Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,490 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! (5809 Views)

SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report / Where does Satan currently live? / Does Satan Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 20, 2006
Muslim, Book 023, Number 5007:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported Allah's Messenger having said: Do not eat with your left hand, for the Satan eats with his left hand.

Are southpaws satan's children by default?
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by edygirl(f): 10:06pm On Jun 20, 2006
go ask satan
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by ikamefa(f): 11:41pm On Jun 20, 2006
this man is looking for real kpata, see me ,see wahala so us lefties now , we are satans children or what?
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by debosky(m): 11:46pm On Jun 20, 2006
david is the verse you quoted from the quran?
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by Drusilla(f): 12:20am On Jun 21, 2006
What could possibly be the purpose of this question?
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by Logical(m): 4:04am On Jun 21, 2006
As usual there is always hidden intention to bring up such issue but nevertheless, in when we tend to look in the context of the use of Satan in the practice of the prophet, otherwise known as Sunnah in Islam, which is not compulsory but encouraged, we have to be very objective in reasoning in the sense of applying the message with sense.

Satan is not known to eat, rather the word Satan sometimes are used to describe "evil", "bad", "something not appropriate","wrong doings" etc, and hence a very good sunnah of relation would be the practice of the prophet which he encourages the cutting of the nails, in which he says Satan resides under the nails.

Now in regards to the practice, using the word Satan here does not necessarily mean Satan as the "Evil Identity", rather it is used to describe the type of people that are not clean, because in Islam Cleanliness is half of faith. So the associative property of that person who is unclean is that Satan used in the concept.

If someone says someone is the child of Satan, does it mean that Satan is actually the biological father of that person? No it does not mean so, rather it is the particular character of that person that has relativitity to how that collection of people cohibiting that particular behavior are associated with an unacceptable wrong doing which indicates the so called property of Satan but not necessarily Satan himself or herself.
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by Seun(m): 4:11am On Jun 21, 2006
I agree with Logical based on what I read on an Islamic website. "Satan" in Islam isn't just a person. It represents evil.
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by alheri(f): 9:43am On Jun 21, 2006
Yes logical we get you, but you still havent answered the question asked in the beginning, "are southpaws satan's or "evil" children by default? "
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by layi(m): 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2006
Now if we says some words in scriptures are symbolic, we'll be crucified. Atheist will tell you "Its simple english, why don't u write evil instead of satan".
Anyway I still don't understand what makes left handed people evil or if satan actually eats.
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by Seun(m): 2:11pm On Jun 21, 2006
Layi, I just wanted you to realise that all religions have a way of explaining contradictions in their texts. It's not only the contradictions in Christianity that can be successfully defended by someone who is sufficiently creative. wink
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by oluyoko(f): 4:57pm On Jun 21, 2006
so that is where that nonsense about left handed people came from!! i always wondered.

it is ironic. it says in the bible (i can't remember the exact passage) that every was wonderfully made by God. I know he made mas, so how can one arm of what God made be evil?!

it is ridiculous. the left is a part of a person. the fact that a person is left handed justs adds to their character. that all it is. can we please stop making people feel bad because they are left handed.

as my pastor says 'We left handed people are the smartest, because we think on the right side of our brains, as opposed to right handed people. who think on the left (wrong) side'
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by exu(m): 9:40pm On Jun 21, 2006
My younger brother is left handed. He once tried to strangle me when we were young.

I'm convinced that my cat is also left handed- she has killed on many an occasion.

No doubt both are evil by nature.

Just as God intended.
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by ikamefa(f): 9:45pm On Jun 21, 2006
exu:

My younger brother is left handed. He once tried to strangle me when we were young.

I'm convinced that my cat is also left handed- she has killed on many an occasion.

No doubt both are evil by nature.

