Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! - Technology Market (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! (71945 Views)

How To Identify Fake Samsung Charger *photos / New Samsung Galaxy S4 Is On Sale Now / New Samsung Galaxy S4 Is Now On Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by ewizard1: 7:18pm On Jan 02, 2014
dragnet:
there's the I747,T999, I9300, SPH variants, SCH,.SPL ..go search if you really need to know.
Thanks for that bro... My bad

But they all have same look abi?
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by DrDre1(m): 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2014
ewizard1:
Phones Manufactured to be sold in the US/UK is on standard than what is shipped into Nigeria...

Now lemme break it down...

When you buy a New 'SAMSUNG' Branded phone in Nigeria. You can neva compare it with one (either used or new) 'at&t, TMobile,Verizon etc' Branded Phone.

If you bougth your new phone in the US/UK... Fine, its standard is different from someone who bougth his New phone in Slot.

You grab?
Nicely said. People think it's cos u can't afford the new ones. The phone companies are not fools. What someone in America pays for a phone is very different from what they do in Nigeria. Same company can produce the same phone with different build quality. It's not really rocket science to understand this

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by dragnet: 9:48pm On Jan 02, 2014
ewizard1:
Thanks for that bro... My bad

But they all have same look abi?
like 98 percentage of similarities in physical appearance
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 12:36am On Jan 03, 2014
Thanks friend for d enlightenment.....
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 03, 2014
This computer village n GSM village na real jungle.....
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by ladokuntlad(m): 1:28am On Jan 03, 2014
To confirm any samsung s4, s3, note 1,2 etc
switch of the fone first(u can pull out d battery den insert bak)

den hold (not press) the volume down,
hold menu key,then press
the power key....

if it boots on a screen displayin an option like:

!. press volume down to continue to download mode
2. press power key to reboot

wen u choose option 1., it will show a screen with downloading displayed on it.
den i can assure u its original.

but if it doesnt show downloading mode but displayin some factory test blah blah stuff, den naa fake oo...

ALTERNATIVELY
Buy a USB-OTG(usb-on-the-go) cable
if u connect the OTG cable to ur phone like galaxy series(s3,s4,note......) and it pop up in d notification area, den it's original but if not.... nah gobe u buy... [b]chikena

i hope dat helps a bit...

FOR ANY HTC PHONE

TO KNOW IF ITS ORIGINAL OR NOT...

off d fone(make sure fast reboot is disabled in: settings-power saving-fast reboot)

den hold volume down followed by power key

if it shows a white screen displaying tins like:
" *phone name*... s-on or s-off"
"hboot version: **** "
and so on..
den its original bt might b refurblished shaaa

If it dowsnt show all dat stuffs, den naa gobe tins oo

For oda brands of android or any fone atall.
My advise is for u to av a little research abt d fone first before buyin it..
tins like:
internal memory(compare with online)
ram size
some unique features abt d phone( multiwindow, smart stay, d inerface of the fone itself.....)
d rating of the battery if removeable
d sound quality
camera quality etc

And most importantly:

IF ITS TOO GOOD TO B TRUE DEN IT AINT TRU
AWUF DEY PURGE BELLE

Av a nice weekend ahead

2 Likes

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by hynex79(m): 1:57am On Jan 03, 2014
youngbilly1: Am suprised no one or company is to be trusted in Nigeria, a friend of mine was at ikeja and bought a used Samsung S4 at Affordables Phone,i gave him my trust about the company but to my suprised they sold him fake korea S4 for N65k. On getting there for a refund we couldn't get a refund but we picked another phone.

Where am driving at is when we checked other stores for the New Samsung S4 it was the same korea Version so we moved to SLOT, we got to slot check the phone out it was original in the display cool! on getting home charging and turning it on it turned out to be a korea version WTF! We complain and they changed it for us. I wanna let everyone here know how to spot a fake S4 and the Original, pls don't be deceived by anyone, both the fake and real looks alike software wise and hardware wise and even the pack.

How to spot a fake S4
1. The camera has a poor quality, when you check the pixel it stops at 8mega pixel while the original is 13mega pixel.

