Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? (36923 Views)

/ . / Is Ebonyi State More Viable Than Anambra And Abia?---IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 12:15am On Jan 01, 2014
me_for_you: My ebonyi people, don't take offence on my comments. I withdraw all of them. You guys are actually very good people. You are never in the lagos-ibadan press axis news because you are good people. Imo has not been in the news too. Only okorocha because he has only been constructing roads on AIT and not on grounds.
All Igbos should please assist imo people on social media to take out okorocha in 2015.
May God bless you and ur families.
Me too I have already withdrew all the unnecessary jargons I throw to u before we enter this new year.
May Good God bless alaigbo and keep us together.

Happy new year me-for-you

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by WMD(m): 12:27am On Jan 01, 2014
chino11: MODs have not used this NL to better the people's genuine awareness and enlightenment. How on earth did a thread like this make FP? Was there any research or official stats to ascertain that a particular state is not well reported or not popular.

I don't believe Ebonyi is not popular as some dunces have made us to believe. Somebody can't wake up and make a sweeping comment only for such baseless and non-researched comment to hit the front-page.

I have been following this thread from point zero, but I have been angered by some comments being made by our own people. We the e-warriors do a lot of work in trying to cover for all these lapses each time we have war of letters with ofemmmmanu people here on NL.

Lets consolidate on our unity..

Dalu nu

Chino & Family

Commenting from Uga Villa

your choice of words like 'dunce' discribing persons commenting on d thread makes u indecent in the first place. You dnt wait for someone to get d stats for you. . .n if trully u followed this thread frm d beginin, then you shud be able make d calculation your self to get d stats sir. Tnx. . . .i started this thread n i hv learnt frm it. Happy new year
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by viruz007(m): 12:42am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year folks first of all....

Am a proud akwa ibom boy but ur notion of Ebonyi people is totally wrong. Fine they may not be in the news but the people are doing well particularly people from Okposi. Was priviledged to attend a wedding there this previous weekend (last year) and I was amazed by what I saw. Most of them arr well to do with many running successful businesses in Port Harcourt grin cheesy

As for the girls, make I no talk go that side.... If I am to marry an Igbo girl am so going to Okposi and picking my wife as they are both beautiful and caring... Cheers to Ebonyi people both on this forum and the world over...

Happy new year folks... wish you all the best.

Please visit http://dmoviereview. for movie and tv shows reviews, cheers

3 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 01, 2014
me_for_you: My ebonyi people, don't take offence on my comments. I withdraw all of them. You guys are actually very good people. You are never in the lagos-ibadan press axis news because you are good people. Imo has not been in the news too. Only okorocha because he has only been constructing roads on AIT and not on grounds.
All Igbos should please assist imo people on social media to take out okorocha in 2015.
Apology accepted.

Go home, and sin no more.

Happy new yr with favour.

#Back to listen pastors preaching#
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Lilimax(f): 1:26am On Jan 01, 2014
Happu new year to umu Ibe no n'ebea. O ga-adiri onye obuna mma na afoa.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by meforyou1(m): 1:31am On Jan 01, 2014
nyere84: Apology accepted.

Go home, and sin no more.

Happy new yr with favour.

#Back to listen pastors preaching#
you!!! Happy new year my sister
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:42am On Jan 01, 2014
Lilimax: Happu new year to umu Ibe no n'ebea. O ga-adiri onye obuna mma na afoa.
Amen. Happy new year nwannem nwayi.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by meforyou1(m): 1:47am On Jan 01, 2014
achi4u: May God bless you and ur families.
Me too I have already withdrew all the unnecessary jargons I throw to u before we enter this new year.
May Good God bless alaigbo and keep us together.

Happy new year me-for-you

happy new year to you bro. Seriously I have nothing against ebonyi people. It's so unfair of me to feel sad that I don't understand ebonyi dialect not minding their frustration that they do not understand mine too! Just felt that as I'm an Imo man, every igbo person should understand what I speak.
I'm from imo, married an anambra girl. One day I poked fun at my best friend (the afikpo lady) saying " see you as beautiful and intelligent u reach, u are from that bush ebonyi" she replied " see u as u intelligent reach u go marry your anambra love. And now she's showing you pepper". All true.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:12am On Jan 01, 2014
me_for_you: it's in their nature to isolated and primitive. I've tried to many that I know without success, and if I can't revive them, then I assure you, nobody can

