Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,896 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. - Jobs/Vacancies (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. (344656 Views)

INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2014/2015 Is Out / Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by worldgreatest: 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
Hmmmmmmm. Deep breath is all I can take for all these suspenses wey NPA dey make us go thru since 2014 but I believe ntn gud comes easy. We will surely laugh last n laugh best. Allah will surely intervene n help us all. All is well
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by imrany20(m): 11:18am On Jul 11, 2016
What would be must surely be. We shall have the last laugh .
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by munezo(m): 10:06am On Jul 12, 2016
In a bid to inject a fresh pair of hands to run the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), the Minister of Transportation, Mr. Chibuike Amaechi, has submitted Ms. Hadiza Bala Usman’s name to President Muhammadu Buhari to take over as the new managing director of NPA, THISDAY has learnt.

Should Buhari approve the recommendation, Ms. Bala Usman, 40, will become the first female chief executive of a top tier federal government agency and of the NPA.

She shall take over from Alhaji Habib Abdullahi, who was reinstated by Buhari in August 2015 as the managing director of NPA, after he had been shown the exit by former President Goodluck Jonathan in April 2015.

Sources in the presidency, who confirmed that Ms. Bala Usman’s name had been sent to the president, said Amaechi had decided to make the changes in order to overhaul the NPA.

Amaechi, it was gathered, is not particularly impressed with the way the NPA was being run and has decided to effect a change of the executive team as soon as possible.

A presidency source said that the minute Ms. Bala Usman’s name was submitted to the president, Buhari was happy to consider the recommendation, given the past relationship he had with her father, the late Prof. Yusufu Bala Usman, who was a renowned Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) academic, historian and activist before his death some years ago.

Amaechi was also believed to have recommended Ms. Bala Usman, on the grounds that two chief executives of the foremost parastatals under his ministry – Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) and the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) – are from the south, and he would rather have an equitable distribution of appointments into the agencies under his ministry.

Ms. Bala Usman, who is currently the chief of staff to the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai, and a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC), was born in Zaria, Kaduna State, on January 2, 1976.

She grew up close to the ABU campus where her father worked and obtained her Bachelor’s degree in 2000 from the same university and her Master’s degree from the University of Leeds in 2009.

She worked for a non-governmental organisation, the Centre for Democratic Development and Research Training (CEDDERT) in Zaria, as a research assistant for a year starting in 1999.

She also worked for the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) when el-Rufai was the director-general of the privatisation agency and moved with him to work as his Special Assistant on Project Implementation.

In 2011, she worked as Director of Strategy for the Good Governance Group (3G). In 2015, she was appointed Chief of Staff to the Kaduna State governor.

She shot to national prominence in 2014 when Boko Haram insurgents kidnapped 276 girls from their secondary school in Chibok, Borno State.

Following in her father’s footsteps, Ms. Bala Usman, in conjunction with the former Minister of Education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili, co-founded the #BringBackOurGirls (BBOG), which brought global attention to the plight of the kidnapped schoolgirls.

She is married to Dr. Tanimu Yakubu, former Chief Economic Adviser to the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, and they have two sons.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Alyasaa1(m): 12:21pm On Jul 12, 2016
BREAKING!
Buhari to appoint Hadiza Bala Usman as Head of NPA

In a bid to inject a fresh pair of hands to run the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), the Minister of Transportation, Mr. Chibuike Amaechi, has submitted Ms. Hadiza Bala Usman’s name to President Muhammadu Buhari to take over as the new managing director of NPA, THISDAY has learnt.

Should Buhari approve the recommendation, Ms. Bala Usman, 40, will become the first female chief executive of a top tier federal government agency and of the NPA.

She shall take over from Alhaji Habib Abdullahi, who was reinstated by Buhari in August 2015 as the managing director of NPA, after he had been shown the exit by former President Goodluck Jonathan in April 2015.

Sources in the presidency, who confirmed that Ms. Bala Usman’s name had been sent to the president, said Amaechi had decided to make the changes in order to overhaul the NPA.

Amaechi, it was gathered, is not particularly impressed with the way the NPA was being run and has decided to effect a change of the executive team as soon as possible.

A presidency source said that the minute Ms. Bala Usman’s name was submitted to the president, Buhari was happy to consider the recommendation, given the past relationship he had with her father, the late Prof. Yusufu Bala Usman, who was a renowned Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) academic, historian and activist before his death some years ago.

