Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba (51445 Views)

Alafin's Supernatural Power Over Other Oba's In Yorubaland / Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by ak47mann(m): 8:02pm On Dec 31, 2013
OAM4J:

Lol, let me make it simpler for you.

Like many said, she is Adele-Oba (One who holds the throne in wait) not Oba. She will NEVER become Oba not now and not in the future. Princess are never crowned, only Princes are made kings in Akure.

Her children are Princes and Princess of Akure no doubt because they have royal blood but they will NEVER become Oba (Deji) of Akure. Not because she married an Igbo man but because Kings are not picked from royal daughters but from Royal Sons.
i get your point cool

2 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Dhelake: 8:10pm On Dec 31, 2013
pokur:
This is actually what the OP was saying.Doesn't matter what the regnant name turn out to be,the issue being that one of royal blood by right of the mother CAN contest.Jorge Mario Bergoglio is today known as Francis,hope u get my drift.
Yes they can contest... I get your drift..
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by pokur: 8:12pm On Dec 31, 2013
Christy G: bros,dat happens in vew rare cases.so i wont put any hope on it.even d adesida family is a big one so dere are lots of people to consider before looking her way.its like 2 percent chance
I get n quite respect ur point,it's the same everywhere even England till they passed a new law of recent giving male n female royals equal status.What really irked me are posters haughtily using the word "never",as if we don't have recent n living examples that clearly refute their claim.

1 Like

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by OAM4J: 9:21pm On Dec 31, 2013
pokur:
I get n quite respect ur point,it's the same everywhere even England till they passed a new law of recent giving male n female royals equal status.What really irked me are posters haughtily using the word "never",as if we don't have recent n living examples that clearly refute their claim.

I understand there are excemptions here and there but I used 'Never' with reference to the throne of Deji of Akure, Mrs Adesida-Dike and her children. Take it from me, with the reality on the ground of the present Akure, no waiver will make her sons heirs to the throne of Deji of Akure. Am sure she and her children know it.

There are just too many pure royal sons to be considered now and in many decades to come than to consider a waiver for her sons: Their father is not from a royal family, not from Akure, worse still not from Yorubaland. I know because I lived in Akure for some years and at a time in a serious relationship with a Princess of Akure.

6 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by MayorofLagos(m): 9:27pm On Dec 31, 2013
pokur:

You should give us examples in Yorubaland where a prince of non- Yoruba father was coronated as Oba.

We are talking of Yorubaland, not Vatican, Brazil, England, China and all these other places.

1 Like

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 31, 2013
ndu_chucks: This is the way things should be, we already have a Youruba lady representing a Northern state in the senate, now we have a potential Igbo Oba in the SW. We need similar results in the SE as well, a Fulani Eze or Obi would indicate political maturity.

Here's a phoograph of Princess Adetutu Adesida- Dike, the first daughter of the late traditional ruler of Akureland, who was installed as the new regent in Akure. Are women allowed to wear Babanriga in Akure?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1492881_CUsersA949824Desktopoba_jpg4dd1d1788af95f1f54979161af20a50b

yea, just like an igbo sultan of sokoto or emir of kano would be political maturity. wink

2 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by MayorofLagos(m): 9:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
The waiver we are talking of in the case of a matrilineal consideration includes that the father be a Yoruba blood. Her sons can be Obi in Onitsha, assuming her husband is from Onitsha royal house but they are never qualified to be Deji of Akure.
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Obiagu1(m): 9:45pm On Dec 31, 2013
The simple question is: Is Obaship in Akure hereditary?
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by pokur: 10:01pm On Dec 31, 2013
OAM4J:
I understand there are excemptions here and there but I used 'Never' with reference to the throne of Deji of Akure, Mrs Adesida-Dike and her children. Take it from me, with the reality on the ground of the present Akure, no waiver will make her sons heirs to the throne of Deji of Akure. Am sure she and her children know it.
There are just too many pure royal sons to be considered now and in many decades to come than to consider a waiver for her sons: Their father is not from a royal family, not from Akure, worse still not from Yorubaland. I know because I lived at Akure for some years and at time in a serious relationship with a Princess of Akure.
Now this?.Smh
Truly,does that twisted logic make any sense to u?

