Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! - Technology Market (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! (71946 Views)

How To Identify Fake Samsung Charger *photos / New Samsung Galaxy S4 Is On Sale Now / New Samsung Galaxy S4 Is Now On Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 02, 2014
ewizard1:
Young Man... You can just silence yourself if you dont know !
There are fakes/clones of the S3/S4... Not variant.
If there are variants.. they would look EXACTLY!!! (read dat clearly) E-X-A-C-T-L-Y the SAME !!!

The S3 has just two Variants i9300 and i9305
I currently use the i9305 and its difference is Just the 2Gb RAM and the LTE... every other thing is the same... Look, Shape, Everything...
you have said it all.

3 Likes

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by ewizard1: 7:16am On Jan 02, 2014
kayswag100:

again, another fallacy! !!

NEVER COMPARE A BRAND NEW PHONE TO A SO-CALLD UK USED ONE.

If you used one that worked well, it doesn't make it better than all new ones.

Please explain y an S3 I bought more than a year after its first release compares with the pioneering S3s. So according to your theory, the pioneering ones are stronger than mine ryt?

hmmmm. .. I laugh! !!
Phones Manufactured to be sold in the US/UK is on standard than what is shipped into Nigeria...

Now lemme break it down...

When you buy a New 'SAMSUNG' Branded phone in Nigeria. You can neva compare it with one (either used or new) 'at&t, TMobile,Verizon etc' Branded Phone.

If you bougth your new phone in the US/UK... Fine, its standard is different from someone who bougth his New phone in Slot.

You grab?
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by ewizard1: 7:23am On Jan 02, 2014
Turbocharged:
You are the GREATEST IDI-OT I have ever seen in this life. What. do u do know about Korea and korea products. Coming here to display ur stupid-ity.

A Korean used/version of any Samsung product. is the BEST you can get anywhere, the only problem is their phone is not rootable.

Hahahahahaha !!!

How can a Clone best the one it Copied?

*dies* *re-wakes up* *dies again*

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by ewizard1: 7:30am On Jan 02, 2014
Someone look at the last of the 4 pictures YoungBilly posted...
See that Camera lens thing I was talking about... Notice the Real S4 lens is sharp than the Fake...

Now someone is telling me its Variant... Varieties ni!!!

Better learn so u dont become a prey!
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by kinibd(m): 7:32am On Jan 02, 2014
youngbilly1: Am suprised no one or company is to be trusted in Nigeria, a friend of mine was at ikeja and bought a used Samsung S4 at Affordables Phone,i gave him my trust about the company but to my suprised they sold him fake korea S4 for N65k. On getting there for a refund we couldn't get a refund but we picked another phone.

Where am driving at is when we checked other stores for the New Samsung S4 it was the same korea Version so we moved to SLOT, we got to slot check the phone out it was original in the display cool! on getting home charging and turning it on it turned out to be a korea version WTF! We complain and they changed it for us. I wanna let everyone here know how to spot a fake S4 and the Original, pls don't be deceived by anyone, both the fake and real looks alike software wise and hardware wise and even the pack.

How to spot a fake S4
1. The camera has a poor quality, when you check the pixel it stops at 8mega pixel while the original is 13mega pixel.

2. The fake has Voice Search instead of S Voice

3. The memory of the fake S4 is 1.8gb instead of 16gb like the original.

4. The screen resolution is poor.

5. If you are buying a used S4 goto samsung office and see the features and resolution of the S4 then you can compare what you're buying when you get to computer village.

Cheers.

Op this affordables at computer village, they are close to one of the entrances, the one close to the bridge, their shop is by your left upstairs and their so called office behind that right? I bought a black berry phone from them about a year ago, they sold it to me as a new one but when I got home, i figured it had been used because there is a rubberlike stuff which is supposed to block the screws inside to show the phone has not been opened, i never knew about this and took the phone back to be changed because it got too hot at the slightest use, to my surprise i was told i had tampered with a phone i just got about two days ago by opening it, i was surprised because i did not open the phone, long story cut short, i was tlold the warranty on the phone would not work anymore and i was not giving a refund, my point for this whole blah blah blah, AFFORDABLES PHONES at ikeja are overhyped and that is the headquarters of fake phones in Lagos

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by viroblaze: 7:46am On Jan 02, 2014
I think I found myself almost slipping if not that I had my s4 with me...Made comparisons and came to the below inference
1. The boot sound is not as sharp as the Original s4
2. The blue LED light does not come up on powering on the phone
3. The resolution is quite poor,
4. Surprisingly, I saw FM radio in the clone.. Mind you, s3 is the last galaxy flagship to have one.. This was the main deciding factor for me..
5. Every other goddamn thing is same..
6. The Clone is Always made in Korea, Most of the Originals I've come across are made in Vietnam, so once you see Korea, take a deep laugh and walk away..
It surprised me though how far the people have gone to deceive others..

