Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] (29159 Views)

Jim Nwobodo's Thanksgiving And After-Wedding Party Photos / 625 Killed As Boko Haram Gunmen Slit Some Residents’ Throats / Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Rareantagonist(m): 12:41am On Dec 31, 2013
Twelve people died in a suspected Boko Haram attack on a wedding party at the weekend, police and health officials in the northeast Nigerian state of Borno said on Monday.

Two gunmen on a motorcycle opened fire in the mainly Christian village of Tashan Alade, 230 kilometres (over 140 miles) from the Borno state capital Maiduguri, on Saturday, said police commissioner Lawan Tanko.

“The attackers, who were obviously Boko Haram insurgents, arrived at the open-air venue of the party around 2:00pm (1300 GMT) and opened fire, killing seven people and injuring five others,” he told AFP.

“The gunmen fled immediately and escaped before security personnel could be alerted due to the remoteness of the village.”Witnesses to the attack said the gunmen pretended to be guests and opened fire as cash was given to the newlyweds in a traditional Nigerian custom.
The wedding was attended by both Christians and Muslims, they added.

People injured in the raid were taken to hospital in Maiduguri, where five others died from gunshot wounds, said one hospital worker, who requested anonymity.

“Twelve people were brought here on Saturday with very serious gunshot wounds from Tashan Alade,” the source added.

“Five of the injured died yesterday (Sunday).”

The seven others were said to be in a serious but stable condition

Boko Haram has in recent months intensified attacks on civilians in northern Borno in response to their perceived collaboration with the military tasked with stemming the bloody insurgency.

The Jonathan government in May imposed a state of emergency in Borno and two other northeastern states, Yobe and Adamawa.

The operation — assisted by civilian vigilante groups — has seen Boko Haram fighters forced out of Maiduguri into more remote, rural areas on the border with neighbouring Cameroon, Chad and Niger.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Rareantagonist(m): 12:50am On Dec 31, 2013
The military has said thatBoko Haram was now crossing the notoriously porous borders in the region to mount attacks before retreating.
Elsewhere, four people were reportedly killed in the village of Kwajaffa, also in Borno state, on Sunday, raising fears of fresh attacks in the majority Christian community and others nearby.
Kwajaffa is near the Sambisa Forest, whereBoko Haram has been engaged in fierce fighting with the military. The Nigerian military claimed in recent operations that it has flushed out the militants from Sambisa.
There were also reports of further deaths in the village of Warabe, also near Sambisa Forest.
Nigeria’s military meanwhile announced on Monday that security forces killed more than 56 militant fighters in a ground and air offensive east of Maiduguri, near Bama, close to the Cameroon border.
Two soldiers were wounded as part of the weekend operation to flush out the Islamists from their forest bases, said defence spokesman Chris Olukolade in an emailed statement.
Separately, Olukolade said soldiers had “foiled an attempt by terrorists who were massing up on an island on Lake Chad with a view to carrying out an attack on some Nigerian communities”.
He added that seven militants were killed while those injured were headed towards Niger and Chad.
“Intelligence reports have confirmed that some of the wounded terrorists were seen in a canoe paddling towards… (the) Chad Republic.” he said.
The weekend violence and response came as local government elections took place amid tight security in Yobe on Saturday, which saw tough restrictions on movement and armed guards at polling stations.
Turnout was nevertheless nearly 79 percent, according to the Yobe State Independent Electoral Commission.
The election was won by the country’s main opposition All Progressives Congress party.
Boko Haram’s four-year insurgency, which seeks to create an Islamic state in Nigeria’s mainly Muslim north, has killed thousands of people.
Source:
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Rareantagonist(m): 12:50am On Dec 31, 2013
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 31, 2013
OMG! Boko Haram and their followers shall know no peace in their lives. Amen.

22 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Rareantagonist(m): 1:18am On Dec 31, 2013
payless: OMG! Boko Haram and their followers shall know no peace in their lives. Amen.
Amen

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Nobody: 1:26am On Dec 31, 2013
Why do we treat the dead this way? There are more decent way to treat the dead.
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by MayorofLagos(m): 1:42am On Dec 31, 2013
Thats an old picture.
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Femolacaster(m): 6:55am On Dec 31, 2013
payless: OMG! Boko Haram and their followers shall know no peace in their lives. Amen.
Aseeeeeee..........

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 31, 2013
So this is how they plan to reduce the Christian population in the north.
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Lionbite(m): 7:01am On Dec 31, 2013
Why cant we just build a border separating the hausas from other tribes in nigeria, that way they can have the president of their choice and religion of their choice......... After that if they like they bomb their fellow citizen its no longer our head-ache

9 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by IdomaLikita: 7:31am On Dec 31, 2013
I don't pity the Xtian communities in Borno this time around, when their muslim counterparts are forming Civilian JTF to protect themselves and share info(which drove BH out of maiduguri town), my Xtian brothers who walk around with a BIG ROUND TARGET MARK behind their backs choose to sit idly to wait for the most UNRELIABLE Security Outfit in the world to come and protect them!
Oya na! They've protected you!
They should ask Plateau people how the STF protected them against Fulani attacks or Agatu people how the Soldiers deployed there RESPOND PROMPTLY when fulani mercenaries invade!

