Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? (36937 Views)

/ . / Is Ebonyi State More Viable Than Anambra And Abia?---IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by biafrasun: 11:35pm On Jan 01, 2014
passion007:

Dude, will you stop!
These are Nigerians trying to make a decent living, but to you manual labor is something to be ashamed of. That's disappointing.

Ebonyi is 100% Igbo. And, language is dynamic; centuries of trading with her CrossRiver neighbors might have influenced the dialect in much the same way as Akwa Ibom influenced the Igbos at Arochukwu , and Idoma/Igala influenced the Igbos at Nsukka. The influence goes both ways.

I been watching all comment with keen interest, I am from ebonyi,amasiri in afikpo, so IMO anambra and abia so wen it suits u we are igbos if not we are not, no wonder ikweres rejected to be igbos. l had this kind attitudes in my working place I shunned the girl told her to hell with townshipness that's better to come from rural village than be a kins man of otokoto

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Snoggy(m): 5:13am On Jan 02, 2014
Alh.kerimu:
y do u bring kogi state in dis matter. U have to be careful o
. . .and why shouldn't I bring Kogi State into the matter?
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by diresimdi(m): 6:19am On Jan 02, 2014
When they travel out to your states, you complain they are too possesive and domineering, they want to displace you from your land, when they decide to stay at their God-given state, you complain they are too quite. They dont just like Nigeria and her ways, leave them alone and face your problems, you think you are better and cant compete with other countries of the world even those that came to be after years of Nigeria's existence...local champions...

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Malchus: 7:50am On Jan 02, 2014
To everone, the almighty PDP has taken thier brain and they follows every command wether good or bad
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Obiagu1(m): 7:51am On Jan 02, 2014
Are you all tired?

Ndi ara!
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by kokoA(m): 8:01am On Jan 02, 2014
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 02, 2014
O boyyy. Op why you carry this matter for head like this na
Anyway you're not too far away from the truth but just like other opinions av seen so far, most of ur submissions are severely flawed.
You see that state is my state nd I grew up there. I'm from a part of that state (Afikpo) that is as enlightened as any part of ds country, with an unbelieveable array of erudite scholars and believe me folks here will push u intellectually to breaking point.
Ebonyi has not been fairly marketed at all and that is hurtn d state's reputation big time. I mean it has zero coverage. Inept leadership, celebration of mediocre leaders, illiteracy and poverty has not helped us either.
That said I don't believe ds OP has made any effort to keep up with Ebonyi ppl. Granted that there are parts of d state I'm not proud of, but just like d Nigerian state, we're a work-in-progress. We're hardworking, intelligent and unassuming people. We are the salt of the nation!

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by aghaibiam(f): 10:43am On Jan 02, 2014
My husband is from be precise.the people are quite reserved and are not aggressive in terms of business or commerce.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 1:01pm On Jan 02, 2014
aghaibiam: My husband is from Ebonyi,unwana to be precise.the people are quite reserved and are not aggressive in terms of business or commerce.
if truly you u are living with a human being not an ape then you should be shot point blank for bringing ur family weaknesses on a public forum.

onye nzuzu
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by dadicvila(m): 3:12pm On Jan 02, 2014
achi4u: if truly you u are living with a human being not an ape then you should be shot point blank for bringing ur family weaknesses on a public forum.

onye nzuzu
You are the person that should be shot and your head hung on a pole in the middle of eagles square,you are stupidd beyond redemption..she said her husbands people are not aggresive in business and commerce like other igbos(which is clearly true,atleast from what I have observed and learnt from this thread),what crime did she commit??what weakness did she expose??Bushpig

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by cosify: 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2014
Nightshift: If you're an Igboman, you should be ashamed for making the above statement. Like in other languages in the world, Igbo language has many dialects. Being that as it is, such differences in dialect can not question the Igboness of any particular area in Igboland.
Your poor understanding of dialects in Igboland does not mean that perhaps, a thousand people from your community will not comprehend words or sentences in some Ebonyi Igbo dialects.
First,i want to say that the issue of dialect is not the crux of the matter,but may directly or indirectly affect it. Then, lets put sentiments aside.I am an igbo person, and i know that some dialects are more general than others. I used to have Ebonyians from Ohaozara as neighbours.Their dialect was odd but was substantially understandable.In fact, I communicated easily with them. On the other side, my present neighbours hail from Ezza in Ebonyi.We have been neighbours for virtually 10 years now,and up till now, i find it hard to understand 90% of what they speak. The fact is that when they speak,it sounds like the clucking of hens,hence the difficulty in understanding them.(I do not mean to be insulting).I just want you to get the vivid picture of what i am saying.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by kokoA(m): 8:27pm On Jan 02, 2014
achi4u: if truly you u are living with a human being not an ape then you should be shot point blank for bringing ur family weaknesses on a public forum.

