Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,572 members, 7,801,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Do's And Don'ts For Real Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do's And Don'ts For Real Men (1401 Views)

Do's And Don'ts For Having A Safer And Better Sexts / 10 things that turn real men off in a lady at first glance. / Dos And Don'ts On A First Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by bishop4APC: 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2013
REAL MEN DON'T:

*Real men don't hit women.

No matter how much you push a man, what you say or do to him, a real man will never lay a hand on a woman. He may walk away, he may take measures to stop her from hurting him, but a real man will never become violent with a woman - ever.

*Real men don't call women names.

If a man can't solve a problem without resorting to calling a woman a name, no matter how minor it is, then he's not a real man. Stupid, ugly, fat, dumb, idiot - those count as names too, not just the R-rated ones.

*Real men don't lie, period.

If a man can't speak the truth, say nothing. Lying always comes back to bite, always. Lying won't make you look better in a woman's eyes. It won't make her love or want you any more or less. If she can't take you for who you are, you are with the wrong woman.

Women, if your man lies and you catch him doing it, call him on it. Real men don't lie. If he keeps lying to you, dump him. There are real men out there who tell the truth.

*Real men don't cheat, period.

If you have a woman, treat her right. She deserves to feel special, to be the only person in your heart, but even more, to be the only person on your mind, and definitely the only person who shares your body. Cheaters are, in my opinion, one of the lowest forms of life on this planet. Nothing betrays a woman more than cheating on her, and emotional affairs are just as bad if not worse than physical ones. Women, you deserve to be someone's one and only.

If he cheats, dump him and find a real man. Real men don't cheat. It's not your fault if he cheats either. If he wants out, then he should leave, he shouldn't ever cheat.

REAL MEN DO:

*Real men see more than sex.

A woman is an amazing creature. She is beautiful in so many ways, regardless of what she may say. Sex is great, but sex isn't the ultimate goal - and if it is, take your credit card and visit a hooker, because if all you see is sex, you're missing the best part of a woman.

She has a heart, a mind, a soul, a body, and yes, she has a other parts too - but let me tell you something men, those other parts are so much better when you see and know all the rest of the woman too. Trust me on this. I know what I'm talking about here.

*Real men do sometimes cry.

I'm not telling you to bawl every time something minor happens, but real men do cry, when it's time to cry, and real men know when it's time to cry. And real women appreciate this. Don't know why boys, but it touches them, or something. All I know is, a man who can't cry, refuses to cry, who never is touched by emotion to that depth is not a real man.

*Real men don't HAVE to fix things.

When my lovely lady and I first started dating the second time around, nearly 2 years after the first time, one of the things she said to me very clearly was that not everything that is going wrong in her life is my fault, and that I don't have to fix everything for her. In fact she finds a sense of pride in being able to fix some things herself, and that most of the time, all a woman really needs is someone to BE there while she is fixing it.

*Real men know when to fix things.

OK, so maybe she doesn't want you to fix everything, but she has pride too, and sometimes she needs you to know when she does want you to step in and fix something. And she won't usually ask you to do this. So you have to learn when you need to back off and just be there and when she needs you to step in and fix it for her.

I'm not an authority on real men, and I'm sure not an authority on women. I don't think any man ever can be. But there are things I've learned over the years.

*Defend your woman, always.

Even if you think she's wrong, defend her. Even if it means losing a good friend, defend her. Even if it means punching some idiot in the nose, defend her. Even if it means walking away from something you really want, defend her.

Defend her always. She's worth that. But let her defend herself too.

*But more than any of that, love her.

Truly, deeply love her. It's not enough to be 'satisfied'. It's not enough to just be around or keep her around for sex or companionship. You need to love her, truly and deeply, or you need to let her go so she can find someone who does. Every woman deserves to be truly and deeply loved. And real men deserve to have a woman they can truly and deeply love.
Re: Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by Bantino(m): 2:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
Real men are always real and rigid but they die quick for being real all the time.

I hope you get my point... Unwind atimes bro!!!

2 Likes

Re: Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by Oyinprince(m): 2:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
ok, i dont agree wit d all d OP, let me just add dis. In my opinion theres notin lyk 'real men' , u are either a grown man, growing man or a baby. Note: bein a grown man in dis sense has notin to do wit age, u can be wit 10 kids n stil be a baby
Re: Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by Frankdamaxx(m): 2:53pm On Dec 31, 2013
More grease to "Real mans" elbow.
Re: Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by nekaa(f): 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2013
And do real men exist?
Re: Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by bishop4APC: 2:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
nekaa: And do real men exist?
I'm proud to be one...My wife can tell u more.
Re: Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by nekaa(f): 3:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
bishop4APC: I'm proud to be one...My wife can tell u more.
A real man is one that isnt already taken....

Of cause he should be "some" of the qualities u mentioned above dou..
Re: Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 31, 2013
I realy thank God for making me a real man.
Re: Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by tchigofigo(m): 3:12pm On Dec 31, 2013
well, i'm goin'o change my NL Moniker to 'real man'..,ur last point shld be..,real men are angels frm God..dats wre u'l get all doze qualities u mentioned
Re: Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by bishop4APC: 3:17pm On Dec 31, 2013
nekaa: A real man is one that isnt already taken....

Of cause he should be "some" of the qualities u mentioned above dou..
What's your point? ...You mean real men don't get married?
Re: Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by DonaldGenes(m): 3:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
You forgot to add "Real men unlike you don't post 1805 Topical Issues as this repeatedly, ad nau seum over and over again"
Re: Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by nekaa(f): 3:20pm On Dec 31, 2013
bishop4APC: What's your point? ...You mean real men don't get married?
lol.. no.. like what should I care if he is someone else's? I kinda outta ways to explain what exactly I meant so I will ask nicely that you forget I said nada.

please
Re: Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
That makes me a real man!
Re: Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by bishop4APC: 3:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
nekaa: lol.. no.. like what should I care if he is someone else's? I kinda outta ways to explain what exactly I meant so I will ask nicely that you forget I said nada.

please
Still don't get your point ma'am.

DonalĂ° Genes: You forgot to add "Real men unlike you don't post 1805 Topical Issues as this repeatedly, ad nau seum over and over again"
What are you insinuating?
Re: Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by cyril83(m): 3:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
Up real men.

.....Searching for real woman.
Re: Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by bishop4APC: 3:48pm On Dec 31, 2013
cyril83: Up real men.

.....Searching for real woman.
Try nekaa...she looks like one.
Re: Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by cyril83(m): 3:52pm On Dec 31, 2013
bishop4APC: Try nekaa...she looks like one.
Thanks for the observation.

...I just added 1 like to her DP
Re: Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by shortgun(m): 3:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
Where is d heartbroken, insecure, selfish,abandoned woman that wrote dis poo
Re: Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by vizkiz: 4:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
*real men, fake men, real women, fake women, tinz to do/avoid in relationship, my bf z cheatinq on me, Open letter 2 NL i hav a crush on*(d list qoes on)... When wuld all dis kindda thread stop on NL Its qettinq borinq undecided

btw...

*Throws banqer on thread* grin
Re: Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by nekaa(f): 4:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
bishop4APC: Try nekaa...she looks like one.
embarassed smh!
Re: Do's And Don'ts For Real Men by cyril83(m): 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
nekaa: embarassed smh!
embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Is This Real / She Is In Love With Me Because Of Knowledge In Mathematics / 10 Things Girls Lie About..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.