who are u.?
are u the "messiah "?
empty vessel makes the biggest noise
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nogodre: 2:20am On Jan 01, 2014
The truth is dat somebody from Ebonyi will neva tell u she is from dre rather they claim 2 come from other part of the southeast. Also, they do change dre names to d common igbo names because dre name sounds funny.Ds is so because, other part of d SE look down on them. As for d person sayn they don't travel, they do if not more than those from Enugu but mostly dey engage in menial jobs & 've every xtics of d average northerner( physical & behavioural) due to ds they are bn referred to as the hausa ppl of d east. But in general, dey 're simple and humble but can go wild. NB They are dangerous with d machete.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Solupeace: 3:00am On Jan 01, 2014
robosapien: I weep for Nigeria as I sit here and write this. I can not imagine how something so irrelevant managed to run into more pages on this topic than things we should care more about. Majority of you educated but yet illiterates who took ownership of this thread as though it was your birthright are not even up to par with real Ebonyians that I know of. Why do you guys feel the need to judge a particular group of people, based on your interaction with their local population, which does not in any way represent the whole group? This goes to show the lack of critical thinking skills that the Nigeria school curriculum lacks so greatly, and which is why most Nigerian can not make informed decisions. By coming on Nairaland to spew your ill-thoughts about Ebonyi State will not change a thing about the state and it's people. Rather, it presents you as a threat to the unification of Nigeria. If you allow your shallow minds to think outside the box just for minute, you will come to realize that Nairaland is not graced just by Nigerians alone, but by people all over there world. Therefore, you are simply identifying yourself to them as one of the many problems of Nigeria by not accepting your own. Language is a beautiful thing! and if you have never invented one, don't say anything bad about the ones you don't understand. If Ebonyians speak Igbo or not, it should never be a problem.They dare to be different, and diversity precedes our numerous qualities as a blessed country. As a Nigerian, I refuse to conform with any territorial state barrier, language barrier, and tribal barrier. Nigeria will be a better place if we can all live together as one, without limiting and dividing ourselves by states, tribes, and languages, as with the case of the deportation saga within Nigeria. There "SHALL" be no changes if Nigerians believe that we should be limited by our states, tribes, and languages and keep recycling the same ideologies decade after decade. As for the Nairaland halleluiah boys/girls who jump at any internet-enabled smart phone or computer to comment childishly on a thread, try writing your comments down with pencil, and then wipe them out with an eraser before typing them up for the whole world to read. Seriously, its a waste of cyberspace!
Great! Do have a great new year.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by voicelez: 4:12am On Jan 01, 2014
some pple keep talking like fools, ebonyi state is among the youngest state in Nigeria and so far, they are doing better than most of their counterparts... the States that u ar comparing with it do u knw old it is?... ignorance is a sickness. I don't blame u and u call yourself a graduate . thank ur God dat u were not posted to the dangerous part if the north. am sure u would have been dead by now
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 7:36am On Jan 01, 2014
Nogodre: The truth is dat somebody from Ebonyi will neva tell u she is from dre rather they claim 2 come from other part of the southeast. Also, they do change dre names to d common igbo names because dre name sounds funny.Ds is so because, other part of d SE look down on them. As for d person sayn they don't travel, they do if not more than those from Enugu but mostly dey engage in menial jobs & 've every xtics of d average northerner( physical & behavioural) due to ds they are bn referred to as the hausa ppl of d east. But in general, dey 're simple and humble but can go wild. NB They are dangerous with d machete.
Happy new year bro/sis...this is 2014 ,if you are 30years last year ,this morning you have added another one year to ur age.
And pray u wont continue this way.
Amen.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 7:48am On Jan 01, 2014
me_for_you: happy new year to you bro. Seriously I have nothing against ebonyi people. It's so unfair of me to feel sad that I don't understand ebonyi dialect not minding their frustration that they do not understand mine too! Just felt that as I'm an Imo man, every igbo person should understand what I speak.
I'm from imo, married an anambra girl. One day I poked fun at my best friend (the afikpo lady) saying " see you as beautiful and intelligent u reach, u are from that bush ebonyi" she replied " see u as u intelligent reach u go marry your anambra love. And now she's showing you pepper". All true.
Alright the problem now is our language?
How can we change who we are? how can we change our language to suit you and ur like?
Do you know how many Imo state indigene living in Ebonyi state and do very well in their choosing businesses?
We have owerri town hall,orlu tall,orlu street, owerri street ...in fact ask any of ur people residing in Ebonyi and will tell you to keep quite and travel alot.

Have been to any part of Ebonyi state?
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Fayrouzz(m): 9:02am On Jan 01, 2014
Gombe state too.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 9:23am On Jan 01, 2014
Pukkah:

The Afam!

See how you're contradicting yourself.

Is it possible for anyone to ask every Igbo person in PH where he is from?

You then moved on to say the guy is right!

Why do you dance to the right and left at the same time?

Haha! Choose one side now.

It would be interesting, if not tiresome or exasperating, to know you in person. Phew!

Have fun anyway.
I suppose you don't know the difference between playing the devil's advocate and also going ahead to state one's opinion. Everything is not a black and white affair.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by oneeast1: 9:31am On Jan 01, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

Nnaa,ima na anatalu m' na November bia nuo nwanyi mana anaghachigo m'.

Udo,aru ike na oganiru na ezi n' uno gi!

Nwanne congrats!

Welcome to the club. Kenelum oriaku. Chineke gozie gi rinne..

