Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,487 members, 7,770,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:02 AM

Is It Lucrative Being An Aircraft Flight Dispatcher - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Lucrative Being An Aircraft Flight Dispatcher (3214 Views)

Salary Range Of A Flight Dispatcher At Entry Level. / Dispatcher / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Lucrative Being An Aircraft Flight Dispatcher by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hello people, am interested in being a flight dispatcher but I have to travel to the US to get the FAA dispatch licence certificate. Please how lucrative is this occupation and can I get a shot to work for reputable airlines or does anyone have an idea how much they pay flight dispatchers. Thank you
Re: Is It Lucrative Being An Aircraft Flight Dispatcher by CodeineJunkiee(m): 10:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
Yeah it is. I'm planning on running a short course too. Have you found a school yet? Are you planning on schooling home or abroad?
Re: Is It Lucrative Being An Aircraft Flight Dispatcher by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 03, 2014
CodeineJunkiee:
Yeah it is. I'm planning on running a short course too. Have you found a school yet? Are you planning on schooling home or abroad?

Am looking at either IFOD in texas or Sheffield in Florida. I don't think you can obtain the FAA liscence here in Nigeria.
Re: Is It Lucrative Being An Aircraft Flight Dispatcher by CodeineJunkiee(m): 9:41am On Nov 03, 2014
smoothsk:

Am looking at either IFOD in texas or Sheffield in Florida. I don't think you can obtain the FAA liscence here in Nigeria.

Yeah you can't obtain it in Nigeria
Re: Is It Lucrative Being An Aircraft Flight Dispatcher by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 08, 2014
CodeineJunkiee:

Yeah you can't obtain it in Nigeria

Where are you based? Do you still intend embarking on the course? Send me your contact
Re: Is It Lucrative Being An Aircraft Flight Dispatcher by Shyne22: 1:52pm On Mar 19, 2015
smoothsk:

Please kindly share your experience because I have called and spoken with the guys in IFOD Texas. By the grace of God I know you are already working as an Airline Dispatcher either here in Nigertia or abroad. Please kindly advice how's the pay like and if IFOD is the best institute for it. Thanks.
Re: Is It Lucrative Being An Aircraft Flight Dispatcher by balash(m): 9:48am On Aug 12, 2015
Also waiting to hear about it
Re: Is It Lucrative Being An Aircraft Flight Dispatcher by airlinepilot: 11:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
the FAA licence is currently and only available in the U.S for now. You cannot get it else where. And if you are thinking of having a career as a flight dispatcher you have made a right choice. The flight dispatcher and the pilot share a joint responsible to ensure a safe and smooth flight from the departure airport to the destination airport.

if you are thinking of getting the FAA Flight dispatcher licence in the U.S you can go to IFOD. IFOD is a very good school to get your training to become a flight dispatcher.
Re: Is It Lucrative Being An Aircraft Flight Dispatcher by seyilawon: 9:02am On Apr 04, 2016
Hello guys just came accross this thread and coincidentally I was also thinking of delving into this field of aviation(flight dispatcher)as a career but I would really appreciate the it I can get any latest information about its employment opportunities here in 9ja, the opportunity for futuristic career growth and the salary range(2016), pls any flight dispatcher on the platform I really nid ur help as regards this info, thanks

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC 22) Passing-out Parade / Were They Right To Have Sacked The Gateman? / Shamsiya Jibo Kano Born Sniper Serving In The Us Marine corps- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.