It is a War! Any Stranger is a Potential Hostile until proven otherwise!
Waiting for JTF to come and Screen your guests for you! Ok na!

R.I.P to the dead jare and happy New Year to all NLs in advance!

5 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Gamji007: 7:33am On Dec 31, 2013
Lionbite: Why cant we just build a border separating the hausas from other tribes in nigeria, that way they can have the president of their choice and religion of their choice......... After that if they like they bomb their fellow citizen its no longer our head-ache

Rid yourself of ignorance. Its killing you.

R.I.P to the dead. angry

6 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Tyche(m): 7:48am On Dec 31, 2013
That picture there has been used and overused. Using it here is playing on our emotions

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Rareantagonist(m): 7:49am On Dec 31, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: Thats an old picture.
Prove it..
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Rareantagonist(m): 7:51am On Dec 31, 2013
Tyche: That picture there has been used and overused. Using it here is playing on our emotions
I'm just passing an info..
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Rareantagonist(m): 7:51am On Dec 31, 2013
Tyche: That picture there has been used and overused. Using it here is playing on our emotions
Its my first time of seeing it..I wouldn't know..Should i remove it?
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by herbscure02(m): 8:00am On Dec 31, 2013
This is old picture
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by saintneo(m): 8:00am On Dec 31, 2013
Idoma Likita: I don't pity the Xtian communities in Borno this time around, when their muslim counterparts are forming Civilian JTF to protect themselves and share info(which drove BH out of maiduguri town), my Xtian brothers who walk around with a BIG ROUND TARGET MARK behind their backs choose to sit idly to wait for the most UNRELIABLE Security Outfit in the world to come and protect them!
Oya na! They've protected you!
They should ask Plateau people how the STF protected them against Fulani attacks or Agatu people how the Soldiers deployed there RESPOND PROMPTLY when fulani mercenaries invade!

It is a War! Any Stranger is a Potential Hostile until proven otherwise!
Waiting for JTF to come and Screen your guests for you! Ok na!

R.I.P to the dead jare and happy New Year to all NLs in advance!

No matter the precautions taken, these evil Bokoharamites will attack innocent people. Can't people get married again and be happy for once. Should Borno people hide because this idiots refuse to accept that the has evolved? Niger, Cameron, Chad & Nigeria should form a joint border security force to cripple these barbaric animals.
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Rareantagonist(m): 8:06am On Dec 31, 2013
herbscure02: This is old picture
Ok
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Rareantagonist(m): 8:08am On Dec 31, 2013
saintneo:

No matter the precautions taken, these evil Bokoharamites will attack innocent people. Can't people get married again and be happy for once. Should Borno people hide because this idiots refuse to accept that the has evolved? Niger, Cameron, Chad & Nigeria should form a joint border security force to cripple these barbaric animals.
That's a huge point there..
What worries me most is what the government are doing about this..
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Tyche(m): 8:10am On Dec 31, 2013
Rare-antagonist:
Its my first time of seeing it..I wouldn't know..Should i remove it?

Pls do brother.
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Rareantagonist(m): 8:11am On Dec 31, 2013
Tyche:

Pls do brother.
The picture attracts..
Don't get me wrongly..Its what people love to see..
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by ecosanders: 8:21am On Dec 31, 2013
Lionbite: Why cant we just build a border separating the hausas from other tribes in nigeria, that way they can have the president of their choice and religion of their choice......... After that if they like they bomb their fellow citizen its no longer our head-ache
. Are u so daft? Wat makes u think every Notherner is an Hausa? D ppl of Maiduguri are not Hausa ok, dats how u idiots go about killing Hausas because IBB a Nupe man annulled June 12 election. BH is a Kanuri thing oponu.
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by adezjamz(m): 8:29am On Dec 31, 2013
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by LMAyedun(m): 8:30am On Dec 31, 2013
Na wah oh!!
Thank God say i no be God oh...
God is really patient.
R I P to the dead.
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Rareantagonist(m): 8:30am On Dec 31, 2013
I suggest you modify your post lest insults keep coming your way..
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 31, 2013
What a country
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Vicjay1(m): 8:30am On Dec 31, 2013
These baseless and vision less individuals have started again. Lord let 2014 be bombing and terrorism free.

Vic-jay
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 31, 2013
So humans still inhabit that part of d world!? What are they looking for? #TeamSayNoToIslam #TeamIWillNotGoToNorth Religion of peace indeed! Don't tell us is a religion of peace, let's see if ts rili one!

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by adezjamz(m): 8:31am On Dec 31, 2013
ecosanders: . Are u so daft? Wat makes u think every Notherner is an Hausa? D ppl of Maiduguri are not Hausa ok, dats how u idiots go about killing Hausas because IBB a Nupe man annulled June 12 election. BH is a Kanuri thing oponu.

Tell me you won't go with them if Nigeria is parted into three cool
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by rill: 8:33am On Dec 31, 2013
Brb to comment. I wan brush teeth first.
Re: Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] by wasak(m): 8:34am On Dec 31, 2013
front-page before the end of this year....please insult me not wishing everyone happy new year in their exams....
RIP to the dead!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbo Leaders Visit To Gani Adams, OPC Leader, Sparks Outrage (Photos) / Yahaya Bello: 'All Nigerians Are Asking Me To Run For President' / Jonathan’s Loyalists Responsible For Maina’s Reinstatement – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.