Amaechi was also believed to have recommended Ms. Bala Usman, on the grounds that two chief executives of the foremost parastatals under his ministry – Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) and the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) – are from the south, and he would rather have an equitable distribution of appointments into the agencies under his ministry.

Ms. Bala Usman, who is currently the chief of staff to the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai, and a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC), was born in Zaria, Kaduna State, on January 2, 1976.

She grew up close to the ABU campus where her father worked and obtained her Bachelor’s degree in 2000 from the same university and her Master’s degree from the University of Leeds in 2009.

She worked for a non-governmental organisation, the Centre for Democratic Development and Research Training (CEDDERT) in Zaria, as a research assistant for a year starting in 1999.

She also worked for the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) when el-Rufai was the director-general of the privatisation agency and moved with him to work as his Special Assistant on Project Implementation.

In 2011, she worked as Director of Strategy for the Good Governance Group (3G). In 2015, she was appointed Chief of Staff to the Kaduna State governor.

She shot to national prominence in 2014 when Boko Haram insurgents kidnapped 276 girls from their secondary school in Chibok, Borno State.

Following in her father’s footsteps, Ms. Bala Usman, in conjunction with the former Minister of Education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili, co-founded the #BringBackOurGirls (BBOG), which brought global attention to the plight of the kidnapped schoolgirls.

She is married to Dr. Tanimu Yakubu, former Chief Economic Adviser to the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, and they have two sons.

(C) THISDAYNEWS
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by munezo(m): 9:40pm On Jul 12, 2016
BREAKING

Now that the MD has been changed, how will it affect us?

It was publicised in today's NTA 9pm news.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Abdulforever(m): 8:04am On Jul 13, 2016
munezo:
BREAKING

Now that the MD has been changed, how will it affect us?

It was publicised in today's NTA 9pm news.

Nothing can stop this recruitment from happening just put that in your mind the recruitment is a ministerial Approvement and didn't they change MD before the interview so why didn't it affect the recruitment and the recruitment is 99% concluded so nobody can stop it all we need is prayers . In a very short time this recruitment will become history

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by imrany20(m): 9:58am On Jul 13, 2016
It's been lovely reading through your comments @Abdulforever,I agree with you bro.this what some people were saying b4 the oral interview was conducted. Let's have a positive thought.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Alyasaa1(m): 10:59am On Jul 13, 2016
Abdulforever:

Nothing can stop this recruitment from happening just put that in your mind the recruitment is a ministerial Approvement and didn't they change MD before the interview so why didn't it affect the recruitment and the recruitment is 99% concluded so nobody can stop it all we need is prayers . In a very short time this recruitment will become history
I salute you my Oga tnx for the imfor and god bless you
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by munezo(m): 11:03am On Jul 13, 2016
I still have a feeling that we are in for another long wait because everything will now depend on the approval of the new MD.

Perhaps something went wrong between the Minister of Transport and the sacked MD. Lord knows.

