Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Flaw In Jehovah's Witness Bible (NWT) About Jesus Christ. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Flaw In Jehovah's Witness Bible (NWT) About Jesus Christ. (3909 Views)

Jehovah Witness Bible Is Dubious / Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion / The Jehovah's Witness Bible Version Of John 1:1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flaw In Jehovah's Witness Bible (NWT) About Jesus Christ. by Nobody: 3:37am On Oct 14, 2014
BraveGuy:
grin grin grin grin
No, JMAN05..... You are the one cherry picking and desperately trying to twist Scriptures. I noticed that you avoided answering any of my questions about .... Who is this Beginning, The End, The Alpha, The Omega, The First & The Last?
Who claimed to be the Almighty in the Book of Revelation?
Who is the One Coming - The Father or Jesus Christ?

To be honest with you (and your JW reading this thread), I thought showing a few scriptures from your own TWISTED NWT translation, which you and I knows was not truly translated from any original, but a modern English distortion of the KJV, would help you rethink your values (and I hope it has been helpful to some JWs), however, you are bent on your house that is built in the sand. When the storm comes, we'll see who will survive it; it is not far away anymore!

I used to debate atheists and false teachers, but seasons have changed for me and don't have such luxury of time anymore, and I have resolved to let people who refuse to accept or believe the truth remain as THEY CHOOSE to be, very very soon, they Day will tell. It won't be long any longer.

The MKJV reads:
Rev 22:10 And he said to me, Do not seal the Words of the prophecy of this Book; for the time is at hand.
Rev 22:11 He acting unjustly, let him still act unjustly. And the filthy, let him be filthy still. And the righteous, let him be righteous still. And the holy, let him be holy still.
Rev 22:12 And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to each according as his work is.
Rev 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, the First and the Last.
Rev 22:14 Blessed are they who do His commandments, that their authority will be over the Tree of Life, and they may enter in by the gates into the city.
Rev 22:15 But outside are the dogs, and the sorcerers, and the fornicators, and the murderers, and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and makes a lie.
Rev 22:16 I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify these things to you over the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the bright and Morning Star.
Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come! And let the one hearing say, Come! And let the one who is thirsty come. And he willing, let him take of the Water of Life freely.
Rev 22:18 For I testify together to everyone who hears the Words of the prophecy of this Book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add on him the plagues that have been written in this Book.
Rev 22:19 And if anyone takes away from the Words of the Book of this prophecy, God will take away his part out of the Book of Life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which have been written in this Book.

This is my last response to you.

[size=14pt]AGAIN, I say OBEY John 5:39[/size]

You zeal is quite understandable, and commendable too, however, it's good to know that! the truth remains the truth. It does not change when you shout or make the loudest noise. So it is only humbling to search for it, since our insistence cant change it.

Like I said earlier, "trust me on that", by the time you respond to mine, what you wrote above will be handled. I have responded to those questions more than twice in this forum. Just do as I say, and the wahala will be solved.

What do you think about this:

[size=17pt] [NIV] John 20:17 Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I
have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my
brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father
and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

Do you believe these words of Jesus?

a. Are you equal to your God?

b. Are you equal to your father atleast in age?

If you view the Almighty as your God, whom you are not
equal to, Jesus views Him the same way.
I hope you clearly agree with the trust of that Jesus'
statement?[/size]
Re: Flaw In Jehovah's Witness Bible (NWT) About Jesus Christ. by RikoduoSennin(m): 2:06pm On Oct 14, 2014
Some Many Confusion being spread all around. They accuse JW of twisting the bible when the opposite is the case. They grab at straws to support their twisted beliefs but ignored clear verses.

Isaiah called Jesus: Mighty God, Eternal Father, John in Revelation called Jesus The beginning and the End.

Matt 11:27-" ..NO MAN knoweth the Son but the Father neither knoweth ANY MAN the Father save the son and he to Whomsoever the Son will reveal him.".

How did Jesus reveal the Father to be;

Matt 27: "...My God, My God why hast thou forsaken me"

John 20:17 " I ascend to MY Father and your Father and MY GOD and your GOD"

Rev 3:1-2 "....I have found thy works perfect before MY GOD."

Rev 3: 12. " ....MY GOD,.... MY GOD,... MY GOD,... My GOD..."

See what his early disciples says about him- The Son revealed everything about the Father to them -John 17:1-8;

Matt 27:43 " He (Jesus) trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him; for he (Jesus) said, I am the Son of God"

I cor 11:3 "and the head of CHRIST is GOD"

Eph 1:17 "That the GOD of our LORD JESUS CHRIST..."