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by QEbeauty(f): 7:46am On Jan 02, 2014
Did my research few days back and i discovered the clone for S4 is a china phone FEI TENG H9500 and H9500+(it is infact rated as the best low-end android device after the Iocean X7 elite phone and you can get it for about $170) you can read reviews and get it on aliexpress...............(My apology op i guess i kinda derailed a lil wink )

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Patrickjunior(m): 7:52am On Jan 02, 2014
maxi_valueII:

Yeah they have Chinese version of all samsung gadgets, Becareful when buying any
...china kwa, china made his the same thing with aba made na.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Patrickjunior(m): 7:54am On Jan 02, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]...last to comment.....happy new year to everybody.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by adelaja70(m): 8:11am On Jan 02, 2014
My Samsung Galaxy Note is stuck on Lte screen logo...what do i do guys? I need help.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by akposking(m): 8:19am On Jan 02, 2014
OP ur head da there.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 02, 2014
frebor: O boy dem scam you no be small o... i can get you the s4 pictured below for 20k brand new

This is such a cheap fake.
There are some badass fakes that the only difference you can see there is just one..well they are clones...which means they are not supposed to be like the original. Everything else is so upthere! A friend of mine imports these badass ones o..if u are interested... note however....they are CLONES!

The name... on d front.. this is what a chinco front SAMSUNG looks like...

D original is smaller than that...

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by nneh1(f): 8:51am On Jan 02, 2014
youngbilly1: more picture
guy you are doing a good job posting pix.God bless you.

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by youngbilly1: 9:08am On Jan 02, 2014
Turbocharged:
You are the GREATEST IDI-OT I have ever seen in this life. What. do u do know about Korea and korea products. Coming here to display ur stupid-ity.

A Korean used/version of any Samsung product. is the best you can get anywhere, the only problem is their phone is not rootable.

thanks am an idi-ot, people like you derail people...Can i ask you a question Nigeria movies are made where?IN NIGERIA and the pirated version are made where?CHINA abi? Samsung make this product in korea "international version" and the same fake is made in korea not CHINA!!! there different types of the fake if you check youtube videos and reviews they will tell you, some fake screen are not as big as the original, some fake has no samsung label printed on the phone and the pack. And the china S4 is named Samsung but when the battery is removed you see SINSUNG. One more thing do you think product made in china are all fake, where's iphone assembled?CHINA.!! and also the original samsung S4 battery is made in China not korea! So be WISE! and be informed about a device you spent thousands to buy.

2 Likes

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by stev007(m): 9:24am On Jan 02, 2014
Great job Op, also here are a few tips to note wen buying any samsung s4 especially d so-called 'london used' at computer village

Be sure you are familiar wit d fone either from pressing a friend's own or dat of a relation. Its only wen ur very familiar wit a fone that u can detect tins that are not supposed to be there. Eg a person dat has used iphone or nokia all his life can neva detect a fake s4 and vice versa. Imagine seeing a radio on an s4, an iphone or nokia user won't knw dat s4 does not come wit radio.
Never go alone to buy it as you might be in a hurry or excited state becos of the cheap price ur getting it and therefore overlook or forget to do d basic checks on d fone.
Those boys at Cv are as smart as u are so most of the time they won't charge the fone ba3 very well. They ll intentional leave d fone on low ba3 and tell u to check d fone quick quick b4 d ba3 dies off, this will make u not check all the necessary tins u need to check.
Finally, before going to buy a fone, first write down a list of wat to check in d fone eg the memory size, camera picture quality, sound, d company logo etc.

2 Likes

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Skills10: 10:59am On Jan 02, 2014
Honestly, why would someone buy a used phone for 65k? if u are bent on using a samsung S4. Save up and buy a new one. must u use an S4 at all cost? And d dude that compares buying used phones with buying used cars must be born yesterday. With used pones, u hope for the best and expect the worst. That 65k can as well buy an equally efficient android phone. No warranty on the used phone. SMH.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by pannyman(m): 11:34am On Jan 02, 2014
Skills10: Honestly, why would someone buy a used phone for 65k? if u are bent on using a samsung S4. Save up and buy a new one. must u use an S4 at all cost? And d dude that compares buying used phones with buying used cars must be born yesterday. With used pones, u hope for the best but expect the worst. That 65k can as well buy an equally efficient android phone. No warranty on the used phone. SMH.

@Skills10, you just took the words right out of my mouth. I don't understand why some people feel they must use a high-end phone even if they cannot afford one. There are a lot of genuine android phones that are mid-range at moderate prices that one can buy from reputable dealers with manufacturer's 2-year warranty. 65k can get you a very good Android phone if you carry out a bit of research and market survey.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by tomie123(m): 11:56am On Jan 02, 2014
beware of every gadget u get @ ikeja .
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by dragnet: 12:24pm On Jan 02, 2014
ewizard1:
Young Man... You can just silence yourself if you dont know !
There are fakes/clones of the S3/S4... Not variant.
If there are variants.. they would look EXACTLY!!! (read dat clearly) E-X-A-C-T-L-Y the SAME !!!