God help us
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by imrany20(m): 11:28am On Jul 13, 2016
I sent a link on this thread some months ago about allegations laid on the sacked NPA boss(Abdulahi Habeeb) about money laundry and mismanagement of the administrations funds. I knew that he would be sacked eventually.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Abdulforever(m): 11:56am On Jul 13, 2016
imrany20:
I sent a link on this thread some months ago about allegations laid on the sacked NPA boss(Abdulahi Habeeb) about money laundry and mismanagement of the administrations funds. I knew that he would be sacked eventually.
MD was not sack his tenure exceed so he resign and was replaced with (Hadiza Bala Usman) Co-founder of Bring Back our girls Group by Mr president
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by imrany20(m): 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2016
Abdulforever:
MD was not sack his tenure exceed so he resign and was replaced by Mr president
But the news stated sack;
President Muhammadu Buhari had approved her appointment as a replacement for Habib Abdullahi who was sacked from the position for a second time.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by bigtime652(m): 6:41am On Jul 14, 2016
Buhari has requested the House of Representatives to expeditiously pass the 2016 budget proposal of 38 federal government agencies and corporations to enable them to effectively execute their mandates.
The president’s request was contained in a letter dated June 30, 2016, addressed to the Speaker, Yakubu Dogara, which was read on the floor of the House on Tuesday in Abuja.
In the letter, Mr. Buhari sought the House’s approval for the 2016 budget proposals of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Oil and Gas Free Zones Authority and Nigeria Nuclear Regulatory Authority.
Others include Nigerian Ports Authority, National Maritime Authority, Nigerian Shippers Council, Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria.
Also in the list were Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), National Broadcasting Commission (NBC), the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), Radio Nigeria, and the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), among others.
The president’s letter, in compliance with the Fiscal Responsibility Act, 2007, however noted that budgets of agencies and corporations that had been privatised or otherwise ceased to exist were not included in the proposal.
“May I please pray the House of Representatives to expeditiously consider and approve the budgets of these agencies and corporations to enable them to effectively execute their mandates,” the president wrote.
Oby Ezekwesili receives honorary degree from UK University
EU’s parting shot: “Good riddance, Cameron”
Pandemonium in Kaduna as SSS personnel kills mother of 5
Why Aisha Buhari can’t sue me now — Fayose
Hajj 2016: Don’t bring “goro” into our country, Saudi Arabia warns Nigerian pilgrims
PDP national secretariat remains shut 52 days after
#BringBackOurGirls group blasts Melaye over threats against Tinubu
End Benue “bloodbath” now, David Mark cries out
Edo 2016: Modu Sheriff not backing down, asks INEC to obey court order
Buhari seeks passage of 2016 budgets of 38 govt agencies
July 12, 2016 Premium Times
All rights reserved. This material and any other material on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from PREMIUM TIMES .
More in More News
Top News
PEOPLE RECENT POPULAR
Our Digital Network
Election Centre
Human Trafficking Investigation
Centre for Investigative Journalism
National Conference
About Us
Advert Rates
Our Reporters/Writers
Contact Us
All content is Copyrighted © 2016 The Premium Times, Nigeria.
Search Our Stories
Most Discussed
Untold story of the Senators Dino Melaye–Remi Tinubu closed-door clash
180 comments · 4 minutes ago
Attorney General Malami “defends” forgery suit against Saraki, Ekweremadu
97 comments · 13 minutes ago
Buhari sacks NPA boss, appoints El-Rufai’s chief of staff as replacement
136 comments · 3 hours ago
Fayose replies Aisha Buhari, insists she was named in Halliburton scandal
44 comments · 2 hours ago
EXCLUSIVE: Forgery Suit: How Federal Government plans to prove case against Saraki, Ekweremadu, others
40 comments · 6 hours ago
Subscribe to News via Email
Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.
Join 11,436 other subscribers
Subscribe
Podcasts
LETTERS
LETTER: ‘UNILAG graduate with 5.00 CGPA deserves national honour’
LETTER: ‘Buhari lied, Sokoto has no Federal Permanent Secretary’
T.B Joshua releases alarming 2016 predictions

Classified Ads
Abuja 20
 Thursday, July 14, 2016
RELATED
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by bigtime652(m): 6:44am On Jul 14, 2016
MAY B THEY R WAITING TO THE BUDGET TO B PASSED
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by bigtime652(m): 5:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
can anyone who receive his text message show us the sample?
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Abdulforever(m): 7:36pm On Jul 15, 2016
Reference to this message attach a Applicant received "Regards, this is to inform you of your success in NPA recruitment exercises,Pls go to NPA lagos for documentation. Basorun J.O.Awofisayo Osun Commissioner Federal Character Commission Abuja." This message is not true a applicant was drove out today by the security operatives at NPA, head quater , Marina Lagos. saying he got a message and come to receive his offer letter when the security operatives contact the HR office they management said they new nothing in regards to his text message so they drove him out but from the confirmation I make from federal character commission of my state in Abuja, he said 5 applicants per state has been submitted to them by NPA management for final selection and any moment from next week Applicants will be contacted and the training camp is starting next month at Apapa, Lagos. but regarding to the text message above is not true but from confirmation names has already been finally selected (1 b.sc, 2 S.s.c.e ,1Ond and 1 N.C.E ) so definitely next week everyone will definitely know his or her faith #MayGodhelpusall
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by bigtime652(m): 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2016
U R RIGHT ABDUL I JUST COMFIRM FROM D SAME PERSON WHO FIRST CONTACT ME FRM FEDERAL CHARACTER, THAT I SHOULD CALL HIM ON MONDAY IN OTHER TO CHECK MY NAME IF I HAPPEN TO B AMONG D FIVE SHORTLISTED CANDIDATE, I PRAY WE ALL B SUCCESSFUL ONE AMEN