onye nzuzu
I think you have a problem with comprehension. I can't believe a normal adult would dull to this extent.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by cosify: 8:50pm On Jan 02, 2014
I like the peace and communication now existing between achi4u and me_for_you after they used harsh and indecent words on each other on this tread. All those(of course they are many) who insulted each other on this tread should follow suit.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by sethken: 10:40pm On Jan 02, 2014
kokoA: Those people sha.. Growing up somewhere in the east back then, I remembered my mum was directed to Abakiliki when she needed a house help. Guess what? Families were falling over themselves to offer their daughters as house helps.. But one thing is sure, they are very hard working. The girl we got was something else, very hard working, obedient, honest and respectful that she became part of the family, but very very local grin . These are traits I later found out in a number of other Ebonyi people I got to be friends with. I love their simplicity, they appreciate even the tiniest favor.. The only thing they need is good leadership.

People are still offering their children as house helps in Nigeria. It brings to mind the grim images of slavery that happened before our generation. Where a person is seen as a house help/a quasi-slave. If a person is a place in their life where they know that if they bear children they won't be able to provide for such children, such a person is better off not having children. The idea of offering one's child to serve as a house help for another is gut wrenching.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 3:34am On Jan 03, 2014
sethken:

People are still offering their children as house helps in Nigeria. It brings to mind the grim images of slavery that happened before our generation. Where a person is seen as a house help/a quasi-slave. If a person is a place in their life where they know that if they bear children they won't be able to provide for such children, such a person is better off not having children. The idea of offering one's child to serve as a house help for another is gut wrenching.
Ok.let me still put this issue of house help to order ...from 1999 or before then when Dr Same Egwu the formal gov introduced free and compulsory child basic education the issue of house help died a natural death. If u doubt me,tell us hw many Ebonyi girls doing house help in ur area because d last time I checked they are the ones given other girls from other se state headache in school competition.

As for boy boy,we know where it started and where it is still happening.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 3:43am On Jan 03, 2014
kokoA: I think you have a problem with comprehension. I can't believe a normal adult would dull to this extent.
Why won't I have a comprehension problem to understand when a girl says her husband is an Unoka in "things fall apart "
The issue of not being aggressive in business is based on individual not the entire state. Tell me all the people in ur village is doing well in their businesses and I will show u an efulufu there...an ori nri aguta oku for that matter.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 3:48am On Jan 03, 2014
dadicvila:
You are the person that should be shot and your head hung on a pole in the middle of eagles square,you are stupidd beyond redemption..she said her husbands people are not aggresive in business and commerce like other igbos(which is clearly true,atleast from what I have observed and learnt from this thread),what crime did she commit??what weakness did she expose??Bushpig
How do I answer this one self when my new year resolutions were to keep to myself?
Anyway, have. a nice day.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 4:05am On Jan 03, 2014
To my southern Ebonyians who keeps distancing themselves to the rest of the state should not only be ashamed of themselves but should park their loads and face that state you think that is better for you so that our little monthly peanut from Abuja will be evenly distributed amongst us.
Those who rejected not to be caved into Ebonyi state are still regretting it till this days because their villages have never seen electricity not to talk of good road and other good things government can offer.I don't want to mention their names here but if you are coming to Ebonyi state via Enugu road you will witness what i'm talking about.
idodo comes to mind.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 4:22am On Jan 03, 2014
You only answer Ebonyi and be proud of her when it suit you ...and next minutes you denied the finger that feed. Again what are ur conditions before you were caved to Ebonyi state from Imo and Abia, is Afikpo and its enviro more develop then than now.
Ogbonna Onu was the formal gov. of Abia state before,what did he achieved ...how was Iburu and Okposi then?...now go to that side and see modern development, Elechi government tarred their road to even afor Nkerefi in Enugu state.
Anyway, my happiness is that majority of Southerns were very happy, which in no distant time they will rule the state ...I won't want to spoil my day in Ndibe beach where i'm having fun with my family.