The S3 has just two Variants i9300 and i9305
I currently use the i9305 and its difference is Just the 2Gb RAM and the LTE... every other thing is the same... Look, Shape, Everything...
S3 has more than two variants in fact they are up to six if not more
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by dragnet: 12:30pm On Jan 02, 2014
adelaja70: My Samsung Galaxy Note is stuck on Lte screen logo...what do i do guys? I need help.
note what ?
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2014
dragnet:
S3 has more than two variants in fact they are up to six if not more
he means the original... recognized original
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by dragnet: 12:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
deejay_harry1:
he means the original... recognized original
Yes, there are up to Six !
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2014
dragnet:
Yes, there are up to Six !
prove this statement
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by krugar07(m): 1:23pm On Jan 02, 2014
speedyboi:
btw, OP every Samsung S4 is made in Korea.....So what's your point about 'Korean Version' issh? Fake is fake, not 'china or Korea Version'. Most Samsung Phones are made in korea.
samsung phones sent to Africa are "made in china" be it s4 or not. my tab 2 i bought from europe is "made in vietnam" while a friend's own which he bought here is "made in china" not korea. "made in korea" samsung phones i think should be solely for korean market.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by abhosts(m): 2:10pm On Jan 02, 2014
boban 007: I bought a brand new htc one x from affordables computer village ikeja in 2012.it was around 100,000.with 3months warranty.after 3weeks the screen went blank.i took it back and it was one story or the other.i was very angry and showed them my receipt only for them to tell me htc does not give them warranty.when I started shouting they took the phone from me and asked me to come back in 3 days time.after which they told me they intend sending to uk to fix,but they cant take one phone to uk except they get few more damaged ones.i asked for a replacement but was told not possible.i was angry and frustrated.i eventually took it to London myself after another 4months and replaced the screen for 80 pounds.can u imagine the pain.

I had the same experience with an htc phone I bought from SLOT. It was story time when the phone developed a fault shortly after purchase. I dont understand why they had to lie that the phone has a warranty cover when the opposite was the case.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Psaalmuel(m): 3:58pm On Jan 02, 2014
A month ago wen I was abuh gettin a new fone..I was at ikj nd I was almost buying it..d man was showing me d qualities..me n d igbo man convas..
Me- sir u sel smartphones?
Igbo man- yes na..samsung,sony,lg, which maker ma customer..
Me- In ma mind I was lyk av only bn hia once chai..ok sir samsung s4..
Igbo man-chai dah phone na big boys fone oo..u sabi koret..u c dis fone iffa sway ma hand lyk e go change..dt was im describing d eye sensor..
Me-wow..its kul oo..hope it wuld download bbm oo..cos china don't oo..
Igbo man-i go download m for u nawory,na ma buiz b dat na..
Me- ok ow mush is it??
Igbo man- bwing 25k
Me-chai u mean m..knwn its nat posible at dat price range.. I said woh I go prefer blakberry na d fone sub go kill me..
Igbo man-bros I go giv u for 20..
Den I knew it was a real fake..I ended up wit a bold 5..
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Psaalmuel(m): 3:59pm On Jan 02, 2014
;DA month ago wen I was abuh gettin a new fone..I was at ikj nd I was almost buying it..d man was showing me d qualities..me n d igbo man convas..
Me- sir u sel smartphones?
Igbo man- yes na..samsung,sony,lg, which maker ma customer..
Me- In ma mind I was lyk av only bn hia once chai..ok sir samsung s4..
Igbo man-chai dah phone na big boys fone oo..u sabi koret..u c dis fone iffa sway ma hand lyk e go change..dt was im describing d eye sensor..
Me-wow..its kul oo..hope it wuld download bbm oo..cos china don't oo..
Igbo man-i go download m for u nawory,na ma buiz b dat na..
Me- ok ow mush is it??
Igbo man- bwing 25k
Me-chai u mean m..knwn its nat posible at dat price range.. I said woh I go prefer blakberry na d fone sub go kill me..
Igbo man-bros I go giv u for 20..
Den I knew it was a real fake..I ended up wit a bold 5..
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 02, 2014
Yo! Please upload a picture
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by dragnet: 6:59pm On Jan 02, 2014
deejay_harry1: prove this statement
there's the I747,T999, I9300, SPH variants, SCH,.SPL ..go search if you really need to know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

USA Used Laptops For Sale At Affordable Prices. Updated. / Dongle Device-[unscramble All Locked Channels] / I Need Number Codes To Reset Memmcol Prepaid Meter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.