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by berryworld114: 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2016
Very true.
Abdulforever:
Reference to this message attach a Applicant received "Regards, this is to inform you of your success in NPA recruitment exercises,Pls go to NPA lagos for documentation. Basorun J.O.Awofisayo Osun Commissioner Federal Character Commission Abuja." This message is not true a applicant was drove out today by the security operatives at NPA, head quater , Marina Lagos. saying he got a message and come to receive his offer letter when the security operatives contact the HR office they management said they new nothing in regards to his text message so they drove him out but from the confirmation I make from federal character commission of my state in Abuja, he said 5 applicants per state has been submitted to them by NPA management for final selection and any moment from next week Applicants will be contacted and the training camp is starting next month at Apapa, Lagos. but regarding to the text message above is not true but from confirmation names has already been finally selected (1 b.sc, 2 S.s.c.e ,1Ond and 1 N.C.E ) so definitely next week everyone will definitely know his or her faith #MayGodhelpusall
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by worldgreatest: 11:59am On Jul 18, 2016
waiting mode activated..........................

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by bigtime652(m): 12:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
ALHANDULILLAH FOR WHAT GOD DID TO ME THIS MORNING OF 18/7/2016 . AM VERY GRATEFULL .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by munezo(m): 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2016
Are you saying you have received text message?

bigtime652:
ALHANDULILLAH FOR WHAT GOD DID TO ME THIS MORNING OF 18/7/2016 . AM VERY GRATEFULL . IT HAPPEN TO BE AM ONE OF THE LOCKY ONE IN MY STATE WE MEET @ TRAINING GROUND, SOMEONE MAY ASK HOW DO I COME TO KNOW AM ONE OF D LOCKY ONE? IS SIMPLE CONTACT D PERSON THAT CALLED ND INTERVIEWED U B4 OUR INTERVIEW..
I WISH U ALL D BEST
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by bigtime652(m): 12:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
I DIDN'T RECEIVE TEXT
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by imrany20(m): 1:03pm On Jul 18, 2016
I put my trust on Allah Almighty. I'm happy for you @bigtime652 if ur info is anything to go by.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Abdulforever(m): 4:26pm On Jul 18, 2016
Victory is from God Alone. ...... (Alhamdulilah ) it wasn't easy finally finally we give glory to God because is not our doings but his will, Out of 430,000 applicants down to 12,000 who wrote the exams and down to 312 interviewed and finally 200 was picked, am happy for any one that is successful including me see guys next month (Insha Allah ) in training camps ,May almighty Allah see us through the training successful from starting till the end kudos to all my successful candidate s

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by worldgreatest: 5:26pm On Jul 18, 2016
Have they started contacting successful candidate officially? It will surely end well for us all inshaa Allah. Amin
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by berryworld114: 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2016
@Abdulforever,,, Pls, have u gotten d msg officially?
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Ali97(m): 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2016
Is anybody have any clue on how their allowances are?
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 20, 2016
Nazadave:

Hi dbearer, pls ask her the content of the message cuz I received text also! Mine says NPA wish to inform u, that u have been recruited to defend ur core values in our agency. After examining ur skills, we are impressed with ur creativity and fresh ideas. Due to some logistics problems documentation, job orientation, medicals and training is scheduled to commence on January. U shall be notified of the date and venue in due time. ALHAJI ABBA UMAR RUFIA Human Resources Manager.
Pls ask her the code number they used to send her text.

Pls, where is this aunty that gave this hrt attack on 30th Oct, 2014.
How time flies. Just going through comments/posts on this thread. Just like yesterday!
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Abdulforever(m): 12:25pm On Jul 20, 2016
chibuikegn:

Pls, where is this aunty that gave this hrt attack on 30th Oct, 2014.
How time flies. Just going through comments/posts on this thread. Just like yesterday!
hahaha. ... my brother thank you for this flash back she nearly insulted me then on nairaland thrend that she even gave a testimony in the church. ...lol but I know a day like this will come when the ends will justify the truth
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by worldgreatest: 12:32pm On Jul 20, 2016
it is not over until it is over. Successful candidates have not been contacted officially. Good news inshaa Allah.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by worldgreatest: 1:50pm On Jul 20, 2016
hope the training will commence next month this one wey dey neva contact successful candidates till now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (55) (Reply)

NDLEA Recruitment 2023 Official Thread / New Announcement: Nigerian Navy Recruiting (ssce, Nce, Ond, Staff Nurses: / Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.