Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

‘I Don’t Believe In Heaven Or Hell’-former Gospel singer,katy Perry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ‘I Don’t Believe In Heaven Or Hell’-former Gospel singer,katy Perry (714 Views)

Gospel Singer Sinach Is PREGNANT! (Photos) / 'Abuja Pastor Sent Prostitute To My Hotel Room' Says Gospel Singer / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Don’t Believe In Heaven Or Hell’-former Gospel singer,katy Perry by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 31, 2013
After years of concerts featuring hot-pink wigs and songs about sexual misadventures, the average listener has probably forgotten that pop star Katy Perry began her career as a Christian artist. Just in case there was any confusion though, the singer recently stated in an interview withMarie Claire Magazinethat she no longer believes in Heaven or Hell or professes to be Christian. According to sources at the Christian News Network, Perry’s response was as follows:
“’I don’t believe in a Heaven or a Hell, or an old man sitting on a throne,’ she advised the magazine. ‘I believe in a higher power bigger than me because that keeps me accountable. Accountability is rare to find, especially with people like myself, because nobody wants to tell you something you don’t want to hear.’”
“’I’m not Buddhist, I’m not Hindu, I’m not Christian, but I still feel like I have a deep connection with God,” Perry continued. “I pray all the time—for self-control, for humility. There’s a lot of gratitude in it. Just saying ‘thank you’ sometimes is better than asking for things.’”
This attitude has created some turbulence between Perry and her parents, Keith and Mary Hudson, who are church leaders in Westlake, Ohio. Both have openly expressed their love for their daughter, but stated they do not agree with many of the choices she has made throughout her career. Perry’s declaration also highlights a year where several notable artists have demonstrated a dramatic shift in style and personality. Most notable among these was the sexually charged VMA performance of Miley Cyrus, which resulted in a storm of online responses, including that of Trevin Wax from The Gospel Coalition.
Though this news will come as a shock to few, it will none the less be discouraging for Christians who hope to influence the world of pop-culture.
http://eyewitnesses.forumotion.com/t5-former-ccm-singer-katy-perry-i-dont-believe-in-heaven-or-hell#5
Re: ‘I Don’t Believe In Heaven Or Hell’-former Gospel singer,katy Perry by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 31, 2013
Re: ‘I Don’t Believe In Heaven Or Hell’-former Gospel singer,katy Perry by macof(m): 12:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
You see...More people realizing the fraud of Christianity
No offense divepen but it's the truth

1 Like

Re: ‘I Don’t Believe In Heaven Or Hell’-former Gospel singer,katy Perry by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
Bros...
It is because people do not know how to say sorry that they claim there is no
God..
Sinc i was five i had been search proofs there is God and that paganism was suppose to be the real thing..
So one day i took the bible and rwad said i will do somethings that these people did and if it worked there was God...and it did worked..i tried phylosophy it was a shamble..
Then i saw y people hate God was because they hate correction and proud
Re: ‘I Don’t Believe In Heaven Or Hell’-former Gospel singer,katy Perry by kingk(m): 1:11pm On Dec 31, 2013
Divepen: Bros...
God..
Sinc i was five i had been search proofs there is God and that paganism was suppose to be the real thing..
So one day i took the bible and rwad said i will do somethings that these people did and if it worked there was God...and it did worked..i tried phylosophy it was a shamble..

Shouting with a loud voice [size=18]confirm!!![/size]
Re: ‘I Don’t Believe In Heaven Or Hell’-former Gospel singer,katy Perry by itsrandeeboi(m): 2:01pm On Dec 31, 2013
God..

There is some truth in what you say but it does not apply universally. For one, not everybody that does not profess God hates God. Second, considering how many Christians there are in Nigeria who apparently "love God", you would imagine that our country would be much better than it is now. The average Nigerian is corrupt in spite of all our "God love" and pretty much all of us are selective about how we love God.

What i've come to understand about people who were once mainstream christians but have now shunned mainstream christianity is that they have realized how modern day Christianity has confused God, who God is and how God wants to relate with human beings and have created a God that is judgemental, hateful and practically impossible to live by his rules. The fact is that God is not as difficult as many people make him and the gospel of fear being preached by many is not what God wants. Jesus came to spread the "good news" not the "fear news". We human beings just looooooove to make things hard for ourselves so we make God look even more demanding and judgemental because we feel that is how God should be using our human mentality.
Re: ‘I Don’t Believe In Heaven Or Hell’-former Gospel singer,katy Perry by macof(m): 3:39pm On Dec 31, 2013
itsrandeeboi:

There is some truth in what you say but it does not apply universally. For one, not everybody that does not profess God hates God. Second, considering how many Christians there are in Nigeria who apparently "love God", you would imagine that our country would be much better than it is now. The average Nigerian is corrupt in spite of all our "God love" and pretty much all of us are selective about how we love God.

What i've come to understand about people who were once mainstream christians but have now shunned mainstream christianity is that they have realized how modern day Christianity has confused God, who God is and how God wants to relate with human beings and have created a God that is judgemental, hateful and practically impossible to live by his rules. The fact is that God is not as difficult as many people make him and the gospel of fear being preached by many is not what God wants. Jesus came to spread the "good news" not the "fear news". We human beings just looooooove to make things hard for ourselves so we make God look even more demanding and judgemental because we feel that is how God should be using our human mentality.

You speak well.
All the atheist I know are very good people who act right but just can't deal with Jesus and Bible crap. Heck Christianity doesn't mean holiness, far from it, millions of Christians around the world are horrible hypocrites.
Before christianity people have lived in glory, you can't possibly think before your so called good news came to yorubaland, my ancestors were all going hell. Pls anyone who believes that has something wrong in the head
Re: ‘I Don’t Believe In Heaven Or Hell’-former Gospel singer,katy Perry by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:39pm On Dec 31, 2013
God..

nobody hates god!...it just looks like he doesn't exist . Evidence abounds to support this assertion !

(1) (Reply)

Share The Caption On Your Church's 2014 Sticker / Compilation Of The Prayers From All DMX Albums / delete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.