Col 1:3 " We give thanks to GOD and the Father of our LORD JESUS CHRIST...."

Rev 1:1 " A revelation by Jesus Christ which GOD gave him...l

Rev 1:6 " and hath made us Kings and Priests unto God and his Father"

Trinitarian God (Jesus) has a God whom he answers to yet they can't keep quite about it.

If Almighty God is All powerful: Jesus isn't, he said so himself- Matt 20:23, Matt 26:39,42,53- He continue to rely on his Father.<<John 14:28-"...for my father is GREATER than I".--in what way is the Father greater, if I may ask? Is that verse saying they are both greater than/equal to?

If Almighty God is All knowing: Jesus isn't, he said so himself- Matthew 24:36-" but of that day and hour knoweth no man, not the angels of heaven, but MY FATHER ONLY".

What did Jesus say in Mark 10:18//Matt 19:17-" Why calleth thou me good? There is none good but one, that is God...."[KJV]

What did we understand from that verse:
Jesus refuse[didn't accept] to be called "Good". He said the only on to be rightly called "Good" is God. Inference/Logic dictates he is not Almighty God, since he just refuse the title "Good".

The early christians believe Jesus have same God as them eg: 1 cor 6:14, Eph 1:17, Rev 1:1

2 Likes

Re: Flaw In Jehovah's Witness Bible (NWT) About Jesus Christ. by edogho(m): 6:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
Now Mr.Emusan and dear readers, i went through all in d link u gave and i will like d readers to do same. To sum everything there up, the write-up holds that the Father, the Son, and the HolyGhost are distinct persons. but are co-equal, co-eternal and co-substantial and they hold same nature and essense, i would like u mr.Emusan to tell us how are they all with same ESSENSE, EQUALITY, NATURE when Jesus clearly states in John 14:28 that the Father is greater than he is. when He also states in Matthew 24:36 that none but only the Father knows that day and when He clearly rejects being called good in Mark 10:18 stating that only the Father should be called good? and how can they be equal when u and that link acknowledges that they're not of same position? what meaning of position are we looking at here? mind u, i don't enjoy being accused of twisting things, even if u happen to be right, its not like d acclaimed twisting was delibrate. ok, i anticipate ur reply sire.

1 Like

Re: Flaw In Jehovah's Witness Bible (NWT) About Jesus Christ. by Emusan(m): 9:21am On Oct 15, 2014
edogho:
Now Mr.Emusan and dear readers, i went through all in d link u gave and i will like d readers to do same.

Good of you BUT it seems you couldn’t comprehend the link very well because of the below respond

To sum everything there up, the write-up holds that the Father, the Son, and the HolyGhost are distinct persons.

You’re dishonest here “...YOU SAID THE WRITE-UP HOLDS...” which means you never understand what TRINITY is all about before you jump into it and I only gave you that LINK to educate yourself about TRINITY not to use it to put forth more questions on TRINITY.

but are co-equal, co-eternal and co-substantial and they hold same nature and essense,

Yes you’re right

i would like u mr.Emusan to tell us how are they all with same ESSENSE, EQUALITY, NATURE

Your question should be like, [b]how are they EQUAL in the same ESSENCE and NATURE?

when Jesus clearly states in John 14:28 that the Father is greater than he is.

Don’t bring another verse into this because 1 Corin 15:24-28 is why you quoted me which I observed that you confused it with Modalism.

If you want to bring anything up from that LINK then you can open another thread which I’ll give my little contribution(s).

when He also states in Matthew 24:36 that none but only the Father knows that day

See above

and when He clearly rejects being called good in Mark 10:18 stating that only the Father should be called good?

You’ve added your own statement into this TEXT, Jesus didn’t reject being called good because He is the GOOD shepherd, I don’t want to dive into this much so let’s leave it as it is for now.

and how can they be equal when u and that link acknowledges that they're not of same position?

They are equal in both essence and nature so this answers your question about 1 Corin 15:24-28.

what meaning of position are we looking at here?

Any one your mind can fathom.

mind u, i don't enjoy being accused of twisting things, even if u happen to be right, its not like d acclaimed twisting was delibrate. ok, i anticipate ur reply sire.