From
Chino $ family
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ketoprofen(m): 10:25am On Jan 01, 2014
So, udo emechago chia na thread a?
O kakwara unu mma.
@ me for u, o di mma etu I siri yoo mgbaghara, maka na udi agwaa I kpara mere mu ihere rii nne. Ndi Igbo ndi ozo no na akwado ebonyi, I Soro ndi ofe na ako ihe ozo.
@ achi4u, Thank u.
@ all, happy new year to u .
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by meforyou1(m): 10:48am On Jan 01, 2014
ketoprofen: So, udo emechago chia na thread a?
O kakwara unu mma.
@ me for u, o di mma etu I siri yoo mgbaghara, maka na udi agwaa I kpara mere mu ihere rii nne. Ndi Igbo ndi ozo no na akwado ebonyi, I Soro ndi ofe na ako ihe ozo.
@ achi4u, Thank u.
thanks a million. I appreciate
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by FreeGlobe(f): 11:00am On Jan 01, 2014
what happened here?
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 01, 2014
FreeGlobe: what happened here?
The entire East united.

6 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 2:31pm On Jan 01, 2014
ketoprofen: So, udo emechago chia na thread a?
O kakwara unu mma.
@ achi4u, Thank u.
Thank you too Nwanne madu.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Iykeponti(m): 4:35pm On Jan 01, 2014
achi4u: Bia oke mkpi a,because you have been lying and painting the good people of Ebonyi state in bad light ...may ur own 2014 be far from tomorrow.

ewu aba
Bia oke awo! Am sure u don't know y Abaebonyi is called Abagaliki :/ does kaliki or galiki sound igboish 2u... Dan puruba smiley
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by UyiIredia(m): 4:41pm On Jan 01, 2014
asha 80: everything that has an advantage has a disadvantage.

I agree. At least we don't know them for fights. If their leaders had half their heart they would be better off.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Iykeponti(m): 4:58pm On Jan 01, 2014
Nightshift: If you're an Igboman, you should be ashamed for making the above statement. Like in other languages in the world, Igbo language has many dialects. Being that as it is, such differences in dialect can not question the Igboness of any particular area in Igboland.
Your poor understanding of dialects in Igboland does not mean that perhaps, a thousand people from your community will not comprehend words or sentences in some Ebonyi Igbo dialects.
Bia nwokem... Jee suo ike noche... Ndi Ebonyi bu ndi Awusa..
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by meforyou1(m): 6:37pm On Jan 01, 2014
Iykeponti: Bia nwokem... Jee suo ike noche... Ndi Ebonyi bu ndi Awusa..
nnaa ozuone biko. Igbo bu igbo bu ofu.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Alhkerimu(m): 6:59pm On Jan 01, 2014
Snoggy: Not just Ebonyi.

Even Kogi State. The only time you'll hear Kogi in the news is when the useless Governor gets involved in an accident or when his convoy kills someone.
y do u bring kogi state in dis matter. U have to be careful o
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by kingthreat(m): 8:11pm On Jan 01, 2014
As for me, an Anambra guy once told me that when Igbo people are speaking, Ebonyi people keep quiet. That is all I can say. Ebonyi's are discriminated among the Igbos because they are not as enterprising as other Igbos. The development of their state says it all. Also they are noted to be very violent. That I have learned from a first-class experience.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ketoprofen(m): 8:56pm On Jan 01, 2014
kingthreat: As for me, an Anambra guy once told me that when Igbo people are speaking, Ebonyi people keep quiet. That is all I can say. Ebonyi's are discriminated among the Igbos because they are not as enterprising as other Igbos. The development of their state says it all. Also they are noted to be very violent. That I have learned from a first-class experience.

is that y they are not in the news?
where are u from sef?
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by meforyou1(m): 8:58pm On Jan 01, 2014
kingthreat: As for me, an Anambra guy once told me that when Igbo people are speaking, Ebonyi people keep quiet. That is all I can say. Ebonyi's are discriminated among the Igbos because they are not as enterprising as other Igbos. The development of their state says it all. Also they are noted to be very violent. That I have learned from a first-class experience.
what your friend told you is all fallacy. Ebonyi people are hard working and enterprising. And are successful. And no igbo ever tells another igbo man to keep quiet in any occassion. And they are also living well. Check out abakiliki with the other state capitals they were created along with, they fare so better.
They are actually warm and peace loving people. Don't just stroke tiger by the tail.
Nigerians are generally very potentially violent people. Home of peace Jos is an example. Kaduna the most beautiful city is now divided accross a river, Maiduguri a sweet town with so many beautiful girls is now a no-go area. Unknown nasarrawa came into prominence with a certain "ombatse".
My friend, Nigeria is sitting on a gunpowder and we all pray it is tightened so hard because we know the consequences.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 9:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
Iykeponti: Bia oke awo! Am sure u don't know y Abaebonyi is called Abagaliki :/ does kaliki or galiki sound igboish 2u... Dan puruba smiley
And want me to start with you ogumabalamba?
You are the worst thing that have ever interacted with human being ...why not go and end this first january?
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Adycherie(f): 11:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
lol..
u wicked jare

[quote
author=Snoggy]Not just Ebonyi.

Even Kogi State. The only time you'll hear Kogi in the news is when the
useless Governor gets involved in an accident or when his convoy kills
someone.
[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Uche Ogah Inspects His Master Energy City Project In Abia State(pics) / How Kidnapper Don Waney Was Killed / Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.