OAM4J:
Lol, let me make it simpler for you.
Like many said, she is Adele-Oba (One who holds the throne in wait) not Oba. She will NEVER become Oba not now and not in the future. Princess are never crowned, only Princes are made kings in Akure.
Her children are Princes and Princess of Akure no doubt because they have royal blood but they will NEVER become Oba (Deji) of Akure. Not because she married an Igbo man but because Kings are not picked from royal daughters but from Royal Sons.
This is what u wrote earlier.Spot the difference from ur later submission?

1 Like

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Tobbie9(m): 10:08pm On Dec 31, 2013
except there are no other male children in the royal bloodline, i don't see how its possible for her kids to ever become the deji of akure

1 Like

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 31, 2013
I heard the former king that was removed is begging to come back.
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by pokur: 10:10pm On Dec 31, 2013
By the way,none of u is yet to state the special circumstance or bring proof of any waiver that brought Tejuosho to the throne of Oke-Ona Egba.
@OAM4J,Mayor_of_Lagos,stop grasping at straws.Tell me why this happened or are the Egbas not Yoruba again?.
I do know there are Princes of the blood,of the male tail that could have ascended.

1 Like

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by MayorofLagos(m): 10:37pm On Dec 31, 2013
pokur: By the way,none of u is yet to state the special circumstance or bring proof of any waiver that brought Tejuosho to the throne of Oke-Ona Egba.
@OAM4J,Mayor_of_Lagos,stop grasping at straws.Tell me why this happened or are the Egbas not Yoruba again?.
I do know there are Princes of the blood,of the male tail that could have ascended.

My friend i already asked you to tell where Tejuosho's father is from. The issue is on succession.

By default the crown goes to the patrilineal blood except in waivers and on which occassion the candidate's patrilineal blood must still be vetted.

The Oba must do certain things which are sacred and in reverence to Oduduwa. These are rituals that are undertaken in the shrine itself.
Why do you think our youths are sacking Obas from their thrones? Because they swore oath to uphold the Oduduwa creed but then afterward want to practice jesus and mohammed creed from the throne. ..not gonna happen!

Are the Dike children of Yoruba paternity? That will never be waived. It has never been waived by our fathers or their fathers before them and in Oduduwa's name it shall not be waived in our time or that of children in our future. You can fantasize this waiver thing all you want and wish it was different but thats just the truth. It cannot be amended by constitution either because it is customary.

I really dont know why Yoruba princess will mix blood with Ibo. We have mixed blood with Tapa, Bariba, Hausa, Fulani, Edo and never had to come online to explain and straighten things out on issue of covetousnouss. Why cant Ibo be graceful and civilized sometimes? Just pretend sometimes that you are content with yourself and what you have and dont need what belong to others. Please!

5 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Dhelake: 10:42pm On Dec 31, 2013
re@lchange:

yea, just like an igbo sultan of sokoto or emir of kano would be political maturity. wink
Lolz .... That would be 'One Nigeria ' taken too far
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by MayorofLagos(m): 10:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
Obiagu1: The simple question is: Is Obaship in Akure hereditary?

No, it is not. The town crier goes to the square and rings a bell, then people from Hausa quarters come, Ibo spare parts dealers come, Yorubas come and the palace scribe ask the people to vote and select somebody. Hopefully a spare parts Chukwudi will be selected as next Deji.

Oh..i forgot, Obiagu, you should travel immediately to Akure they are ringing the bell next week. I would love to hear you won the vote.

5 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Dhelake: 10:44pm On Dec 31, 2013
Obiagu1: The simple question is: Is Obaship in Akure hereditary?
My argument exactly
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by pokur: 10:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

My friend i already asked you to tell where Tejuosho's father is from. The issue is on succession.

By default the crown goes to the patrilineal blood except in waivers and on which occassion the candidate's patrilineal blood must still be vetted.

The Oba must do certain things which are sacred and in reverence to Oduduwa. These are rituals that are undertaken in the shrine itself.
Why do you think our youths are sacking Obas from their thrones? Because they swore oath to uphold the Oduduwa creed but then afterward want to practice jesus and mohammed creed from the throne. ..not gonna happen!

Are the Dike children of Yoruba paternity? That will never be waived. It has never been waived by our fathers or their fathers before them and in Oduduwa's name it shall not be waived in our time or that of children in our future. You can fantasize this waiver thing all you want and wish it was different but thats just the truth. It cannot be amended by constitution either because it is customary.