2. The fake has Voice Search instead of S Voice

3. The memory of the fake S4 is 1.8gb instead of 16gb like the original.

4. The screen resolution is poor.

5. If you are buying a used S4 goto samsung office and see the features and resolution of the S4 then you can compare what you're buying when you get to computer village.

Pls goto page 4 and 5 for Videos and Pictures to compare both the Fake and Original.

NOTE: they're not Variant, they're FAKE/COPY/CLONE/BAD/EVIL!! smiley wicked people sells them same price with the original 90k, but people who know's the right thing tells costumer its fake before they sell. God bless

You may not be totally right.I'm currently in the US for a visit n I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 here. After reading ur post n seeing the samsung galaxy s4 version for the network carriers,I thought my phone was a fake S4(not for the issues u listed above). I decided to call Samsung customer service to find out if my phone is real or fake. I did and gave them my IMEI number and I found out that my phone is real but it is an International/African version of the Samsung Galaxy S4(which to me is better because its doesn't need unlocking).They also gave me their website for africa(www.samsung.com/africa_en) which i visited n discovered the pictures on the page matches mine.The American version and the International African version have slight differences but they are all genuine phones. Just because a person has a different version other than American does not necessarily mean that the phone is fake. It could be an international version like in my case. The key is to call Samsung and give them your IMEI and they will tell you if your phone is genuine or not. I hope the experience that I went through helps..

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by youngbilly1: 5:29am On Jan 03, 2014
hynex79:

You may not be totally right.I'm currently in the US for a visit n I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 here. After reading ur post n seeing the samsung galaxy s4 version for the network carriers,I thought my phone was a fake S4(not for the issues u listed above). I decided to call Samsung customer service to find out if my phone is real or fake. I did and gave them my IMEI number and I found out that my phone is real but it is an International/African version of the Samsung Galaxy S4(which to me is better because its doesn't need unlocking).They also gave me their website for africa(www.samsung.com/africa_en) which i visited n discovered the pictures on the page matches mine.The American version and the International African version have slight differences but they are all genuine phones. Just because a person has a different version other than American does not necessarily mean that the phone is fake. It could be an international version like in my case. The key is to call Samsung and give them your IMEI and they will tell you if your phone is genuine or not. I hope the experience that I went through helps..

mr man there's nothing like african version, you cant compare branded phones(attnt,t moblie,verizon) to international unlocked S4...can you watch the youtube videos on page 4-5 or check out the picture? this thread is open for people intending to buy S4 on how to spot a fake, and those using S4 can check their phone out to see if what they bought is genuine
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by GentleFrank(m): 6:43am On Jan 03, 2014
Nice tips !
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Ehisod(m): 10:02am On Jan 03, 2014
First thing you want to do when buying a used android phone especially Samsung phones is check the imei on back panel under the battery and then type *#06# to get get the inbuilt imei number. Compare both of the imei numbers you have to see if they are the same if not, then you are either buying a re-cased phone or a fake. These refurbished phones usually look very clean but when you take them home there is always one issue or the other and the computer village guys will normally show off their animal side when you bring back the phone. Also when dealing with those guys at computer village check that the imei number in their stock book corresponds with what is on the phone else they will refuse to agree that the phone was bought from their store. I have had several run-ins with them and I can categorically say they are straight up hustlers without scruples about the buyers feelings.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by hynex79(m): 10:29am On Jan 03, 2014
youngbilly1:

mr man there's nothing like african version, you cant compare branded phones(attnt,t moblie,verizon) to international unlocked S4...can you watch the youtube videos on page 4-5 or check out the picture? this thread is open for people intending to buy S4 on how to spot a fake, and those using S4 can check their phone out to see if what they bought is genuine

oga iv just told u my experience.you can view the pics n get their number from the websites(Samsung.com for America,or WWW.Samsung.com/Africa_en for Africa),call them for the inquiries.the videos u referring me to was not made by Samsung.America has its own standard n specification(branded) which most Americans don't know are different from another/others.so they believe others are fake because they are not the same as theirs.I'm not saying there's no fake,just letting u guys know their are different versions..
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Damoche10: 10:40am On Jan 03, 2014
Where is SAMSUNG from? Is it not Korea? This guy must be a retard! U need a phone, go to Samsung Office to get why a fairly used one?
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by ezeuba(m): 11:02am On Jan 03, 2014
unmask: he could use it as an itouch....music video games and wifi....so it isn't useless yet........
@op that is why I order from the US.....they have product regulators that actually do their jobs