umuAfikpo ndi isi ha zuru oke jokwanu.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ketoprofen(m): 1:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
achi4u: To my southern Ebonyians who keeps distancing themselves to the rest of the state should not only be ashamed of themselves but should park their loads and face that state you think that is better for you so that our little monthly peanut from Abuja will be evenly distributed amongst us.
Those who rejected not to be caved into Ebonyi state are still regretting it till this days because their villages have never seen electricity not to talk of good road and other good things government can offer.I don't want to mention their names here but if you are coming to Ebonyi state via Enugu road you will witness what i'm talking about.
idodo comes to mind.

idodo is in what LGA?
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 1:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
ketoprofen:

idodo is in what LGA?
Nkanu east or west.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ketoprofen(m): 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
achi4u: Nkanu east or west.

u are sure idodo peeps don't av light?
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 2:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
ketoprofen:

idodo is in what LGA?
I think he's referring to Amechi Idodo which is not far from my village.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 2:40pm On Jan 03, 2014
ketoprofen:

u are sure idodo peeps don't av light?
My brother it is not only electricity, many many many things are not in shape over there and tomorrow a person from there may like to join his "REAL" Igbo brothers to taint Ebonyi image. Thus, i'm not in anyway denigrating or bashing my good people of Amechi Idodo or NKerefi them but I use their side as a case study cum example.
Maybe they were going thruogh what we went through in the hand our big brother state Enugu.
A forgotten territory. lol
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 2:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
Afam4eva:
Oga Afam u are not far from the truth just that i'm afraid of calling the whole name to avoid been attack.
I pray Enugu state government extent their powerful developmental stride to area.
Again, I have nothing against them but as drowning man I have to hold unto something ...etcgringrin
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ketoprofen(m): 4:32pm On Jan 03, 2014
achi4u: Oga Afam u are not far from the truth just that i'm afraid of calling the whole name to avoid been attack.
I pray Enugu state government extent their powerful developmental stride to area.
Again, I have nothing against them but as drowning man I have to hold unto something ...etcgringrin

So u are a drowning man?
nawa o
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ketoprofen(m): 4:33pm On Jan 03, 2014
Afam4eva:

So is achi saying the truth?
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by passion007: 10:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
ketoprofen:

So is achi saying the truth?
Afam would be the last one to know!
BTW, isn't that where a bridge recently collapsed?(I thick that's what achi is referring to)
And, there's the road linking Eha-Amufu in Enugu to Nkalagu in Ebonyi, whose bridges are in need of upgrade.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by meforyou1(m): 12:06am On Jan 04, 2014
cosify: I like the peace and communication now existing between achi4u and me_for_you after they used harsh and indecent words on each other on this tread. All those(of course they are many) who insulted each other on this tread should follow suit.
yea, actually influenced by Justbeing me. Achi and nyere84 were actually good foes and friends. And having lived all my life with the good people of ebonyi, especially amasiri and afikpo, don't see any need to continue bashing a very good warm friendly people. And I know they are successful and enterprising. The whole dialect was over d board, afterall there are yorubas to attend to, a cowardly set of human beings that rely on juju and hiding under the rock when fight comes
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by sethken: 1:28am On Jan 04, 2014
achi4u: Ok.let me still put this issue of house help to order ...from 1999 or before then when Dr Same Egwu the formal gov introduced free and compulsory child basic education the issue of house help died a natural death. If u doubt me,tell us hw many Ebonyi girls doing house help in ur area because d last time I checked they are the ones given other girls from other se state headache in school competition.

As for boy boy,we know where it started and where it is still happening.

I am glad that the governor is putting mechanisms in place to forestall house help. It should not be happening in this day and time. At least not before the age of majority, 18 years of age.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ketoprofen(m): 7:45am On Jan 04, 2014
passion007:
Afam would be the last one to know!
BTW, isn't that where a bridge recently collapsed?(I thick that's what achi is referring to)
And, there's the road linking Eha-Amufu in Enugu to Nkalagu in Ebonyi, whose bridges are in need of upgrade.
nawa o
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by emmasege: 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
That state seems to be the most dormant in southern Nigeria. I only know their governor bears one "Elechi", and could hardly recognise the guy, not until i saw him a few days ago after visiting the Villa. Pls tell that man to be more active!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

How Kidnapper Don Waney Was Killed / Women In Politics: Kogi APC LG Campaign Posters (Photos) / Rochas Okorocha Makes 305 Youth Millionaires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.