I really dont know why Yoruba princess will mix blood with Ibo. We have mixed blood with Tapa, Bariba, Hausa, Fulani, Edo and never had to come online to explain and straighten things out on issue of covetousnouss. Why cant Ibo be graceful and civilized sometimes? Just pretend sometimes that you are content with yourself and what you have and dont need what belong to others. Please!

I don't do ant-rants.Good night n goodbye from me.

1 Like

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by MayorofLagos(m): 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
pokur:
I don't do ant-rants.Good night n goodbye from me.

Remember, matrilineal waiver goes through only after paternal blood is vetted and confirmed Yoruba, otherwise it doesnt move forward. In Mrs Dike's case we know what the future holds for her sons. End of Story!

3 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by musiwa112: 11:07pm On Dec 31, 2013
that not the true name, from what i just read online.. Adetutu Adesida-Ojei not dike. nairaland tell lies.

3 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by eaglechild: 11:08pm On Dec 31, 2013
Akure is lucky to have Igbo blood infused into their Kingdom as ruler.
Will stir them out of the doldrums to prosperity.

1 Like

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by dahfweshdude69: 11:22pm On Dec 31, 2013
she ain't d king...a new king is still coming in... and her children CAN never rule akure.. first n foremost, she is a female child and her husband isn't Yoruba..they can be called Prince and princess But can't be kings...am sure d odi in akure knows the outcome and consequences of making someone Who isn't of pure royal blood king.. in my own village, it is pure abomination...She is a female child and just there on temporary basis...

2 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Dhelake: 11:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
The husband name is not even Dike but Ojei

1 Like

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Obiagu1(m): 12:02am On Jan 01, 2014
Mayor_of_Lagos:

No, it is not. The town crier goes to the square and rings a bell, then people from Hausa quarters come, Ibo spare parts dealers come, Yorubas come and the palace scribe ask the people to vote and select somebody. Hopefully a spare parts Chukwudi will be selected as next Deji.

Oh..i forgot, Obiagu, you should travel immediately to Akure they are ringing the bell next week. I would love to hear you won the vote.

This is why Nigerians keep failing common WAEC!
SMH.
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Nobody: 2:42am On Jan 01, 2014
Does she have to dress like a man
Everyone knows she is a woman
She is wearing lipstick
Why the manly gabs?
Is she also expected to stand and pee pee
Let her wear skirt and blouse jor,the outfit is an eyesore
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by ladionline: 7:52am On Jan 01, 2014
Great things happen to great people.
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:10am On Jan 01, 2014
ndu_chucks:

shocked shocked shocked

Isn't sango supposed to be the god of thunder and lightning in Yoruba land? Do I sense confusion? Please explain this.
He was also Alaafin.
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 01, 2014
St_Black:

Sup Cripz. Hw's your side.?

I'm good fam, how's you?
HNY btw. smiley
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by dahfweshdude69: 8:51am On Jan 01, 2014
Orlando Owoh:
Fool, the first Alaafin of Oyo was Sango.
Is sango the first alaafin?... I thought oranmiyan was the first
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by tonychristopher: 2:06pm On Jan 01, 2014
ak47mann: Her name Mrs Dike a Princess in Akure. Her Children will now become Prince even though they are Igbo. cool

this is why i love igbos...they rule by proxy.underground moves.look at nigeria GEJ is president but we know those that run things here...

i love one nigeria...its good
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by tonychristopher: 2:08pm On Jan 01, 2014
eaglechild: Akure is lucky to have Igbo blood infused into their Kingdom as ruler.
Will stir them out of the doldrums to prosperity.

on point.

seconded

1 Like

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by tonychristopher: 2:11pm On Jan 01, 2014
Mayor_of_Lagos:

cry me a river benue...u r lucky ur mixing blood with ibo..what of fulani that subdued u and afonja at offa and ilorin forever
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:40pm On Jan 01, 2014
tonychristopher:

this is why i love igbos...they rule by proxy.underground moves.look at nigeria GEJ is president but we know those that run things here...

i love one nigeria...its good
She is Yoruba married to Ibo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? / Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident / The Origin Of Urhobo People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.