But he never bargained for an ipod, he paid for an iphone which he can never use unless he can connect to the network the iphone is locked to. By the way, who pays 20k for a music player these days?...
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by folahann(m): 6:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
Problem with i9505 version, it doesn't produce any sound. It fails to play any music format or Video. It also can't record video.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by ladokuntlad(m): 9:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
folahann: Problem with i9505 version, it doesn't produce any sound. It fails to play any music format or Video. It also can't record video.
That's not true!!!!
pls dnt come here and start spoiling the mobile market.
wat sort of hasty conclusion is dis smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by cahnellven: 12:29am On Jan 05, 2014
dmcdad:
You have a good head on your shoulders

THAnks man
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by DrDre1(m): 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2014
@ hynex79
Yes sir. Ur phone is an original Samsung phone but it's different from the AT&Ts, T-Mobile and other carrier versions in America. What u have is an international version and that's why it's called the type meant for Africa. Now the point is that what they produce for Africa and many international markets are different from what those carriers have. I know it may quite hard to believe but that is the truth. That doesn't mean ur phone is a fake. It's just the internals are slightly different and have less build quality than the American versions. Let me give u some examples. Some Galaxy S2s in America have very obvious differences from what was sold internationally. They were bigger, had more buttons and the T-mobile version even had a 1.5ghz processor (quite similar to the S3) instead of the regular 1.2ghz processor the regular versions had. Also, these versions had NFC and 4G capabilities which was not available for international versions. U can do a quick search with these names Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (AT&T) and Galaxy S2 Titian (T-Mobile). As at the time the Americans were using these phones, many countries didn't even have the structure to use the phone well. China itself has just started installing 4G last year or thereabouts. Another example is the S3. The American versions have 2gb ram which is more than what others have. Galaxy Note 2 from America has 4G amongst other things that the international versions don't have. Even the European versions are not that loaded but they have exactly the same look. Don't mean to burst ur bubble. Just trying to explain the differences. smiley

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by folahann(m): 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
ladokuntlad:
That's not true!!!!
pls dnt come here and start spoiling the mobile market.
wat sort of hasty conclusion is dis smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Mr. Man, you misunderstood my post. I meant I have an i9505 version that has that problem.I think it was damaged when it was being unlocked.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by akorsson(m): 2:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
Make cool cash from your dead or condemned inverter batteries and other heavy duty batteries. Contact padre tech on 08161195037or bbm on 758a9ed5. We shall come do the pick up anywhere u have them
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Applesbeam: 11:43am On Jun 27, 2014
Please take note S4 Mini is out on OLX and it is "FAKE" . olx seem to be selling fake items , I have been a victim 2wice. My last one was i bought an S4 mini for 35K fairly used only to discover its fucking FAKE (Insufficient Memory), I had to resell it to an Illiterate guy who does know much about Techky fone, He was only happy when he saw the Air Gesture of the S4 Mini working (Poor Guy) I sold it 20k sha ... Atleast it has BBM, Twitter, Whatapp and other social network ..... Guys be smart oh! Verified Online sellers are www.jumia.com , other retailers are not guaranteed. I buy things online almost every week.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by slimstunt: 6:56pm On Aug 06, 2015
hello..please if any1 has aa used Iphone 5 or 5C 4 sale pls msg me on whatsapp- 08133735742. Misplaced som1s iphone 5C. wanna replace it. Pls help a bro in need.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

USA Used Laptops For Sale At Affordable Prices. Updated. / Dongle Device-[unscramble All Locked Channels] / I Need Number Codes To Reset Memmcol Prepaid Meter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.