africa would have been greater..but the bible says "hope maketh not ashamed- hope does not put us to shame (`Romans 5v5)"...Through prayers and intercession, Africa is rising and the world is watching...Nigeria is springing forth... # Glooooooooooooooooray

The glory of Africa shall be seen as the waters cover the sea

Praise God forever. Op, calm down and rather get on ur knees and pray....if u are an atheist, well...quit whinning and cause a big bang in Africa or an evolution....

Goodnight joor

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by mazaje(m): 11:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
Gombs: Because Africa is not poor, but Africans has a mentality of poverty... they love money so so much that it has corrupted their minds, and caused them to be wicked.... u see why we need preach the Gospel of Christ everywhere?

Democracy is a good thing, but Africa was not ready for it as at the time it came. Most of the folks in Africa then were illiterate and peasants, and the little educated ones took the whole continent for selfish and evil desires. The Electorate were massively mislead because they knew nothing about anything...and that seed of corruption n wickedness was sown, generations after took up from where their Fathers left off, till it got to a stage where evil was considered good in Africa... wars over nothing nothing, liberia, congo, Sierra Leone, guines, somalia, angola, rwanda, etc... and the rest of the world watched Africa destroy herself....but that was before the gospel was fully out as it is today...if we had the gospel of Christ then as we had today...Africa would have been greater..but the bible says "hope maketh not ashame"...Through prayers and intercession, Africa is rising and the world is watching...Nigeria is springing forth... # Glooooooooooooooooray

Praise God forever. Op, calm down and rather get on ur knees and pray....if u are an atheist, well...quit whinning and cause a big bang in Africa or an evolution....

Goodnight joor

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by Gombs(m): 11:58pm On Dec 30, 2013
^^

1 corinthians 2v14 AMP: But the natural, nonspiritual man does not accept or welcome or admit into his heart the gifts and teachings and revelations of the Spirit of God, [size=32pt] for they are folly (meaningless nonsense) to him; and he is incapable of knowing them [of progressively recognizing, understanding, and becoming better acquainted with them] because they are spiritually discerned and estimated and appreciated [/size]

Goodnight Mazaje...u just fulfilled scriptures

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by mazaje(m): 12:00am On Dec 31, 2013
^^

Why are you screaming?. . .Good night to you. .
Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by Gombs(m): 12:07am On Dec 31, 2013
mazaje: ^^

Why are you screaming?. . .Good night to you. .

Wasn't screaming.....if I were, it would be in capital letters....I'm simply making emphasis... I wanted you to see where I want u to see...the reason why my writ made no sense to you....it was complete folly to u...the bold words shows why they are folly to u in the first place

Night bro
Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by mazaje(m): 12:13am On Dec 31, 2013
Gombs:

Wasn't screaming.....if I were, it would be in capital letters....I'm simply making emphasis... I wanted you to see where I want u to see...the reason why my writ made no sense to you....it was complete folly to u...the bold words shows why they are folly to u in the first place

Night bro

Your write up is just so false. . . .The west that has developed has abandoned christianity and it is still developing, claiming that we need christianity to develop is very false. . .China is the fastest developing economy in the world and their leaders are all atheist. . .The chinese communist party actually encourages its members to be without any form of religion. . .But see how they are developing china. . .Christianity is not what we need to develop. . .Everything that we need to develop must be done by us. . .No god can, has or will ever make any country to develop. . .Only humans can do that and only humans will do that. . .Goodnight brother. . .

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by sample042(m): 11:55am On Dec 31, 2013
Gombs: Because Africa is not poor, but Africans has a mentality of poverty... they love money so so much that it has corrupted their minds, and caused them to be wicked.... u see why we need preach the Gospel of Christ everywhere?