Just as God intended.
lmaoo grin grin grin grin grin grin is this man ever serious?
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by mamaput(f): 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2006
Yes he is.
Come to think of it, my last born is left handed.My other kids do what i tell them.
But this one i have been saying it her head no de house.Maybe I have to force her to use her right hand then things will be better,
Come to think of it left handed people i know all of them craz grin grin grin grin
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by Logical(m): 9:55pm On Jun 21, 2006
alheri:

Yes logical we get you, but you still haven't answered the question asked in the beginning, "are southpaws satan's or "evil" children by default? "

No, in Islam people use their hands for toilet use etc and therefore eating with the same hands, is frowned up, hence the message to dissuade them from using the same hand to eat. Don't even go on to talk about tissues, they had grass straws rather those days, and back then, in the Islamic civilization, they were encouraged to use water and their left hands and wash their left hands thereafter, preferrably with sand and water. Its just a cleaning methodology.

Its not a contradiction because there is no where else you would have another version that says otherwise. Rather I would say the use of Satan does not really mean the object itself, it might also be one of the attributes that make up that object in question.

This message was directed towards using a particular part of your body to do something, not the whole part of the body which makes up that particular entity.

Besides even in cultures like Yoruba, you are dissuaded from eating with the left hand. Have you wondered why?

In Islam the left hand is not evil !! The use of it for a particular thing is what is of evil, just like the right hands, which can also be of evil, if it is used for something inappropriate, e.g fingering a lady who is not your wife.
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 21, 2006
@logical

Quite illogical analysis! shocked
In Islam the left hand is not evil !! The use of it for a particular thing is what is of evil,

So when i use my left hand to clean my ass, it becomes evil right? But before then it is not evil?
Ok so what comes out of my ass is evil to make my left hand evil, so automatically my ass as the precursor of that evil is also evil. Since that stuff is not produced by my ass but my intestines, then they too must be evil. so in essence my entire body must be evil since waste is produced from filtered blood from every part of the body right?

This message was directed towards using a particular part of your body to do something, not the whole part of the body which makes up that particular entity.
Ok, how can my left hand be evil and my entire body from which the same hand emanates not be evil? Does a natural biological act suddenly make a part of your body evil? What if i were right handed? Would my right hand be evil too since i use it to clean my butt?

No, in Islam people use their hands for toilet use etc and therefore eating with the same hands, is frowned up, hence the message to dissuade them from using the same hand to eat. Don't even go on to talk about tissues, they had grass straws rather those days, and back then, in the Islamic civilization, they were encouraged to use water and their left hands and wash their left hands thereafter, preferrably with sand and water. Its just a cleaning methodology.
Ok now that we have toilet tissue, are our left hands now free from evil? Does it make hygeinic sense to "clean" your hands with sand considering the myriads of microbes in soil?
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by Logical(m): 11:33pm On Jun 21, 2006
Firstly before I respond to you, are you trying to get a clarification unto something or are you just out here to Bash Islam. That I honestly need to know.

He is evil is never the same as he is [b]of [/b]evil. As I said in my first post, the associative property stands. Dirty things are often associated with something not good, and something not good are often said to be [b]of [/b]evil. Am I correct?

The "of" there, is used to explain the associative relation to the property of that particular object.

davidylan:

@logical

Quite illogical analysis! shocked
So when i use my left hand to clean my ass, it becomes evil right? But before then it is not evil?

Did I ever said that? I even gave an example on the issue of the right hand, that the purpose of the use of that particular part of the body can be something. The misuse against a religion doctrine is that which is [b]of [/b]evil. I guess you are a christian?

Is a penis evil? But when you use your penis to commit fornication, is that penis an object [b]of [/b]evil?

So maybe you need to re-analyse my logical explanation?

davidylan:

Ok now that we have toilet tissue, are our left hands now free from evil? Does it make hygeinic sense to "clean" your hands with sand considering the myriads of microbes in soil?

Well I suppose that is answered in my before entry? When you talk about microbes in soil? Are you telling me Water is free from microbes? Hahahaha.
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 22, 2006
I can't believe we are argueing semantics here!

He is evil is never the same as he is of evil.
what really is the difference between the two? Ade is evil. Ade is of evil. Which of the two carries less weight than the other? Don't confuse yourself, both are one and the same, since when did of begin to connote something different?
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by Logical(m): 6:41pm On Jun 22, 2006
davidylan:

Don't confuse yourself, both are one and the same, since when did of begin to connote something different?