You’re welcome sir!
As it stands now, 1 Corin 15:24-28 never disprove divinity of Jesus it only shows the position of the Son which Trinitarians never denied.
Re: Flaw In Jehovah's Witness Bible (NWT) About Jesus Christ. by BraveGuy: 1:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
@edogho.....
I didn't want to respond to the foolishness of Man, but it never ceases to amaze me that this same foolishness tries to appear as wisdom to the less discerning.

When or where did Jesus said He, Jesus, wasn't good? He said only God is good, was it not left to the person who called him good to acknowledge that, "You're the Christ and You are Good"?

Like Emusan answered you in one statement, Jesus declared Himself as the Good Shepherd.... How many Shepherds does Israel have? - Psalm 80:1 One or two?

Jesus is either a liar or telling the truth!

In that same breath, your questioning of 1 Corin 15:24-28; I will ask you this - which of the three manifestations of the Sun is NOT the Sun?
#1. The gases that form the Sun?
#1. The heat that is generated by the Sun?
#1. The light that is radiated by the Sun?

Which is NOT the Sun?

When God, who is able and capable of manifesting Himself as He chooses, decides to use a form that we can easily relate to, YOU decide that He can't! Who do you think you are?!
Re: Flaw In Jehovah's Witness Bible (NWT) About Jesus Christ. by edogho(m): 9:55pm On Oct 15, 2014
Emusan:

Good of you BUT it seems you couldn’t comprehend the linkYou’re dishonest here “...YOU SAID THE WRITE-UP HOLDS...” which means you never understand what TRINITY is all about before you jump into it and I only gave you that LINK to educate yourself about TRINITY not to use it to put forth more questions on TRINITY.
u brought d link. are u saying d link didn't say d Father, Son and HolyGhost are distinct, buh have same essence and nature?

Your question should be like, [b]how are they EQUAL in the same ESSENCE and NATURE?
mi question should be like? u see...

and BraveGuy, i see u perceive me gullible. and i wouldn't blame u for that. afterall its a public forum. buh i believe the on-lookers now have their answers. seeing that mr.emusan don't even know what's in his own link buh accuses me of not having discernment. call me foolish again if it makes u feel ok. know one thing. i'm d thorough type.

1 Like

Re: Flaw In Jehovah's Witness Bible (NWT) About Jesus Christ. by Janosky: 8:08pm On May 25, 2020
Emusan:

1) FIRST THING Trinitarians believe is the DISTINCTION BETWEEN THE THREE PERSONS of the Trinity. The Father is not The Son and The Holy Spirit likewise the Son is not the Father and The Holy Spirit and likewise The Holy Spirit is not the Son and the Father. This is your first misunderstanding about TRINITY.

2) What Trinitarian most adhere to is THE NATURE AND PERSON of God NOT THE POSITION because they believe that The Father is not begotten (generated), created & proceeded, but The Son is begotten (generated) by The Father and The Son is not created and proceeded and The Holy Spirit is proceeded from The Father and The Son but is not created. This shows another error from you about TRINITY.

I know JWs always twist or misquote the word of the earlier founder of the TRINITY to deceive people BUT IF YOU TRULY WANT TO BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF AND TO KNOW WHAT TRINITY IS ALL ABOUT AND THE VIEW OF THOSE WHO PROPOSED THE THEORY OF Trinity kindly read this link please DON'T be in haste while reading it JUST because YOU WANT TO REPLY ME, take your TIME to read it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

One major reason I want you to read that LINK is to prove my above TWO STATEMENTS wrong, like I said earlier the readers can judge for themselves by comparing the POINT you raised with MINE.

Thus far, if my posit is right then 1 Corin 15:24-28 didn't prove TRINITY wrong.

Shalom!

Hypocrite, you dey worship Jesus and you get mouth to call Mr Russell idol worshipper !

SHAMELESS HYPOCRITE grin

TUEH !!!
Re: Flaw In Jehovah's Witness Bible (NWT) About Jesus Christ. by Janosky: 9:19pm On May 25, 2020
Emusan:

They are equal in both essence and nature so this answers your question about 1 Corin 15:24-28.

You’re welcome sir!
As it stands now, 1 Corin 15:24-28 never disprove divinity of Jesus it only shows the position of the Son which Trinitarians never denied.

The SHAMELESS LIAR DECEIVING himself that Jesus is God dwell in the flesh .
WAYO FRAUD Man.....

TUEH !!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence / 10 Reasons Why Atheism Is On The Rise / Scared! I Don't Believe In God, And You People Scare Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.