Democracy is a good thing, but Africa was not ready for it as at the time it came. Most of the folks in Africa then were illiterate and peasants, and the little educated ones took the whole continent for selfish and evil desires. The Electorate were massively mislead because they knew nothing about anything...and that seed of corruption n wickedness was sown, generations after took up from where their Fathers left off, till it got to a stage where evil was considered good in Africa... wars over nothing nothing, liberia, congo, Sierra Leone, guines, somalia, angola, rwanda, etc... and the rest of the world watched Africa destroy herself....but that was before the gospel was fully out as it is today...if we had the gospel of Christ then as we had today...Africa would have been greater..but the bible says "hope maketh not ashamed- hope does not put us to shame (`Romans 5v5)"...Through prayers and intercession, Africa is rising and the world is watching...Nigeria is springing forth... # Glooooooooooooooooray

Goodnight joor

keep in mind dt d OP is a xtain though not an extreme xtain like U.
The Op considers wat's ryt 2 be ryt...
Religion is really extreme in our country.
The same bible we read condemn things in excess.
I have only one advice for U;
...Once one becomes a man, he can and must make his own decisions but mind u even a good thing can become destructive if taken 2 EXCESS. by Brandon Sanderson

The above also goes 2 my brothers n sisters who are religious fanatics, sentimentalists and bigots. I dont intend 2 hurt any1 bt heed 2 my advice.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by sample042(m): 12:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
Well, I didn't intend 2 create enemity wit dis topic rather 2 call d attention of Africans n Nigerians in order.

When i was a kid, my mum do tel me 2 have a RETHINK whenevr people praises me cos it could either be a praise of GLORIFICATION or a praise of CAJOLE/MOCKERY. This simply means dat we should think twice on our view towards religion.
Imagine the ancient Greeks, Romans n even d almighty Israel dat we'r mainly following hv no trace in d top religious nations(37percent of Israelites are either aetheists or agnostics)...
frm Wikipedia (en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Israel).
Am nt sayn we shld abandon religion bt we should worship with our brain being at alert n not like flocks without FOCUS. I dont see any changes with this type of religious mentality we are havn.
Like MJ in heal d world;
we are d 1 to mk dis continent a better place 2 be.

Let's have a rethink towards RELIGION...BIKO!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by 2good(m): 12:47pm On Dec 31, 2013

The bolded is absolute nonsense. As an irreligious Nigerian, I know how often Nigerians both home and abroad insult me for being honest in declaring my unbelief yet you are saying religion breeds tolerance. Even America that pretend to be a tolerant nation are still very negative towards non christian religions let alone a non belief in god.
We don't need any system that brain washes people by telling them that solving their problem requires doing nothing but praying to some non existing god rather than using their brain to think of how to get problems solved. The poorest states in America are also the most religious states in the bible belt of the country and they have the highest poverty rate in the country. Check out Alabama and Mississippi and you will see that religion produce thesame result everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by sample042(m): 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2013
My problem is SEUN and his MoDErAtOrS! Why una no go move dis thread 2 d frontpage.
My African brothers n sis' need dis thread.
I WANT CHANGE IN AFRICA!

CHANGE!

CHANGE!!

CHANGE!!!
Seun, ur ppl, i mean my ppl, infact our ppl needs dis type of thread. Abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 31, 2013
sample042:

U'r directly among Africa's problem.
dude

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by manmustwac(m): 2:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
Because Africans look to the skys whenever they have a problem while developed countries look to science & technology

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by sample042(m): 7:19pm On Dec 31, 2013
kulyie: dude

Na u sabi...
Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by mazaje(m): 7:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
manmustwac: Because Africans look to the skys whenever they have a problem while developed countries look to science & technology

Word brother word. . .How you dey brother. . .its been a while. . . .happy new year to you. . .
Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 31, 2013
Demain_man: Religion and 'brain using' does not go hand in hand.