Or rather its you turning a blind eye to the supporting premise?
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 22, 2006
Logical:

Or rather its you turning a blind eye to the supporting premise?

Which? i couldn't find any
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by exu(m): 8:38pm On Jun 22, 2006
I don't know about you guys but I'm personally curious to know whether or not Satan likes to pleasure himself with his left hand.
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by Seun(m): 8:46pm On Jun 22, 2006
Mamaput, have you seriously been trying to force your child to use a different hand? That's a mistake. You should tell her sorry when she's old enough to understand what an apology is. Poor child.

cry cry

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-handed

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_famous_left-handed_people
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by mamaput(f): 7:52am On Jun 23, 2006
No i have not .
But i find it ridiculous to think that lefthanded people are satans children.
I that case half my family are children of satan because there are very many left handed people in my family .
That child is not poor her head is ticker than a bag of cement .
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by alheri(f): 8:47am On Jun 23, 2006
Thats good mamaput, dont try to make her stop using her left. The most you should do is help her learn how to also use her right hand so she would have an upper hand in life. I suspect my little daughter is left handed though its still too early to be sure. Am not gonna stop her from using her left hand(cos there are lfet handed people in both my husband and my own families) but I would make sure she can also use her right hand. You can never tell when it would come in handy.
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by baby4u2(f): 9:47pm On Jul 26, 2006
Seun:

It's not only the contradictions in Christianity that can be successfully defended by someone who is sufficiently creative. wink

Seun a reminder, there are no contradictions in the Bible. You have to bring out the evidences before you type.
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by mamaput(f): 9:09am On Jul 27, 2006
There are contradictions in the bible look up your new testerment.
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by mamaput(f): 9:11am On Jul 27, 2006
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by mamaput(f): 9:13am On Jul 27, 2006
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by zarah(f): 10:56am On Jul 27, 2006
Exu grin grin LMAO

Na wa o! and i thot i had a robust sense of humour!

Logical Good work.

mamaput, I think it's just a traditional thing here, you know from day one i have been taught to use my right hands, hey we were even taught to knot our wrappers to the right, start ablusion by washing the right parts be4 the left e.t.c. because the prophet emphasised the goodness from the right. not that the left is bad, but right represents positive to us.
water symbolises purity to the muslims and we must rinse off after being in the toilet, so i wont wanna eat with the hands i use to wash pee or poop, and we mostly eat with our hands. the right hands of course.

so just let the girl be.

I have a sister who is left handed too, but she uses her right hand to eat.
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by baby4u2(f): 7:00pm On Jul 27, 2006
The bible is not a story book you just read and drop, you meditate on it day and night understand and use it to edify yourself. I read that link mamaput. where are the contradictions? A narrowminded person will never understand but accept the misconceptions of others about the work of the Lord. Anyway back to topic. . . . . DOES SATAN REALLY EAT WITH HIS LEFT HAND?
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by needeeg(m): 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2006
LOOOL@baby4u
Re: Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! by mamaput(f): 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2006
baby4u2:

The bible is not a story book you just read and drop, you meditate on it day and night understand and use it to edify yourself. I read that link mamaput. where are the contradictions? A narrowminded person will never understand but accept the misconceptions of others about the work of the Lord. Anyway back to topic. . . . . DOES SATAN REALLY EAT WITH HIS LEFT HAND?

so thats all you live for your bible?
A narrow minded person is never open for any other things.
I wounder why Nigerians are still suffering. Maybe they do not pray hard enough.
Or maybe they just think they can 419 God.
There is alot more to god than the bible.
The Bible was a book giving to you by the white man as a form of tranquilizer.
You know what they say about the bible and the flag .
If you want to study religon you also have to read Angles and max.
Narrow minded my foot

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things To Know About Easter Celebration / How Jehovah Witness Called The Faithful Apostles False Christian / Throwback Photo Of Joseph Ayo Babalola, Founder Of The Christ Apostolic Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.