I see how well you 'used' your brain to decipher all that.
Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by macof(m): 8:22pm On Dec 31, 2013

Goodnight joor
The people who brought christianity to you are dumping it as it no longer suits their needs.
I just pity your kids because they would really suffer life.
Religion is bad for mental health

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
Gombs: ^^

1 corinthians 2v14 AMP: But the natural, nonspiritual man does not accept or welcome or admit into his heart the gifts and teachings and revelations of the Spirit of God, [size=32pt] for they are folly (meaningless nonsense) to him; and he is incapable of knowing them [of progressively recognizing, understanding, and becoming better acquainted with them] because they are spiritually discerned and estimated and appreciated [/size]

Goodnight Mazaje...u just fulfilled scriptures

This is why the black man has a low IQ. You just proved it

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by sample042(m): 8:49pm On Jan 08, 2014
So aftr all my ''PLEA'' Seun n Co... Didn't move dis THREAD 2 d front page. Hmmmmm!
I cease 2 post on dis FORUM again till further notice.

Dis may not chng d price of GARRI lyk we normally say bt 4 me I think IT's AN END TYM THINGS.

Pissed off!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by nora544: 10:38pm On Jan 08, 2014
At the end of the 20th century as much as a third of Austrians were active Roman Catholics and Protestants. However, since the 1950’s this number has been constantly on the decline, from 6.1 million in 1951 to 5.9 million in 2001 and 5.4 million in 2011. As of now only 42% of Austrians consider themselves religious, 43% say they are non-practicing and the rest said they have no religious associations at all.

I live in this country and many people believe that there is God but the difference to nigeria is that they didnot run to the church.

We are a christian state but the people know what it means to be a christian, to live like a christian, to let people live like they want it.
We have no law against gay, no.

You will never see that the president of my country will kneel down before one of our priest or Bishop.

But the church will speak against a law when it is against people who have not very much. The churches in my country speak for the poor, but this is not in nigeria. Most of the new churches didnot say something against the goverment, that is also a problem, you need a big christian man like Bishop Tutu in south africa bot not only one of this rich pastors is like this great man from south africa.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by sample042(m): 12:52am On Oct 06, 2014
kulyie:
dude

space booker
Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:36am On Oct 06, 2014
mazaje:

Your write up is just so false. . . .The west that has developed has abandoned christianity and it is still developing, claiming that we need christianity to develop is very false. . .China is the fastest developing economy in the world and their leaders are all atheist. . .The chinese communist party actually encourages its members to be without any form of religion. . .But see how they are developing china. . .Christianity is not what we need to develop. . .Everything that we need to develop must be done by us. . .No go can, has or will ever make any country to develop. . .Only humans can do that and only humans will do that. . .Goodnight brother. . .

God bless America ... uv never had the president say that before ?
Re: Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped??? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:17am On Oct 06, 2014
I still dont understand why atheists say religion holds us back . Are u trying to say that Religion is the cause of corruption and selfishness among African leaders and politicians ? Am a christian I admire and love progress . God wants us to get the best ... He says we will be blessed if we work hard meaning God wants the best for us all . Atheists tell me where the bible condemns technology or progress or growth and development .
Am sure North Korea'S DOGMA is appreciated by her people as well as you fellow atheists

People cant fool God or try to make God's Word or existence look foolish . Instead the joke is on the atheists

Hitler- atheist ... he wanted world power , killed and oppressed many . World known dictator

Kim of North Korea - atheist ... beheading people and feeding ther bodies to dogs . Lying and deceiving his own people . World known dictator .

Stalin - atheist ...Russian ... trained to be a priest but revolted and became a dictator . Executed many just to get to the top . World known tyrant

Mao of China - atheist ... claimed the world was made only for him . 70 million Chinese people were killed because of his policies

so tell me atheist , who is being dogmatic or lack reasoning ?

tell this to an atheist and he wil say that they give atheism a bad name

So people who parade themselves as christians , selfish , wixked etc dont give christianity that promotes peace , love , kindness , progress dont give it a bad name ?

critical and free thinkers indeed ! joke always on you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Website To Help Jehovah Witnesses Discover Hidden Old Publications / Miracles Among God's People! / Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.